Clear Scalp & Hair Therapy Total Care Nourishing Shampoo

4.4

on 7/8/2015 5:34:00 PM

WILL CAUSE HAIR TO FALL OUT! Today- after a steady year of using this shampoo and on and off use over the past 3 years, I found out why my hair had been "shedding" so horribly. Let me first start off by saying how much I initially loved this shampoo- especially the scent. I liked how light and non-oily it made my hair and would get compliments on how good my hair smelled on a regular basis. However, I didn't realize that the product I loved so much was the culprit for the hair loss I have been experiencing. (I'd also like to mention that I just recently had blood work done due to switching primary care physicians and everything came back normal and healthy just to rule out any health problems being the possible cause). I was just casually searching Amazon to see if Clear shampoo would be cheaper and scrolled down to the reviews and was completely appalled. Everything I have been experiencing was written in hundreds upon hundreds of reviews- hair loss caused by this shampoo! I have huge clumps of hair coming out in the shower, huge clumps when I get out and comb my hair, significant amounts of hair on the floor when I style my hair, and my house floors, carpets, and car are covered in my shedding hair. Part of my daily routine when I get out of the shower is to brush my hair by the toilet so that I can empty my brush and the falling hairs into the toilet to avoid them from falling all over the floor- it's that bad! I am SO upset by this that I have made an account on here to post my review upon all of these others to try and spread the word- Do not walk, RUN AWAY from these products- they are absolutely terrible and you will eventually notice hair loss. And I want to specify that I was using the Total Care the most but also tried the Damage and Color Repair, Strong Lengths, and Intense Hydration. They're all equally damaging and will all result in the same. Hope this helps!

on 7/8/2015 10:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I really love this stuff.. Smells so good and clean! I hate sweet smelling shampoos :| I'm a hair junkie and I have literally tried everything from sallys, salon centric etc.. (I work at sallys) This shampoo and conditioner makes my hair healthier every wash.. My hair is sooooo shiny and soft!! My hair is shoulder length and damaged. It was so cheap, like $5 for a shampoo and conditioner bc they were b1g1 at Walmart.. So I'm in love (: aweeeeesome

on 6/15/2015 1:05:00 PM

I'm really loving this shampoo and conditioner! I have super long thin wavy/frizzy hair that i have been dying and straighting for the last 15 years, needless to say it was fried. My scalp has also been itchy and flaky.

It smells AMAZING, like the OG herbal essence shampoo's. Lathers well and rinses clean. the conditioner makes my hair so silky. I usually do not ever put conditioner on my scalp, but i put this conditioner and it didn't make my hair greasy from the roots at all. My scalp stopped itching and i do not notice flakes even when i'm wearing black.

Packaging is nice, sleek bottles that have no problem fitting in a tight shower.

This will be a new shampoo/conditioner i work into my permanet hair regime

on 4/17/2015 5:22:00 PM

A friend told me about this. I had been losing my hair over the years due to all of it, surgery, age, color, stress. I thought I would have to settle for thinning hair, but NO!! This product reduced the fallout in the FIRST shampoo to almost nothing. I used to stop up the shower with hair. I could not believe it! I love the small amount you have to use to get huge lather. It smells great and leaves my hair full, soft and shiney. I have tried very expensive brands and never had such quick and great results with any of them. I am a huge fan now!!

on 12/31/2014 2:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

My review is for the Clear scalp & hair therapy total care shampoo and Clear scalp & hair therapy total care daily conditioner. As I'm always using a combo of shampoo and conditioner from the same line and same brand, I'm always doing the review for both at the same time. I got 2x 50 ml bottle (1 shampoo, 1 conditioner) in a 5$ travel sample pack from Walmart.

I usually use higher brands for shampoo. I have colored hair with dry ends, and as I'm trying to grow my natural color, the scalp get greasy because it's not colored. This shampoo and conditioner combo is great. The shampoo is really a weird texture, kind of fluffy instead of a silky lotion. I like it. It smells great, lather well and it's easy to lather everywhere on my hair, which is usually hard because my hair is long to my butt. My hair are left clean without being squeaky clean.

The conditioner is really soft, and my hair are left super super soft in the shower after using it.

The packaging is great, I love the color. The smell is good also, a soft smell that doesn't linger once the hair are dry.

When I dry my hair, they are super soft and puffy, and super light! I don't even need to use a straightener most of the time. It's a really good product for the price.

I'll update eventually as I bought 2 big bottle of it, but for now I like it. I just hope that my scalp wont get greasy after using this for a while.

on 11/4/2014 11:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

It's a very silky and shiny goo. It lathers like a dream, after I rinse out the 1st shampoo (bargain bonus-size tresemme. just to get the filth out of my hair). Smells nice too.
Makes my hair also silky and shiny. I was worried that it might make my hair greasy soon, but nope! Clean and smooth. It provides for a nice relief from years of using tubs of Tresemme.

on 8/4/2014 3:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I got turned onto this Clear Scalp & Hair Complete Care Shampoo with pyrithione zinc by my dermatologist's physician's assistant. It is just as good as Redken's Scalp dandruff shampoo with the same active ingredient at a third of the cost. It also leaves your hair clean and soft. Have gone through several bottles already.

on 7/19/2014 1:15:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I love this shampoo. I usually don't go for drugstore shampoos, but its the best I've ever tried ( and I've tried all of them) my hair is moisturized and feels like silk. I'm on my 5th bottle and I love it.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I needed a break fromy my drum-sized Tresseme and Dove pump shampoos in the shower. I am not sure why, my hair is as dry as straw and it is not fun to style. I need added moisture and have been trying to shampoo much less frequently.

But my hair is fine, so it goes flat, or worse, goes "triangle"...

I like how this shampoo smells (floral but not fruity) and it lathers well AND rinses well even though it is an opaque shampoo (which usually means buildup to me). It has almost a fizzy consistency that I like. I don't have a matching conditioner due to the special at the store when I bought it. I am intrigued about its 14-day hair repair, if it could fix my damage. So dry! But this is a nice shampoo; hoping it helps me over time.

on 5/12/2013 2:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I had a very dry scalp problem and juat went to wal-mart, saw the product and decided to give it a try and I totally love it!! 100% recommend this product!

Popular Shampoos