Maybelline The Rocket Volum' Express Waterproof

3.7

on 5/22/2015 11:41:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

One of the best mascaras in the price range. My lashes tend to "sink down" and go straight after a while even if I curl them, but this mascara keeps them curled and flawless all day. It does everything it says really, it separates the lashes and creates massive volume. It stays put all day until I take it off with eye makeup remover, it won't budge even if I'm having a rough sweaty day or if it's raining outside. This is a mascara I would recommend to anyone, it's perfect for any occasion whether it's a regular day at school/work, a party, or even a zombie apocalypse. Wherever you are and whatever you're doing, you can definitely count on this one.

on 5/22/2015 12:11:00 AM

LOVE this mascara! It makes my lashes look so good and when i curl my eyelashes it holds the curl all day . The only thing I dislike is its a pain to get off because its waterproof

I love this mascara for my no-nonsense days. When I'm going to be working out or sweating, it doesn't give a falsie look but definitely holds its place and holds a curl. It does not lengthen very much but it does fan my eye lashes out nicely and another mascara can be layered on without it being clumpy. It lasts awhile as well, I find that it doesn't dry out quickly or smell rancid. It's dependable and consistent

on 2/15/2015 2:39:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

It's a great mascara formula, but I'm not a huge fan of the tiny plastic brush. Though, I tend to not like brush wands like that, anyway.

It is, however, a pain in the butt to take off, and a bit expensive for a drugstore mascara, but you can usually find coupons to buy it for a dollar off/ bogo 50% off.

In all, I was damn impressed with this mascara and would repurchase just for the fact that it holds a curl like no other mascara I've used!

on 1/13/2015 1:31:00 PM

Hands up for keeping my asian lashes curled all day! However, I always use an eyelash primer (Shiseido Nourshing Mascara Base) before I apply this mascara or else it will smudge. I love the big brush and it makes my lashes long, separated and curled, everything that I could ask for. LOVE LOVE!

on 1/12/2015 12:11:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Definitely holds a curl all day!! This is the best drugstore mascara I have used. My lashes are stick straight and after curling them and using this, they are wonderful!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Gives my lashes length and thickness! Holds my curl, definitely LOVE this mascara!!

on 1/1/2015 6:20:00 PM

A fairly decent mascara that does the job but not without its flaws.

Very black and lasts long without flaking under the eyes. However, removal is a bit of pain: I use cold cream to remove eye makeup and feel like this stuff is exceptionally hard to remove (compared to other waterproof mascaras), causing me to rub my eyes a lot. The brush has too short of bristles and a flattened tip that likes to collect excess product. This clumped on the ends of my lashes but also made the base fuller and more voluminous. The short bristles also do not provide a lot of separation, so I always have to use a lash comb after.

Overall, I feel like this has above-average lasting power and holds a curl well, but the way the brush is designed to collect a minimal amount of product makes application lengthy and annoying.

on 12/1/2014 4:05:00 PM

This is a good mascara. I find that it works better for me after it has dried out a little bit because the formula is pretty wet and hard to apply. I personally don't think it's as good as everybody says it is, if I'm not super careful it clumps my lashes together. One time I applied two coats and my eyelashes were so clumpy I had to go through the process of completely removing the mascara and re-doing it. Luckily I wasn't on a time crunch otherwise I'd be walking around looking like I had a total of three eyelashes. The blackest black is very dark which is a plus for me. And the waterproof formula is definitely waterproof...so hard to get off. It's super hard to get my lashes to hold a curl and a lot of the time this doesn't hold the curl, and my lashes just kind of stick up weirdly. I've purchased this twice but I don't think I'll buy it again. Maybe if your looking for a lengthening mascara then you'd like this, but I need something to make my lashes more voluminous.

on 11/30/2014 3:52:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is a mediocre mascara. I definitely prefer this waterproof version to the regular, I think the regular is pretty horrible but the waterproof version does the job for a drugstore mascara. I've had 2 bottles of this, and after my 2nd bottle I would not consider repurchasing.
The formula is quite wet at first but is very easy to build up with a few coats of this. The Boots' website instructions for use say to not let it dry between coats. I don't agree with this. I usually wait till it's just about set before drying Maybe this is why it's not working as perfectly as it should for me but this is just much simpler for me to do. It lasts for a pretty long time, and is definitely very waterproof, which is probably one of my favourite aspects of the product. I always prime my lashes first with Estee Lauder's Lash Primer Plus first. However I do not believe that it has 8x more volume as claimed. Yes, it gives good volume to my lashes but I'd say it gives me 3x more volume at best. It's got a nice true black colour which is good too.
The packaging is okay, I do like the colour and the shape, and the pale blue writing on it is much nicer than the pink on the regular. It's easy enough to carry around with you just as a top up to apply throughout the day.
The brush could do with having slightly longer bristles, but the overall shape is nice and the handle is easy to use and apply.
I do find that you have to be pretty careful when applying this to not make it look too clumpy as it has the effect of doing this, but as long as you apply it carefully and brush out any clumps you may get you do get a nicely voluminous look.
Eh, not the best mascara, but also far from the worst. I'd probably recommend this to someone who is just starting out with makeup as it is easy to use. Doesn't live up to it's claims but has got a nice long lasting stay.

Popular Mascaras