April 24, 2014 | 1501 users online

Dry Shampoo - Batiste - Dry Shampoo - Deep & Dark Brown

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2014 7:18:00 PM More reviews by aprilpinkbeauty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

A friend given me this because she saw it in the store and knew my obsession with Batiste dry shampoo (and I have sort of dark brown hair). I was excited to try it because I figured I wouldn't have the white powder problem (which isn't as bad as some dry shampoos out there anyway). Well after using this everything was a complete mess. My hands, my hairline, my forehead, my brush, my makeup room floor and desk - everything had brown powder all over everything that isn't very easy to get off. I have more of a purple hue to my dye job so this didn't match my hair completely either. I gave it 2 lipsticks because it did take the oil out of my hair and make my hair super manageable for 2nd day hair. I don't think I would recommend this to anyone (unless you don't mind cleaning up a mess every time you use it) and I don't think I will be repurchasing the dry shampoo for brown hair. I will definitely repurchase the regular batiste dry shampoos though!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/10/2014 4:35:00 PM More reviews by Shortcourt0

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I originally thought I loved this product, then I realized how bad it was. The only positive was that using this dry shampoo compared to others my hair didn't have that white powder look, which is easy to get rid of anyways. Now for the negatives, the spray gets everywhere, it was always coating everything in my bathroom in a brownish film, I would have to wipe down my counters everyday to stay on top of it. It left my hair feeling weighed down and slightly crunchy. You also can't touch your hair since the brown powder gets on your hands, and it got all over my pillowcase too. I switched to the original batiste and I am much happier. But I am still on the hunt for my HG dry shampoo that doesn't break the bank.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/9/2014 3:31:00 PM More reviews by honestopinions

Nooo!
I think Batiste do good dry shampoos in general but this one - if you touch your hair later or at any point throughout the day you will end up with dirty hands - the same applies to resting your head against something! This is with thorough rubbing in and brushing out. I have done a more thorough review of the Blush Batiste which is preferable.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2014 3:24:00 PM More reviews by misscynthia06

I have many a dry shampoo on the market, and this one is just amazing.

If you are new to dry shampoo or want to try a new one, pick this up, its less than $10 at Ulta or Marshalls/TJMaxx. I have wasted $25 on fancy dry shampoo from Sephora that was garbage.

I notice some reviews talk about it leaving hair heavy or making a mess...its dry shampoo, don't spray it all over your bathroom and don't spray it too close to your head, hold it 6 inches away and spray at roots, it really is easy and can make your looks last much longer and save time and the health of you hair.

I have both the light and dark brown shades and think both are great, I probably will repurchase the brunette version next time just because I think it is a wee bit lighter and my hair looks better with it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2014 7:21:00 AM More reviews by Chloeluckin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am in love with this product! I've recently dyed my hair brown from blonde and noticed my old batiste dry shampoos would turn my hair white at the route, which isn't what you want. I love this dark brown dry shampoo, but I have to say that the colour is pretty messy as it does on my forehead and on my hands. Saying that, it is very easy to get rid of the colour. Just wipe or pat a cotton pad on your forehead and wash your hands and you're all good. Have recently repurchased as it's on offer for 2 in superdrug. I wouldn't pay 4 again for this though. I think that's too much for a dry shampoo.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/26/2014 12:51:00 PM More reviews by asiahall

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My sister got this for me for christmas and I was really excited, I'd heard a lot of good things about this brand and I really wanted to love it. But it was sort of meh for me. The smell was horrid first off and frankly I'd rather have a dirty smell than the one this put on my hair. It was too chemically. It did a good job of soaking up the oil, but my hair just felt really dirty afterwards. There was so much product buildup it didn't feel clean at all! I hated it! If you want your hair to have volume and A LOT of texture this is a good product to use, but that's not really what I was looking for so I wasn't a fan.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2014 3:06:00 PM More reviews by SanDiegoAli

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

After using many, many dry shampoos this is my absolutely hands down favorite. I have dark brown hair and it's so great to not have to worry about looking like my roots are gray.

I use this as I do any other dry shampoo. I spray short bursts around my roots at my forehead and on my sides by my ears/temples. I give it a minute of so and I then I turn my head over (usually in the bathroom, yes the "flakies" that fall off are dark brown) and sort of rub it in with my fingertips. After that I brush as normal. Good bye oil and hello volume!

Yes, your fingertips are going to be brown, the product itself is brown. It washes away quickly with soap and water. If you overspray and hit your skin it is easily cleaned away with a towel. After using this for almost 2 years I've gotten pretty good about where to spray it. Of note - I only wash my hair 2x a week now, when I do wash the water has a brownish tint, because you are washing away all the dry shampoo. Don't let that scare you. It's never stained my shower, I just rinse it right down the drain.

I've gotten this at Ulta (they have Buy 1 get 1 50% sales on this product often, which combined with the $3.50 off coupon makes it pretty darn cheap), but I know it is (or at least was) sold on Amazon as well (although if you go that route shipping takes a while because it's through another vendon, not acutually Amazon themselves.

Overall if you have dark hair and want to use dry shampoo - this would be my #1 rec for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2014 2:30:00 AM More reviews by AnabelSahagun

LOVEEE THIS!!! I've tried a lot of other dry shampoos from high end to drug store and this one is hands down the best!!! It makes my hair look clean after just minuets of applying! Smells good as a plus and gives volume. The only down side about this is that it can be messy if you're not really careful...it can stain your clothes and your hands and your face. But I love my hair result and have repurchased this 3 times!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2014 2:23:00 PM More reviews by rocketqueen1122

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is way better than the regular white dry shampoo since I have light brown hair. This actually slightly covers my grays too. I'm a little worried about what would happen if I got caught in the rain... would I have brown streaks down my face? Anyway, I don't like having white powder in my hair. This looks natural and is perfect for the days I don't wash. I only wash my hair every other day. I also really like that this doesn't end up cruchy like hairspray. I've tried some try shampoos that do that and their awful.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2014 1:11:00 PM More reviews by blondefornow

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I was super excited to try this based on youtuber, Tati's glowing reviews. I am trying to shampoo my hair less and like the idea of a dry shampoo. My only con in the oast was the white, chalky cast left on my darkish roots (growing out my highlights). Enter this new product. This morning I was on third day hair. My hair is dry, so oiliness is never really an issue for me. I was looking really just to refresh my hair, add some volume and make it smell fresh. After doing my makeup, I carefully sprayed the sides of my hair, the top along my part and the back of my hair, underneath. I waited a bit, then sort of massaged my hair a bit to loosen it. Well, this stuff does give volume, but at what cost!? My hands, first of all were completely brown! Then I walked into the bathroom and saw my forehead was brown, as were my ears! There was no fresh scent and my hair looed very matte and powdered. There was still a white cast and now I can't run my fingers through my hair...at all!!! This product is in the "epic fail" category of my book. Maybe someone with very straight, oily hair will benefit from this, but not me. I also purchased the "blonde" version of this and will test it on third day hair too, just to see if there is a difference. Maybe I should just put my hair up on day three and be done with it!