July 31, 2014 | 1687 users online

Styling Products - L'Oreal - Ever Curl Sculpt & Hold Cream-Gel

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2014 12:21:00 PM More reviews by Caseclosedbabe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this product! I have super dry frizzy hair because of damage from bleach. And it weighed my hair just enough to stop the frizz and create my beautiful curls that I missed! I used to use something like this back in the day by the sunsilk curl line and I missed it but this is just as good! Hopefully my hair will be on its way back to good health with this product making the process more bearable!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/8/2013 5:12:00 PM More reviews by Rahbit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I don't like giving negative reviews. I usually find good stuff about everything that I own, even though some stuff is just bad. I like the packaging, it really got me to buy it in the first place. I like the scent, personally...I don't know, it's like a, baby powder scent. It's "ok". I don't really mind the scent and the first thing I do when I buy a product is smell it, so I really love smells if that says anything. Other than that, this really did nothing to my hair but make it look wet all day when it's dry. It just looks like, wet, plain jane hair. That's about it. It's just that plain of a product, I have nothing much more to say about it. That's all it did to my hair. I have wavy/curly hair, some parts of my hair curls more than other parts. At first when I applied it, I noticed a stiffness and that scared me, but I may have just put a little too much product in those particular areas, so that might be the case of the stiff, because other parts of my hair are not stiff. I don't know, I just don't like it. I don't like throwing out things so I will continue using it and purchase something else to go with it, but I will not be buying this again. I might even return it, I've never returned anything in my life.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2013 5:08:00 PM More reviews by jenn8779

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been using the "Ever" line products for awhile now and have great success with most of them. I have naturally curly hair so I was excited when the EverCurl line came out. I bought the cleansing conditioner and loved it so I figured I'd try another product in the line. I decided to get this cream-gel since I was using the EverStyle curling gel and also the EverSleek leave-in conditioner and the combination gave me great results and had run out of them both. This seemed like it should be a combination of the two products in one. Wrong!! In all honesty, this just didn't seem to do a thing for my hair, no matter how much or how little I used. After trying to get it to work a few times, I finally gave up and returned it. I will say that the packaging was pretty nice...its just a shame it didn't work. I exchanged it for the new EverStyle Texture series tousling cream, which I just love- see my review on that one!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2013 11:01:00 AM More reviews by babystrange

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I don't really understand all the negative reviews on this. I am on my 2nd bottle of this product and I find it leaves my curls soft and defined. Yes, it will weigh your hair down if you use too much, like most products designed to provide hold. I use two pumps on my medium-length, thick curls and it leaves them curly and beautiful. I will probably continue to buy this product unless something else comes out I want to experiment with.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/28/2013 6:35:00 PM More reviews by twistlove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

Not buying this again , returned it after i used it once . My hair looked greasy , and it felt like i placed oil in my hair.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/12/2013 5:43:00 PM More reviews by Shalhevet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Rarely do I have occasion to describe using a hair product as a painful and humiliating experience.

I was excited to try this, so I scrunched in about 2 pumps of product in the waiting room bathroom while waiting for the train.

An overwhelming cheap floral scent attacked me almost right away. I was getting nauseated and my head starting to feel heavy and dizzy,but I had no way to pry this from my hair. On the train people were coughing all around me. The person sitting next to me actually got up and moved to another seat.

I was so embarrassed my face was red, and I felt really bad for those people, but there was nothing I could do... By the time I got off, I was on the verge of tears. I was feeling physically sick, not to mention humiliated.

The minute I got home I raced to the shower, but traces of the smell still linger now, the next day:( I don't know if my bottle was spoiled or what, but I'm certainly not going to try again. I didn't have it on for long enough to determine curl defining ability, so I can't help you there.

I guess the only remotely positive thing about this story is that I learned not to judge others, since I did make fun of people ODing of perfume in public before.

Needless to say, this is going back and I will not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/12/2013 3:03:00 PM More reviews by EmiriamdD

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Ridiculous. And I had such high hopes for this stuff because I pay big money for hair care products meant specifically for curly hair. This styling product left my wavy-curly hair frizzy and greasy. It's got some kind of oil or conditioning stuff in it, which only weighs my curls down. I couldn't move or scrunch or style my hair at all with this. Returned it after one use.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No