Rimmel Lasting Finish Matte by Kate Moss - 111 Kiss of Life

4.1

on 2/28/2015 2:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is the PERFECT classic red. It's blue toned and a pure red. It's not too light, not too dark and pure. It smells like candy, tastes like candy. Ughh! Just totally love it! It glides right on, isn't messy to apply. It's cheap and it didn't break on me.
The only thing I don't like about this lipstick is that after about 5 hours of wear, it dries up the lips and settles into the lines. It looks kinda nasty, but it's ok since I just reapply.

on 2/20/2015 9:38:00 PM

Fantastic lipstick! This is a true red, not too blue, and not too orange. Goes on smooth. Lasts a good 4 hours. Very comfortable on the lips. Very pleasant fruity smell (although some people absolutely hate it). And best of all, it is MATTE!

on 2/3/2015 9:09:00 AM

The perfect creamy, matte red lip colour! Not too much of an orange undertone. Dries to a solid colour but doesn't make your lips feel caked. Holds up well to eating/drinking (though will rub off onto items). Washes off lips cleanly without excessive scrubbing or permanent staining. As it starts to fade, lips retain red stain, so it's a very subtle fade.

on 11/17/2014 6:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

My go-to matte red lipstick. It's affordable, smooth, and long-wearing. It makes your lips look so plush and luscious.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

The fact that i have been wearing this lipstick non-stop lately tells me that i honestly looooove it. It is a totally true, bright, red (olivish complexion) and looks totally....happy on me. Yeah, it transfers like CRAZY on anything you eat or drink, but this lipstick looks awesome as it fades; a slightly rich stain is left behind. No more drying or hydrating than any other drugstore lipstick. The upsides are: the shade, the smooth formula, and the way it fades from the lips. Try it if it is ever on sale.

on 9/8/2014 8:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I bought this lipstick with the hopes that I've finally found a red that matches to my skin tone. Unfortunately while it did match, less than an hour passed before it started flaking off. Stay away from water and foods while wearing this lipstick because after eating, you wont be wearing lipstick anymore. A nice lipstick if you have time to touch up very often.

on 8/23/2014 3:33:00 AM

It's a lovely color, stays well, and it does not dry out lips. It's an orange red, not a blue-red, which looks best with my skin tone. Overall it's a great matte lipstick, it's just not for me. I'd recommend.

This was my favorite lipstick for a long time! I still wear it occasionally. It is longlasting, comfortable on the lips, not too drying, etc. Works great with ELF's matte rich red pencil as a liner. I often see this compared to Revlon's 'Really red' matte, but in my experience this lippie is superior in color, texture, wear time, smell, and even packaging. It doesn't fade, bleed, crack, or anything like that! Two thumbs up.

on 3/29/2014 7:05:00 PM

I picked this up, trying to replicate that red, red lip from "Snow White and the Huntsman." Unfortunately, I think the fluorescent lights at Target tripped me up, because this did not seem true red when I got home; it seems rather coral-y on my complexion. I may use it up as a stain, but the actual color is a bit garish on me so the search continues.

on 2/21/2014 6:56:00 PM

Rich, classic orange-red matte lipstick with heavy pigment and good staying power(4+ hours with minimal fading on the inner lip). Gorgeous, deep and bold, though a very specific and firey color that might disagree with other reds you are wearing if they're of some other hue. Nice and velvety with smooth application and feathering doesn't seem to be an issue for me. I have very fair skin, and this was my go-to lipstick before I got Nyx's Perfect Red Matte Lipstick(which I love love love, definitely go look at that one if you're hunting for classic reds.)

I wouldn't recommend this as a lip stain, seeing as you can accidentally bump your lips and get some lipstick on your hands if you're not paying attention. I'm a fan of going all the way and putting this right onto my lips with lip liner or only dabbing my finger on the tip and rubbing the color onto my favorite chapstick.

I will say that there is quite a lot of a perfume scent, which is vaguely grapefruit-y and play-doh-y in this one, odd as that sounds. I don't notice the smell a few minutes after the lipstick has been applied, so I don't imagine that being a problem, even for you sensitive folks who can't stand very odorous lip products.

My one big gripe, and hence the loss of one little lippie, is that this tends to sometimes cause some residue on the inner lip that you'll occasionally need to peel off or dab away(kind of gross, but the pros outweigh the cons here.) I'd just advise you feel/check in the mirror every so often so that you don't start looking like you have sticky stuff on your lips, which usually is not a look people go for on purpose.

As for the packaging, cute, cute, cute! I found the cap was a bit loose, though I haven't had any lipstick accidents in my purse thus far. Good lipstick, very dependable. I'm pleased with it.

Popular Lipsticks