September 23, 2014 | 1473 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - The Rocket Volum' Express Waterproof

rated 2 of 5 on 9/13/2014 9:29:00 PM More reviews by rowanj13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This product has so many great reviews that I'm almost ashamed to say that I don't really like it. I've been using it for a few weeks now, and I will use up this tube, but I won't repurchase.

I think the problem in my case is the brush. It's too big for my small eye area so I end up getting mascara all over my eyelids. I'm certainly not new to mascara and I've tried many different brands and formulas over the years, and this isn't a problem I usually have. If the brush isn't the problem, I really don't know what is. Whenever I have a mascara oopsie, I generally just let it dry then wipe it off with a dry Q-Tip and go about my business. That doesn't work with this mascara. Once its on my lid, it doesn't budge unless I use eye makeup remover (which for me is coconut oil) and risk ruining my shadow and liner. Since this happens quite regularly, it's pretty annoying. I have to remind myself not to touch the brush right to the roots of my lashes if I don't want to make a mess.

Application issues aside, I guess the product is ok. It doesn't do anything for me that other mascaras can't do without the hassle. Can't win 'em all, I guess.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2014 8:24:00 AM More reviews by AnaPana

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

I really like this mascara. I bought this after finally ditching my L'oreal HIP mascara. Frankly, i was tired of the smudging since i tend to have oily lids after a few hours.

First off, this has quite a dry formula. In comparison, the Maybelline The Falsies Flared waterproof version has a wetter formula. What does this mean? It means that you have less time to brush through your lashes before they start drying, so for some of you who like leisurely applying six-eight coats, you probably will not enjoy it off the bat. Once you realize this, it's easier to work around it.

Now, i have naturally long and somewhat thick lashes. Because the wand brush is so big, it does a great job of extending my lashes for a great wide-eyed look. The brush also has many little spikes and they grab each little hair and make each one stand out, which makes it similar to the One-by-One. Now, i'm not sure, but i think people with shorter lashes might have problems with this, since a smaller brush wand might be easier for them to work with. Regardless, on me it works incredibly well. I get about two-three coats in before i notice it starts drying and minimal flaking starts, so i avoid going overboard with the coating.

Now, as for the finished result, waterproof this rocket mascara most definitely is! It dries rather fast and hard, so if you have oily lids or are going somewhere where you think smudging might be inevitable, this mascara can definitely be a good option, as it holds incredibly well. As for removal, make sure you use a good waterproof eye-makeup remover. I use CVS's brand. You CANNOT remove this with regular remover or water and soap. At least definitely not easily. Avoid the torture.

In the end, i'd definitely buy this again as it does suit my lashes quite well.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2014 12:29:00 AM More reviews by BrizzyB

I'm on my 6th tube, so I like it a lot. I make sure to firs I'm on my 6th tube, so I like it a lot. I make sure to first curl my lashes then I apply two coats and I'm set for the day. Waterproof mascara is the only thing that will keep my lashes curl, if I don't use waterproof my lashes will go down, so love this.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2014 2:02:00 PM More reviews by bleed18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Really withstand too much water, not leaving anything ...
I wear the sea and tratise without either run or break ...
The bad thing is that it is very hard to lashes and very difficult to removed with cleansing...

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2014 8:51:00 AM More reviews by mauveboudoir

I like the wand of this mascara - for me it's just so much easier to work with than the fibre brushes. Above all I like the fact that I did not get panda eyes or even little flakes with this and I wore it from 5:30 am to 6:30 pm (I live in a humid country). I did use only one coat from work but it was easy to take off. I use either the This Works Clear Skin 5-in-1 Water or the Olay Aquaction toner - pumped into a cotton pad and pressed against the eye for 5 seconds. I did have to wipe a bit but not eyelash-tugging. This is my favorite everyday mascara :)

rated 3 of 5 on 7/30/2014 3:11:00 PM More reviews by glamourouslove

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

The quality of the mascara itself is fine but the wand really irritates my upper lash line when I apply. The plastic bristles on the wand is so spiky (very short and hard), it is difficult to apply mascara from the base of the lashes. This also makes my eyes get watery as it pokes the lash line often. It is definitely better than Hypercurl though. Overall, the product has a thick consistency that really makes lashes look thicker, so if volume is what you want at a drugstore price, go for this (or the Falsies).

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2014 2:46:00 PM More reviews by chixxle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Pretty good mascara I use it on top of my regular mascara just to water proof it. It is also good to separate the lashes and make them look darker/thicker. I'm going to keep buying this product because I like the brush, the price is decent and its easy to find.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/30/2014 5:26:00 AM More reviews by LauraSaysStamp

I heard so many good things about this mascara so I decided to give it a shot. I've been trying this mascara for a week now and I must say I am not satisfied. :(

As soon as I began to apply the mascara, I noticed that my lashes started to clump together even though I *always* apply thin layers. Once I finished applying the mascara I did notice that it gave super black lashes, so that's good. However, removing this mascara was not easy. I used a waterproof make up remover from Nivea (I used it in the past and it works great. My eyes never burned or something.) and it took me about 5 minutes to get the mascara off. After I did that, my eyes started to burn really hard and my eyes started to tear.

I wouldn't recommend this mascara to anyone who has sensitive eyes like me. I am going back to the waterproof mascara from La Roche Posay. This one is like a dream mascara. Doesn't burn, gives long and curly lashes, SUPER waterproof (I can go swimming with this one) and the curls last for the whole day.

The reason why I am giving this 2 points is because it gives very black lashes and it is very waterproof. The downsides? Lashes clump together and the curls don't last. Oh, and it's really difficult to remove the mascara and it burns in my eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2014 8:26:00 AM More reviews by chipmunkxpantoufle

Oh goodness. This is HG! Holds a curl perfectly, separates lashes, lasts all day. Very va va voom!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2014 7:09:00 AM More reviews by 4121998

I Would highly recommend this mascara for girls that have stick straight lashes! Just invest in a good quality eyelash curler, I have the "mister mascara" one, SO much better than a cheap drugstore one. Eyelash curlers ensure maximum volume and will hold the curl when paired with this mascara. As for the mascara, it's the best I have come across yet. It holds my usually sometimes down turned eyelashes up and out for the WHOLE day im talking 7:00am to midnight, I one time fell asleep with this mascara still on and completely forgot and woke to thinking 'oh, this is not gonna look pretty' but i was gladly greeted with fabulous lashes with no smudging or those hideous specks that sometimes fall from some mascaras. This is amazing it gives length if coated once and then extra volume with two coats! Holds my eyelashes up for ever and makes my top lashes appear slightly smoky? It mightn't make sense but my eyes look like sexy smoky eyes or something, it's crazy! Haha anyways I love this, if your a straight lashes girl invest in a good curler and then this mascara and you'll love the outcome!