September 19, 2014 | 1992 users online

Foundations - Smashbox - Smashbox Camera Ready CC Cream Broad Spectrum SPF 30

rated 3 of 5 on 9/15/2014 12:48:00 AM More reviews by mlotfi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Flawless dewy finish upon application, but by the end of the day i look like a greasy and ASHY mess. Im not an oily person, very normal. Thank god i got a sample.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/11/2014 11:18:00 PM More reviews by julieumin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Heard a lot of good about this product & the sephora women even recommend it as the best CC cream but i do NOT agree at all!! It hardly lasts through the middle of the day without becoming blotchy. Also, quite orange and not natural, may as well get foundation. ALSO, made me break out like crazy!!! Was wondering what was giving me these random awful breakouts and realized it was only after i wore it - many people seem to agree!!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/8/2014 3:11:00 AM More reviews by sa2169

I broke out in acne the next day after using this! Will never use it again, waste of money!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/6/2014 3:53:00 PM More reviews by feelingcold

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I would not consider this a CC cream. I purchased the 15ml trial size because I was on a summer road trip and needed something with a high spf. The feel is very thick and hard to spread. I never feel like I have even coverage and I always use more than I would like.

The coverage is sheer and super uneven. It sticks to dry spots and despite having little coverage it's obvious that you are wearing makeup. It does fill in pores and give a bluring effect that is really nice. If I was willing to cake it on I could probably get it to look alright, but it already feels thick and mask like when spread thin. It causes me to break out pretty much every time I use it, but I expected that.

I wouldn't wear this as a foundation, but as incredibly over priced sunscreen it's ok.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2014 7:59:00 AM More reviews by HollyWould123

I've been using this product for the past month or so since it is summertime and a full face of makeup isn't always the route to go with this time of year. I believe the negative reviews on this product are not because it is of poor quality, but rather it acts as more of a full coverage foundation as opposed to a cc cream. BB/CC users are probably (and rightfully so) expecting something a bit more lightweight. This product is definitely misleading as it is basically a full coverage foundation. I personally felt it was just the right amount, and buildable as far as coverage goes. I think the shade I have was a bit too light on me, but that's because my skin color changes basically each day during the summer. I felt it evened out my skin tone, but my skin was still visible through it. I work overnight under harsh fluorescent lighting as a nurse and felt like my face looked half decent in the mornings when I came home. Just a little oily in my t-zone, which is to be expected with most makeup. The formula is creamy and easy to blend (I use Sephora #55 airbrush foundation brush and/or beautyblender). I would definitely repurchase!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/8/2014 6:47:00 PM More reviews by JeanLE

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've tried various BB creams and wanted to try a CC. I found this small travel size at Sephora and even then, it was expensive! Well, it's not worth it! Thank God I didn't buy a full sized tube! I probably should've bought the fair but they only had the light in the small size. It's too yellow toned and oxidizes to slightly orange cast! It's also strangely sticky! Very difficult to spread around...I like the 30 SPF, that's about it. Would not recommend at all.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/7/2014 4:00:00 PM More reviews by juliaarogers

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

WASTE OF MONEY!!!
This product does absolutely nothing it says it is set out to do.
It is not light weight at all, it is hard to blend and turns into an orange moments after applying it.
The major problem with this product is it causes major acne. I have always gotten tiny blemishes every once and a while but this product just caused a mess on my face. NOT IMPRESSED. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS TO ANYONE.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/19/2014 11:22:00 PM More reviews by taradoyle82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Alright. Here's the deal. So I went into my local sephora looking for a new tinted moisturizer or mineral powder foundation. I'm up at 5 am every day so I need something quick with coverage, moisturizing and that still looks natural without the made up look. I got the sales rep to give me a sample of this CC cream and they gave me enough for 4-5 days of wear.

First, this is NOT a light weight product. I found it difficult to blend and sticky. It took a while to settle but the finish was alright but not what I wanted, dewy and natural. By the 3rd day, I had broken out in pimples all over my chin and forehead. I also had a co worker mention that the shade once oxidized on my skin was a little more orange than my actual skin tone.

I stopped using it and my pimples cleared up within a few days. I found this too heavy, not blendable, oxidized to a different shade and the finish wasn't sheer and natural enough for me.

Happy it was a sample :)

rated 3 of 5 on 7/9/2014 11:09:00 AM More reviews by lightchaser16

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

This is not a bad product - glides on smoothly, a little goes a very long way - but given the price and the oxybenzone, and the fact that it provides low coverage and needs to be layered with a foundation for more (silicones upon silicones!), I will not repurchase. Did not have a noticeable effect on controlling acne though after it sets on my face all redness decreases.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2014 5:56:00 PM More reviews by AprilShowas123

I love Smashbox & I so wanna give this a good review, but it adheres to foundation, powder & liquid, and make up under eyes and makes it appear darker. It's just "ok" , I prefer "Teamine" under eye cream over any other eye cream/primer/moisturizer/anything.