Revlon Colorstay Concealer

3.5

· Aqua ((Water) Eau) · Dimethicone · Trimethylsiloxysilicate · Glycerin · Phenyl Trimethicone · Trisiloxane · PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone · Boron Nitride · Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone · Butylene Glycol · Sodium Chloride · Tribehenin · Ethylhexyl Palmitate · Salicylic Acid · Tocopheryl Acetate · Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice · Cymbidium Grandiflorum Flower Extract · Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract

on 7/20/2015 2:35:00 PM

The shade I got fit me perfectly, and the packaging doesn't leak or break easily, but the product itself does not work for me. It does little to actually conceal. I've tried applying it with the applicator, my finger, a brush, but it flakes terribly no matter what. Can't find a way to make it work.

on 6/16/2015 5:24:00 PM

Limited shades.. I got the lightest shade and it does not conceal at all. A shade darker is too dark for me. Consistency is too wet and just blends the product away. The product is quite oily so I don't think it suits people with oily skin.

on 5/31/2015 4:32:00 AM

Although this concealer was the one I found that matched my skin tone perfectly and it had very nice coverage, it made me develop horribly dry and acne prone skin on the areas I applied it too! It has only become a slippery slope as I have the urge to cover my acne with the concealer, which only makes the problem way worse! Also, the applicator is horrible (doe foot). I will not be repurchasing this

on 4/13/2015 1:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I really like this concealer, I've repurchased it a few times now over the years. It lasts all day, dries to a natural finish, and covers any imperfections nicely. It is full coverage so I like to buff it in with a brush. I generally have very clear skin so I feel like any spots will really stand out, so I need a good concealer to feel confident on off days. This one does everything I need!

I blame Paula's Choice for this purchase. I trust them and now will always second guess their reviews. This is just complete garbage. I have never had any makeup seek out the line under my eyes like it was its job quite like this product. It aged me 15 years. It's an under eye line guided missile. BOOM.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

This was another concealer mkss for me. I think it could function for other people, but just didn't fit the bill for me. The formula can be applied with the doe foot applicator, but I feel I though the formula is a bit runny once applied to the skin. I felt as though it dried quickly and was very drying. Settled into my fine lines and made alpeR older than what I am. Will not repurchase.

on 1/29/2015 7:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I just wrote a review of the Maybelline Fit Me (which, BTW, I prefer), so I figured I'd pop over here and review this too. :)

First of all, this is true to claim in that the color really does stay. However, in my experience, it's because of it being a "dry liquid" (sorry, I can't articulate it better than that, ha!) that lasts a long time but tends to cake up and is very difficult to blend. I imagine this would be more suited for combo/oily skin, but for my normal-ish but acne-prone skin with dry/flaky patches, it is a little unforgiving.

The good news: I don't use this under eyes, only on spots of discoloration (post-inflammatory pigmentation and minor melasma), and I find that the shade Light 02 is GREAT for my NC/NW20ish skin tone. It's quite yellow, but I find it really good in counteracting darkness/redness. Mixed with the Maybelline Fit Me concealer in Light 10, I've found a good combo that lasts well, covers well, and is blendable and not drying. (Unfortunately I have to mix the two because neither are perfect, but so it goes......)

on 12/24/2014 10:44:00 PM

This has been my go to for almost 10 yrs now, I have tried everything from high end to drugstore & everything in between & this continues to be the best concealer I have ever tried.. It covers my acne, redness, & hyper pigmentation. While it may not be my favorite for under my eyes I have no problem using something else (I prefer brightening products under my eyes anyway)

Long story short, if you are in the market for a new concealer give this one a shot! It is worth it!

on 12/18/2014 2:23:00 AM

Pros:
- full coverage
- blends very easily
-- I've tried using my fingers and a makeup sponge, and it blends beautifully with both
- a little goes a long way
-- since it's super blendable, I can easily it spread it over a large area
- lasts for a long time
-- I would apply this on around 7 am and would find it still there even after 12 hours
- feels very lightweight

Cons:
- limited shade range
- if you have oily/combination skin, you need to blot once or twice in order for the concealer to last for a while

Finally! A drugstore concealer that has my shade! The shade I have is 02 Light. It's yellow enough for my skintone and also has a slight brightening effect. Instead of wearing foundation, I put this concealer all over my T-zone and little on my cheeks.

on 12/3/2014 11:16:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I use this all over my face, not under my eyes only. I actually like the texture and feel of this better than the CS foundations. Maybe that is why these concealers are so expensive. The shade medium matches my skin perfectly. Although I am oily, it does not feel greasy on me. It holds on the whole day and I have no complaints whatsoever. Highly recommended.