Revlon Colorstay Concealer

3.6

· Aqua ((Water) Eau) · Dimethicone · Trimethylsiloxysilicate · Glycerin · Phenyl Trimethicone · Trisiloxane · PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone · Boron Nitride · Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone · Butylene Glycol · Sodium Chloride · Tribehenin · Ethylhexyl Palmitate · Salicylic Acid · Tocopheryl Acetate · Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice · Cymbidium Grandiflorum Flower Extract · Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract

I blame Paula's Choice for this purchase. I trust them and now will always second guess their reviews. This is just complete garbage. I have never had any makeup seek out the line under my eyes like it was its job quite like this product. It aged me 15 years. It's an under eye line guided missile. BOOM.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

This was another concealer mkss for me. I think it could function for other people, but just didn't fit the bill for me. The formula can be applied with the doe foot applicator, but I feel I though the formula is a bit runny once applied to the skin. I felt as though it dried quickly and was very drying. Settled into my fine lines and made alpeR older than what I am. Will not repurchase.

on 1/29/2015 7:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I just wrote a review of the Maybelline Fit Me (which, BTW, I prefer), so I figured I'd pop over here and review this too. :)

First of all, this is true to claim in that the color really does stay. However, in my experience, it's because of it being a "dry liquid" (sorry, I can't articulate it better than that, ha!) that lasts a long time but tends to cake up and is very difficult to blend. I imagine this would be more suited for combo/oily skin, but for my normal-ish but acne-prone skin with dry/flaky patches, it is a little unforgiving.

The good news: I don't use this under eyes, only on spots of discoloration (post-inflammatory pigmentation and minor melasma), and I find that the shade Light 02 is GREAT for my NC/NW20ish skin tone. It's quite yellow, but I find it really good in counteracting darkness/redness. Mixed with the Maybelline Fit Me concealer in Light 10, I've found a good combo that lasts well, covers well, and is blendable and not drying. (Unfortunately I have to mix the two because neither are perfect, but so it goes......)

on 12/24/2014 10:44:00 PM

This has been my go to for almost 10 yrs now, I have tried everything from high end to drugstore & everything in between & this continues to be the best concealer I have ever tried.. It covers my acne, redness, & hyper pigmentation. While it may not be my favorite for under my eyes I have no problem using something else (I prefer brightening products under my eyes anyway)

Long story short, if you are in the market for a new concealer give this one a shot! It is worth it!

on 12/18/2014 2:23:00 AM

Pros:
- full coverage
- blends very easily
-- I've tried using my fingers and a makeup sponge, and it blends beautifully with both
- a little goes a long way
-- since it's super blendable, I can easily it spread it over a large area
- lasts for a long time
-- I would apply this on around 7 am and would find it still there even after 12 hours
- feels very lightweight

Cons:
- limited shade range
- if you have oily/combination skin, you need to blot once or twice in order for the concealer to last for a while

Finally! A drugstore concealer that has my shade! The shade I have is 02 Light. It's yellow enough for my skintone and also has a slight brightening effect. Instead of wearing foundation, I put this concealer all over my T-zone and little on my cheeks.

on 12/3/2014 11:16:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I use this all over my face, not under my eyes only. I actually like the texture and feel of this better than the CS foundations. Maybe that is why these concealers are so expensive. The shade medium matches my skin perfectly. Although I am oily, it does not feel greasy on me. It holds on the whole day and I have no complaints whatsoever. Highly recommended.

on 11/8/2014 10:37:00 PM

This is okay but I recommend that you moisturize heavily under the eyes because it looks cake like and drying. It lasted only 5 hours on me and is pretty much a mediocre product. It did blend well though.
EL makes a far better product.

on 10/12/2014 12:30:00 PM

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

My experience with this concealer has gone from okayish to terrible.
A few good things about it is that its the only concealer that matches my skin tone perfectly. It also blends well and looks very natural... but that's the thing. It looks natural because it doesn't do it's job - conceal! I have minor hyper pigmentation marks which seem to go away after putting it on with a very light hand, but even after giving it quite a while to set, it does not stay put. It seems to slide all over the place and I find myself needing to reapply layers and layers of it, which ends up looking horribly cakey. I feel that it's due to the formula being too wet :( won't buy again!

on 8/18/2014 10:54:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Shout out to this ds underdog

Since I've suffered from acne forever basically, I have probably tried every concealer to cover hyperpigmemtation scars.

I find this lasts longer on my scars than mac PLW. By the end of the day my hyperpigmemtation spots are highly visible wearing PLW, but this covers them completely and all day without me having to cake it on.

Pros:
Long lasting
02 light is a perfect perfect match on my nc15 skin
Price (PLW is $19 for .3 oz and this is like $9 for .2 oz)
Great texture- not so thin it doesn't cover but light enough to move easily around the skin and work quickly

Cons:
Doe foot applicator
Has salicylic acid- dont use for undereye concealer. I still use PLW for that (nw20)
Should have more product for a ds brand (*i feel*)

All in all this is a great product that no one ever talks about. Can be hard to find at times, but I'll go out of my way bc this is such a great concealer.

on 7/5/2014 4:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I found this product to be a little pricey. I purchased it at Target here in CA for $10, it was more than my foundation, also by Revlon (Color stay Foundation) which was on sale for $8.99. Pros: Easy application, good coverage Cons: Pricey, hard to blend I think I may have gotten a shade too light, and this is why it is hard to blend. I thought that it was going to cover zits a lot better than it does, you can still see some redness after I put it on. But I would still recommend this to anyone! Just make sure you get the right color!