December 21, 2014 | 1837 users online

Liquid - Cover Girl - Queen Collection All Day Flawless 3-in-1

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2014 12:35:00 AM More reviews by loveintheasylum

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I want to say it's about flipping time there was a makeup line for AA women that was of reasonable price and had great color matching. The IMAN line is a good one but a bit spendy for me, unfortunately. Now, I love my Revlon CS but it was a pain to mix colors and I worried about it going bad because of lack of a pump - enter Covergirl Queen foundation. I was so excited I could pee, an array of different shades? Reasonably priced? A pump? SOLD. After a bit of googling, cross checking on here and more cross checking, I was pretty sure my color was Q825 Golden Honey because I (thought) I was NC 45 and GH=NC 45. Much to my delight there was a CG Queen display in my supermarket, but I eating came first, so I waited until I had more $ and ordered mines from Amazon for much cheaper (under $9). Got it and did the swatch test: jaw, forehead and chest with flash on my camera..and no. Golden Honey turned up ashy on my skin, it had more yellow and turns out my skin has more red in it despite the coming autumn and winter months where we get "paler". Amazon was cool to refund me and send me another; they didnt understand so they sent me the same shade, and I quickly kiboshed that and did more research to my true shade. It was like goldilocks until I got to shade Q840 Almond Glow. Ordered that and I figure if that didn't match, back to Revlon CS and mixing. Did the swatch test on the usual places and hoped for the best. Went to do something and forgot I had it on, then remembered and checked...'where'd it go??' It blended in PERFECTLY. We had a winner. Was so confident with it, I took it on Thanksgiving holiday with me to PA. My girlfriend and I played in our respective makeup one night, and after giving it sometime to settle on my face, I was flaw-less. It didnt feel heavy or "mask-y" on my face, no crazy oxidation, no magnifying my pores, no breaking out or anything terrible that I assume would happen. Besides the "stressful" journey to find the right color, I have no complaints. Definite rebuy, thanks Queen Latifah!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2014 12:59:00 PM More reviews by LexiClarice

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is, just maybe, THE perfect foundation for WOC. It really keeps me matte, has the perfect range of shades, is buildable, not heavy, DOES NOT REQUIRE A POWDER, and looks natural to the face. l don't typically wear foundations with this much coverage (medium to full) so I like to sheer this out with a bit of light moisturizer and a little under a full pump of product using fingers to blend in. love to try different foundations but this one is perfect for everyday. It doesn't make me radiate, glow, or give an appearance of overall health to the skin, like my UD, Chanel, or Buxom, but it does exactly what it says it's going to do... Give you a flawless face. That it does well and it's "economical" to boot. I wear shade "Amber Glow" Q805. Highly recommend to all WOC.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2014 5:19:00 PM More reviews by godpsent

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Deep Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Black

I may have already done a review but I just want to say this is great especially for oily skin. No need to set in mild weather. Wonderful color range. Drier skin ladies may want to mix in a BB or something. But I lurvesss it so much. Please don't go away!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2014 8:13:00 PM More reviews by Kwashington30

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I can't believe I found a drugstore foundation that I love! This stuff is amazing I normally use Mac Face & Body or Nars Sheer Glow. I was so skeptical but a few of my co workers talked me into it. Best 10 bucks ever spent. I always get so oily in my t zone but not with this. I can go all day without getting oily and having to blot or reapply!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2014 7:46:00 AM More reviews by AnaPana

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

I cannot begin to describe how much i love this foundation! It came along at just the right time when i was at my wits end trying to find a good foundation that not only matched my skin tone, but did all the things i needed it to do. Before this foundation, i was only using Revlon ColorStay for combo/oily skin, but i literally had to mix two shades to get my exact skin tone (this was before the days of Makeup Forever's Chromatic Mix).

Anyway, i bought it in Brulee, which is the perfect shade for my medium-brown skin with yellow undertones. The foundation has a great consistency. It buffs into the skin rather seamlessly with a brush and right away i noticed that it covered up what dark spots i had and really made my skin look even and natural. It's easily build-able if you need substantial coverage. And with this, i don't even use regular concealer (unless i'm trying to highlight around the cheeks or eyes, in which case, i like to use powdered highlighters). But otherwise, i leave it alone and go on with applying blush and eyeshadow ect.

It's also a great thing that it has SPF in it. It's hard for women of darker skin tones to find this in foundations. I know that the Revlon ColorStay combo/oily skin line does not offer it. However, i have heard of a few people claiming that it broke them out. I, however, have not had that experience to date, and i've been using this 3-in-1 foundation for a year now. The only way you'll know how you'll react to it is by testing it out. Since it has SPF, however, bear it in mind that it does have an expiration date on the back.

Anyway, the foundation dries to a silky matte finish that lacks the pastiness that some of the regular foundation lines can give you. And i find that it does last a really long time. Pair this up with the CG Queen pressed powder and you are golden!

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2014 11:44:00 PM More reviews by almondeyed88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This foundation came out around the same time as the Revlon Nearly Naked and I ended up getting the Revlon one due to claims of it being lightweight. That was such a bad decision. I'm so glad I eventually got this foundation

On to the review.. So this foundation is supposed to be a powder, primer, and foundation all rolled into one. It also has spf 20. I definitely agree to the claims. I was definitely scared of this foundation when I kept reading reviews that compared it to Revlon Colorstay. I do not like wearing foundations that you can feel or that are super full coverage. I am into medium coverage foundations that can be sheered out or built up if necessary. What I like about Covergirl Outlast is that its light and almost runny. You cannot feel it on the skin. It's quite buildable as well. One pump is medium coverage. While it gives good coverage and makes your skin looks flawless, it still has a natural look to it. It also is great at making your skin look perfect even if you have blemishes. My other fav oil controlling foundation, Clinique Stay Matte, only looks good if your skin is pretty decent. It emphasizes bumps and ridges and doesn't look flattering.

I have oily skin and it gives an natural matte finish. I would say in between natural matte and demi matte. So it's not a flat matte but it also isnt luminous like a demi matte. It's long wearing and it controls oil surprisingly good. I probably blot twice a day and this is in Texas heat which is pretty humid and where 95 degrees is a good day lol. Clinique Stay Matte was my fav foundation for my oily skin but Covergirl Outlast has it beat. It lasts longer and keeps me matte longer. The Clinique is great if you want a longwearing oil controlling foundation without spf. I would wear the Clinique for occasions where pictures are being taken. It's still a great foundation for oily skin but I notice I have to blot more when I wear it. I wear 810 Classic Bronze (olive with a bit of yellow undertones) in winter, and 815 Brulee (golden with a bit of red undertones) in summer. I am a NC45 that is more neutral and tends to be more olive in winter and more golden in summer. Brulee is a close match for Creamy Caramel in the Clinique Stay Matte range but its a tad bit more red.

I absolutely love this foundation! I definitely agree when people compare it to a higher end foundation. Im really impressed with the quality of it. I had been looking for a drugstore foundation for oily skin but I didn't want to use Colorstay since its so heavy and Im also acne prone. I also love that it has a pump but I notice when you get close to halfway, the pump starts to act up and not work as well. If you have oily skin and want a foundation that provides buildable medium coverage, longwearing, and looks natural and feels lightweight, this foundation is for you!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2014 12:25:00 PM More reviews by purpleicefairy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Arguably my favorite foundation. It easily matches or beats out the high-end foundations I have tried. The color selection and undertones are fantastic for deeper skinned ladies. I wear Classic Bronze and it has a great olive/yellow undertone that matches me perfectly. The consistency is creamy and easy to blend, coverage is great, has a beautiful natural satin finish, and lasts all day long even in heat and humidity while still looking great. The pump makes it easy to dispense as well. My skin looks wonderfully creamy yet natural, and is perfect for day or night occasions. It is a bit pricey for a drugstore foundation but I feel the $9-$10 I pay for it is well worth it. Definitely a must try, especially for women of color!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2014 1:25:00 PM More reviews by taliahtyra1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I LOVE THIS FOUNDATION! It is the perfect color match and it has the perfect coverage! Its been always hard for me to find my perfect match with foundations because I have a very weird complexion, so I just decided to give this a try since it is made for various of colors for dark skin. I am in Almond Glow (Q840). The coverage is phenomenal, it is medium to full. I am in very need of full coverage because I have a great deal of hyperpigmentation from acne scars, and when I say my face is flawless after applying this, I mean my face is like seriously BEAT! It lasted all I have class about 9 in the morning it don't make it home to about 11 at night and it looks exactly the same, but you have to consider what primer you use as well. The consistency is not so thick it has a nice feel. My very first time applying this was a little difficult because it dries very quickly and I wasn't working fast enough so my face was patchy (applied with a stippling brush) I do think it would be better to apply with like a beauty blender though. Yet, the next day I tried it out I worked faster and received a even full coverage, and I used about two full pumps. Most say its a dupe for the Kat Von D foundation, but my personal opinion I believe its better because it doesn't dry your face out like the Kat Von D does

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2014 11:20:00 AM More reviews by happynappy1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is only my second day wearing this foundation but Iím reviewing it anyway Ö Keep reading for the reason.

Pros: Great price point and availability. It is long-wearing and the color 865 (True Ebony) is perhaps one of the most spot on matches for my NW50 skin since Ö NW50 (which, honestly, leans too cool.) It doesnít look masky but it is definitely full coverage. Iím afraid of what those who donít think this is full coverage enough usually wear. If you have drier skin, there is no need to powder this at all. It truly does dry down to a ďsetĒ finish, just as advertised. The pump is also fantastic. Gives you just enough.
Cons: So hereís why Iím reviewing this now: I will never, ever wear this stuff again. Two hours into wear and I swear my face feels like itís wearing a latex glove. This has got to be the most uncomfortable foundation Iíve ever worn. And I double-moisturized this morning: La Roche Posay Riche over jojoba oil. My face is still uncomfortably tight with this on. Oily skin ladies, this is your product. The rest of us must look elsewhere

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2013 1:49:00 PM More reviews by Phoenix761

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Tried this foundation. I got the wrong shade, but it's amazing. I think teh texture is comparable to MAC Studiofix fluid. It gives full coverage, but can be sheered out if you know what you are doing. It has a soft matte finish. I would reccomend using a primer or moisterizer, with a very thin, smooth texture, under this. Primer is not needed with this foundation as it lasts absolutely ALL DAY.
However, primer would chenge the way it might wear under the eyes for some. Everyones underyeye area is different, and not due to age. It's a skin issue. Anyway, it would transform this foundation into something like Lancome's Teint Miracle, without the drying alcohol. Perfect.
Primer choice will be different for everyone depepnding on skin type. The primer need not be expensive. You will know it when you find it and try it with the foundation. This foundation is excellent. It feels very lightweight on the skin. I never noticed I had it on. I did however experience the slightest of cracks along my smile line.....so slight as to be unnoticeable. But this is where the primer comes in.
The shade range is extensive. The only thing to watch out for are the undertones, which can make you choose the wrong shade. I got the wrong shade, and stopped using it for a while. After some careful reviewing, I see where I went wrong. But anyone should be able to find a match. It's worth it, and I will be going back to this formula in the future.
I feel that if MAC Studiofix fluid in NC 45 is just right, but too orange/yellow/warm, then try Classic Bronze. Brulee in this foundation is pretty much an exact match for NC45 in the Studiofix. I have worn Classic Bronze in the Oil-Free Moisterizing foundation, (also Covergirl Queen), and I should've chosen that one first. In the CGQueen Compact foundation, the Classic Bronze was too ashy/pale on me, and this may have been why I bought a different shade first. Classic Bronze is more neutral, very little red or yellow. My skin is more light olive. Not too much red or yellow, and if i'm tired I just look washed out.
So there are tons of shades, and the undertone will make the difference. You only need a little for full coverage. One bottle should last a long time. The price is
excellent, around 10$. The pump packaging is everthing we want in a bottle.
HIGH QUALITY, HIGH QUALITY......worth finding a shade match in. For fairer ladies, this formula is the exact same formula as the Covergirl Outlast 3 n 1 foundation.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No