October 21, 2014 | 1995 users online

Concealers - Revlon - Colorstay Concealer

rated 2 of 5 on 10/12/2014 12:30:00 PM More reviews by georgiagemma

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

My experience with this concealer has gone from okayish to terrible.
A few good things about it is that its the only concealer that matches my skin tone perfectly. It also blends well and looks very natural... but that's the thing. It looks natural because it doesn't do it's job - conceal! I have minor hyper pigmentation marks which seem to go away after putting it on with a very light hand, but even after giving it quite a while to set, it does not stay put. It seems to slide all over the place and I find myself needing to reapply layers and layers of it, which ends up looking horribly cakey. I feel that it's due to the formula being too wet :( won't buy again!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2014 10:54:00 AM More reviews by genarod

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Shout out to this ds underdog

Since I've suffered from acne forever basically, I have probably tried every concealer to cover hyperpigmemtation scars.

I find this lasts longer on my scars than mac PLW. By the end of the day my hyperpigmemtation spots are highly visible wearing PLW, but this covers them completely and all day without me having to cake it on.

Pros:
Long lasting
02 light is a perfect perfect match on my nc15 skin
Price (PLW is $19 for .3 oz and this is like $9 for .2 oz)
Great texture- not so thin it doesn't cover but light enough to move easily around the skin and work quickly

Cons:
Doe foot applicator
Has salicylic acid- dont use for undereye concealer. I still use PLW for that (nw20)
Should have more product for a ds brand (*i feel*)

All in all this is a great product that no one ever talks about. Can be hard to find at times, but I'll go out of my way bc this is such a great concealer.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/5/2014 4:24:00 PM More reviews by epace

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I found this product to be a little pricey. I purchased it at Target here in CA for $10, it was more than my foundation, also by Revlon (Color stay Foundation) which was on sale for $8.99. Pros: Easy application, good coverage Cons: Pricey, hard to blend I think I may have gotten a shade too light, and this is why it is hard to blend. I thought that it was going to cover zits a lot better than it does, you can still see some redness after I put it on. But I would still recommend this to anyone! Just make sure you get the right color!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/17/2014 12:52:00 PM More reviews by shadowphoenix

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This concealer is ok. Nothing to write home about though. I find it to be light/medium, depending on how you apply it.

Pros - covers the way it should if applied correctly
- blends well if blended immediately
- "01 Fair" matched even my super pale complexion

Cons - doesn't last long
- if you try to build it, it looks cakey
- have to tap undereye lines for a few minutes after application to avoid having those bright, concealer-creases

Point of note - a pro or con depending on what you're looking for, this is essentially a light coverage concealer. I don't currently have anything major to cover up, so it's alright for me. But when I do, I have to try to build it, which takes way too much carefulness for me to want to do it very often.

Overall, I'll continue to use it until it runs out, at which point, if I can't find anything immediately that I think is better, I'll buy it again. It's not so bad that I would try "anything else". But I'll be looking for something better when it's done. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2014 12:38:00 PM More reviews by rosiejnes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

this is an excellent concealer!
I like the feel on my skin and it has a soft brush that is easy to
sweep under your eyes or dot on your nose!

it does what it says on the packaging! COLOURSTAY, the colour lasts all day long

overall, I would say it is a lightweight fluid concealer that is gentle to apply, lasts long and looks great, it is a wonder product in my opinion!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/26/2014 4:25:00 AM More reviews by yunisu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I have been using ZA Perfect Fit Concealer which works really great in my opinion before switching this. Decided to get this second hand, because it retails for $19.90 in my country (which is pretty expensive in my opinion considering this is a drugstore brand) and also because the colourstay range from Revlon has very good reviews - I thought this would be worth giving it a shot.

Things I usually look for in a concealer:
-> thick consistency YET does not feel or look cake
-> able to give medium - full coverage
-> packaging should be convenient and not cause spillage

///

Shade: 05 Medium Deep (I'm roughly a NC30-35)

Pros:
+ Creamy
+ Buildable coverage - won't look extremely cakey (I live in humid conditions)
+ Able to give medium-full coverage
+ Comes in a tube - you just have to dab on the amt of concealer you want, will not cause spillage
+ Has a scent that smells very much like......chocolate(?) **: it does not bother me though, I just felt surprised by the scent of it.

Cons:
- Does not last for more than 3-4 hours.
- Needs to be reapplied, which sucks because I do not have the time to reapply them!
- Product is very thick, you have to be wary about putting too much - a little can go a long way in my opinion!

Overall, it didn't really exceed my expectations considering that I really love their colourstay foundation and photoready foundation, maybe I expected that the product can have around the same amount of lasting power. I would still prefer to use ZA's Perfect Fit concealer in my opinion.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2014 1:12:00 PM More reviews by kkirk

This is hands down the best concealer I have used. Great coverage with a very thin layer of product. I've tried many different kinds, including cover fx, etc - and yes...at first the cover fx looked good...but it would wear off so fast and you could 'see' it on your skin. This stuff melds right in while covering - and it lasts far longer than any other concealer I've used. I use it for melisma spots and blemish marks.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2014 8:11:00 PM More reviews by ashjamesgav

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I switched over to this concealer from an Elf concealer that didn't offer enough coverage and was too light. I bought this in light/medium and it works very well to cover under eye circles and blemishes. I wish that it offered a little more coverage so it's not an HG product yet for me, but with the BOGO 50% off Walgreens deals it was a good price for a pretty good concealer.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2014 11:29:00 AM More reviews by wenyuzhang88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This concealer's formula works quite well for my needs. It's creamy so that it doesn't flake by the end of the day. It stays on quite well compared to my Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer. I've no complaints and I will probably buy this again as opposed to the Nars once I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2014 2:25:00 PM More reviews by polmaysaund

Best concealer I've used. Annoying packaging because sponge applicators aren't very hygienic but I use a small brush to take the concealer off the sponge applicator and then put it on any problem areas. I have several acne scars and this covers them up brilliantly. It doesn't however work so well on undereye bags. It's very blend able and hardly cakey at all. Love it :)