Josie Maran Cosmetics Protect and Perfect Argan Moisturizer SPF 40

3.2

on 8/12/2015 3:13:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I absolutely love the non-tinted version of this stuff, but I wanted something that had a bit more coverage and gave me some warmth (the non-tinted stuff does not give me a white cast and actually looks great for a sunscreen). I am very fair, but I don't find it too dark. I put it on and my aunt said that my skin looked like "porcelain" and I definitely didn't find it to be remotely orange on me. It finishes like an amazing foundation and I've had nothing but compliments on it. (Maybe I'm not as fair as I thought because it's clearly not working for some fair-skinned ladies on here.)

I'll probably still wear my HG Tarte Amazonian Clay BB Tinted Moisturizer (SPF 20) regularly and wear this when I know I'll be out in the sun a bit longer. For comparison, the lightest shade of Tarte's BB TM almost looks yellow on me.

Packaging still mostly sucks. The pump is fine until you get toward the bottom and if I tossed this as soon as it stopped coming out of the pump, I'd lose a lot of product. Turning it upside down doesn't always work because it's so thick.

on 7/25/2015 8:36:00 AM

I really wanted to love this and it is my first Josie Maran purchase. I was worried about it being shiny and it was, initially. But that dissipated pretty quickly. I've seen complaints about the color but I have a medium complexion so that worked for me. It does have light coverage and it's fine as a tinted moisturizer. I usually wear it by itself on the weekends and under my makeup on workdays. My main problem with it is how difficult it is to spread. It doesn't go on smoothly and I feel like I have to use too much product. Although I bought the super size and Josie stated it would last a year, I have my doubts. Perhaps the ingredients are better for my skin than my usual HG Garnier Skin Perfetor; but because of the tackiness and the price, I probably will not repurchase.

on 6/30/2015 3:34:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

This comes in only one color and does not contain color matching pigments. I'm very fair and this does not work for me and leaves me looking a little orange. The product goes on smoothly, smells nice, and feels good. It's very shiny at first, but a little powder will knock out the shine. It's a physical sunscreen and definitely doesn't leave a white cast for me because it's too busy making me look like I got a bad fake tan. If you are Light-Medium, this would probably work well. I'm sad that it only comes in the one color, as women come in many colors and Josie does use chameleon pigments in her other products.

This product is limited edition and only available in May and June each year on QVC.com.

I knocked 3 lipsticks off because one size does NOT fit all.

on 10/20/2014 5:00:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really like this. I got it with the QVC TSV and I have it on autodelivery. I use this so much more than I thought I would, almost every day. It is a little dark for me (NW20) but my face is always lighter than my body so I take it down to my neck and it blends in fine. I also set it with powder, because it can be pretty shiny if I don't. So if I use a lighter colored powder that seems to even things out nicely.

Pros:
Very moisturizing
Smells good (kind of like watermelon? Not a strong smell)
Pretty good coverage! Gives me an even, natural-looking skin tone
Doesn't accentuate pores or lines (most foundations do on me!)
Great sunscreen, I feel very protected when I wear it
Big bottle, should last a long time
Easy to apply (I just pump it on my fingers and spread it around)

Cons
Kind of hard to find (I don't think it's sold separately, I haven't seen it anywhere other than on this TSV)
A little dark, wish they had a few shades to choose from

Um... That's it! I love it! I was thinking about skipping my next autodelivery next month because I haven't used the other products as much, but it's worth it just for this one.

on 4/10/2013 4:11:00 PM

This is advertised as a tinted moisturizer with a high SPF. It only comes in one shade, which makes it unwearable for a whole lot of us fair girls. I have fairly pale skin, In any cosmetic range I normally wear the palest or 2nd palest shade in foundations. This Josie Maran product is much much darker than my natural skin color, so much so that when applying this I have to apply a layer to my neck and chest, and sometimes my arms also in order to avoid an obvious line where the product ends. It is a fairly runny product also, and spreads easily so there is no tugging at the skin to apply this. It does have fragrance which irritates my skin (I have a rash which I think was caused by a reaction to the fragrance) but I am not entirely sure if it was this or another ingredient which I am allergic to. I only gave this a 2 out of 5 for the high SPF which is always needed, and also for the coverage. It does cover quite well, I only need to wear concealer over the top of this in order to look polished. However, this does leave my face looking ridiculously shiny, which bothers me since I can't stand to be so shiny! It comes in a nice brown glass bottle with pump so I don't have any issues with the packaging. I won't buy this again, even if it was brought out in paler shades. I will try the untinted version next though, as my main issue with this moisturizer is the dark color.

Popular Moisturizers