April 17, 2014 | 1739 users online

Eyes - City Cosmetics - City Lash

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2014 3:15:00 PM More reviews by flybaby

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I should have taken the time to review this earlier...

I have a long history as a City Cosmetics customer, and a relatively long history of using lash enhances/conditioners.

My first lash product was LiLash. At first it made me itchy, but I persevered, and, for whatever reason the itchiness went away. I think I cut back from using twice a day to only once. This was around mid 2008 (I think). LiLash was great. No complaints. It really REALLY worked and increased lash length. Before starting it, I'd been having individual extensions applied at a salon, and, I think over time it this had caused gradual thinning of my lashes. No gaps, but the lash hair itself was thinner.

So, that may be why I felt the LiLash was so dramatically effective. I used for a couple of years, but then switched to generic Latisse. I honestly felt results were about the same.

Then, I had a problem with the online pharmacy I had been ordering the generic from, went back to LiLash for one tube.

Then, my dermatologist office had a huge sale on Latisse, and I bought four bottles. What I DIDN'T like about the Latisse was the stupid thick disposable brushes it comes with. I mean really? The company can't even provide a slim eyeliner brush like the generic comes with??

I did not notice a difference in effect between all of the above mentioned products, except that in my perception the LiLash made them a bit thicker.

Once I ran out of the Latisse, I toyed with going back to LiLash, but it was so darned expensive. I tried a couple of drugstore brands which did not work nearly as well. I don't remember offhand what the specific brands were. I will update this review later if I do.

I've been using City Lips (clear ) since about 2002. I receive promos and sale emails from them. They had a sale on City Lash, so I decided to try it.

Yes, there are some occasions when it stings my eyes, but not always, and not usually. So, I think it's something I have done before using it that causes the stinging. (I apply at night after cleansing face). It's the only reason I can come up with, because it's all the same tube of product. It's not like one tube stung, but the next one didn't, if you get what I mean.

The effect is as good as Latisse and the generic form of Latisse. LiLash could have a slight edge, but then again, I think I'll always think LiLash is great because it's the first enhancer I ever used.

I have had such good customer service with City Cosmetics, this factor alone makes me want to stick with their product. (I've always bought from them online rather than a brick and mortar store). Plus, they do run sales on it, and I've never seen LiLash on sale. For a while it was shown at a discounted price on Amazon, but last time I looked it wasn't there anymore.

Anyway, to summarize, this has worked for me. It will occasionally sting, but I think it's related to how vigorously I've removed my eye makeup prior to applying. The customer service via the phone is almost always outstanding.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2014 6:49:00 PM More reviews by Persianqueen1502

I have fallen in LOVE with City Lash! After just few days of using it I instantly noticed that my lashes were longer and thicker...and after just a few weeks of use it looked like I was wearing mascara when I wasn't. I am HOOKED to this stuff. No more need to wear layers of mascara or false eyelashes all the time!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2014 6:45:00 PM More reviews by maaryyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this product! My lashes have grown from using it every night. This is the best lash enhancer out in the market!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2014 6:24:00 PM More reviews by jennyedge310

In LOVE with City Lash! I've tried so many lash enhancers and they either stung my eyes or didn't work. I've used City Lash for a month now and I swear my lash length has DOUBLED. I don't have to wear as much mascara anymore - they are much thicker and darker! I swear by City Lash from now on!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2014 6:24:00 PM More reviews by sammyg43

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

my favorite thing about this product is i can actually see a difference. i used a different one that left a weird brown mark on my eyelid, obviously from something in the formula. so i was really excited to find one that did the job without the stain. city lash helped pretty significantly and you'll be able to see your growth over a week. i'd recommend it and i'd get it again.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/13/2014 2:16:00 AM More reviews by QueenRed

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For me, the results after two months of use are:

No noticeable change in the quality of my lashes
Irritated skin along the lash line
Less money in my wallet.

I would not recommend this product. It stings so badly that it discourages one from using it. Expensive for something that doesn't work. Great tube though. I am a huge fan of City Lips, and so I had high hopes for this.

I have had unexpectedly good results with something called RapidLash.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/15/2013 7:16:00 AM More reviews by addicted2makup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Violet

Before I use a beauty product I research the ingredients and read all the studies I can find on the main ingredient in the product. I had high hopes for City Lash with Myristoyl Pentapeptide-17 as its main active ingredient. I used the product twice a day until I ran out which was about 2 1/2 months. I did not notice any difference in lash length or thickness. To be fair I decided to try the product for another round before reviewing but when I went to the website to reorder the price had increased by $30! I paid $49 initially which is rather spendy especially if the product fails to work. I have decided to try another product instead. I had no problems with irritation and I did like the clear packaging so you know when you need to reorder. Seems to work for some people but not me.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/25/2013 1:18:00 PM More reviews by vittoriabrooks123

Not a huge fan of this product. I also experienced a burn after applying, and after a using for a week had to discontinue use, as it made my eczema that I occasionally have on my eye lids flare up.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/20/2013 4:48:00 AM More reviews by leenet13

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Received my City Lash a few weeks ago....the first time I used it, my eyes burned so badly I couldn't open them!!! The stinging didn't stop...so I don't understand the other reviews!

I have not seen any improvement yet....

Concerned about the burning in my eyes...Anyone else have this experience? I'm very concerned about continuing use...

At this time, I would not buy again

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2013 12:19:00 AM More reviews by kaleykinnns

My eyelashes are very short and thin, so I'm always looking for new ways to make them better. I received City Lash as a gift and I've only used it for a week but I've already noticed a difference. I couldn't tell if my eyelashes got thicker but they did get a little bit longer. My sister noticed they looked longer too! Like I said, it has only been a week, but I'm excited to see the results in a few weeks. I haven't tried Latisse or anything but I've tried the Revlon's Grow Luscious Mascara and that one did nothing for me! City Lash definitely did.

My eyes are also really sensitive so I liked that it didn't sting my eyes when I put them on. On the box, it says that the product does not contain any of the chemicals that would change the color of my eyelids. Which is a huge plus!! I haven't noticed any discoloration at all.

I put it on every night before I go to bed and it dries very fast, which is very convenient especially because some nights I do forget but I can put it on the next day when I'm getting ready.

The pricing is high at $79.99 but the product should last me months or even a year, so it is definitely an investment but it's worth it.