L'Oreal Color Riche Quad - Cookies & Cream

on 11/29/2014 7:26:00 PM

I was pleasantly surprised! I usually don't buy a lot of drugstore brand makeup, but this eyeshadow was exactly what I wanted! It was really pigmented, and the two silver shadows were pigmented and went on smoothly. The black is also really dark and the lightest color is great for highlighting. Obviously a little powdery, especially because of the shimmery colors-- it brushes off a little, but if you pat the color on with a brush it's really rich. I was looking for a Dior Gris Gris eyeshadow dupe, and this is definitely worth the $8 rather than the $60 Dior palette.

My skin doesn't take well to powder shadows, and I can almost never keep pigment from them on my skin, they basically just disappear after a minute. I found with this quad that the color did stay though. It wasn't as pigmented as I hoped but, it was better than most of my experiences with eye shadow have been. I found that it was really convenient to use because it had the eye breakdown on the back, though it's not like it needs to be followed to a T. There are a lot of different colors in the line, and I do wish I had bought one a little more daring, but I think this color is just great anyway.