Batiste Dry Shampoo - Deep & Dark Brown

3.7

on 7/22/2015 9:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I purchased this product after realizing I was in need of an affordable dry shampoo that wouldn't leave a whitish cast. Unfortunately, it was a bit messy and left staining. I also did not like the scent at all. The scent never dissipated and I smelled like a sickly sweet bouquet of flowers. I returned and I will not repurchase.

on 6/19/2015 1:51:00 AM

Thanks to MUBer I tried this after multiple previous attempts at dry shampoo. I have fine slightly thin hair with an oily scalp and dark auburn color. My hair gets greasy and shows grease almost immediately. Other dry shampoos made me look like I had gray roots and it still felt weirdly sticky and limp. This one gave me 3 DAYS and that never happens. I even wore it down on day 2. No roots. No fall out. No staining.

on 5/14/2015 7:25:00 PM

I actually use this to cover my hot roots which are lighter than my colored dark brown hair and sometimes have a slight bit of gray! So, I just spray wherever my part is and let it dry, then brush it a little. I can see if I used this all over my head, it would be messy but I don't, just at the part and it works perfectly. Give me darker roots and a little bit of lift. For me, it is excellent.

on 4/28/2015 6:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

Alright call me nuts but I didn't get it. This is a huge seller in my store so after working there for 6 months, I got curious and asked everyone who bought it if they had tried it before and liked it. Most people raved about it so I got this one, since I have purple hair with natural dark brown roots. I thought it was great that they offered a variety of colors and scents like that, but when it came time to try it, I reaaaallllly didn't see a difference. The scent was nice...but it didn't last so long on my hair. I'm about a weekly, or twice weeky washer, but sometimes I would feel a lot of build up on my scalp and wanted to see if this would help with that without having to overwash my dry hair (and have the color fade even faster). But I didn't notice a difference. I also heard people say that it added volume even though they didn't notice a cleansing difference. But the volume it gave me lasted only a little while. I tried it multiple times and even though I got a great deal, it just didn't seem to fit into my routine to add anything I needed. I think it would be good for the average person who washes every other day or so, but for people like me with course, thick, wavy or curly hair that only wash once or twice a week, it may not change it enough.

on 4/7/2015 6:03:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I only wash my hair every other day or every few days if I feel like it out of laziness and it's not good to wash your hair everyday anyways so I figure no harm done. My holy grail Oscar Blondi Pronto Dry Shampoo in the powder form has been getting me by for as long as I've been infrequently washing my hair but my mother who believes in scrubbing your hair super clean everyday started getting on me for my "lack of cleanliness" and the white cast that she said made my hair look super dirty. I finally caved and tried this dry shampoo after an ulta opened up in my area & now I can go as long as I feel like without washing my hair & mother doesn't even notice a thing! After reading a lot of reviews I was initially scared that this dry shampoo would be a complete mess & look terrible on my brunette hair leaving chunks of brown paint on my forehead & face but I just applied it the way I would normal dry shampoo; a quick burst wherever I'm oily & the only mess I was left with was dirty hands that was easily helped by washing with hand soap.

on 4/6/2015 2:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I love this dry shampoo. I've been using it for over a year and I'm on my 5th or 6th can. Like most dry shampoos, it will leave a lighter cast on your hair. My hair is medium brown, but I use this Dark & Deep Brown shade, and it's a pretty close match. So if your hair is truly dark brown, the black shade might be better. My other complaint is that I have white pillowcases and if I use a lot of this product, it will rub off onto the white fabric and leave a stain! However, it does come out in the wash, so I still use and love the product.

It has sort of a cocoa-ish smell, which people always seem to love. It's the only dry shampoo that I think smells GOOD and not just tolerable. Unlike other dry shampoos, this does not look overly dry, ashy, chalky or white on brown hair. It's not a miracle product, and doesn't take the place of real shampoo, but it's good for getting another 1-2 days between washing or adding a little volume.

I've tried going back to other white dry shampoos and I keep coming back to this product, because I think it looks/ smells so much better than others I've tried. My final tip is to look for BOGO sales and coupons at Ulta (this product is pricey compared to other drugstore brands).

on 3/3/2015 8:00:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

The product works well and I like it, but the tint is very messy and instead of being left with chalky white streaks I had black on my hands and scalp even after I let it dry. I think it's easier and less messy to buy the regular non-tinted batiste dry shampoo

This is the best dry shampoo I've tried so far! My hair starts looking greasy on the 2nd day and that's when I use this shampoo to make it look nicer for the day. It makes such a huge difference! It's hard to find a good dry shampoo, when you have dark hair so I'm happy I've found this colored one. Plus it's a lot cheaper than some of the other ones I've bought. I've been using it for over a year now and I'm still pleased with it.

My hair gets greasy mostly on the crown so I lift the top layer of hair up, spray on the hair under it, release the hair and spray some more and then I rub my hair for around 15 seconds. Then I comb my hair and I'm ready to go out with cleaner looking hair!

on 12/3/2014 8:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Okaaaay.. It works. It does it's job by absorbing the greasies & blending into dark hair.

1 Lippie deducted for the dull stiff effect should you spray On the hair instead of IN the hair. Good aim is key - precise quick sphritzes ON the scalp of oiliest zones minimized this problem. *Tip: for max coverage think of your head as a globe of the Earth and part on the latitudes (ear to ear not back-to-front).

2 lippies off for the cloying powdery smell - it made my hair smell like Cotton Candy - but it permeates the air around you - I could smell it as I moved around at work. It's strong guys. Like fighting w your perfume and overpowering all other scents in the air around you.

Practice aiming to control smudginess. use a brush to distribute instead & you wont have a problem. Take one hand to lift a flap of hair to expose the area of scalp you're targeting - the other hand is holding the can at a distance w nozzle tilted at an angle directed at the scalp. Don't overspray. Part hair horizontally so you don't need more than 7 or 8 sprays to cover your entire head.

Batiste isn't the worst dry shampoo but I won't repurchase unless they change the smell (Unscented would be great) and refined the powder to eliminate the grit feel.

on 11/17/2014 7:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Cool

This stuff is pretty good and very affordable. I have thick pitch black hair and the other batiste products I've tried left me with a noticeable white/grey tinge. I read somewhere it works well if you use it the night before and let it sink in so I flipped my hair over and did either side of my roots and one down the centre part. I can imagine this isn't a perfect solution if you're intending on wearing your hair down but I know I'll wear it up and it did a great job of mopping up the greasy look without any noticeable difference in colour. The front looks more voluminous which means I can get away with another day of wear.

Yes my hands did get a bit grimey but I washed them and no I didn't get colour anywhere else. I don't think it should be that difficult to avoid spraying the room or your own face when using this so I don't know why people are complaining about it making a huge mess.

Top Rated Batiste Products