December 19, 2014 | 749 users online

Dry Shampoo - Batiste - Dry Shampoo - Deep & Dark Brown

rated 3 of 5 on 12/3/2014 8:26:00 PM More reviews by Pieran

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Okaaaay.. This works and it's not so bad. In fact it could be a bathroom cabinet staple as the go-to reliable dry shampoo.
It does it's job by absorbing the greasies & blending into dark hair.

1 Lippie deducted for the dull stiff effect should you spray On the hair instead of IN the hair. Good aim is key - precise quick sphritzes ON the scalp of oiliest zones minimized this problem. *Tip: for max coverage think of your head as a globe of the Earth and part on the latitudes (ear to ear not back-to-front).

The other deduction was for scent which isnt bad - it actually made my hair smell like Cotton Candy - but it permeates the air around you - I could smell it as I moved around at work. It's strong guys. Warning to perfume wearers of floral scents: This will clash. If you wear Juicy, Mademoiselle Coco or other sweet perfumes, this will be compatible.

I never encounter smudginess on hands or other areas. Practice your aim, use a brush to distribute instead & you wont have a problem. One hand should be lifting hair to expose the area of scalp you're targeting - the other hand is holding the can w nozzle tilted at an angle directed at the scalp. Dont overspray. Think of airplanes crop dusting on farms. That light swooping mist is all you need. If you part strategically, it wont take more than 7 or 8 sprays total to cover your entire head.

I like Batiste Deep & Dark Brown overall.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2014 7:07:00 PM More reviews by Panda_Attack

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff is pretty good and very affordable. I have thick pitch black hair and the other batiste products I've tried left me with a noticeable white/grey tinge. I read somewhere it works well if you use it the night before and let it sink in so I flipped my hair over and did either side of my roots and one down the centre part. I can imagine this isn't a perfect solution if you're intending on wearing your hair down but I know I'll wear it up and it did a great job of mopping up the greasy look without any noticeable difference in colour. The front looks more voluminous which means I can get away with another day of wear.

Yes my hands did get a bit grimey but I washed them and no I didn't get colour anywhere else. I don't think it should be that difficult to avoid spraying the room or your own face when using this so I don't know why people are complaining about it making a huge mess.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/12/2014 11:41:00 AM More reviews by sjarz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

oh brunettes rejoice! a dry shampoo for us dark-haired lazy girls! ah, life just got a little easier. or so you'd like to think. I really wanted to like this dry shampoo: like others have said, having brown hair and walking around with gray/white roots and patches isn't exactly attractive. So when I saw this at Walgreens, I was so excited. FINALLY! But that excitement quickly died once I began using it. At first, I thought everything was perfect - a spritz here, a spray there. No gray roots, no white patches I forgot to brush away. Just bouncy, fresh dark hair. That is, until my boyfriend asked what was all over my hairline and forehead. Gray and black splotches all along my face. My fingers looked like I had been working in a coal mine all day. Anytime I touched my hair with my fingers or my bangs touched my forehead, new black splotches. So instead of making your life easier, this shampoo just causes another problem. The smell is great and so is the idea, but sadly, I won't be buying this again. But hey, if you don't mind looking like you just came from church on Ash Wednesday, then this shampoo is for you! Other than that, another disappointment on the dry shampoo scale. I would be really upset, but I'm too lazy for that.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/29/2014 7:46:00 AM More reviews by reggiemoon

I basically love Batiste dry shampoo and currently have 4 of the flavors sitting in my bathroom including this one. Obviously I have darker hair and although I don't have huge problems with the regular Batiste flavors making my hair white, I wanted to test this one out. I prefer this one the least because it doesn't have a nice uplifting scent like the cherry or blush or wild ones do. Also while it doesn't make my hair white it has like a shoe polishy dark tint kind of like those old spray on hair products for balding men. If you get really sweaty or touch your hair you will have brown sweat dripping down your face or brown hands. Pretty embarrassing. I will not be buying this again. It was a good idea for a product in theory but in practice it is not good.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2014 3:18:00 PM More reviews by joy2uandme

Gross. If you want dirty and dull looking hair and an itchy, gunky scalp this is the one for you. I'll keep looking. The only good thing is the scent. It smells fine. But it could last longer.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2014 9:45:00 AM More reviews by zee140

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Oh lord.. This dry shampoo is so affordable and perfect okay.. I woke up today put like 3-4 sprays of this in my hair shaked it brushed it n am all good.. I even asked my mom if it's a bit grey but no it's perfecccct.. I love it

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2014 1:49:00 PM More reviews by SummerDay89

Loooove!!! A pigmented dry shampoo - this stuff is a godsend. Works very well, good price and decent smell. I was absolutely sick of using dry shampoo that made my hair look grey.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2014 9:16:00 PM More reviews by annap888

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I hate that this is always sold out everywhere!!! It's very hard to come by.

The product is amazing. I have medium brown hair and it works like a dream. Nothing has been able to work as well without making my hair feel tacky and dirty.

Amazing for those with extremely oily hair that need constant touch ups.

Also, I feel that the product tends to run out fast which can make it pricey - but that may be just me using too much!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/8/2014 10:07:00 PM More reviews by ashleyg56

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Uhmm. It smells amazing?
Other than that, it is like spray paint.. Got my clothes dark brown, the wall and my hands looked like an auto shop repair man's hands after fluffing it through my hair..
Would but wouldn't repurchase, it really soaked up oils but the aftermath it just too much

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2014 9:37:00 AM More reviews by DanicaMarie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My friend has the brunette version of this and i tried it over the weekend. I really liked it, so when i went on nailpolishcanada.ca to buy some, i saw they had an even darker version (for my dark brown hair) and bought it before coming on MUA to read reviews. Honestly after reading the majority of reviews on this, i was scared. All of these reviews make it seem like this is hair dye in a can and its going to get absolutely everywhere and stain absolutely everything. I was almost going to cancel my order. It came and i used it this morning for the first time. I experienced nothing that half these reviews are saying. It didn't get anywhere, at all. I used it mostly around my forehead because my bangs tend to get really greasy looking, and it didn't discolor my forehead or skin at all. Not even a little. You can see it comes out dark, there is definitely color, but if you're spraying far enough away, its not going to get on anything. When i was rubbing it in, my finger tips did get very faintly discolored, but it washed off instantly with soap. Not sure how this is getting such low reviews, i LOVE it. I'm trying to think of a comparable description for the smell, but i really can't, its a unique smell, i really like it. Very fresh and light. It soaked up the oil very fast and gave my fine, volumeless hair some life. This is definitely my HG dry shampoo!