February 28, 2015 | 1287 users online

Crème - Revlon - New Complexion One-Step Compact Makeup

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 2/24/2015 4:52:00 PM More reviews by Grey3

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this for those 5 minute makeup days when I'm in a rush and just need minimal makeup, and for that its fairly good.
It feels very slick to the touch and goes on smoothly and is easy to blend out. I used the sponge it came with which seemed OK but not the best quality. I am not sure if using a brush would move the product around too much and make it patchy as the consistancy feels sort of oily and thin.
It does cover redness fairly well, but needs 2 coats on those areas.
I deffinately needed a powder to set this as it felt like it would just wipe off with the most minimal of touches otherwise.
It didn't look cakey, and it felt light on my skin. I used Rimmel Stay Matte powder, so it wasn't too oily on my t-zone.
The biggest downside for me was that it oxidised after a while, and made me look a bit orange, but a slightly lighter powder fixed that problem.
It didn't have super staying power, but deffinately good enough for running around town and doing the shopping etc.
I wouldn't wear this on a full-face makeup day when I need flawless long wearing makeup, and I wont repurchase it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2015 5:16:00 PM More reviews by corrette

This foundation is absolutely STUNNING!!. I have combination skin, and this is not the kind of formula that usually works the best for me. But even with it, I simply love the cream-to.powder foundations. They are very use to use, no mess pouring product on the hand first and so on...
I decided to give this a try after reading the so good review Paula Begoun wrote about it, and because it is oil free.
Thanks God I did it, 'cause I can't stop loving it. As I wrote, I like this kind of product, and I have tried very high end brands cream to powder foundations. Stuff from Chanel (the worst one!!!), Shiseido, or Dior. Some of them works more or less good, others were very bad... but none of them performed on my skin really well. That means: very oily t-zone after a couple of hours, transfer on the clothes or on the cell phone, break outs...
But this one performs soooo well, I simply can't believe it. The texture is extremely light, in fact I pick up the product with a brush but dabbing on to the compact, otherwise it takes a LOT of product.
It feels like nothing on my skin, improves the texture of my skin quite a lot, it moisturizes but without a heavy feeling and on top of that a very effective 15 SPF.
After 3 or 4 hours shine appears a bit, but if I apply powder on my t-zone prior to the foundation, my skin stays matte much, much longer.
It's amazing to see that a drugstore product can be way better than the high end ones... I definitely will repurchase it!!.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/26/2014 1:32:00 PM More reviews by asunta

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

The packaging looks different than the one shown here. The lid is clear. The day I purchased this I used a heavy hand and it looked ghostly! I then tried a damp sponge with less cream and the results were very nice. I like the natural and even coverage. However this can lie on top of the skin and emphasize all those lines you try so hard to hide! I use a tissue and press on my skin to minimize the shine and transfer of the cream.And the finish is a bit shiny for me so I also use a powder on top. However I do notice I break out alot from using this. I used to wear the colorstay foundation until they changed the formula so I know how to properly remove makeup with an oil cleanse first. This gets right into your pores and makes me get big pimples that are under the skin. Gross sorry. So as much as I love the nice finish I will not repurchase. Into the trash

ok so I recently decided to try this again with a very light hand a lots of sweeping and I have to say, I love this! Lovely finish especially for the drier months

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2014 6:41:00 PM More reviews by indialpc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Super surprised by how much I'm loving this product. It matches my skin perfectly and doesn't oxidize to orange. Normally drugstore foundations don't work out at all, but this ones great. Covers up blemishes without looking cakey. Fabulous.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2014 1:44:00 PM More reviews by Lucieofthevalley

The packaging is a bit clunky, but it works. I wasn't expecting a cream foundation! lol, oops. A little goes a very long way with this product, one tiny pat on the cream is enough to cover your entire face. It spread nicely, covers well and sets to a semi-matte finish. Not a bad drugstore cream foundation! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2014 6:54:00 PM More reviews by esther22

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is truly an amazing product. I would recommend it more than my revlon colorstay foundation. First if all, I have oily acne prone skin. This doesn't break me out or make my acne worse. It also has great medium coverage and you can build more coverage as you go. The consistency is a rich, creamy formula which is easy to blend in. But the packaging is unnecessarily bigger, which I don't mind but some people might. Also, the color is hard to match from the packaging and the shades seem to be a little dark. Overall, this is an amazing product that you should give a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2014 10:00:00 PM More reviews by kristin12b

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really do like this foundation. It covers well, yet looks very natural. It's also very quick to apply, I don't like messy liquid foundation, and this is much easier than my loose powder foundation. It also last all day, will repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/5/2014 9:07:00 AM More reviews by evieelsie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I needed a cream foundation and this was the only thing avaliable at the local shops.

-the colour range is very limited

-the coverage is full

-it is quick and easy to apply

-I think you should powder over this foundation because i have fairly dry skin and it even made me look a bit oily

this foundation is great for keeping in your hand bag when u need coverage really quick

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2014 10:12:00 AM More reviews by audreyjc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my favorite drugstore foundation of all-time, although it's not without its problems. The packaging is misleading -- it's really, really hard to tell what color you need from the box. I'm pretty pale for winter right now, but I'm definitely an olive-medium tone for the most part, and I think I ended up with the lightest tone available. So be careful, because it's quite easy to go too dark. The sponge it comes with works fine for me, although I try to wash it periodically because it seems to gather up any dirt or dust that might be lingering, and I notice that stuff gets caught easily in the makeup itself, too (because of its thick "cream" consistency, I guess).

As far as actual product performance, it's awesome. It's just the right amount of coverage, looks smooth with kind of a satiny finish. If anything, it's maybe a *little* on the moist side, but I can deal with that given the subtle, healthy sheen it gives you.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2014 8:59:00 AM More reviews by annakatedyer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am so grateful for this product. So, I'm currently hundreds of kilometres away from home to perform (I'm an opera singer). So. Earlier today it was time to get ready for my show. I did my hair all nice, and had my ball gown all laid out and ready, and reached for my foundation. Gasp! I'd forgotten to pack my foundation. So I race to the nearest chemist and pick this up and smash some money on the counter and frantically drive back to my hotel room. I'd never used a product like this before (I was - WAS- a firm believer in liquid foundations and not in anything that came in a compact) and was SO happy with the results. I bought the 01 Ivory Beige shade and surprisingly it fitted my fair skin tone perfectly. Went on the face easy, didn't feel heavy. I was performing on an outside stage and I was really happy to see the make up didn't slide off my face - I have very oily skin, was in a full length dress singing and dancing with the air temperature being in the mid 30s and the hot stage lights on me and I get off stage and my skin only looked a teensy bit shiny. Which is amazing considering my face usually is melting off in these situations (literally)! I just removed it, was easy to take off and my skin doesn't look angry at me and no new pimples have formed (which is amazing, yet again). I'm so happy. Do yourself a favour and get this product. It's a shame the compact isn't built more sturdy though. X