April 20, 2014 | 1495 users online

Lip Gloss - Philosophy - Kiss Me Color

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2013 12:33:00 AM More reviews by kirito

I got this in a little gift set from a relative. I absolutely hate the smell of this. I thought it would have a fruity scent since mine is in berry, but it smells like a vanilla cake. To most people, vanilla is a nice smell, but vanilla is the most disgusting scent to me, so wearing this lip gloss is absolute torture. It's really sticky as well, which is expected from any lip gloss I guess, but I've tried much cheaper glosses that aren't as sticky. There isn't even color to this, so any clear gloss would do the same thing and not smell awful. Unfortunately, I'm stuck with two of these, so I'm going to force myself to use them up. I would never buy this gloss though. It's apparently $10, which is a lot to me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2013 6:10:00 PM More reviews by kikidoll27

I was in Ulta the other day because I basically live there, and was casually trolling the little bargain section near the checkout. There was a slew of Philosophy glosses in a clear container off to the side, so I dug through until I came across this one, which caught my eye because it said Kiss Me COLOR, and the color of it looked sheer enough to be wearable every single say over virtually any lippie, but looked like it would have slight pigmentation so I could wear it alone. It was ten dollars, which is a bit pricey since five more could get me a mac gloss, but I really did want this and my local Ulta doesn't have mac (although they're getting one soon- yay!). It comes in a slim and slightly long squeeze tube that's made of sheer plastic with a black cap. The text on the tube is black. This gloss has a nice texture to it. Sticky but not overly so, it lasts for about three house without reapplying. The taste/scent is exactly like the Mentha lip shine in Mentha, but C.O. Bigelow. They would be exact dupes except this one has color while the other is sheer. I prefer this one to the Mentha one because this doesn't drip...it's a thicker, less runny consistency, which I prefer. Now, on my lips, it makes then look slightly more coral and adds gorgeous shine. It also gives a slightly plumped effect. I really love this lipgloss, and would probably repurchase. I just purchase so many lip products that it's hard to keep track of what to buy again, but I'm pretty sure this one is a re-buy. If you haven't already, definitly look into this, especially if you already like the other Philosophy glosses. This comes in three shades (that I know of): Coral, Pink, and Berry. I have Pink, and might purchase Coral. Pink is a sheer, soft pink. Coral looks like a sheer coral with more pink than orange, and berry looks like a dark brick red with a hint of pink.