October 24, 2014 | 1376 users online

Makeup Brushes - Louise Young - LY43 face Blender Buffer Brush

rated 5.0(1 review)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2013 9:23:00 AM More reviews by daintydancer

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Slowly reviewing my stock of Louise Young brushes which I paid for, i'm a senior pro of 20+ years. I'm loving this whole line. As I was stocking up Sunday at UMU expo, A senior veteran of 30 years, in film, quoted, "THESE BRUSHES ARE THE DOG'S B******S, I have to agree. LY34 super foundation, is my baby.I have 2, for safety., Face buffer LY43, which I really put it to the test. I used it for buffing and circling both creams, and liquid foundations, both water and silicon based. I also used it on cream blush, highlighters. I even gave powder blush a go. It has great versatility The LY43 is very slightly domed, quite podgy. its quality is superb I've seem similar and imitations, but this is the best of the face blenders, that I have used. The ONE, great thing about getting. older is the years of knowledge and experience we gain. 20 years ago there was charles Fox and screen face, then Mac and shu uemura. Prior,to that It was hard work finding good brushes.Many reviews on MUA use Mac brush nos.as guide lines to compare, Of course I have my staple Mac brushes,the iconic 239 x 3. 219, 224 old version, 226 ltd edition, but the choice of brands now is amazing, Cozette, OCC, totally vegan, and a lot cheaper in the USA, The list is now endless. Huckodoodle, as I affectionately call them, are of the highest quality, like most Japanese brushes, but hell are they expensive.. That is why it is nice that we in the UK have another choice of excellent brushes, which are easily accessible. I have hundreds of brushes, yet still I added another 9 of these to my collection, all have lived up to my expectations, I'm a brush junkie, They are available on line or at Nordstrom now. Back in the day, I was taught to clean my brushes with a wipe of iso alcohol, lay them on their side. Wash thoroughly with baby shampoo, as needed. That is why I still have brushes 20 years on.
Always invest in good brushes, Upon building my kit, I would buy 1 quality brush a month, Ooh those were the days, no photo shop, no youtube, Louise Young is now adding concealers and lip sticks, some time in the future. WATCH THIS SPACE.