October 30, 2014 | 1451 users online

Eyes - City Cosmetics - City Lash

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2014 12:31:00 PM More reviews by LeslieCZ

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Since I adore City Lips, I decided to give this a try since it got so many good reviews. I have short, thin, puny, truly crappy lashes. NO burn, NO sting, but NO results after three++ months using twice per day. However to be fair to the product, I was very ill and lost ALL my hair (head and body). It's been over two years since I was sick and most of my body hair has NEVER grown back in (no more shaving at least!) so I may just be a hopeless cause for hair regrowth products. Thankfully, I have a good stylist and cute short hair on my head!

UPDATE 10/28/14: I am still using this until I finish it (the tubes seem to hold endless product and I got 4 during one of their many specials), I do notice my lashes are softer and don't pull out as much when removing mascara, so this IS doing something positive even for me, but not enough to rebuy it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2014 1:48:00 PM More reviews by kdbrown9

I love this product! I had considered numerous lash enhancers due to thinning lashes from thyroid disease. My primary objection to most of them was the inclusion of prostaglandins. I have blue eyes and didn't want them to turn colors. I got a two for one deal on this product after joining the City Cosmetics site, so I thought I'd at least give it a try. I use it only once per day - at night after cleansing my face. It took much more than two months for me to notice the results (many reviewers indicate that they didn't see any improvement after two months, but I think it takes longer than that to really notice them). If you apply the product twice per day, it's likely the results will be sooner. Nonetheless, I use only once per day and now six months later, my lashes look better than they have in a long time - fuller and longer. I don't even need mascara. My derm (who offered me Latisse) is always complimenting them, and she uses Latisse. All lash enhancers on the market are expensive. This one is no exception; however, I am still using the first of the two tubes I purchased six months ago with serum still remaining in the tube (I estimate another two months worth). If I only have to purchase two tubes a year, then the price is really very good (about $80 per tube - I got mine on a special for two tube for about $100). My one caution is that the serum can burn if it gets in your eyes. It won't damage your eyes, but it will burn like fire. After many tries, I've perfected the art of putting it on so that it doesn't get into my eyes (making sure my entire eye area is very dry after cleansing helps). I would definitely recommend this to anyone looking for fuller and longer lashes. It's not the cheapest lash product on the market, but it lasts forever and is a good value for that reason.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2014 8:10:00 PM More reviews by Willalovesmakeup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this product they make my lashes so full. Everytime i wear this I get compliments on my eyes :) Thanks citylash!

WLM

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2014 7:24:00 PM More reviews by blar1813

I didn't actually buy this product for my lashes, but for my eyebrows! My natural brows are fairly thick, but for years I had over-plucked them to get a thin brow. I wanted to go a bit more natural, but my eyebrows were just not growing in well! There were a few almost bald spots that made my natural arch look really bad, so I decided I might as well give this product a try because it had a 60 day guarantee. The results were not immediate, and I did end up using it twice a day on the weekends (I don't know if I would really recommend this unless you have time to clean up your eyebrows thoroughly at the end of the day. It can get built up a bit). After about 6 weeks, though, my eyebrows were thick enough that I didn't have the urge to pluck them back to the thin little line I had for years! I don't really use it as often now that my eyebrows are back to a more natural look, but when my sister decides she wants a more natural brow look I'll point her in the direction of City Lash.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2014 4:34:00 PM More reviews by bradfordnat1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I never used Latisse like most reviewers have nor have I used any lash enchancment before this so I have nothing to compare but I love this product! Its like a liquid eyeliner to apply, and its quick and easy and it total works. I had new eyelashes grown out in like a month!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2014 3:15:00 PM More reviews by flybaby

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I should have taken the time to review this earlier...

I have a long history as a City Cosmetics customer, and a relatively long history of using lash enhances/conditioners.

My first lash product was LiLash. At first it made me itchy, but I persevered, and, for whatever reason the itchiness went away. I think I cut back from using twice a day to only once. This was around mid 2008 (I think). LiLash was great. No complaints. It really REALLY worked and increased lash length. Before starting it, I'd been having individual extensions applied at a salon, and, I think over time it this had caused gradual thinning of my lashes. No gaps, but the lash hair itself was thinner.

So, that may be why I felt the LiLash was so dramatically effective. I used for a couple of years, but then switched to generic Latisse. I honestly felt results were about the same.

Then, I had a problem with the online pharmacy I had been ordering the generic from, went back to LiLash for one tube.

Then, my dermatologist office had a huge sale on Latisse, and I bought four bottles. What I DIDN'T like about the Latisse was the stupid thick disposable brushes it comes with. I mean really? The company can't even provide a slim eyeliner brush like the generic comes with??

I did not notice a difference in effect between all of the above mentioned products, except that in my perception the LiLash made them a bit thicker.

Once I ran out of the Latisse, I toyed with going back to LiLash, but it was so darned expensive. I tried a couple of drugstore brands which did not work nearly as well. I don't remember offhand what the specific brands were. I will update this review later if I do.

I've been using City Lips (clear ) since about 2002. I receive promos and sale emails from them. They had a sale on City Lash, so I decided to try it.

Yes, there are some occasions when it stings my eyes, but not always, and not usually. So, I think it's something I have done before using it that causes the stinging. (I apply at night after cleansing face). It's the only reason I can come up with, because it's all the same tube of product. It's not like one tube stung, but the next one didn't, if you get what I mean.

The effect is as good as Latisse and the generic form of Latisse. LiLash could have a slight edge, but then again, I think I'll always think LiLash is great because it's the first enhancer I ever used.

I have had such good customer service with City Cosmetics, this factor alone makes me want to stick with their product. (I've always bought from them online rather than a brick and mortar store). Plus, they do run sales on it, and I've never seen LiLash on sale. For a while it was shown at a discounted price on Amazon, but last time I looked it wasn't there anymore.

Anyway, to summarize, this has worked for me. It will occasionally sting, but I think it's related to how vigorously I've removed my eye makeup prior to applying. The customer service via the phone is almost always outstanding.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 1/13/2014 2:16:00 AM More reviews by QueenRed

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For me, the results after two months of use are:

No noticeable change in the quality of my lashes
Irritated skin along the lash line
Less money in my wallet.

I would not recommend this product. It stings so badly that it discourages one from using it. Expensive for something that doesn't work. Great tube though. I am a huge fan of City Lips, and so I had high hopes for this.

I have had unexpectedly good results with something called RapidLash.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/15/2013 7:16:00 AM More reviews by addicted2makup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Violet

Before I use a beauty product I research the ingredients and read all the studies I can find on the main ingredient in the product. I had high hopes for City Lash with Myristoyl Pentapeptide-17 as its main active ingredient. I used the product twice a day until I ran out which was about 2 1/2 months. I did not notice any difference in lash length or thickness. To be fair I decided to try the product for another round before reviewing but when I went to the website to reorder the price had increased by $30! I paid $49 initially which is rather spendy especially if the product fails to work. I have decided to try another product instead. I had no problems with irritation and I did like the clear packaging so you know when you need to reorder. Seems to work for some people but not me.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/25/2013 1:18:00 PM More reviews by vittoriabrooks123

Not a huge fan of this product. I also experienced a burn after applying, and after a using for a week had to discontinue use, as it made my eczema that I occasionally have on my eye lids flare up.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/20/2013 4:48:00 AM More reviews by leenet13

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Received my City Lash a few weeks ago....the first time I used it, my eyes burned so badly I couldn't open them!!! The stinging didn't stop...so I don't understand the other reviews!

I have not seen any improvement yet....

Concerned about the burning in my eyes...Anyone else have this experience? I'm very concerned about continuing use...

At this time, I would not buy again