April 16, 2014 | 1405 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - The Rocket Volum' Express Waterproof

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2014 12:20:00 AM More reviews by pattishuffle

I absolutely love this mascara. It holds the curl of my eyelashes very well. It gives my eyelashes the right length and volume I want. I can stop with 1 coat and I'm all good. It doesn't smudge on me at all and it's easy to take off with a makeup remover.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/3/2014 9:26:00 AM More reviews by leavingthingsbehind

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have been exclusively using tubing mascaras due to my makeup smearing all over my under eye (perhaps the culprit could be the sunscreen I am putting very close to the eyes, which is greasy = melts the makeup) and after countless used tubes of Clinique's Lash Power, I was ready for a change. Plus my favourite French blogger Helene from Mon Blog de Fille was very enthusiastic about this mascara, so I thought I would give it a try.

Unfortunatley back to Lash Power it is - this Maybelline mascara is not my kind of thing at all. I had to put at least three layers to achieve the result that LP gives mer within one layer, it is not very lengthening and generally not what I like - my eyelashes were short, stumpy and not glossy looking. Plus I had to be super careful so that not to poke myself in the eye with this massive brush?!

The only thing I like in this product is the jolly, blue packaging. However it does not impact at all at the final result of the product on my eyelashes.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2014 2:33:00 PM More reviews by cloroxcowgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have been on the hunt to replace my beloved Full n Soft waterproof mascara since they discontinued the black-brown version a couple of years ago (why?!?!?). I had heard good things about the Rocket wp mascara so decided to give it a go. Unfortunately, this is another dud for me. First, I like the packaging. Very space age. And I like the plastic bristled brush also. But this is a very wet mascara, and I find it to be quite clumpy. It's one of those that I have to go back through with a comb to separate my lashes. I'm never totally happy with the end result, as it applies unevenly on me. Also, it seems to make my lashes fall out :( Not at an alarming rate (and I don't wear mascara everyday), but enough that it is an ongoing annoyance. And my eyelashes seem dried out after wearing it. Any mascara that does that is disqualified from my stash. The one positive thing I can say about the formula is that it seems decently waterproof. I am almost at the end of my tube but will be moving on to the next candidate when it is finished.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2014 10:59:00 PM More reviews by BohemianBeauty2

Usually I hate drugstore mascaras. But this one is really a winner. When I use it, my lashes are coated evenly. Relatively easy to take off as I dont use waterproof formulas. I did take one lippie off because by the time I needed to buy more, it was getting clumpy. Oh.., and the texture is soft, similar to department store mascaras.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2014 8:29:00 PM More reviews by andrealr12

I just LOVE this mascara, I had been looking for a mascara that really hold my curl when I applied it and this did!! Plus it really gives my lashes the volume and length I like. It reaaally is waterproof, has never smudged on me and there's even been times when I fall asleep with my mascara on and when I wake up it just looks as if nothing happened. This is just my HG mascara, I love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2014 10:28:00 PM More reviews by myan21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is one of my most repurchased products. First off, I really like the formula. The formula is not too wet and not too dry which can easily be built up without looking clumpy. I also like how this formula lives up to its waterproof name. It won't budget for my oily eye lids.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2014 9:24:00 AM More reviews by kwill89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

My whole makeup-wearing life I have always invested in designer brand mascaras as I have such short and thin eyelashes. One of my favourite bloggers on Youtube began using this mascara (not the waterproof version) and so I bought it out of curiosity for only $5 CND to try it out. I absolutely loved it, the brush is very firm but in a good way, and gave intense volume to my thin lashed and a satisfactory length. I bought the super black so it was very noticeable, I love it! I bought the waterproof version this time around to try it out, and it's a definite keeper and re-purchase for Spring-Summer. I'm so surprised with how much I love this, it's my favourite drugstore mascara…It's actually the only one that's worked for me as L'Oreal Telescopic Lengths had a lot of fall out and Collection 2000 mascaras dry it a lot, and Rimmel mascaras from my experience have been just awful. This one is my HG!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2014 2:56:00 PM More reviews by Karinpe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I like this mascara, just not on its own. I don't find it gripping my lashes so well, but when used over another mascara it's amazing! I usually use the L'Oreal voluminous WP underneath and then 2 coats of the rocket WP. That gives my short lashes loads of volume and length. As this is a WP formula it's a bit harder to remove, but it's definitely worth it since this mascara never ever smudges on me. Actually think this formula of WP is the best I've ever tried (and I've tried most), and therefore I can accept not getting along with it just on it's own. Will buy again for sure!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/1/2014 8:58:00 PM More reviews by Solfire

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Overall, an okay product. A plus was that it did not smudge. It lengthens well, but it didn't really add any volume (not like the Colossal). Removing it didn't cause much trouble (I used a makeup remover towelette and an eye makeup remover).

I won't be repurchasing because I need a a mascara that adds volume. If all you need/want is a lengthening mascara you may want to consider this product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2014 4:52:00 PM More reviews by LazyLittleLady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

The WP Rocket is definitely WP, which is great. No smudges or anything. I remove using oil and have no issues with it coming off at the end of the day. The brush is interesting and gets great length but it doesn't really do much for volume on my lashes. It is what I would call an everyday sort of mascara...not exactly "Rocket Volum'".Good in a pinch but not extraordinary. I've had better results with other mascaras, so I wouldn't repurchase. On the other hand, if you want a very WP drugstore mascara, this might be a good option.