July 29, 2014 | 1875 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - The Rocket Volum' Express Waterproof

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2014 8:26:00 AM More reviews by chipmunkxpantoufle

Oh goodness. This is HG! Holds a curl perfectly, separates lashes, lasts all day. Very va va voom!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2014 7:09:00 AM More reviews by 4121998

I Would highly recommend this mascara for girls that have stick straight lashes! Just invest in a good quality eyelash curler, I have the "mister mascara" one, SO much better than a cheap drugstore one. Eyelash curlers ensure maximum volume and will hold the curl when paired with this mascara. As for the mascara, it's the best I have come across yet. It holds my usually sometimes down turned eyelashes up and out for the WHOLE day im talking 7:00am to midnight, I one time fell asleep with this mascara still on and completely forgot and woke to thinking 'oh, this is not gonna look pretty' but i was gladly greeted with fabulous lashes with no smudging or those hideous specks that sometimes fall from some mascaras. This is amazing it gives length if coated once and then extra volume with two coats! Holds my eyelashes up for ever and makes my top lashes appear slightly smoky? It mightn't make sense but my eyes look like sexy smoky eyes or something, it's crazy! Haha anyways I love this, if your a straight lashes girl invest in a good curler and then this mascara and you'll love the outcome!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/18/2014 10:25:00 PM More reviews by MUAkiss

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

BACKGROUND: My lashes are average length, straight and points down but not very noticeable when curled. It is by no means thick or voluminous. It does not hold a curl with non waterproof mascaras, but holds a curl with pretty much every waterproof mascara I've tried.

LENGTH/VOLUME: i heard that it gives wonderful volume and length, but I was disappointed when this mascara didn't really do anything for my lashes. I tried layering it with another mascara and it doesn't do anything except making my lashes feeling heavy. It does not give length at all, and provides little to some volume. It feels a little heavy on my lashes even on its own (however you don't notice it after awhile throughout the day).

SEPARATION: The brush looks similar to the cover girl's volume mascara (in the orange tube). It gives good separation and does not clump that much.

Its an average mascara and despite oily skin, it has no to minimal smudging. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2014 9:50:00 PM More reviews by Kellybearxoxo

Great mascara, most important thing, it holds curl!! Of course, being water proof, it's a pain to remove but I don't mind because I love it so much I find that when it clumps it's usually due to how I've applied it rather than the mascara itself. HG!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2014 7:26:00 PM More reviews by habana

This is one of the mascaras I use in my rotation & currently my favorite. I was looking for a mascara to thicken my lashes & to my surprise this mascara gave me incredible volume with no clumps AND great length! It also holds a curl all day. Highly recommend this mascara for anyone with wimpy lashes. There will always be a tube of this in my makeup case.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2014 5:47:00 PM More reviews by allykhatt

This is literally my HG mascara! I have the hardest eyelashes to keep curled and just with a light coat of mascara after I curl it, it stays! My lashes look great, doesn't clump, I can coat it more to get a more volumized look and it's still fine! Best mascara yet! Honestly I still do try different mascara but I always end up coming back to this one! It's super waterproof too! Swimming and watching the fault in our stars, it kept on like nothing really impacted it! Once again great mascara love it love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2014 1:18:00 AM More reviews by SmartCookie1035

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Well, I've found my new go-to mascara for now. I'm one of those people who tends to have a million mascaras open at once, but I've finally got a winner, here. The Rocket Waterproof is by far the best drugstore mascara I've ever used.

I should start off by saying that my lashes are naturally thick and do react well to most mascaras. The Rocket Volum' Express Waterproof, however, makes my lashes look beyond good; it makes them look spectacular. This mascara not only locks in a curl, but adds both length and volume. My eyes look open and huge when I'm wearing this; for me, it's the next best thing to false lashes. I don't recommend adding more than two coats, however. The only time I experienced clumping with this product was when I added a third coat, but frankly, the third coat was overkill, anyway. Two coats makes your lashes look fantastic.

Would I buy this again? Unquestionably. Though I'll probably still continue to experiment with other mascaras, The Rocket Volum' Express Waterproof has become my staple mascara.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/1/2014 7:08:00 PM More reviews by miyuhanaa

I heard many wonders about this mascara and how it makes your lashes a lot fuller and adds more volume. I don't know if it's because of my hair type but this mascara did not do much to my lashes.

My hair is naturally straight and very thick so my eye lashes are probably like that. As soon as I put on this mascara after curling my lashes, the curl starts to flatten. it could be because the mascara formula is too thick/heavy for my lashes.
My lashes end up barely curled if I use more than one layer on my lashes. This mascara was not as clump free as I wanted it to be.

Overall, it is a descent mascara. When I get rid of the excess mascara on the brush with a tissue before putting it on, it doesn't clump my lashes together as much and adds length. If you have the same hair type as me, I would recommend not to use too many coats of this mascara and it will end up looking pretty good. It stays on all day and the curl in my lashes are till there but not as curled.

If I ran out of this mascara, I would not repurchase because it doesn't hold the curl in my lashes very well.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2014 8:07:00 PM More reviews by MeliMelzxo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Holy grail mascara! A MUST HAVE for me! This is the only mascara I have used since purchasing almost a year ago! I almost always receive compliments on my lashes when using this product! This mascara delivers exactly what it claims to. My lashes look so full, long and almost have the fake lash look which I love! Absolutely amazing, doesn't clump or flake off on me either, only complaint is that it can be hard to remove however, it's also a good thing because it stays on while swimming, in the heat, and even when I cry (ha lol) no smudging! I recommend this to everyone and have repurchased and will continue to do so!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/4/2014 12:57:00 AM More reviews by mellyru

*Girl with typically downward pointing, short, sparse, stubbornly short Asian lashes that tend to get pushed down with my small lids.*

A friend had recommended this mascara to me to try, however I was quite disappointed. While it offered some volume, it was not good to layer on coats. As soon as I applied, my thoroughly crimped curl dropped almost immediately. This makes me think that the formula is too wet and heavy for me.