Maybelline The Rocket Volum' Express Waterproof

3.7

on 8/23/2015 10:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have had this for a month or so , and feel like I can give it a thorough review now. I liked it at first, but then the honeymoon ended and reality set in. Yes, it does give length and volume, price and packaging are fine, but there are too many negatives for me to continue using it. It clumps up if not carefully applied, flakes after a few hours, and is a total pain to remove, like to the point that I feel like I will have no eyelashes left if I keep using it. I have used vaseline as my eye makeup remover for 30 years, and have never had any issue removing any other mascara, until now. This stuff is like industrial cement. Black industrial cement. It just won't move. It is not like any other waterproof mascara I have ever used. It is going in the trash before I have completely bald eyelids.

on 8/20/2015 1:55:00 PM

Good mascara if you are looking for something natural. Personally i am not found of plastic wands so I wasn't a huge fan of this. Overall, I wasn't very impressed with this. I was looking for something comparable to maybelline falsies which I love! Honestly, I know this is a lot of peoples favorite HG mascara but if I were to go back in time I would skip this one and repurchase the falsies or get the loreal voluminous original. It really depends on what type of wand you like. Also, I found this started to smell wonky after two or three weeks (not sure if I got a bad one or not?). If you are looking for something waterproof this is a good one, but after finishing my old one I will not be repurchasing.

on 8/20/2015 1:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is the mascara I always go back to. I have thin, straight, Asian lashes that I have to use waterproof mascara on to keep a curl. Even though the brush is huge, it's not messy applying mascara. It lengthens, volumizes and keeps the curl. It also adds a lot to the base of lashes, that you don't need eyeliner. I also find that the longer you keep this mascara, the better it seems to get. I think as the formula dries out, it gets better.

on 8/19/2015 4:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Flaky after about five hours and very hard to remove. Waterproof in that water will not remove it, but when my eyes water, my lashes clump together. I bought this without comparing it to any others because I needed some mascara asap. Okay for evening application, not morning. Probably going back to my regular mascara when it is gone.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

I found that this mascara didn't give my eyes much volume despite its claims. It did give my lashes definition and separation, and it was quick to apply. Adorable packaging. I'm usually not one for rubber mascara brushes, but I found the shape and the small bristles help define my lashes quickly with no fuss. A nightmare to remove, but that shows how good it is at being a waterproof mascara!

PROS:
-separated and defined lashes
-quick application
-good brush
-very waterproof

CONS:
-not much volume
-difficult to remove

on 8/14/2015 4:13:00 PM

This mascara can be found at almost any CVS or Walgreens and it's one of my fave to use daily! It's matte black and really adds length to your lashes without leaving them clumpy and heavy. It also came off really easy with my makeup remover.

on 8/14/2015 3:51:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Not a huge fan of this. I have short, pretty straight Asian lashes and I can always get away with not curling my lashes (at least, I can with the Maybelline Lash Sensational, which is much better) but this mascara just doesn't give me any curl. The volume factor isn't so great either--it makes my lashes stick together, giving the impression that I have about 5 eyelashes on each eye. It gives a good amount of length, but because of the lack of curl and clumping, it just makes it look like I've got crazy spider lashes--and not in a good way. It's also incredibly difficult to remove. I can usually remove waterproof mascara with a makeup-removing face wash or a little micellar water, but with this mascara, I have to use both. Multiple times. It is, however, incredibly waterproof, and I really like Maybelline as a brand. Unfortunately, this mascara just didn't work for me.

on 8/7/2015 1:31:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

I really like it because it gives me both length and volume which is what most people need in a mascara. The length and volume isn't overly dramatic too. It didn't get 5 stars for me because the brush can be hard to work with at first. It is also a little bit hard to get the small lashes in the inner corner of my eye, since the brush is pretty large. After getting use to the large brush it works really well for my top and bottom lashes! The wear is really great too and lasts through swimming (In a pool) without flaking or smearing. I don't really recommend wearing this mascara or any mascara at all whilst in the ocean because the salt just washes it off. I love the consistency as well, since it is more wet which I think is great for building more coats and layers. :)))

on 8/5/2015 11:13:00 AM

I have this waterproof mascara. It's awful. I hate it because it's so hard to remove!! And some eyelashes come off with it. Besides that, I don't really like its texture on my lashes. It usually looks clumpy and stiff.
The only thing good about it is that it really works as waterproof. It stays on and doesn't smudge when in contact with water.

on 8/3/2015 3:57:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Tbh I put the non waterproof one and didn't like it. This one, is amazing!! Holds a curl so well and doesn't smudge or budge! I was in 103 degree weather with it on swimming, tanning, basically everything getting my face wet and it didn't come off at all! I even fell asleep with it on and looked like I just applied mascara! Love this stuff!