October 1, 2014 | 1150 users online

Liquid - Bourjois - Radiance Reveal Healthy Mix Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2014 10:48:00 AM More reviews by skygazer

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My skin type: warm, nc25-30, combination-oily, sensitive, acne-prone

Shade: I alternate between 53 and 54, but really, the shades are very forgiving for this foundation, you could go one shade lighter / darker and it will still look very natural! (I don't say this for most foundations) I do wish they have a better shade selection for darker-skinned friends though..

Finish: I LOVE how great this looks on my skin! It looks very natural, glowy but NOT oily. Doesn't feel heavy on the skin. Doesn't settle into pores or emphasize them!

Lasting power: On me, this gets shiny and starts fading by 8 hours, which is decent but not fantastic. Powder helps to mattify but does not prevent fading.

Coverage and application: Medium-buildable, a little goes a long way. I use it very sparingly for my whole face, applying with my trusted sigma F82 brush, which allows me to use less product than with fingers. On bad skin days, I also use this as spot concealer on top of my blemishes and it covers quite well.

Packaging: Could be better. Yes, it comes in a pump bottle (which is ALWAYS preferable to an open cap bottle!) But the pump tends to leak, which is a pain to me. Still tolerable though, considering the price and the quality product!

Scent: I generally dislike scents in my makeup as it's not good for the skin, but this smells heavenly (like berries) and hasn't broken me out.

Conclusion: I have tried both drugstore and higher end foundations alike, and kept coming back to this one. To list a few: Makeup Forever's HD (insufficient coverage), Mat Velvet (emphasizes pores), MAC Face and Body (too dewy, sheer), Estee Lauder Double Wear light (too tacky!), Revlon Colorstay (tacky and feels too heavy on skin), Kanebo Kate Powderless Liquid (too powdery and looks unnatural).

I am a foundation snob, so the fact that this looks better on than the more expensive options came as a total surprise, and is the reason why it gets 5 full lippies from me!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2014 5:52:00 PM More reviews by oliviabiba

I was really pleasantly surprised by this foundation. I bought it online thinking it was its sibling foundation, the serum one, and when I received it was kind of disappointed as I thought that it wouldn't look good or work for my combination to oily skin. Thank goodness I was wrong!

This has more of a creamy consistency, which I usually don't like that much (I favor the ones more on the liquid side), but applies nicely. At first, when applying, it doesn't seem like it will be much, but after letting it ser for about a minute it looks amazing! It really gives the impression of healthy, beautiful, glowy (not shiny!!!) skin. I would like to emphasize that glowy-not-shiny part: it just seems luminous like it comes from within. During the warmer days I do get oily (I don't believe there's any product that can prevent that AND be healthy for your skin), but nothing over the top. I think it lasts for about 8 to 10 hours looking good in warmer days, after that it starts to wear off.

I would like to try the serum version as I believe it would be more appropriate for my skin and climate conditions, but still, this is a very good foundation.

As for coverage, in my opinion it gives a medium to full coverage. It didn't hide my current blemishes completely, but it left my skin almost flawless.

I'm an NC25/30 in MAC and got the shade 53 Light beige, but that's a tiny tiny little bit too dark for me. i can use it alright though.

PS: there's one tiny flaw I see in this product, and that is when looking closely, you can see some sort of pigments, as if the color was not completely blended into the cream/liquid. Like powder that hasn't dissolved completely. I can it see because I look closely, but it's not really noticeable to others. There's room for improvement though! ;)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2014 5:57:00 AM More reviews by mercurywen

Surprisingly good.

I have read all the good reviews about this foundation, and Boots is currently doing a 3for2 offer, so grab three little things from Bourjois (radiance reveal healthy mix, health mix serum gel, and a tan/highlighter), which all do not disappoint me.

The serum version and radiance reveal are definitely different. What I expected from them was a better coverage from radiance reveal, and a 'glow look' from the serum version. I would say so far I prefer the serum version. I have always use high end brand foundation, Guerlain, Shiseido, Armani, YSL, etc, I wouldn't say this serum foundation is better, but definitely not worse. It is a bit unfair to compare Bourjois foundation to the high end brands, however, this is what I am going to do here...I have used YSL liberator foundation, which indeed left a more amazing glow on the face, but that effect only lasted for one or two hours. However, with this bourjois serum foundation, at least it didn't go dull after 5-6 hours. It leaves a more nature and smoother texture on the face, and the skin looks healthy compared to the radiance reveal foundation.

Regarding to the coverage, the radiance reveal one offers a more full coverage than the serum one. However, the serum one comes with a median coverage which is really good enough for me (I have problem skin with acne scars etc); and the radiance reveal version is actually too much, I even use it as a concealer for my undereye dark circles and places on my face where I need better coverage....I used to use Guerlain invisible before these two foundation, I would say Guerlain invisible is really invisible, if the serum foundation claims itself with 'only little coverage'... If you use the radiance reveal all over the face, do remember do not put on too much.

The only thing is, you have to do a good moisturizing job before putting on any of these two foundation. The serum version is more moisturizing than the radiance reveal one, however, they could become cakey if the skin is not in a good condition.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2014 3:52:00 AM More reviews by Laura_J

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I always hated liquid foundation and the way it felt on my skin so I switched to mineral makeup and wore that for years. Then recently I saw somone on YouTube recommend the Bourjois foundation and I loved the way it looked when she applied it so I thought I would give it a try. I ordered it online from Overstock for $13 which I think is a fair price. I put the foundation on with the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush and it just went on smoothly over my skin. It didn't settle into fine lines, did not feel heavy whatsoever and was a perfect match (light vanilla). It also covered really well. It did not oxidize like so many others do. I didn't notice any smell like other foundations have. My skin is very sensitive/oily and it did not irritate or break me out. I was able to go about 5 hours before I had to blot my t-zone and even then it was only a little bit. I left the foundation on a total of 9 hours and it proved to be a good lasting foundation. I love everything about it and as much as I love mineral makeup I will be wearing the Bourjois foundation from now on because I love that even more.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2014 4:34:00 PM More reviews by alliebeaar

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

had it in shade 51, I loved it. lasted a long time..great coverage for acne scars/blemishes. a little more pricey for drug store foundations, but if I could afford to buy it all the time, I would.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2014 1:58:00 PM More reviews by Sump

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

Love this foundation. It was my favourite before I discovered Maybelline Fit Me. I use the colour 51 light vanilla, but I do think it's bit too yellow for me. Still can work with it, but that's the reason I've switched to Maybelline Fit Me. I still use Bourjois Healthy Mix on days my skin is drier and/or has obvious dry patches. This foundation doesn't care about obvious dry patches. It will glide right over them.

I'd say it's a perfect foundation for people with dry skin and it's also great for people with normal skin. The foundation gives your skin a dewy finish and because of that I'm not sure whether people with oily skin wil love it as much, but you'll have to see for yourself. It gave me full coverage, but I have very few blemishes so I find it hard to tell if a foundation is medium or full coverage.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2014 8:13:00 AM More reviews by genevievemason

Bought this foundation yesterday finally after wanting to buy it for ages but I've never had the discipline to part with the money or risk possibly buying a foundation that for whatever reason I wasn't happy with. In Australia the full price is $32 but I was lucky enough to get it on sale at Priceline for $24.

I can happily say I am thoroughly impressed and happy with this foundation! I used to have oily skin, but I am currently on acne medication which dries out my skin and so I have been eager to try some more 'dewy' foundations. For a while now Arbonne Foundation in soft blush has been my holy grail foundation as I find most foundations are never the right shade but this one is just perfect. This foundation (healthy mix) is a great doupe for this, possibly a little bit less matte but honestly extremely similar. The smell of it is really nice too. I did find I had to use a little more on my face but that was probably because i have a couple of break outs on my face atm. My shade is 52 - Vanilla.

Would definitely recommend trying this foundation out. For someone that is EXTREMELY unblessed with foundations this one was great and really reasonably priced for the quality.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2014 10:45:00 PM More reviews by handfulofgoo

I have dry skin with yellow undertones and the color beige Clair worked so perfectly for me. This foundation is a must have for me in the winter and I won't use anything but! For summer it's a little bit too slippery on my face. However, I do love love love this foundation. This scent is so nice, the coverage is build able and it leaves me looking Dewey and healthy. Anytime I wear this I get compliments on my skin saying I look radiant! I got it off Asos for 13 bucks and I'd pay double for it, thank you Bourjois!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2014 5:03:00 PM More reviews by IAMSHERLOCKED

I'm glad I found a DS foundation that actually matches my pale skin, which is surprisingly uncommon. I LOVE that this comes in a bottle with a pump because you can control how much you use and it's sanitary. The finish is kinda satin, and it's medium coverage for me. I have oily skin and this doesn't slide right off like a lot of DS foundations do, so thumbs up.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2014 4:10:00 PM More reviews by livlaeboorg

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is literally my HG! I've been searching for the perfect foundation in a looong time, and it has been diffucult to find a perfect macth, but now i found it! Normally I only use high end products when it comes to foundation, but I decided to try this, and I'm absolutley in love. The product is amazing on my dry skin, and it's sooo cheap. I think it would be too dewy to oily skin, but i think normal to dry skin would love this one.

It blends in perfectley with my skin, and it doesn't even look like I'm wearing foundation, even though it can be build up to a full coverage. It stays on the whole day, and doesn't smugde or goes into fine lines or dry patches. It is healthy flawless skin a bottle! This is a water based foundation, so either hands or brushes would be the best way to apply this foundation.

Give it a try!