April 19, 2014 | 1626 users online

Hair - TRESemme - Keratin Smooth Heat Protection Shine Spray

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2014 5:35:00 PM More reviews by Fabulousblonde

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this after reading the reviews on makeupalley. I use heat on my hair every time I wash it either a straightener or hairdryer. My hair is usually very flyway, static and frizzy. This has worked wonders! After the first time I used it, my hair was easier to manage and it was straighter and sleeker. It tames frizz and flyaway hair loads, and I rarely find that I get visible results from hair products.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2014 4:23:00 PM More reviews by joana7

I've been looking for cheaper alternatives to my Kerastase Ciment Thermique and decided to give this a go.

Something that really appeals to me in this product is that it is meant to not only protect hair from heat damage but also to prevent frizz. My hair is fine and so so frizzy so this suits me completely.

So far I've used this product a total of five times and I am quite happy with it. The packaging is very functional and sprays hair evenly. I really like the scent, which is quite strong and similar to other Tresemmé products but does not linger.
This spray makes my hair smooth and shiny as promised. I made a point of using this product on a very rainy day (rain always makes my hair go even frizzier) to test it out and I think this helped fight frizz. Also, it does not weigh my fine hair down and I did go heavy handed.
As far as heat protection goes, I think it's too soon to tell but I think it's doing its job.

One thing I'm not sure of is if it is going to be much cheaper than my Ciment Thermique in the long run. I've been using CT a couple of times per week for a year and I still have a bit of product left because you only need to use a tiny amount. With the Tresemme product though, I find myself using quite a lot of it. With sprays it's hard for me to tell if all my hair is coated with product so I just spray a bit extra to be sure. So let's see how long this lasts me! I think I will repurchase it anyway, if nothing else for those days when I need my hair to look nice and frizz-free.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2014 9:13:00 AM More reviews by erica5574

I love this product!!!!!!
it makes my hair feel so silky and smooth. I has a nice scent and it is spray evenly unlike other sprays.
I think this is a good product because other heat protection sprays I have used, make my hair all stale and gross. overall I think this product deserves a 4 star rating :)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2014 2:40:00 AM More reviews by Jules0X

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Overall a good product. I like the trigger pump especially since I have long, thick hair. Hair feels soft and not as frizzy as when I blow dry without it, but after using this for about a month I still see the same amount of damage to my hair from blow drying, so not sure if it is really doing all that much protecting.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2014 10:23:00 PM More reviews by sakura14

I have fine red-brown hair and I don't use hair products and treatment often. I bought this product out of curiosity and I am happy with this product. It protects my hair from too much heat but keeps it down without any volume.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2013 3:44:00 PM More reviews by texasfinest

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Other

I have dry damaged bleach blonde hair, and this product truly makes it shine like the sun. It felt so soft, healthy and shiny!!! For 3$!!! Amazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2013 More reviews by yourdearjuliet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this product! Makes my hair so smooth and shiny and hides the look of my awful split ends from previous heat abuse. I prefer this Keratin Smooth over the regular also by TRESemme. This stuff is gold to me, I doubt I'll ever buy/need another heat protection spray <3 In love. This is my HG of hair protection.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2013 5:10:00 AM More reviews by sprite26

Not a winner for me, I probably won't even finish the bottle I have. The TRESemme brand has not impressed me at all so far. This dries my hair out every time I use it and leaves it feeling very rough. I don't care for the odd chemical-ish scent either. And it lingers. Strange, gimmicky packaging too.
Two lippies instead one because I assume this spray does in fact provide heat protection (I'll give them the benefit of the doubt). My hair is still healthy and free of damage after using this, no complaints on that count.
Overall I don't care for this product, wouldn't buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2013 2:42:00 PM More reviews by Ancatje

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This product is ok, but nothing to write home about. I have fine hair and it doesn't weigh it down, smells ok and I am assuming that it does provide heat protection, but it doesn't create any sort of shine on my hair or tame flyaways.
I hate the packaging though - I have the one in the regular spray bottle in the picture, not the one with the unusual head. The sprayer broke half way going through this bottle and made it difficult to spray any product out.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2013 1:20:00 PM More reviews by Shampooaholic

I have fine hair that is super dry at the ends and a little greasy at the roots. I have about 6 inches of new hair growth and the rest is blond color I'm letting grow out so it's super dry and damaged. I recently had almost 3 inches of hair cut off because I wasnt using a heat protectant before my daily blow dry. My hair is super slow growing and don't want to have that much cut off again so I decided to try this heat protecatant since it received great reviews.
I've been using it for a couple days now and don't see or feel any difference in my hair. I gave my shoulder length hair 10 generous sprays after toweel drying hair, let it sit for a minute, then combed through my hair. After blow drying I expected to see amazing results like others who have posted. I saw nothing different. Maybe my hair has a little shine but nothing really noticeable. Still have frizz, hair is not that much smoother, and not anymore moisturizes then usual. I'll continue to use it though because I do need something for my daily blowdry.
Pros: very cheap $5.00
Doesn't leave hair sticky or stiff
Can spray all over hair and doesn't leave roots greasy
Doesn't weigh hair down
Cons: smells like alcohol and stays in your hair all day
Product drips out of nozzle when spraying on hair

UPDATE: been using this for a week and don't like it. It makes a weird coating on my hair after a couple days. Like plastic. My hair looks good but the feel is very weird. Like a plastic barrier around each strand of hair. I'll use it on occasion but not everyday.