Batiste Dry Shampoo - Deep & Dark Brown

3.7

on 4/7/2015 6:03:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I only wash my hair every other day or every few days if I feel like it out of laziness and it's not good to wash your hair everyday anyways so I figure no harm done. My holy grail Oscar Blondi Pronto Dry Shampoo in the powder form has been getting me by for as long as I've been infrequently washing my hair but my mother who believes in scrubbing your hair super clean everyday started getting on me for my "lack of cleanliness" and the white cast that she said made my hair look super dirty. I finally caved and tried this dry shampoo after an ulta opened up in my area & now I can go as long as I feel like without washing my hair & mother doesn't even notice a thing! After reading a lot of reviews I was initially scared that this dry shampoo would be a complete mess & look terrible on my brunette hair leaving chunks of brown paint on my forehead & face but I just applied it the way I would normal dry shampoo; a quick burst wherever I'm oily & the only mess I was left with was dirty hands that was easily helped by washing with hand soap.

on 4/6/2015 2:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I love this dry shampoo. I've been using it for over a year and I'm on my 5th or 6th can. Like most dry shampoos, it will leave a lighter cast on your hair. My hair is medium brown, but I use this Dark & Deep Brown shade, and it's a pretty close match. So if your hair is truly dark brown, the black shade might be better. My other complaint is that I have white pillowcases and if I use a lot of this product, it will rub off onto the white fabric and leave a stain! However, it does come out in the wash, so I still use and love the product.

It has sort of a cocoa-ish smell, which people always seem to love. It's the only dry shampoo that I think smells GOOD and not just tolerable. Unlike other dry shampoos, this does not look overly dry, ashy, chalky or white on brown hair. It's not a miracle product, and doesn't take the place of real shampoo, but it's good for getting another 1-2 days between washing or adding a little volume.

I've tried going back to other white dry shampoos and I keep coming back to this product, because I think it looks/ smells so much better than others I've tried. My final tip is to look for BOGO sales and coupons at Ulta (this product is pricey compared to other drugstore brands).

on 3/3/2015 8:00:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

The product works well and I like it, but the tint is very messy and instead of being left with chalky white streaks I had black on my hands and scalp even after I let it dry. I think it's easier and less messy to buy the regular non-tinted batiste dry shampoo

This is the best dry shampoo I've tried so far! My hair starts looking greasy on the 2nd day and that's when I use this shampoo to make it look nicer for the day. It makes such a huge difference! It's hard to find a good dry shampoo, when you have dark hair so I'm happy I've found this colored one. Plus it's a lot cheaper than some of the other ones I've bought. I've been using it for over a year now and I'm still pleased with it.

My hair gets greasy mostly on the crown so I lift the top layer of hair up, spray on the hair under it, release the hair and spray some more and then I rub my hair for around 15 seconds. Then I comb my hair and I'm ready to go out with cleaner looking hair!

on 12/3/2014 8:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Okaaaay.. It works. It does it's job by absorbing the greasies & blending into dark hair.

1 Lippie deducted for the dull stiff effect should you spray On the hair instead of IN the hair. Good aim is key - precise quick sphritzes ON the scalp of oiliest zones minimized this problem. *Tip: for max coverage think of your head as a globe of the Earth and part on the latitudes (ear to ear not back-to-front).

2 lippies off for the cloying powdery smell - it made my hair smell like Cotton Candy - but it permeates the air around you - I could smell it as I moved around at work. It's strong guys. Like fighting w your perfume and overpowering all other scents in the air around you.

Practice aiming to control smudginess. use a brush to distribute instead & you wont have a problem. Take one hand to lift a flap of hair to expose the area of scalp you're targeting - the other hand is holding the can at a distance w nozzle tilted at an angle directed at the scalp. Don't overspray. Part hair horizontally so you don't need more than 7 or 8 sprays to cover your entire head.

Batiste isn't the worst dry shampoo but I won't repurchase unless they change the smell (Unscented would be great) and refined the powder to eliminate the grit feel.

on 11/17/2014 7:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Cool

This stuff is pretty good and very affordable. I have thick pitch black hair and the other batiste products I've tried left me with a noticeable white/grey tinge. I read somewhere it works well if you use it the night before and let it sink in so I flipped my hair over and did either side of my roots and one down the centre part. I can imagine this isn't a perfect solution if you're intending on wearing your hair down but I know I'll wear it up and it did a great job of mopping up the greasy look without any noticeable difference in colour. The front looks more voluminous which means I can get away with another day of wear.

Yes my hands did get a bit grimey but I washed them and no I didn't get colour anywhere else. I don't think it should be that difficult to avoid spraying the room or your own face when using this so I don't know why people are complaining about it making a huge mess.

on 10/12/2014 11:41:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

oh brunettes rejoice! a dry shampoo for us dark-haired lazy girls! ah, life just got a little easier. or so you'd like to think. I really wanted to like this dry shampoo: like others have said, having brown hair and walking around with gray/white roots and patches isn't exactly attractive. So when I saw this at Walgreens, I was so excited. FINALLY! But that excitement quickly died once I began using it. At first, I thought everything was perfect - a spritz here, a spray there. No gray roots, no white patches I forgot to brush away. Just bouncy, fresh dark hair. That is, until my boyfriend asked what was all over my hairline and forehead. Gray and black splotches all along my face. My fingers looked like I had been working in a coal mine all day. Anytime I touched my hair with my fingers or my bangs touched my forehead, new black splotches. So instead of making your life easier, this shampoo just causes another problem. The smell is great and so is the idea, but sadly, I won't be buying this again. But hey, if you don't mind looking like you just came from church on Ash Wednesday, then this shampoo is for you! Other than that, another disappointment on the dry shampoo scale. I would be really upset, but I'm too lazy for that.

on 9/29/2014 7:46:00 AM

I basically love Batiste dry shampoo and currently have 4 of the flavors sitting in my bathroom including this one. Obviously I have darker hair and although I don't have huge problems with the regular Batiste flavors making my hair white, I wanted to test this one out. I prefer this one the least because it doesn't have a nice uplifting scent like the cherry or blush or wild ones do. Also while it doesn't make my hair white it has like a shoe polishy dark tint kind of like those old spray on hair products for balding men. If you get really sweaty or touch your hair you will have brown sweat dripping down your face or brown hands. Pretty embarrassing. I will not be buying this again. It was a good idea for a product in theory but in practice it is not good.

on 8/14/2014 3:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Gross. If you want dirty and dull looking hair and an itchy, gunky scalp this is the one for you. I'll keep looking. The only good thing is the scent. It smells fine. But it could last longer.

on 8/7/2014 9:45:00 AM

Oh lord.. This dry shampoo is so affordable and perfect okay.. I woke up today put like 3-4 sprays of this in my hair shaked it brushed it n am all good.. I even asked my mom if it's a bit grey but no it's perfecccct.. I love it

Top Rated Batiste Products