April 20, 2014 | 1018 users online

Blush - TheBalm - Instain - Arygle

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2014 5:48:00 PM More reviews by keiraellie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Pros:
+++Very, very, very pigmented! Be sure to sheer it out
++Perfect light pink. Very natural and works well with my medium skin tone
++Cutest packaging. I love how each in stain blush looks like a different magazine cover, making it easy to tell them apart (unlike Nars blushes with the same packaging for all the blushes). I cannot stress enough how much I adore the packaging. So unique and cute.
++Comes with a good mirror
+++6.5 grams. It will last me a very, very long time. I doubt I'll hit pan for years.

Cons:
-Cardboard packaging. May not look pretty down the road, but it doesn't bother me too much. I know some people cannot stand it.
-Magnetic closure. Some worry that magnetic makeup may open in purses. However, my solution is to keep the blush in the cover it comes with so it doesn't open.
-Priced at $22. This isn't much, but for a college student on a budget, it can be an indulgence.
-Doesn't come with a brush, which is fine for me because I like to choose my brush.

Overall, the pros are much, much greater than the cons. The cons seriously do not bother me at all, but just points to think about if you are considering buying this.

I highly, highly recommend this blush. I would repurchase over and over again, although I doubt I will need to because this will last me a lifetime.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2014 12:06:00 AM More reviews by graceybaby8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I first heard of the balm through a friend of mine who really loved their products. The Balm here in Canada is quite expensive in comparison the the USA. I think even with the sales in hautelook the shipping and handling adds up and I would still be paying regular price. Anyways, 2x a year london drugs here in Canada usually has a 30% off sale (the lowest the prices goes for thebalm here in Canada according to the sales person). So after waiting since this past summer I finally caved and bought some blushers, highlighters and eyeshadows. This blusher is $28 cdn original price.

Argyle is the perfect girly girl pink blushers. It's incredibly pigmented and you have be careful while applying this blusher... It can make you look like a clown if you're too heavy handed. On my NC30 skin it shows super well... I have to use my real techniques stippling brush to apply this because it's so vibrant with amazing colour payoff. You don't have to use much either. I think this colour would look great in girls and boys with pale skin, but it may not show up much on those with darker skintone.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2014 12:30:00 AM More reviews by LovelyStars

I love this color on my cheeks! i am quite fair and it gives me just the flush of color when nicely blended out!
this range of Instain products however do require quite a fair bit of blending!

try it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2014 8:09:00 PM More reviews by cutupangels78

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My HG blush! Lasts longer than any blush I've tried (I've tried many....) I prefer a powder blush (not cream or gel). The packaging is cute, too! I put on this blush in the morning and at the end of the day my cheeks are still rosy!!

I just ordered Lace (different pink)!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2013 1:14:00 PM More reviews by ImYourFavoriteDrug

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

This is pretty much the perfect pink blush for my fair, warm toned skin. This is the blush that got me back into pink blush!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2013 9:05:00 AM More reviews by fionavirginia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVE this blush. I bought this as recommended by a friend and chose Argyle because it is the most "natural" pink in the Instain line. It's supposed to work like a stain on the cheek but in powder formula, and because it is very pigmented, a little does go a long way and you have to be careful when applying them. It stays put all day & night. Lovely packaging, it is supposed to mimick the In Style mag cover, with a lovely different retro/gatsby lady on the cover of each shade, makes me love this even more. But then again, I always think that theBalm has the best packaging ever, it's fun, creative, definitely not boring. I'm a big fan of theBalm blushes (I own the Cabana Boy, Frat Boy, Hot Mama and Instain Toile other than this), I think the quality of the blushes is outstanding, and USD22 is definitely worth it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2013 8:58:00 PM More reviews by Chloeclover

OMG the packaging is the cutest on these new instain blushes! I purchased Arygle because it seems to be the most natural shade of pink. Like the older blushes, it is beautiful! It definitely stays put. It is very pigmented and a little does go a long way!!! This is a bit brighter than Down Boy. Love love love!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2013 7:25:00 PM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Extremely pigmented. Use a stippling brush or fan brush. Color is a perfect deep pink for summer. Packaging is light and easy to carry around (Burberry has won the hefty packaging award for me). If you need a blush to carry you through the day without fading or disappearing.. look no further.

I am very happy with my purchase and will be using it a lot on vacation when everything and anything fades -- I think this will pass the sweat test.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2013 2:28:00 PM More reviews by iheartowls55

I have NC25 skin, and I atually found this blush incredibly wearable. I think for fairer-skinned people, this is the most wearable blush of the instain collection.

It's a true pink shade, not quite as bright as "Lace" (which is the hot pink shade). Warning: These blushes are PIGMENTED. And they STAIN. Like, seriously. You want to be careful. It's great for me, because I have problems with my blush staying all day, and I really need something long-wearing.

For sure, these blushes work best with a light hand. I always use a stipple brush to apply. I think if you're having trouble with these blushes, you should try that over a typical blush brush. Your average angled brush is just going to pick up too much concentrated product, so choose something like a dual-fibre brush to help with that.

The packaging on this is lovely, and it's "argyle," just as the name suggests. It's a small cardboard square with a magnetic closure like the other theBalm blushes.

YOU SHOULD GET IF: You want long-wearing blushes, you have trouble getting blushes to show up on your skin (I think any of these blushes will be incredible on darker skin), you love theBalm's formula

YOU SHOULD NOT GET IF: You don't like super-pigmented blushes, you have trouble blending products, you don't need a long-wearing blush

These are $22 right now, which is pricey, because they're the newest items from the company. You can probably get them cheaper later on HauteLook, so be on the lookout for that. I got them on theBalm's 50% off sale on their website a few weeks ago, and it was a great deal.

If you're on the fence, try one (especially on sale)! I was very, very happy, and I'd repurchase (but I don't think I'll ever have to-because this baby will last forever). Another hit from theBalm!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2013 7:04:00 PM More reviews by AlyK89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Argyle is a very bright pink blush. It is very different from the swatch on TheBalms site, it looks nothing like that! I was a little disappointed when it arrived because it was no wear near the color they swatched it as. However, is it a nice blush.

It is extremely pigmented and you must must use a very light hand with very very little product. You might think you aren't using much and it's still too much. So be careful when applying! It blends well for me if I use the proper amount, but if you use too much, you will likely have to use a makeup remover to get it off (it does seem to stain; it wont rub off without makeup wipes). This might make some people afraid of it, but on the plus side, the product is going to last you forever.

The packaging is adorable, it is housed in a cardboard container with a magnetic flip-top that also contains a mirror.

I got this 50% off, and the original price is $22.00. This seems a little steep, however, as I said, it's going to last you a very very long time. $11.00 was a steal.

Overall, I wouldn't buy THIS color again, but I would buy another color. Very good quality blush. Adorable packaging.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No