October 1, 2014 | 1202 users online

Moisturizers - Peter Thomas Roth - Camu Camu Power Cx30

rated 3 of 5 on 8/4/2014 4:54:00 PM More reviews by rhbrand

Well, I keep trying skin care and keep getting less that great results. This product was simply to rich for me. It was very thick and way to moisturising for my combo skin. And the pump on the bottle was bad. Just bad. I felt like I lost some of the product using it.
This might be a better product for someone with drier skin than mine, but it didn't work out for me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2014 3:51:00 PM More reviews by Hawko

I bought this as a kit with serum & creams. This cream is heavy & greasy, although I have dry skin I do not feel comfortable using it. Don't let the jar fool you, it has only 0.5 oz. of product in a container that easily fit 4-5 times of product.
The only good thing is the jar, it has the cream housed on a platform that pumps the products from a little opening which minimize the oxidation process.
I don't know if this products deliver results, since it doesn't provide a feel good sensation when I used it.
I already have other Vit C products that delivered results.
A definitely no buy again.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/13/2014 10:34:00 PM More reviews by pandamaru

Amazing product IF the pump doesn't break. For $95 at Sephora, you would want to scrape every drop out of the jar, right? Well, you can't. I've tried a knife, a screwdriver, a nail file and still I can't open the jar. The pump actually quit only halfway through the jar.

As a moisturizer, it definitely improved the quality and tone of my skin. Too bad I can't get at it any more.

Wouldn't buy again unless they changed the packaging.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2013 11:11:00 PM More reviews by keppele

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

So wonderful: My skin glows. My uneven coloring has faded.

But my wallet. My poor wallet.

If I ever have the money, I might consider buying this product again. But it didn't even last a month for me, and packaging seems to be a bit inefficient in delivering every drop of precious product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2013 2:18:00 PM More reviews by pinkydinkydo

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Expensive, but worth it. I love what vitamin C does to my skin!! But finding really good vitamin C products is difficult. This passed the test for sure. Doesn't burn, doesn't hang around on my skin, just takes a few minutes to soak in. AND I GET RESULTS..... smoother, glowier skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2013 2:44:00 PM More reviews by EmbalmerBabe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My first PTR moisturizer did not disappoint. The texture is nice
and seeps in well after massaging in. It does leave a bit of a shiny sheen on the skin. I would not say this is amazing for super dry skin, but for an added moisture boost with great nutrition for the skin with the high vitamin C content, it does a very remarkable job.This stuff smells amazing, a fresh citrus scent that is light and natural. Smell is a huge deal for me with products, it either has to be unscented, smell great naturally, or I can't use it. Nothing worse than a heavy scented, perfume-y moisturizer.
My only gripe is the packaging, you press the top to dispense the proper portion of moisturizer needed for your face, yes this is cool.
It oozes out of the top through a small opening that re covers it self after you press it. The PROBLEM is it is really wasteful packaging as it does not last long with regular use it stops working and you want to open the jar to get the rest of it out. Good luck this jar will NOT open. I was able to get it open through the top, it took a while & was not easy. I had several more generous applications in the jar! While the packaging is cool, its too expensive of a product for the consumer to not have access to every last bit. I would love to see a squeeze tube package!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2013 10:34:00 PM More reviews by FilipinaLuv

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I was about to give up on moisturizers because every moisturizer I've tried did nothing good for me, my face was still dry. I was looking around the sephora website for something similar to moisturizers then I came across the camu camu moisturizer. I decided to give it a try since the stuff it says it does sounded like the stuff I needed. So I went to sephora and bought myself one and wow best decision I've made!
It gave me moisture I needed, it lightened my face (I have uneven skintone) and it made my foundation hold more and look better. It's like a primer it made my foundation go on smoothly.
If I accidentally put too much it makes it look a bit greasy, so I always have to put less depending on how dry my skin is on that day.

Overall I love it & will keep buying.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2013 8:43:00 AM More reviews by MissusJones

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

I was a bit surprised not to have found any reviews for this product here on MUA.I have used 2 whole jars of this cream and I will continue to purchase it...that is pretty big news in my world because finding moisturizers I like is a nightmare!! First off, I love the texture. It feels almost sticky at first, but don't be put off by this. It turns velvety and glides over the face effortlessly. If you've used PTR's Un-wrinkle night, the texture is very similar to this product, except this cream is much more brightening. When I first began using it, I was NOT expecting to write a positive review because I found it sticky and SUPER shiny (not freshly moisturized shiny...I mean oil slick shiny!!)...HOWEVER, after some experimentation, I discovered I was using WAY too much at once. When I cut my use back to about half of a pump for my entire face, the results were lovely. I think it's best suited as a day cream, as it is very illuminating, not in a shimmery sort of way, but in a very healthy glow sort of way. I love the way my dull skin looks after I apply this...it definitely perks up my complexion! It does keep my dehydrated combo skin hydrated throughout the day without causing an oil spill on my t-zone, and it's not greasy at all. I haven't seen much in the way of wrinkle reduction, but that's not its intended purpose so I can't really complain. I find it perfectly suitable for an under primer moisturizer, and on days when I need extra hydration, it mixes well with my treatment oil. I also love the packaging. It's a jar, but when you pop the lid off, it's a pump mechanism that allows you to get every last bit of product out so there is no waste and its very sanitary. It's also packaged this way so the ingredients don't break down from exposure to light and/or air...but we all know the downside of this: ya can't see how much is left!! Grrrrrr! My first jar had an air bubble toward the middle, so I thought I had emptied the jar (and after only 2 weeks...I was less than happy!) but something made me keep trying to milk it for every last bit and after 2 days, it started flowing beautifully again and it turned out I had quite a lot left after all! That's really my only gripe, other than if you get too much from one pump, it can't be put back (yeah yeah icky I know....but when you're on my budget, ya save all ya can!). My primer goes on great over it and I've never had a problem with it getting pilly or balling up under/over different products. The jar is somewhat bulky and cumbersome to travel with, but that's pretty minor. I do have to layer it with another moisturizer at night...so like I said before, it's best suited for a day cream. Ill definitely keep repurchasing (well unless something better pops up...I can't help myself!). Thumbs way up!