October 1, 2014 | 1169 users online

rated 4.0(1 review)

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2013 9:01:00 PM More reviews by Mysticmme

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Color: described as "Olive toned brown," Just Naked is an interesting and subtle matte shade. In the pan, it looks like a cross between baby diarrhea and dirty Dijon mustard. I'm serious. It's a medium warm brown with strong olive undertones. While matte, it is NOT flat.

Texture: smooth. Just Naked blended easily. No fallout, no grabbing onto skin. It moved easily AND stayed put. It kicked up some loose shadow with both a sponge applicator and lid brush (Too Faced).

Wear time: no issues. I used TFSI in Lemon Drop.

Why it's Awesome: on my NC30ish Olive skin with grey blue eyes (ethnically ambiguous looking - variously guessed as Greek, Italian, French, North African, also once asked if I was an Octoroon while visiting Louisiana by a very cool old gentleman), this shade is the bomb. Just Naked is subtle, but the the olive contrasts with my eye color while also complementing my skin tone for a natural result.

Why it's Awesome for Others: if you're Olive skinned and have light eyes (any variation of green, blue, grey or hazel), Just Naked is going to do right by you. It's versatile as a lid, crease or subtle wash.

I'm jaded, I work in the industry and I'm a name ho with cosmetics. I rarely get excited about eye shadow, probably because I have such (ah-hem) distinctive coloring. But Just Naked is created for us Olive skinned rarities, and Just Naked deserves a place in our eye repertoire. I feel kind of ridiculous spending this much time writing about an eye shadow, but olive skin is so overlooked in the industry and its a joy to have a shadow that is of superior quality, versatile and actually flatters my coloring. At this price, I'll buy a couple to keep on hand.