Softsoap Coconut Island Quench body wash

on 3/27/2015 4:41:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

I see that a lot of reviewers don't like the scent and I'm not sure why. To be fair it doesn't completely smell like coconut but I don't think it smells bad at all. It's just kind of the normal Softsoap scent, which I like. As far as moisturizing goes this does a pretty good job of it. Unlike some "moisturizing" body washes it rinses clean and doesn't leave an oily residue on my skin. I like it and would buy it again.

on 3/5/2015 12:53:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is the worst Softsoap body wash I've tried, simply because of the smell. I can detect a bit of coconut, but mostly it has this weird cheap old men's cologne scent to it as well...not at all what I would consider a tropical scent. I only used it once and I gave it away.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I've never had an issue with bacne, but ever since I've used this I have had horrible acne on my shoulders! Yuck. I was drawn in by the "coconut oil."

The smell is not indicative of coconuts either.

on 7/10/2013 11:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

My signature scent for this summer has been coconut, so I was excited to get this body wash.

I must say I am a bit disappointed... As one reviewer mentioned below the smell of this body wash is horrible. It is not a very pleasant coconut scent, very synthetic. By the packaging I was hoping for a very tropical, pina coloda scent, but it was just blah.

The formula is very good, very moisturizing, great foam, and leaves me feeling clean.

I feel like there are more Coconut scented body washes available and do not think I will be repurchasing.

on 4/23/2013 8:44:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Rich, creamy body wash that rinses cleanly, as all Softsoap Body Washes I've tried. I don't like the smell; I barely detect any coconut at all and find it very plastic-y, which is why I won't rebuy it. The body butter coconut scrub body wash has smells nicer. It is reasonably priced; I paid $2.50 using a coupon.

on 4/7/2013 2:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

This is a very rich, creamy body wash. Lathers like crazy and I don't even need to use a separate shaving cream when I shave my legs. It does smell like coconut, but it has a synthetic but not unpleasant tinge to it. I read the ingredients, and jojoba oil is listed before coconut oil. Maybe that's what it is. Anyway, I like this, and I'd buy it again. I got this at CVS. If you use coupons and ECBs, you can get it for $1 this week.