December 27, 2014 | 994 users online

Blush - TheBalm - Instain Blush in Argyle

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2014 10:30:00 AM More reviews by snoepje

Ooooh this is the cutest little blush! I bought it on a makeup-buying-rampage and do not regret it. The colour is this adorable slightly peachy girly pink, and it makes my cheeks give off a healthy rosy glow. You really don't need much of the stuff; I lightly pat my angled blush brush in it a couple times, tap off the excess, and then sweep it across my cheeks. It's so pigmented, you really don't need more. You also get sooo much product for your money; I'd buy it again but I don't think I'll ever have to! All in all it's good stuff, I really enjoy the Instains by theBalm and will definitely look out for other colours when I can no longer resist the inevitable urge to buy more unnecessary beauty products.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2014 12:46:00 AM More reviews by miafrush

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

At first I did not care for this blusher because it has alot of fallout when dipping your brush in the pan. With that said it is a very lovely shade of light pink that goes on and blends very nicely. These in stain blushes really do last all day and for that reason I will continue to keep these in my collection and wear often. These are all cruelty free and do not contain any animal ingredients.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2014 5:48:00 PM More reviews by keiraellie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Pros:
+++Very, very, very pigmented! Be sure to sheer it out
++Perfect light pink. Very natural and works well with my medium skin tone
++Cutest packaging. I love how each in stain blush looks like a different magazine cover, making it easy to tell them apart (unlike Nars blushes with the same packaging for all the blushes). I cannot stress enough how much I adore the packaging. So unique and cute.
++Comes with a good mirror
+++6.5 grams. It will last me a very, very long time. I doubt I'll hit pan for years.

Cons:
-Cardboard packaging. May not look pretty down the road, but it doesn't bother me too much. I know some people cannot stand it.
-Magnetic closure. Some worry that magnetic makeup may open in purses. However, my solution is to keep the blush in the cover it comes with so it doesn't open.
-Priced at $22. This isn't much, but for a college student on a budget, it can be an indulgence.
-Doesn't come with a brush, which is fine for me because I like to choose my brush.

Overall, the pros are much, much greater than the cons. The cons seriously do not bother me at all, but just points to think about if you are considering buying this.

I highly, highly recommend this blush. I would repurchase over and over again, although I doubt I will need to because this will last me a lifetime.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2014 12:06:00 AM More reviews by graceybaby8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I first heard of the balm through a friend of mine who really loved their products. The Balm here in Canada is quite expensive in comparison the the USA. I think even with the sales in hautelook the shipping and handling adds up and I would still be paying regular price. Anyways, 2x a year london drugs here in Canada usually has a 30% off sale (the lowest the prices goes for thebalm here in Canada according to the sales person). So after waiting since this past summer I finally caved and bought some blushers, highlighters and eyeshadows. This blusher is $28 cdn original price.

Argyle is the perfect girly girl pink blushers. It's incredibly pigmented and you have be careful while applying this blusher... It can make you look like a clown if you're too heavy handed. On my NC30 skin it shows super well... I have to use my real techniques stippling brush to apply this because it's so vibrant with amazing colour payoff. You don't have to use much either. I think this colour would look great in girls and boys with pale skin, but it may not show up much on those with darker skintone.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2014 12:30:00 AM More reviews by LovelyStars

I love this color on my cheeks! i am quite fair and it gives me just the flush of color when nicely blended out!
this range of Instain products however do require quite a fair bit of blending!

try it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2014 8:09:00 PM More reviews by cutupangels78

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My HG blush! Lasts longer than any blush I've tried (I've tried many....) I prefer a powder blush (not cream or gel). The packaging is cute, too! I put on this blush in the morning and at the end of the day my cheeks are still rosy!!

I just ordered Lace (different pink)!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2013 1:14:00 PM More reviews by ImYourFavoriteDrug

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

This is pretty much the perfect pink blush for my fair, warm toned skin. This is the blush that got me back into pink blush!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2013 9:05:00 AM More reviews by fionavirginia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVE this blush. I bought this as recommended by a friend and chose Argyle because it is the most "natural" pink in the Instain line. It's supposed to work like a stain on the cheek but in powder formula, and because it is very pigmented, a little does go a long way and you have to be careful when applying them. It stays put all day & night. Lovely packaging, it is supposed to mimick the In Style mag cover, with a lovely different retro/gatsby lady on the cover of each shade, makes me love this even more. But then again, I always think that theBalm has the best packaging ever, it's fun, creative, definitely not boring. I'm a big fan of theBalm blushes (I own the Cabana Boy, Frat Boy, Hot Mama and Instain Toile other than this), I think the quality of the blushes is outstanding, and USD22 is definitely worth it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2013 8:58:00 PM More reviews by Chloeclover

OMG the packaging is the cutest on these new instain blushes! I purchased Arygle because it seems to be the most natural shade of pink. Like the older blushes, it is beautiful! It definitely stays put. It is very pigmented and a little does go a long way!!! This is a bit brighter than Down Boy. Love love love!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2013 7:25:00 PM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Extremely pigmented. Use a stippling brush or fan brush. Color is a perfect deep pink for summer. Packaging is light and easy to carry around (Burberry has won the hefty packaging award for me). If you need a blush to carry you through the day without fading or disappearing.. look no further.

I am very happy with my purchase and will be using it a lot on vacation when everything and anything fades -- I think this will pass the sweat test.