Jane Iredale Taupe

Not tested on animals

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

I really like this eyeshadow as a day-time eyeshadow

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I reallly did not need another taupe eyeshadow, but I bought this one because Im essentially weak. lol

Im glad Im a wuss, though, because this is a really strong addition to my massive eyeshadow collection. Colorwise, Taupe reminds me of MAC Quarry matte medium taupe, with slight mauve undertones. To me, Taupe is less mauve, more brown-grey than Quarry more straight-up taupe, in other words. Taupe has a tiiiny bit of graininess, so I might rank it just a small notch below Quarry in terms of quality. Its still very, very good, though it applies smoothly, wears well, and is nicely pigmented. Be sure to use a good brush to apply it, though, to get the most from this shadow.

I have bright green eyes whose color I love to play up with neutral eye shadows, particularly taupes.
This taupe makes a wonderfully versatile neutral lid shade. I like to wear it with a deeper neutral, like Laura Mercier Sable, in the crease, for a polished-looking neutral eye design that coordinates perfectly with the bright bold lip colors I love to wear.

In the unlikely event that I use this up, Id buy it again.