July 24, 2014 | 1883 users online

Foundations - Smashbox - Smashbox Camera Ready CC Cream Broad Spectrum SPF 30

rated 3 of 5 on 7/19/2014 11:22:00 PM More reviews by taradoyle82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Alright. Here's the deal. So I went into my local sephora looking for a new tinted moisturizer or mineral powder foundation. I'm up at 5 am every day so I need something quick with coverage, moisturizing and that still looks natural without the made up look. I got the sales rep to give me a sample of this CC cream and they gave me enough for 4-5 days of wear.

First, this is NOT a light weight product. I found it difficult to blend and sticky. It took a while to settle but the finish was alright but not what I wanted, dewy and natural. By the 3rd day, I had broken out in pimples all over my chin and forehead. I also had a co worker mention that the shade once oxidized on my skin was a little more orange than my actual skin tone.

I stopped using it and my pimples cleared up within a few days. I found this too heavy, not blendable, oxidized to a different shade and the finish wasn't sheer and natural enough for me.

Happy it was a sample :)

rated 3 of 5 on 7/9/2014 11:09:00 AM More reviews by lightchaser16

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

This is not a bad product - glides on smoothly, a little goes a very long way - but given the price and the oxybenzone, and the fact that it provides low coverage and needs to be layered with a foundation for more (silicones upon silicones!), I will not repurchase. Did not have a noticeable effect on controlling acne though after it sets on my face all redness decreases.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2014 5:56:00 PM More reviews by AprilShowas123

I love Smashbox & I so wanna give this a good review, but it adheres to foundation, powder & liquid, and make up under eyes and makes it appear darker. It's just "ok" , I prefer "Teamine" under eye cream over any other eye cream/primer/moisturizer/anything.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/25/2014 1:36:00 PM More reviews by Lucieofthevalley

I had initially loved this product. I use this or Bobbi Brown's BB cream. This product does not offer much coverage, which is fine because I don't need much. The two main issues I have with this product: my skin is an oil slick after 2 hours, even after being set with a powder. Oily to the point where I have to use a napkin to dab my skin! The other issue is the shade selection. The light/medium oxidizes on my skin into a burnt orange color, probably due to the amount of oil secreted by my skin while using this product. This is best for winter use, when your skin is dry and needs a little SPF protection.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2014 10:34:00 PM More reviews by betosmom

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

A little pricey but worth it. A little goes a long way and this really saved my skin. I noticed how my skin cleared up after a few months of use. Works great under powder/liquid foundation or alone. This ultimately was the best CC cream that worked with my specific skin tone. I have yellow undertones so it was a struggle to find a good BB/CC cream but this was recommended by a sales associate at Ulta for that reason. I'm glad I took her advice!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/6/2014 1:19:00 AM More reviews by corakore

I trashed mine. That's how bad it is. I wore it for 2-3 months and really tried to love it since I keep hearing good things about it and fell victim to the sunk cost fallacy, but I finally gave up, finally accepted I've wasted my money and switched back to my old BB cream (which has better coverage too).

This is my problem with it:

1. It's very streaky & cakey, and you definitely look like you're wearing make up. Previously, I used Dior's Hydralife BB cream where no one can tell I was wearing any make up, so it was a huge difference.

2. Coverage is surprisingly poor. Looking at the foundation and concealer I have to layer on top of this to get smooth coverage, I'm not even sure why I'm using this. I can get cheaper and better sunscreen.

3. I started breaking out a lot and having all these little bumps. I thought it was just hormones and didn't think much of it. After I stopped using this product, it all cleared up. Turns out this was clogging up my pores.

4. Extremely oily on my skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/27/2014 12:48:00 PM More reviews by Kakibot

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Pros: great shade selection, high SPF
Cons: quite thick, can go cakey

Saw this during my trip to NY and decided to give it a try - I am very pale and rarely find BB/CC creams light enough to fit my skin tone, so I tend to buy any that seems to do the job in this department! I was also lured in by the SPF as you can imagine being pale = great need for high protection.
Sadly there seems to be lot of products in my cosmetics bag that don't go well with this CC cream - some of my moisturisers and my favourite concealer like to go all cakey when combined with it, and I am not risking setting it with loose powder as this would just make this cakeyness more visible ./

I will save the tube for the high summer when I bet it will be great for afternoons in the sun, as any CC/BB cream is better for this than a heavy combo of sunscreen and foundation (obviously better protection but also not great for my acne prone skin), however I don't think I would spend another 30-40 on a new tube when my favourite CC cream (GOSH) is only 10.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2014 5:29:00 AM More reviews by Kiki05

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm in love with this cc cream! It's the only cc cream that actually last on my excessively oily skin without being chalky. It looked so natural and fixes discoloration on my skin without using a lot of product. It has SPF 30 or 35 and it claims to prime, protect, perfect, hydrate and Control oil and I think it does all that!! It's an amazing product and definitely worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2014 8:25:00 PM More reviews by orhaiza

I love this product, it lessen my breakouts and sure it will cover your dark spots you can apply it by tapping your finger or foundation brush. well you can apply just an inch or.small.about and that's it. matte finish (let it sit and dry for Atleast 5mins) no.need for.foundation... the price is steep but over all would.buy this product again. for sensitive skin, you might want to thoroughly clean your face.before applying and.before.you sleep.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2014 6:30:00 AM More reviews by Nurken

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Absolutely love this! Ive been working as an SA in cosmeticsstores earlier, and have tried tons of foundations, bb creams and tms. This cc cream is way different than tms, as some claim. It is so much more. It has a great coverage, Id say medium, and you could build it quite a bit. Also, the color Im using is light/medium which looks a tad too dark, but it adjusts in a couple of minutes. It has a natural finish, and for me (who has dry skin), there`s no need to powder. It has spf 30 - not only the uva, but also the uvb, which makes it broadspectrum. For all of us girls who think about our skin and don`t want it to age too fast, a broadspectrum product like this is a must for every day wear. It protects, primes, covers and has skincare ingredients in it too. I will not stop using this. To me, the cc cream is enough on casual days, but when going out /night-time, Id pop on a light foundation on top...You should try this! :)