September 30, 2014 | 968 users online

Foundations - Smashbox - Smashbox Camera Ready CC Cream Broad Spectrum SPF 30

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2014 9:10:00 AM More reviews by seeingstevie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Been looking for a lightweight daily CC/BB cream to use as a replacement to the RMK dewy foundation plus MAC careblend and found this at Sephora.
I was actually looking to top up on the primer and thought since they make good primers the CC cream should be good. I tested it on my hand and liked that my pores looked more refine without a greasy looking glow but an eggshell like glow.
Purchased it and love it.
Granted it takes a VERY thorough clean (or it's quite possible you'd get break outs) but I imagine that's why the finish look so natural esp if the product gets into your pores and such.
I can use it alone, with very minimal touch up during the day. It suits my combination skin to a T and the color LIGHT is a flattering bright neutral shade. Highly recommend.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2014 7:52:00 PM More reviews by Chickeys

I really liked this product: I got a generous sample of this and the BB Cream from Sephora, both in Light-Neutral, and even though it's the same color, the BB Cream was way dark on my NW20ish skin -- however, it was perfect in the CC Cream! I used the entire sample, which was good for about 4 uses. I applied it with a Real Techniques Expert Face Brush, and although some reviewers proclaim this product to be heavy, I never thought it was, and I'm a person who *despises* thick foundations. It evened my skin tone nicely and looked good all through the day, about 12 hours of wearing time. The color was a perfect match luckily, and maybe I'm letting that overshadow my review...but c'mon, perfect matches are hard to let go of! It also didn't give me any pimples or make me super-oily: I blotted my t-zone once or twice a day with blotting paper (i.e. toilet seat covers, ha), and it looked good all day and didn't feel cakey or heavy. The price is steep: I think it's $38 for the full-size tube. I said yes to repurchasing but I'm currently using up both the BalmShelter TM and the Nars TM so who knows (I only like having one face product at a time; I'm worried about them going bad!). Before you write this product off completely, please get a sample!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/21/2014 11:52:00 PM More reviews by Nicogato

I heard so many good things about this product but have just been disappointed! I thought it would be a quick and easy base to use if I'm rushed but it actually takes me so much longer than a full face of foundation because it is just SO difficult to blend! It doesn't disappear, it gets caught in pores and hairline etc and no matter how much time I spend blending it never completely blends. Very disappointing.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/15/2014 12:48:00 AM More reviews by mlotfi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Flawless dewy finish upon application, but by the end of the day i look like a greasy and ASHY mess. Im not an oily person, very normal. Thank god i got a sample.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/11/2014 11:18:00 PM More reviews by julieumin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Heard a lot of good about this product & the sephora women even recommend it as the best CC cream but i do NOT agree at all!! It hardly lasts through the middle of the day without becoming blotchy. Also, quite orange and not natural, may as well get foundation. ALSO, made me break out like crazy!!! Was wondering what was giving me these random awful breakouts and realized it was only after i wore it - many people seem to agree!!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/8/2014 3:11:00 AM More reviews by sa2169

I broke out in acne the next day after using this! Will never use it again, waste of money!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/6/2014 3:53:00 PM More reviews by feelingcold

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I would not consider this a CC cream. I purchased the 15ml trial size because I was on a summer road trip and needed something with a high spf. The feel is very thick and hard to spread. I never feel like I have even coverage and I always use more than I would like.

The coverage is sheer and super uneven. It sticks to dry spots and despite having little coverage it's obvious that you are wearing makeup. It does fill in pores and give a bluring effect that is really nice. If I was willing to cake it on I could probably get it to look alright, but it already feels thick and mask like when spread thin. It causes me to break out pretty much every time I use it, but I expected that.

I wouldn't wear this as a foundation, but as incredibly over priced sunscreen it's ok.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2014 7:59:00 AM More reviews by HollyWould123

I've been using this product for the past month or so since it is summertime and a full face of makeup isn't always the route to go with this time of year. I believe the negative reviews on this product are not because it is of poor quality, but rather it acts as more of a full coverage foundation as opposed to a cc cream. BB/CC users are probably (and rightfully so) expecting something a bit more lightweight. This product is definitely misleading as it is basically a full coverage foundation. I personally felt it was just the right amount, and buildable as far as coverage goes. I think the shade I have was a bit too light on me, but that's because my skin color changes basically each day during the summer. I felt it evened out my skin tone, but my skin was still visible through it. I work overnight under harsh fluorescent lighting as a nurse and felt like my face looked half decent in the mornings when I came home. Just a little oily in my t-zone, which is to be expected with most makeup. The formula is creamy and easy to blend (I use Sephora #55 airbrush foundation brush and/or beautyblender). I would definitely repurchase!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/8/2014 6:47:00 PM More reviews by JeanLE

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've tried various BB creams and wanted to try a CC. I found this small travel size at Sephora and even then, it was expensive! Well, it's not worth it! Thank God I didn't buy a full sized tube! I probably should've bought the fair but they only had the light in the small size. It's too yellow toned and oxidizes to slightly orange cast! It's also strangely sticky! Very difficult to spread around...I like the 30 SPF, that's about it. Would not recommend at all.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/7/2014 4:00:00 PM More reviews by juliaarogers

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

WASTE OF MONEY!!!
This product does absolutely nothing it says it is set out to do.
It is not light weight at all, it is hard to blend and turns into an orange moments after applying it.
The major problem with this product is it causes major acne. I have always gotten tiny blemishes every once and a while but this product just caused a mess on my face. NOT IMPRESSED. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS TO ANYONE.