August 20, 2014 | 996 users online

Liquid - Cover Girl - Queen Collection All Day Flawless 3-in-1

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2014 11:44:00 PM More reviews by almondeyed88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This foundation came out around the same time as the Revlon Nearly Naked and I ended up getting the Revlon one due to claims of it being lightweight. That was such a bad decision. I'm so glad I eventually got this foundation

On to the review.. So this foundation is supposed to be a powder, primer, and foundation all rolled into one. It also has spf 20. I definitely agree to the claims. I was definitely scared of this foundation when I kept reading reviews that compared it to Revlon Colorstay. I do not like wearing foundations that you can feel or that are super full coverage. I am into medium coverage foundations that can be sheered out or built up if necessary. What I like about Covergirl Outlast is that its light and almost runny. You cannot feel it on the skin. It's quite buildable as well. One pump is medium coverage. While it gives good coverage and makes your skin looks flawless, it still has a natural look to it. It also is great at making your skin look perfect even if you have blemishes. My other fav oil controlling foundation, Clinique Stay Matte, only looks good if your skin is pretty decent. It emphasizes bumps and ridges and doesn't look flattering.

I have oily skin and it gives an natural matte finish. I would say in between natural matte and demi matte. So it's not a flat matte but it also isnt luminous like a demi matte. It's long wearing and it controls oil surprisingly good. I probably blot twice a day and this is in Texas heat which is pretty humid and where 95 degrees is a good day lol. Clinique Stay Matte was my fav foundation for my oily skin but Covergirl Outlast has it beat. It lasts longer and keeps me matte longer. The Clinique is great if you want a longwearing oil controlling foundation without spf. I would wear the Clinique for occasions where pictures are being taken. It's still a great foundation for oily skin but I notice I have to blot more when I wear it. I wear 810 Classic Bronze (olive with a bit of yellow undertones) in winter, and 815 Brulee (golden with a bit of red undertones) in summer. I am a NC45 that is more neutral and tends to be more olive in winter and more golden in summer. Brulee is a close match for Creamy Caramel in the Clinique Stay Matte range but its a tad bit more red.

I absolutely love this foundation! I definitely agree when people compare it to a higher end foundation. Im really impressed with the quality of it. I had been looking for a drugstore foundation for oily skin but I didn't want to use Colorstay since its so heavy and Im also acne prone. I also love that it has a pump but I notice when you get close to halfway, the pump starts to act up and not work as well. If you have oily skin and want a foundation that provides buildable medium coverage, longwearing, and looks natural and feels lightweight, this foundation is for you!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2014 12:25:00 PM More reviews by purpleicefairy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Arguably my favorite foundation. It easily matches or beats out the high-end foundations I have tried. The color selection and undertones are fantastic for deeper skinned ladies. I wear Classic Bronze and it has a great olive/yellow undertone that matches me perfectly. The consistency is creamy and easy to blend, coverage is great, has a beautiful natural satin finish, and lasts all day long even in heat and humidity while still looking great. The pump makes it easy to dispense as well. My skin looks wonderfully creamy yet natural, and is perfect for day or night occasions. It is a bit pricey for a drugstore foundation but I feel the $9-$10 I pay for it is well worth it. Definitely a must try, especially for women of color!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2014 1:25:00 PM More reviews by taliahtyra1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I LOVE THIS FOUNDATION! It is the perfect color match and it has the perfect coverage! Its been always hard for me to find my perfect match with foundations because I have a very weird complexion, so I just decided to give this a try since it is made for various of colors for dark skin. I am in Almond Glow (Q840). The coverage is phenomenal, it is medium to full. I am in very need of full coverage because I have a great deal of hyperpigmentation from acne scars, and when I say my face is flawless after applying this, I mean my face is like seriously BEAT! It lasted all I have class about 9 in the morning it don't make it home to about 11 at night and it looks exactly the same, but you have to consider what primer you use as well. The consistency is not so thick it has a nice feel. My very first time applying this was a little difficult because it dries very quickly and I wasn't working fast enough so my face was patchy (applied with a stippling brush) I do think it would be better to apply with like a beauty blender though. Yet, the next day I tried it out I worked faster and received a even full coverage, and I used about two full pumps. Most say its a dupe for the Kat Von D foundation, but my personal opinion I believe its better because it doesn't dry your face out like the Kat Von D does

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2014 11:20:00 AM More reviews by happynappy1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is only my second day wearing this foundation but Iím reviewing it anyway Ö Keep reading for the reason.

Pros: Great price point and availability. It is long-wearing and the color 865 (True Ebony) is perhaps one of the most spot on matches for my NW50 skin since Ö NW50 (which, honestly, leans too cool.) It doesnít look masky but it is definitely full coverage. Iím afraid of what those who donít think this is full coverage enough usually wear. If you have drier skin, there is no need to powder this at all. It truly does dry down to a ďsetĒ finish, just as advertised. The pump is also fantastic. Gives you just enough.
Cons: So hereís why Iím reviewing this now: I will never, ever wear this stuff again. Two hours into wear and I swear my face feels like itís wearing a latex glove. This has got to be the most uncomfortable foundation Iíve ever worn. And I double-moisturized this morning: La Roche Posay Riche over jojoba oil. My face is still uncomfortably tight with this on. Oily skin ladies, this is your product. The rest of us must look elsewhere

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2013 1:49:00 PM More reviews by Phoenix761

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Tried this foundation. I got the wrong shade, but it's amazing. I think teh texture is comparable to MAC Studiofix fluid. It gives full coverage, but can be sheered out if you know what you are doing. It has a soft matte finish. I would reccomend using a primer or moisterizer, with a very thin, smooth texture, under this. Primer is not needed with this foundation as it lasts absolutely ALL DAY.
However, primer would chenge the way it might wear under the eyes for some. Everyones underyeye area is different, and not due to age. It's a skin issue. Anyway, it would transform this foundation into something like Lancome's Teint Miracle, without the drying alcohol. Perfect.
Primer choice will be different for everyone depepnding on skin type. The primer need not be expensive. You will know it when you find it and try it with the foundation. This foundation is excellent. It feels very lightweight on the skin. I never noticed I had it on. I did however experience the slightest of cracks along my smile line.....so slight as to be unnoticeable. But this is where the primer comes in.
The shade range is extensive. The only thing to watch out for are the undertones, which can make you choose the wrong shade. I got the wrong shade, and stopped using it for a while. After some careful reviewing, I see where I went wrong. But anyone should be able to find a match. It's worth it, and I will be going back to this formula in the future.
I feel that if MAC Studiofix fluid in NC 45 is just right, but too orange/yellow/warm, then try Classic Bronze. Brulee in this foundation is pretty much an exact match for NC45 in the Studiofix. I have worn Classic Bronze in the Oil-Free Moisterizing foundation, (also Covergirl Queen), and I should've chosen that one first. In the CGQueen Compact foundation, the Classic Bronze was too ashy/pale on me, and this may have been why I bought a different shade first. Classic Bronze is more neutral, very little red or yellow. My skin is more light olive. Not too much red or yellow, and if i'm tired I just look washed out.
So there are tons of shades, and the undertone will make the difference. You only need a little for full coverage. One bottle should last a long time. The price is
excellent, around 10$. The pump packaging is everthing we want in a bottle.
HIGH QUALITY, HIGH QUALITY......worth finding a shade match in. For fairer ladies, this formula is the exact same formula as the Covergirl Outlast 3 n 1 foundation.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2013 12:05:00 AM More reviews by asyafrench

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So I bought this product on a whim and found I love it. I bought it at target for $9.98. I have dry to normal skin and the foundation is hydrating ,medium to full coverage and build able. Broad spectrum of colors I can wear almond glow , and warm caramel . Comes in a glass bottle with a pump. (A+ for the pump) all in all my favorite drugstore foundation,

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2013 11:27:00 AM More reviews by michellerodgerscts

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ive been researching this product for weeks as a result of all of the buzz that I have heard about it the last few months. A few minutes ago, I went into CVS and purhased what I thought was my shade (for reference: MAC Face and Body N7, Maybelline SuperStay Caramel, Revlon ColorStay Whipped Caramel, MAC Pro Longwear NC50, Illamasqua Skinbase 15, MAC Studio Tint Moisturizer Deep Dark, MAC Studio Tech NC45, Milani Cream to Powder Spiced Almond...and thats literally my entire Makeup Collection of things I wear regularly lol)...Q825. I saw that there was a mirror close by and I pumped a bit out, rubbed it on my forhead and jawline. Then a store associate came over, and I quickly put down the mirror and pretended like I didnt just use the product. I finished browsing the store, then walked back to my office. I immediately went into the bathroom to wash the product off my hands...looked in the mirror...and it looked like NOTHING on my skin, I couldnt even tell where I put the product. This is important to me, because I only apply foundation on my cheeks (where I have VERY minor hyperpigmentation, and bc my skin is a bit lighter there from regular exfoliation). I do not apply makeup on my forehead...so for me to look in the mirror and see NOTHING and on spots where I dont usually apply makeup is big for me. I prefer a light coverage (I usually use a beauty blender, a flat top brush, or fingers to apply foundation on myself and my clients)...and this seems to do the trick...the true test is wear-ability...which I plan to fully test this weekend.

Initial results were AMAZING, I will update once the weekend is over. I have never used a CoverGirl foundation, and I am obsessed with finding reasonably priced high-quality items...this may be a winner.

UPDATE: So I have worn this off and on for about 2 weeks. I have worked out in this makeup and spent a lot of time outside, and at work...I do have to say that I am really enjoying this. I think that it is a bit darker than my Maybelline SuperStay, Revlon ColorStay Whipped, and Garnier BB Cream...so I think that this shade is perfect for summer. Do I think it is any better than anything else that I use? I really like the way that the 3 previous foundation products blend into the skin...so I would say it's about the same...but it is a contender...I will continue to use throughout the summer, I am not sure if I would repurchase.

FINAL UPDATE: So overall, I am in love. It covers nicely, blends like a dream, can easily be layered (when I wear this foundation I do not usually use an under eye concealer, I just layer this product under my eyes then set with BenNye Luxury Powder in Olive Sand), and keeps me from getting oily for most of the day. I am not a primer girl at all...and I can wear this foundation for an easy 10+ hours doing any activity (sitting or working out in the gym) and I only need to blot once with a paper towel and it does not affect my application. My coverage is great...we are now in November and the shade I use still matches my skin perfectly. Also, I find myself reaching for this foundation more than others because of the quality, and the price. It also travels like a dream...the pump locks, and it's a small bottle...I usually bring this foundation with my Garnier BB Cream and those cover all of my skin/foundation needs. Something that makes this a little different than other products...you can continuously blend this into the skin to create an extremely natural look (not makeup) but you are not sacrificing coverage...a lot of other products, the mor you blend the more of the product you are taking away (I find this to be true with most BB cream, tinted moisturizers and LIGHT foundations)...but not with this...if anything the coverage gets even better. So yes...I will continue to buy this product...it's not often that there are foundations in this color that offer this many benefits.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/30/2013 10:32:00 PM More reviews by periwinkle92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am in love with this foundation! For a reference, I am a NC45 in MAC studio fluid fix which I actually find to be too light but whatever. I bought this foundation for my 21st birthday because the one I was using (Revlon Nearly Naked in Chestnut) was washing me out in photos probably because of it's SPF content. I bought this because of the rave YouTube reviews and I have to say it is pretty great. I bought the color Toffee. While it does still have SPF like the NN I think it looks better because the color matches my skin better(although NN is still close!)
It is all that it says to be: a concealer, foundation, and powder. It dries to a powder rather quickly. Coverage is medium in my opinion which makes it somewhat difficult to cover my hyper pigmentation (why I deducted a lippie because it SAYS it conceals). Also, MOISTURIZING well is a necessity because skin can look dry without it.

Overall, GREAT foundation (better than MAC in my opinion)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2013 1:52:00 PM More reviews by Nubianbeauty90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Deep Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this product! I have combo/oily skin and this has been awesome for me! The price isn't bad, I usually have a coupon. It's hard for me to match what color I am because I'm an nw45 in mac but spicy brown is a little too red when it oxidizes. So I bought sheer espresso and it matches but seems not to have enough red. But both match in pictures, it's the weirdest thing! So I tried the soft sable from the regular line and I think that matches nicely! Either way, I love the formula of the foundation and will continue to repurchase! Please don't discontinue!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/19/2013 8:40:00 AM More reviews by houstontexas

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I gave it a three because I absolutely LOVE the match that it gave me...while I find NC50 for MAC to be too dark, and NC45 to be too light causing me to have to mix the two, this cover girl foundation gave me the perfect match with just one bottle, golden honey. It blends in my caramel skin perfectly...

Now that I've given you the good, here comes the ugly....it's really heavy like I can just feel it sitting on top of my face. Not only that but it makes my face itch as well as burn...I had a bad reaction to it where my face broke out really bad then started to peel. So this definitely is not the foundation for my skin type :(

If you have sensitive skin, I would not recommend this product.