November 26, 2014 | 1948 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - The Rocket Volum' Express Waterproof

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2014 3:47:00 PM More reviews by neonsparks101

I absolutely LOVE this mascara! The only con is that when you first start using it the formula is very wet, but after more times you apply the mascara it becomes fine. I make this a duo where I first apply this mascara and top it off with the amazing Maybelline cat eyes waterproof mascara. The rocket mascara gives me lots of volume and length, and the cat eyes mascara gives a great curl to the lashes. I LOVE THIS SO MUCH go buy it if your looking for a great volumizing mascara!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/20/2014 8:13:00 AM More reviews by TiffanyChic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff... This stuff is terrible! I always look for new mascara. I never buy more than one tube at a time because I don't want it to get old before I use it. I wanted to try this when it was new but never did. I grabbed it on a quick run to CVS to replace my old Revlon Lash Potion (which I love.) This, however, is awful stuff. There no volume, just a thick black gunk on my lashes. I hate it. And it's a pain to get off. The bristles are too short and stiff to do anything. 6xs the volume. I say false claim. I've nearly gave up on Maybelline anyway. I'm going back to my lash potion asap.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/19/2014 4:12:00 PM More reviews by glittergatkes

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Ugh, this Rocket needs to blast off and never come back. It has none of the volume-boosting qualities of the non-waterproof Rocket - and also none of its easy-on, easy-off qualities, either. It paints on inconsistently...more on some lashes, less on others. It flakes, BUT doesn't wash all the way off no matter what I use. If you love looking like a raccoon or cartoon bank robber or masquerade ball patron, then you will love the waterproof Rocket. I however am banishing it from my orbit for good.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2014 1:30:00 PM More reviews by iest

I love this mascara.
My eyelashes can't seem to hold a curl for the life of me. It doesn't matter what I do, (trust me, I have tried just about every mascara and eyelash curler, high end and drugstore) my eyelashes will not hold a curl with any mascara other than this one.

When you first open a new bottle, the mascara is a little bit too wet, but once the mascara dries out a bit (after about your 3rd-4th use) it's like magic! The way your lashes look when you finish applying your mascara is exactly how they'll look when you go to take off your mascara a thousand hours later!

It also coats beautifully.
The only thing stopping me from giving it 5 lippies is that it's a little bit difficult to remove, especially since I use quite a bit.

What I do is, I get in the shower, and let the warm water hit my face and go all over my lashes, then I take Makeup Forever's Sens'Eyes cleanser and coat my lashes (and only my lashes) by putting some cleanser on my fingers, and blinking the product on generously. I shampoo my hair, condition, shave all that fun stuff, and then at the end of my shower, I rinse my lashes off and all the mascara is gone! Once I get out of the shower, I use a makeup wipe to remove the residue from the Makeup Forever cleanser, but that's besides the point.

I always get soooo many comments/compliments on my lashes! I definitely recommend this mascara if you have extremely stubborn lashes like mine.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2014 2:37:00 AM More reviews by TurtleMoon

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I have a bit of a bad history with Maybelline mascaras, which is why I was reluctant to give this a go at first despite the rave reviews it seems to have received just about everywhere. I waited until I was in the States to purchase this as I knew I could get it cheaper than in the UK, so that way if I didn't like it I wouldn't feel bad that I spent loads on it.

Although not as bad as Maybelline's original Great Lash mascara - which left my eyes in a terrible state and had me running to the bathroom to remove it AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE - this still wasn't great. Unlike other reviewers here, it wasn't the brush size that bothered me so much as the actual formula of the mascara, which I found was way too wet. Whilst using this I've had a high number of occasions where it's transferred to my under eye area and/or my brow bone simply because I made the mistake of blinking too soon. Which in my opinion is just plain ridiculous when you consider that mascara is probably the last thing you apply before going about your regular business. And I personally don't have time to stand there and wait for the stuff to dry!

The other issue I've had with this is just how clumpy it can get if you apply too many layers. I'm not someone who applies numerous coats of mascara - my limit is 2-3 depending on the formula - but even after the second coat this struggles to separate my lashes and instead leaves me with the classic 'spider leg' look. I then have to spend another couple of minutes using a cotton bud to try and carefully undo the bad that's been done, which isn't ideal when you're pushed for time.

I'm still using this but once it's done I won't be getting another one. I think I paid about $5.99 for this which equates to around 3.60 and for that amount of money I KNOW I can get a much better mascara!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2014 11:06:00 AM More reviews by GirlAtHome

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This is by far my favourite drug-store waterproof mascara. It stays all day, has minimal flaking, and it really does a good job of leaving my lashes thick and long. I'm thinking of picking up the non-water proof type, just because of how amazing it is.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2014 6:03:00 PM More reviews by emeraldgreenmascara

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Best. Mascara. Ever!

+ Doesn't flake off like its non-WP sister does
+ gives good volume, especially with multiple coats
+ holds curl
- a little hard to remove. Def requires a good WP makeup remover

rated 4 of 5 on 10/31/2014 5:31:00 PM More reviews by vickie34

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Great Mascara
I have oily eyelids so I'm really glad this mascara hold my curl and don't smudge
the downside is its really hard to get off
the brush is very big and it kind hurts my lashes when i brush it...becuz it is big it gives volume as well as some length but its hard to use this brush to work with my lower lashed

rated 1 of 5 on 10/27/2014 5:42:00 AM More reviews by susanoz

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

Even a mediocre formula can be utilized with the added component of a steller applicator. Sadly the applicator and overall packaging of this product renders it far below par and closer to useless. The brush bristles are too short to "comb" the product onto lashes and adding to the demise is the fact that the bulky overtly fat brush handle--awkward as a stand alone feature by itself-- is made of plastic that is so intensely polished and slippery in the hand, enabling below minimal control by the user. A mascara applicator should fit the hand/fingers enabling the grip of the the user to "roll" the product onto the lashes by turning the applicator in a spiral motion upward as "combed" through the lashes. A surefire test of proof is to take the applicator and roll it by turning/spiraling the product onto the back of the hand; if there is an ample and evenly distributed amount of product visible, one can be assured of duplication on the lashes. Sadly, when administering this test, nearly NO product was transferred onto the hand despite adequate pressure applied. Collectively, this product's packaging gives the impression there were NO quality assurrance indicators or testing in design, prior to marketing and distribution. A total waste of time, effort and money for an inferior product.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/25/2014 9:25:00 PM More reviews by Missyboo123

Okay so I have seen so many beauty bloggers rave about this product and how great it works. I was really persuaded into purchasing this product because many people say that this is one of very few mascaras that hold a curl. My lashes being super long and thick they never hold curls. So when I first purchased this product I was extremely excited to use it. I finally used it and it didn't hold my curls. So I decided Id try it again. This time I used a different curling technique and I am very happy to say that it hold a curl perfectly and beautifully. I love this and it is my official HG mascara. I recommend this to everyone and anyone!