Revlon New Complexion One-Step Compact Makeup

3.6

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (4%) Inactive Ingredients: Dimethicone, Isopropyl Isostearate, Talc, Silica, Neopentyl Glycol Diethlyhexanoate, Tribehenin, Isostearyl Behenate, Nylon 12, Boron Nitride, Lauroyl Lysine, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Myristyl Myristate, Candelilla Cera (Euphorbia Cerifera Wax), Polyglyceryl 4 Isostearate, Sorbitan Trioleate, Pentahyrdosqualene, Lauryl PEG/PPG 18/18 Methicone, Saccharomyces Zinc Ferment, Saccharomyces Copper Ferment, Saccharomyces Magnesium Ferment, Saccharomyces Iron Ferment, Saccharomyces Silicon Ferment, Saccharomyces Potassium Ferment, Cyclomethicone, Soy Amino Acids, Cera Carnauba (Copernicia Cerifera Wax), Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Polyethylene, Ethylene/Methacrylate Copolymer, Lecithin, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Alumina, Barium Sulfate, Dehydroacetic Acid, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, BHT, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

on 7/19/2015 12:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I've purchased a few of these over the years in Sand beige and medium beige, but I haven't seen them for sale lately so fear they are discontinued in my country. Now I rarely reached for this compact on my vanity but I might have taken for granted the staple these play in my handbag! So convenient to have a compact creme with decent coverage for touch ups on the go. It's medium buildable to full but can definitely look cakey if you apply on too much with the sponge. If I really need it to play full cover I use my real techniques buffing brush which stipples it in much better for an even, more natural application. It doesn't set quickly and it's more a velvety cream finish than a silky powdery result. Probably a reason why my dry skin loves it so much. Longevity is about 4 hours before touch ups are needed, and I imagine that to be much, much less for those with oily skin. It's not overly moisturising but I wouldn't expect any oil control due to the creme's consistency. Still, it suits my on-the-go needs and I don't really have a comparable product to replace it with so will be disappointed if I can't repurchase.

on 7/9/2015 3:57:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I've been on a roll with drugstore makeup wins lately! I read a review of this one on Paula's Choice and had to try it, because I always wanted a go-to cream-to-powder makeup for my 5 minute makeup jobs or travel. I have dryish skin even in the summer, so most cream-to-powder formulas catch every little flake. Not this one! Even though the color selection is limited, I choose Sand Beige and it matched my summer skin tone well. It glided on and blended easily. I was left with a medium-coverage, matte finish that breathed and looked natural. I did use my Smashbox primer underneath because my 40ish skin needs it on matter what. It didn't cover the undereye circles perfectly, so I did use concealer and set the area with powder. I am really impressed!

on 2/24/2015 4:52:00 PM

I bought this for those 5 minute makeup days when I'm in a rush and just need minimal makeup, and for that its fairly good.
It feels very slick to the touch and goes on smoothly and is easy to blend out. I used the sponge it came with which seemed OK but not the best quality. I am not sure if using a brush would move the product around too much and make it patchy as the consistancy feels sort of oily and thin.
It does cover redness fairly well, but needs 2 coats on those areas.
I deffinately needed a powder to set this as it felt like it would just wipe off with the most minimal of touches otherwise.
It didn't look cakey, and it felt light on my skin. I used Rimmel Stay Matte powder, so it wasn't too oily on my t-zone.
The biggest downside for me was that it oxidised after a while, and made me look a bit orange, but a slightly lighter powder fixed that problem.
It didn't have super staying power, but deffinately good enough for running around town and doing the shopping etc.
I wouldn't wear this on a full-face makeup day when I need flawless long wearing makeup, and I wont repurchase it.

on 2/7/2015 5:16:00 PM

This foundation is absolutely STUNNING!!. I have combination skin, and this is not the kind of formula that usually works the best for me. But even with it, I simply love the cream-to.powder foundations. They are very use to use, no mess pouring product on the hand first and so on...
I decided to give this a try after reading the so good review Paula Begoun wrote about it, and because it is oil free.
Thanks God I did it, 'cause I can't stop loving it. As I wrote, I like this kind of product, and I have tried very high end brands cream to powder foundations. Stuff from Chanel (the worst one!!!), Shiseido, or Dior. Some of them works more or less good, others were very bad... but none of them performed on my skin really well. That means: very oily t-zone after a couple of hours, transfer on the clothes or on the cell phone, break outs...
But this one performs soooo well, I simply can't believe it. The texture is extremely light, in fact I pick up the product with a brush but dabbing on to the compact, otherwise it takes a LOT of product.
It feels like nothing on my skin, improves the texture of my skin quite a lot, it moisturizes but without a heavy feeling and on top of that a very effective 15 SPF.
After 3 or 4 hours shine appears a bit, but if I apply powder on my t-zone prior to the foundation, my skin stays matte much, much longer.
It's amazing to see that a drugstore product can be way better than the high end ones... I definitely will repurchase it!!.

on 10/26/2014 1:32:00 PM

The packaging looks different than the one shown here. The lid is clear. The day I purchased this I used a heavy hand and it looked ghostly! I then tried a damp sponge with less cream and the results were very nice. I like the natural and even coverage. However this can lie on top of the skin and emphasize all those lines you try so hard to hide! I use a tissue and press on my skin to minimize the shine and transfer of the cream.And the finish is a bit shiny for me so I also use a powder on top. However I do notice I break out alot from using this. I used to wear the colorstay foundation until they changed the formula so I know how to properly remove makeup with an oil cleanse first. This gets right into your pores and makes me get big pimples that are under the skin. Gross sorry. So as much as I love the nice finish I will not repurchase. Into the trash

ok so I recently decided to try this again with a very light hand a lots of sweeping and I have to say, I love this! Lovely finish especially for the drier months

on 7/17/2014 6:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Super surprised by how much I'm loving this product. It matches my skin perfectly and doesn't oxidize to orange. Normally drugstore foundations don't work out at all, but this ones great. Covers up blemishes without looking cakey. Fabulous.

The packaging is a bit clunky, but it works. I wasn't expecting a cream foundation! lol, oops. A little goes a very long way with this product, one tiny pat on the cream is enough to cover your entire face. It spread nicely, covers well and sets to a semi-matte finish. Not a bad drugstore cream foundation! :)

on 5/28/2014 6:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is truly an amazing product. I would recommend it more than my revlon colorstay foundation. First if all, I have oily acne prone skin. This doesn't break me out or make my acne worse. It also has great medium coverage and you can build more coverage as you go. The consistency is a rich, creamy formula which is easy to blend in. But the packaging is unnecessarily bigger, which I don't mind but some people might. Also, the color is hard to match from the packaging and the shades seem to be a little dark. Overall, this is an amazing product that you should give a try.

on 5/8/2014 10:00:00 PM

I really do like this foundation. It covers well, yet looks very natural. It's also very quick to apply, I don't like messy liquid foundation, and this is much easier than my loose powder foundation. It also last all day, will repurchase.

on 4/5/2014 9:07:00 AM

I needed a cream foundation and this was the only thing avaliable at the local shops.

-the colour range is very limited

-the coverage is full

-it is quick and easy to apply

-I think you should powder over this foundation because i have fairly dry skin and it even made me look a bit oily

this foundation is great for keeping in your hand bag when u need coverage really quick