December 20, 2014 | 1212 users online

Eye Shadow - Hard Candy - All Lid Up

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2013 8:58:00 PM More reviews by edehnvalleigh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i got this in the light pearly pink shade. its very creamy and goes on easy with good staying power with no creasing:) i like it as a base over another light pink shadow and together they are very pretty and long lasting i went to sleep with it on and was still on when i woke up

rated 3 of 5 on 12/5/2013 3:15:00 PM More reviews by GirlieReview

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've tried two of these cream shadows, Quick Sand and Stepping Stones.

Quick Sand is a lovely warm beige that, on the lid, is a near dupe for Tom Ford's Platinum - though the textures are very different. They have phenomenal wear times. The formula is very similar to the Make Up For Ever Aqua Creams in that you have to use an oil cleanser to get them off.

Stepping Stones has a beautiful greeny pewter finish and I wanted to love it, but it dried up so fast and despite my best efforts, there was just no bringing it back. It went on very patchy and generally looked horrible.

I think the moral of this story is that when these shadows are fresh, they're great, but once they start to dry up, you might as well just toss them. Luckily, at this price point, I can do that.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/28/2013 2:04:00 PM More reviews by poetsdream7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have to agree with previous reviewer, doxie.. Although I don't have the youngest looking eyes, I KNOW my lids don't have skin so parched looking, as this product makes them look. I moisturize my lids always, and this product sucks every bit of moisture from them. I love the sexy, metallic, neutral colors I bought (Quicksand--bronzey taupe with a burnished old gold, greenish caste, very unique; Stepping Stones-- a golden bronze, verging on a warm silvery taupe sheen, again quite unique). I want to make them work. I may try mixing them w/ an eye cream, to add a bit of dewiness. Yet this will affect the longevity...(SIGH) Hard Candy, you almost got it right.
Update: 10/27/13-- I threw both of them out! They already had a dry texture, but in a matter of weeks, they had cracked and separated from the jar on the outer rim. Not good. I bought one of the newer ones, Fancy Pants, a glittery (major glittah fallout!!! Giving it to my 14 yr old twin nieces) peachy color. It was a bit creamier, just didn't like all the loose glitter. In the packaging for the newer shadows in this line, they added a stopper, similar to the one in the L'oreal Infallible shadows. Hopefully this will prevent them from drying out so quickly.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2013 9:37:00 PM More reviews by mirageangelhope

This product was dry when i bight it.I bought it during 4th of july and 7 weeks later it's practically unusable I have this in "wine not" a lovely maroon color.It was a real dry consistency from the get go and was very hard to apply on the lid either with a finger or a brush.It took forever to get it even and the lasting power wasn't great.So I would pass on this.
watch the packaging it can be hard to twist it back on properly so you'll have to be careful

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2013 3:25:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

While I love how long-wearing and crease-proof this product is, I don't love how crepey/dry it made my lids look. It seriously looks like I have dry, scaley patches on my lids which is totally not the case. I applied Stepping Stones on moisturized, primed lids and it set almost immediately. Very hard to blend out, and when topped with powder shadows, total crepe-fest.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2013 11:28:00 PM More reviews by BCbabe

Not bad! I saw these at Walmart and wondered how they faired against the Maybelline Color Tattoos. You can't go too wrong for the price ($5-ish) so I picked up Stepping Stones, a grey/khaki shade. It was taped shut but when I opened it, there was a big crack in it. :( I guess you don't know until you open these what you'll get, but I'm glad it was taped shut in the first place. The shade was sheer but buildable. I prefer using my MAC 242 since I have a hard time using my fingers without getting it under my nails. I love the shade and it lasted ALL day without creasing! That blew my mind, so I'll be probably wanting to pick up more shades.
Edit: These do go dry rather quickly. You get what you pay for and it seems the higher end cream shadows do tend to stay workable longer and don't dry up as fast. It can be hard to work with depending on whether you use a brush or fingers. I'm having to use silicone airbrush thinner (thins silicone based foundation for use in an airbrush) to keep it alive, but I love the colour so much.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/15/2013 11:53:00 PM More reviews by hellok1tty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I got this in Purple Heart because it was such a pretty color. I never have good luck with cream eyeshadows. No matter what I try, they all crease and look terrible after just a couple of hours of wear. This stuff is no different. First of all, putting this stuff on is like smearing putty on your eyelids. It's extremely dry and it does not spread well at all. It clumps up on my fingers and skips while applying. The color is not very outstanding; I have seen more vibrant color from powder shadows. The color in the tub is not really how it looks when you put it on. It's more of a dull purple once applied, while in the pot it looks pearly and vibrant. Second, the container is terrible. If you have fingernails at all, they are going to get this crud all underneath them while trying to scoop this dry gunk out of the tub. And of course, it creased after just an hour of wear. In my opinion, this eyeshadow is junk.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2013 8:44:00 AM More reviews by Backstagebecca

I got the blue electric color (forgot the name) and I love it! Mine was broken though but that's my fault for not checking before buying. I use this with an eyeshadow brush or my ring finger and it applies nicely. No fall out which is odd in creme shadows but it happens. Also very small and easy to touch up. I also used it as liner and it came out nice and vibrant. Only 3 dollars at Walmart so very good for its price.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2013 12:18:00 AM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Hard Candy says their new All Lid Up Cream Eyeshadows are "vibrant, long wearing creme eyeshadows to light up and enhance eyes. Our groundbreaking hybrid formula has a soft cushion texture that allows it to be worn as eyeshadow or eyeliner. This crease proof, stay put formula is blendable, luminous, multi colored pearls to provide glamorous evening looks." Hard Candy. No. That description barely made any sense. Hire me to write your product descriptions, I promise they will make more sense than that nonsense. Anyway, Hard Candy offers ten shades of All Lid Up cream shadows. I have Feeling Rosey, a pink. Each cream shaow contains 5.4g (.19 oz) and retails for $5. Hard Candy is a former high end brand that is now sold exclusively at Walmart and Walmart.com. Hard Candy products are not tested on animals. This eyeshadow was made in the USA.
Packaging for Hard Candy's All Lid Up eyeshadows could be better. Like its functional, but I feel like Hard Candy has some of the cuter, more creative packaging among affordable brands, so I expect everything to look a little fancy. The All Lid Up eyeshadows come in a very lighweight, clear, square plastic jar. The jar, while still small, is kinda excessive, really it could be half the size. The product name and Hard Candy logo are printed on the side of this jar. This eyeshadow's jar is topped with a black cap with the shade name and some company info printed on a clear label. I just think Hard Candy could've gone the extra mile and made this packaging is a little cuter.
Honestly, All Lid Up's lackluster packaging made me expect and equally sub-par product, and wow was I so far off! Hard Candy's All Lid Up is a great cream eyeshadow formula. The texture is really different, in the jar All Lid Up feels like a dry mousse. Actually the texture reminds me of a drier, denser version of Maybelline's Dream Bouncy Blushes. This cream eyeshadow doesn't feel creamy, its a very unique feel that I can't accurately describe, you need to feel this product for yourself! All Lid Up's payoff is low but buildable, it starts off sheer, but a second or even third layer and you can really build up the opacity. Because All Lid Up is a drier formula, application can be a little tricky. The best way to apply this cream shadow is to pat it on with your fingers or a flat stiff brush like Urban Decay's Good Karma Shadow Brush. It can be difficult to pick up a lot of product at once, so expect to keep dipping back into your pot. Something annoying that I feel needs to be mentioned is that this cream shadow can bunch up on the lid when you apply it with a brush. Because of that I prefer to use my fingers, which I think are the better tool anyway, since they warm the product up, making it more pliable. Unlike many cream shadows, Hard Candy's All Lid Ups don't seem to make very good eyeshadow bases. This cream product causes powder shadows to apply in an unattractive, patchy fashion. On it's own, with a primer, or with powder applied over it, it doesn't matter, Hard Candy's All Lid Up eyeshadows don't budge, smudge, crease, or fade all day long. Once these shadows are set they're on your eye until you're ready to remove them. The wear for this cream shadow really impresses me, I've never really had luck with cream eyeshadows before this one!
The color of Feeling Rosey is pretty interesting, definitely not a common color for drugstore cream shadows. In the jar, Feeling Rosey looks like a metallic rosy pink. How this shade appears on the eyes depends on the amount you apply, the colors you pair it with, and the angle its views from. Feeling Rosey shifts from coral, to pink, to a rust shade, to a rosy beige; very interesting. Feeling Rosey has very small shimmer particles that give it a pretty sheen. This isn't the most flattering shade for me, but its something different. Kudos to Hard Candy for branching out and making a unique shade like Feeling Rosey.
I'm really impressed by Hard Candy's All Lid Up Cream Eyeshadows. I can say, with confidence, that this is the best cream eyeshadow I've tried so far. This is not a 100% perfect product, the packaging is dull and application could be easier, but the excellent wear makes up for it. The shade Feeling Rosey is unique, dimensional, and versatile. I feel like the only real downfall to this line of cream shadows is that it lacks neutrals, there are only two or three out of the ten shades. I highly, highly recommend Hard Candy's All Lid Up cream shadows if you're looking for long lasting, stand alone, colorful cream shadows. I much prefer Hard Candy's option over Maybelline's wildly popular Color Tattoos. I doubt that I'll repurchase Feeling Rosey, but I'm definitely going to check out the other shades. Keep Hard Candy's All Lid Up shadows in mind next time you pop into Walmart!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2013 1:12:00 PM More reviews by desertwaya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've bought like 5 colors so far-teal, blue, Olive, gold and purple (I'll add names later). The gold and green were awesomely creamy but the teal and blue were dry and hard to work with, I may have gotten duds though. I haven't tried the purple yet but when I swatched it it was like the blue n teal in dryness. They stay on well and work great as primers so I'll overlook the dryness on some of them. And their $5, much cheaper than all the other brands that have these. I'll eventually pick up other colors if they don't DC these like HC does with everything else good.