October 2, 2014 | 1023 users online

Moisturizers - Josie Maran Cosmetics - Protect and Perfect Argan Moisturizer SPF 40

rated 2.0(1 review)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2013 4:11:00 PM More reviews by alison_k

This is advertised as a tinted moisturizer with a high SPF. It only comes in one shade, which makes it unwearable for a whole lot of us fair girls. I have fairly pale skin, In any cosmetic range I normally wear the palest or 2nd palest shade in foundations. This Josie Maran product is much much darker than my natural skin color, so much so that when applying this I have to apply a layer to my neck and chest, and sometimes my arms also in order to avoid an obvious line where the product ends. It is a fairly runny product also, and spreads easily so there is no tugging at the skin to apply this. It does have fragrance which irritates my skin (I have a rash which I think was caused by a reaction to the fragrance) but I am not entirely sure if it was this or another ingredient which I am allergic to. I only gave this a 2 out of 5 for the high SPF which is always needed, and also for the coverage. It does cover quite well, I only need to wear concealer over the top of this in order to look polished. However, this does leave my face looking ridiculously shiny, which bothers me since I can't stand to be so shiny! It comes in a nice brown glass bottle with pump so I don't have any issues with the packaging. I won't buy this again, even if it was brought out in paler shades. I will try the untinted version next though, as my main issue with this moisturizer is the dark color.