October 2, 2014 | 917 users online

Hair - TRESemme - Keratin Smooth Heat Protection Shine Spray

rated 3 of 5 on 9/24/2014 4:02:00 PM More reviews by englande

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

My hair is 1b, straight and long. It was somewhat frizzy after air drying and tangly. It was broken off and dry everywhere, all the way up to my forehead. I bought it to help protect my hair from the flat iron and maybe help it start improving. I didn't notice any difference with this heat protectant. I have since cut my hair off to start over and maintain healthy hair. I won't be repurchasing this since it did nothing for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2014 9:33:00 AM More reviews by jasminejay

love this product! I don't really use heat on my hair, but I spray some of this in just after I've showered to protect it from things like my heater (it's winter here) and I must say the smell is great and it does leave my hair feeling and looking smooth and shiny! would buy again :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2014 9:26:00 PM More reviews by lushlife505

This did nothing for me.
I like the original much better than this one. I also do not like the scent of this.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/3/2014 9:20:00 PM More reviews by AmyScarlettxo

This didn't seem to do much at all for my hair.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2014 3:58:00 AM More reviews by Callque

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Just as good as their original heat protectant but with the added bonus of giving your hair some more shine. It doesn't weigh down hair or make it greasy and you can't feel it in your hair at all. With the Keratin version I get a headache if I spray too much but this happens with any strong scent for me. I prefer the original for that reason only, but I still recommend this one for people who aren't as sensitive to smells!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2014 7:38:00 PM More reviews by breebree89

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I noticed that they changed the top, but I find the product still spills out a bit..
I like the smell and it doesn't make my hair oily or weighed down. It's a good heat protectant and my hair feels so soft and smooth all day :) it's very affordable as well!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2014 7:29:00 PM More reviews by shalie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have unruly, frizzy hair and I was always going to the beauty salon. I decided to buy a flat iron this product and a garnier product to use before my blow dry. I can only tell you this, my hair looks beautiful every time I use this. It is inexpensive my hair does not feel greasy and looks shiny. I use a neutrogena product after the flat iron. No need to buy expensive hair products. I wash my hair and always blow dry and flat iton it. No more dull and frizzy hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2014 7:03:00 PM More reviews by SuzieQ1976

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I bought this today and loved it so much I had to write a review! I have been searching for a good heat protectant for ages and they always disappoint, but not this one! I have extremely frizzy, blonde, overprocessed, damaged hair, and most of the products that are out there give me minimal protection and make my coarse and heavy hair even heavier and not very managable. This stuff is like a miracle in a bottle! It sprays on very finely, smells amazing, and leaves zero residue on my hair. It also made my hair easier to style with my flat iron and left it shiny and bouncy, exactly the same way it feels when I leave a high end salon! Very impressed with this! Please, please, PLEASE don't ever discontinue this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2014 5:35:00 PM More reviews by Fabulousblonde

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this after reading the reviews on makeupalley. I use heat on my hair every time I wash it either a straightener or hairdryer. My hair is usually very flyway, static and frizzy. This has worked wonders! After the first time I used it, my hair was easier to manage and it was straighter and sleeker. It tames frizz and flyaway hair loads, and I rarely find that I get visible results from hair products.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2014 4:23:00 PM More reviews by joana7

I've been looking for cheaper alternatives to my Kerastase Ciment Thermique and decided to give this a go.

Something that really appeals to me in this product is that it is meant to not only protect hair from heat damage but also to prevent frizz. My hair is fine and so so frizzy so this suits me completely.

So far I've used this product a total of five times and I am quite happy with it. The packaging is very functional and sprays hair evenly. I really like the scent, which is quite strong and similar to other Tresemmé products but does not linger.
This spray makes my hair smooth and shiny as promised. I made a point of using this product on a very rainy day (rain always makes my hair go even frizzier) to test it out and I think this helped fight frizz. Also, it does not weigh my fine hair down and I did go heavy handed.
As far as heat protection goes, I think it's too soon to tell but I think it's doing its job.

One thing I'm not sure of is if it is going to be much cheaper than my Ciment Thermique in the long run. I've been using CT a couple of times per week for a year and I still have a bit of product left because you only need to use a tiny amount. With the Tresemme product though, I find myself using quite a lot of it. With sprays it's hard for me to tell if all my hair is coated with product so I just spray a bit extra to be sure. So let's see how long this lasts me! I think I will repurchase it anyway, if nothing else for those days when I need my hair to look nice and frizz-free.