Revlon Colorstay Concealer

3.5

· Aqua ((Water) Eau) · Dimethicone · Trimethylsiloxysilicate · Glycerin · Phenyl Trimethicone · Trisiloxane · PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone · Boron Nitride · Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone · Butylene Glycol · Sodium Chloride · Tribehenin · Ethylhexyl Palmitate · Salicylic Acid · Tocopheryl Acetate · Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice · Cymbidium Grandiflorum Flower Extract · Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract

on 9/3/2015 10:22:00 PM

This concealer came with the Revlon Colorstay foundation.
I have it in the shade 02 light.
I have normal to dry skin and I am the driest around my eyes. I don't have terrible dark circles.
That being said, this product did nothing for me.
It barely was able to conceal anything and wore off after 3-4 hours. It settled into my fine lines and made my under eye area look dry and flakey. I even tried it on my blemishes (which i dont have a lot to cover and aren't as pigmented) and it wore off after 3 hours about. This product also transfers so watch out.
One thing to keep in mind is that i didn't use an under eye cream before applying it on my dark circles. Maybe that could have helped but the coverage was so sheer that I have given up trying.
Packaging is nice though.

on 8/27/2015 9:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This works well as a medium-full coverage concealer. For big zits (I have a big, bright red one right now on my chin) it doesn't do a great job on concealing it. I tried patting it on my zit with both fingers and a damp sponge, but it only covered it a little bit. So I had to put some powder on it, then put some more concealer on top to cover it more fully.
It concealed a lot better for my dark circles. Not drying and blends easily. I also used it around my nose, forehead, and chin to even out the skin a little bit and it does the job. With foundation and you get full coverage.
I got it on sale for about $13 (which is still a little pricey for me as a broke student) but I'm not too disappointed with it. Definitely better than the cream stick version by 100%!!!
Will continue to use it and might even repurchase it.

on 8/6/2015 3:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Bought on clearance at Target. I liked it fine. The twist tube keeps everything nice and clean. Good coverage, easy to blend with damp Beauty Blender. May have emphasized my fine lines more than my MAC Pro Longwear. I do set even concealer with powder. Wouldn't buy again because I just think MAC has me covered for not a whole lot more money.

on 8/2/2015 3:50:00 PM

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

Good, not great, concealer but terrible delivery system. You crank the tube to release the concealer from holes in the top sponge. But rather than feeding evenly through the tube, the concealer comes in clumps after many cranks. Feel like I'm wasting a lot of product. Great price but hardly worth it if a lot of product is wasted.

on 7/20/2015 2:35:00 PM

The shade I got fit me perfectly, and the packaging doesn't leak or break easily, but the product itself does not work for me. It does little to actually conceal. I've tried applying it with the applicator, my finger, a brush, but it flakes terribly no matter what. Can't find a way to make it work.

on 6/16/2015 5:24:00 PM

Limited shades.. I got the lightest shade and it does not conceal at all. A shade darker is too dark for me. Consistency is too wet and just blends the product away. The product is quite oily so I don't think it suits people with oily skin.

on 5/31/2015 4:32:00 AM

Although this concealer was the one I found that matched my skin tone perfectly and it had very nice coverage, it made me develop horribly dry and acne prone skin on the areas I applied it too! It has only become a slippery slope as I have the urge to cover my acne with the concealer, which only makes the problem way worse! Also, the applicator is horrible (doe foot). I will not be repurchasing this

on 4/13/2015 1:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I really like this concealer, I've repurchased it a few times now over the years. It lasts all day, dries to a natural finish, and covers any imperfections nicely. It is full coverage so I like to buff it in with a brush. I generally have very clear skin so I feel like any spots will really stand out, so I need a good concealer to feel confident on off days. This one does everything I need!

I blame Paula's Choice for this purchase. I trust them and now will always second guess their reviews. This is just complete garbage. I have never had any makeup seek out the line under my eyes like it was its job quite like this product. It aged me 15 years. It's an under eye line guided missile. BOOM.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

This was another concealer mkss for me. I think it could function for other people, but just didn't fit the bill for me. The formula can be applied with the doe foot applicator, but I feel I though the formula is a bit runny once applied to the skin. I felt as though it dried quickly and was very drying. Settled into my fine lines and made alpeR older than what I am. Will not repurchase.