October 23, 2014 | 1307 users online

Styling Products - Bumble & Bumble - Thickening Full Form Mousse

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2014 11:38:00 AM More reviews by stilagrrrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I can only compare this to one other mousse I've tried (Fekkai Strong Hold Volume Mousse, which I think is discontinued) and I can say it's not as good. It gave my hair a tiny bit more volume than if I had used nothing, but not the volume I get from the Fekkai. Plus whatever oompf I do get is gone within a few hours - it definitely doesn't hold up all day. I love Bumble and Bumble but this was a miss for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/18/2014 2:05:00 AM More reviews by Bclancy

I rated this a 3, but in reality I give it a 3.5. I never seem to have much luck with mousses, they tend to make my hair feel really crunchy and matted. Or they flake. And usually, any volume I initially get from them after blow drying with my head upside down dissipates pretty much instantly. In fact, it it very hard for me to find volumizing products in general that give me any kind of lasting volume, and the few that do always seem to have other issues. This mousse is a bit better than the other mousses I've tried recently(Sexy Hair Concepts Root Pump Plus and Big Altitude. While the former gave me some volume, it was a crunchy flaky mess which I returned. The latter just kind of made my hair stick together in clumps. Not attractive.). This gave me more lift than Big Altitude, although not a lot more. It has a nicer, fluffier, more buoyant texture. And it made my hair less crunchy/icky. Still, any volume it gave me did not last particularly long even with the help of hairspray, dry texture and volume spray, etc. So it's not really worth bothering with for me. Since the volume doesn't last, I'd rather just not apply it at all. At least then I can keep my hair soft and touchable. I will not repurchase, I think there has to be something better out there. And the price is very high for such a small bottle. At least when you buy a bottle of Oribe for $35, it's 8 oz, a decent size. This stuff, at $29 is only 4 oz. And if I loved this mousse, it would get annoying because I would always be running out of product, which I hate regardless of the price.

EDIT: I can only give this a 3 after trying a much better mousse(Oribe Grandiose Plumping Mousse). I'm a product junkie though ;)

rated 1 of 5 on 7/23/2013 11:14:00 PM More reviews by cakemix

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm very surprised that this did absolutely NOTHING for my hair.
No full, No form, very little to nothing thickening. And... I used a fair amount and have used it three times so far plus a couple times after my hair was dried.

I have a fair amount left. I can return it BUT the place I got only gives store credit and it's
a store I don't often go to... It's Blue Mercury.
So if you want it...

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2013 3:40:00 PM More reviews by BeagleLab

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I hate to disrupt the perfect rating. But this stuff dries out my hair. Could be using too much, not sure. In any event, back to Sephora it goes. I have highlighted hair in a shag, so it is relatively healthy. But while this does add volume, it is far too drying for me. Back to Redken.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2013 6:25:00 AM More reviews by terrortwigg

In love with this. My stylist used this on my at my last appointment, and I was so impressed. Mad volume that lasts, and is really easy to freshen up the next day by blow drying. My hair is really fine, but I have a lot of it, so it can feel heavy. To use this I just work it into my roots (towel dried), then blow dry, trying to pull the hair up when I'm doing the roots. I highly recommend this, it's really worth the ridiculous price. Only one tiny complaint, if you use too much, which is easy to do, it really feels like there's product in your hair. Too much makes the roots look really matte (hopefully that makes sense), and kind of sticky, similar to a powder volumizer. Again, easily avoidable by not using too much.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2013 10:09:00 PM More reviews by saarahkb4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This stuff is bloody amazing. I have incredibly thin and fine hair, and a very oily scalp. In other words my hair usually looks like crap, and I had given up on styling products. After being given this I am converted. It keeps my hair full of body and looking so much thicker all day long. There are no stringy, sticky strands and my hair doesn't even look oily at the end of the day (which is a first). No other product has done this. I bought the thickening spray and it works brilliantly in conjunction with this. I wish I had had this a long time ago! I won't be without it.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2013 3:28:00 PM More reviews by missm88

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I was initially turned off when my stylist suggested this product, having been through the "mousse years" of the early 90's, but this is a fantastic, updated version of an old staple. This time around, there's no stringy strands, no sticky mess. The fragrance is also nice; it smells fresh/clean without interfering with my daily fragrance. It's a little pricey, but I only use about a nickel-sized amount and I think this can will last me a long time.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/12/2013 11:21:00 AM More reviews by bubbles1168

This new relationship wore off quickly, I am writing to update and change my review. This just didn't continue to have the great result I initially experienced. Main problem was the volume/thickening didn't last but half the day.

FABULOUS! After my favorite product was discontinued 7 years ago I have tried to find a product in this category that lives up to its claims. Too much time was spent searching for and "test driving" a product only to return it as a dismal failure. Many products that claim to "thicken" fall flat, and those that claim "volume" just fluff with an injection of air after initial styling and don't last. I just discovered MUA and tried several that are highly rated. They worked OK but seem tacky or dulled my long, fine brunette hair.After years, literally, of trying to find a non dulling product to add some heft, style control, and long lasting true thickening, I found it! Hallelujah. And this can be used on damp hair and dry at the roots the next day to revitalize if needed.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No