October 25, 2014 | 891 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Sounds Like Noise

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2014 6:29:00 PM More reviews by aliengirrl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

I love this! So much I got 2. It's a nice orange (wearable to me but anything is wearable to me since I do not fear the dramatic colors/looks) on me it looks more paler than a super bright orange. Goes well with my very pale neutral skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2013 3:59:00 PM More reviews by kpennock

I really love orange/corals/peach colors on my lips. I saw this one and had to give it a go. I would say on me it looks like a slightly lighter and truer orange than morange but still really pretty.

The ONLY problem I found with this lippie is that it clings to every tiny dry spot on your lips and emphasizes it. You can put a lip balm under it or a gloss over it and it helps a little but then it gets a little goopy looking and I just don't like that. So my best advice is to wear this EXFOLIATE your lips then put on a thin layer of balm and let it sink in THEN do your lip liner and lipstick. It is beautiful and I will make it work I just wish the formula was better.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2013 6:36:00 PM More reviews by lightgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

The only reason that I took one lippie off is because this goes on chalky and gets in lip lines. If I put a thin coat of lipbalm on first, it mostly gets rid of the problem. This color is gorgeous - it's a pure orange - no reddish or pinkish to it at all. I'm NW20/NC15 for reference.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2013 8:58:00 AM More reviews by princesslola13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This lipstick is very flattering.On me it looks slightly peachy.Very pigmented.Ipurchased for 2 reasons.I love orange and I love matte lipsticks.There is no red in it,which is a refreshing change.So many reddish oranges out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2013 10:17:00 PM More reviews by kittyeyes29

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

When I applied this lipstick for the first time I fell in love. I knew immediately it would have a near permanent place on my lips for spring and summer. It is the perfect shade of orange for my skin tone (which is on the more yellow/olivey side). Sounds Like Noise is a true orange lipstick that doesn't turn into an orangey-red on the lips. It doesn't make my teeth look yellow at all like orange lipsticks with more red in them tend to do. While this colour suits me perfectly, I can see how people with different skin tones might have issues with this colour, but if you're looking for a true orange that isn't neon, this lipstick is perfect. MAC says this lipstick is matte, but to me it leans more towards a satin finish: it has more of a sheen to it than the other matte formula MAC lipsticks that I own. This does make it less drying for me than other matte lipsticks and it glides on smoothly and has opaque colour coverage. The only negative I noticed is that this lipstick will settle into lines if your lips aren't moisturized, so just make sure you use a lip balm first!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2013 3:59:00 PM More reviews by feeb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the PERFECT orange lipstick. true orange The other mac oranges have more red and therefore pull red orange on my lips..not flattering on me at all. I have very light yellow/olive undertones to my skin and this orange is perfect. My teeth dont look yellow like Reel Sexy ( which is very different color) can make them look. Never owned a Mac matt lipstick, so I can't compare to the other matt lipsticks in their line.This feels nice on the lips and does not make my lips feel overly dry like some of mac's lusters have done in the past. I would recommend using a lip balm before applying this lipstck. Its so pigmented that I just had to dab it on my lips which gave a more even application and classy Chanel look. I will be getting a back up of this lipstick if I can, because its the more wearable orange I have come across.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2013 7:40:00 PM More reviews by Nerrisa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Despite only giving this lipstick 3 stars, it's really a great shade. Maybe not the best formula, but such a pretty color. It's definitely a true orange, not too dark with very little red. I think it looks just a little strange on me full on, as it is very pigmented and the matte formula is not very forgiving. Steered out under a lipbalm, or with gloss on top, makes it a much more wearable orange for me (pale and neutral-cool).

I just really don't like the formula. It isn't the matte formula itself, because I have other MAC mattes that are fine. This one, however, was a bit streaky on me. It's fine if you layer it over something else, but on it's own...streaky. It's a bit drying, too, although most truly matte lipsticks are a bit drying on me.

I'd buy it again, because I think it's a pretty unique shade and a lovely color.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2013 7:09:00 PM More reviews by divathing

Ok ladies, I know this seems like a hard shade to pull off but I assure you that you can. when I first tried it on i was wondering what I got myself into. I wear MUFE 185 and it doesn't get much darker than that. I went to my local MAC and my lovely mua Keith helped me out.
We lined with auburn and put a little touch of goldensoft (i brought it with me but i think any goldy sheer gloss would work) in the very center of my lips. We then dabbed a gold shadow on top of the very center of the lips and viola! It was fab and bold without making me look like a clown. don't hesitate to get this lippie. You just have to make it work for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2013 4:13:00 PM More reviews by lissmorleyx

This colour is so gorgeous ans anybody that knows me will see this lipstick and say that this is a 'me' lipstick and bonus.. Its matte! I love matte lipstick. I would love for MAC to make this permenant its gorgeous and creamy. Not drying!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/12/2013 7:37:00 AM More reviews by Lornamary

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This colour is really too orange toned to make anyone look good, although when dabbed on and used under a coral lipgloss it can look quite nice. When I put this straight on to my lips it made me look kind of green and not very attractive at all. The lipstick itself is one of the best matte formulas I've ever used though, lovely and creamy and extremely pigmented. Maybe I should if though twice about buying this lipstick, what looks good on rock stars doesn't always look good on normal people.