November 24, 2014 | 1617 users online

Moisturizers - Josie Maran Cosmetics - Protect and Perfect Argan Moisturizer SPF 40

rated 4 of 5 on 10/20/2014 5:00:00 PM More reviews by jessae

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like this. I got it with the QVC TSV and I have it on autodelivery. I use this so much more than I thought I would, almost every day. It is a little dark for me (NW20) but my face is always lighter than my body so I take it down to my neck and it blends in fine. I also set it with powder, because it can be pretty shiny if I don't. So if I use a lighter colored powder that seems to even things out nicely.

Pros:
Very moisturizing
Smells good (kind of like watermelon? Not a strong smell)
Pretty good coverage! Gives me an even, natural-looking skin tone
Doesn't accentuate pores or lines (most foundations do on me!)
Great sunscreen, I feel very protected when I wear it
Big bottle, should last a long time
Easy to apply (I just pump it on my fingers and spread it around)

Cons
Kind of hard to find (I don't think it's sold separately, I haven't seen it anywhere other than on this TSV)
A little dark, wish they had a few shades to choose from

Um... That's it! I love it! I was thinking about skipping my next autodelivery next month because I haven't used the other products as much, but it's worth it just for this one.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2013 4:11:00 PM More reviews by alison_k

This is advertised as a tinted moisturizer with a high SPF. It only comes in one shade, which makes it unwearable for a whole lot of us fair girls. I have fairly pale skin, In any cosmetic range I normally wear the palest or 2nd palest shade in foundations. This Josie Maran product is much much darker than my natural skin color, so much so that when applying this I have to apply a layer to my neck and chest, and sometimes my arms also in order to avoid an obvious line where the product ends. It is a fairly runny product also, and spreads easily so there is no tugging at the skin to apply this. It does have fragrance which irritates my skin (I have a rash which I think was caused by a reaction to the fragrance) but I am not entirely sure if it was this or another ingredient which I am allergic to. I only gave this a 2 out of 5 for the high SPF which is always needed, and also for the coverage. It does cover quite well, I only need to wear concealer over the top of this in order to look polished. However, this does leave my face looking ridiculously shiny, which bothers me since I can't stand to be so shiny! It comes in a nice brown glass bottle with pump so I don't have any issues with the packaging. I won't buy this again, even if it was brought out in paler shades. I will try the untinted version next though, as my main issue with this moisturizer is the dark color.