January 28, 2015 | 1196 users online

Mascara - Dior - Diorshow Iconic Overcurl

rated 3 of 5 on 1/23/2015 4:02:00 PM More reviews by Amalielv

It's an okay mascara, but not worth the price. I got it for Christmas and I really wanted to make it work, but it's just not the one for me. I find the brush really hard to use and it's hard to get an even coat on your lashes. But it's fine, but not worth the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2015 11:43:00 PM More reviews by hannahps

Bought my first tube of this mascara in August, and since then I've been through two tubes. It lasts 3-4 months before getting a bit dry and/or running out. Though this is expensive ($35 Canadian), it's well worth it. I will never go back to drugstore mascara after trying this - it gives length and volume without getting clumpy, it's super black and it keeps my lashes curled ALL DAY, which is a chore. I have it in waterproof because I live in a rainy city, and while it is definitely water resistant, I wouldn't call it waterproof. Doesn't flake, doesn't fall out, doesn't do anything weird. My holy grail mascara for sure!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/15/2015 2:12:00 PM More reviews by dladymuse

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got this as a perk from Sephora's beauty points. I love the wand, it's curved which I like to give me really, really nice length. Curling? It's ok, but I use a lash curler so it looks good. It's a little bit clumpy though. I usually get compliments on my eyes whenever I wear this mascara, but I have a problem with this mascara, so I have to stop using it. It really makes my eyes water. Which is sad because otherwise this is a nice mascara. It's not super fabulous however that would cause me to repurchase. It's too expensive for my budget, but it probably gave my lashes the nicest length out of all my other mascaras. There is no volumizing with this mascara, which would have been nice, but it's ok it does not. I did enjoy my sample however and the packaging is elegant. Chrome and black tube, very classy. Formula is between wet and dry, just right. It is unfortunate I can't continue using this as my eyes are just too sensitive.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2015 9:59:00 PM More reviews by gmasterova

The good reviews are on point: this mascara is lengthening, volumizing, and flares out the lashes. As for the curl, I cannot really say seeing as my lashes are naturally curled. The two bad comments I would give this mascara would be 1) the ridiculous price ($35 in Canada) and 2) it does not last as long as any other mascara I've used (lasted me about 2 months until it became very dry and clumpy — and I've used numerous high end mascaras).

rated 1 of 5 on 1/9/2015 4:22:00 PM More reviews by Amzzz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

An atrocious excuse for a mascara! Paid 25 for terrible clumps and no volume; admittedly, it does hold a little curl, but nothing that couldn't be achieved with a lash curler. The packaging does look pretty, yes, however can attract fingerprints- but if you want to pay almost thirty pounds for a pretty case alone.... The first two weeks the mascara was too wet to use whatever technique I used however had dried out a little and improved a tiny amount by the third. I must emphasise I love dior products, but this didn't do it for me. Save your money, and purchase a mascara elsewhere (even high street ones are better than this!)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2015 8:52:00 PM More reviews by marthamihm

This is my favorite mascara. I keep trying others but this is the best. It actually holds curl, doesn't flake or smudge and really extends the lashes.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/28/2014 10:53:00 PM More reviews by nocturnem

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

EDIT: After a month and a half or so opened, it works much better. Two thin layers applied by dragging the wand from roots to tips without zigzagging really lengthens my lashes without clumps. It's a rather thick formula, so I think it's the zigzag motion that makes the eyelashes stick together. It's not the most volumizing mascara, and I've used others that gave the same result at a lower price point, so even if I like it it's still not a product I'd buy again.

This mascara is just okay. It adds a little length and a little volume, but no more curl than any other mascara I've ever tried. It has a tendency to clump badly if one tries to apply more than one layer because it dries very fast, and my tube dried out in about two weeks so that even one layer would look somewhat clumpy. On the plus side, it does not flake and it's rather sweat resistant, so it looked good at the end of the day even if my lashes felt heavy and sticky. The wand is my favorite part: it's curved so it's very easy to apply mascara with it, and it coats most of my lashes easily. Overall, however, it's not a mascara I'd buy again at that price tag since it feels drugstore quality to me.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2014 4:36:00 PM More reviews by merullo23

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Let me preface my review with this:
My lashes are relatively long, and decently thick but I've always wished they looked thicker without- grouping them together. Clumpy lashes and flaking mascaras are my ENEMY.

I tried the Diorshow Iconic Overcurl Mascara as a sample from a 100-point Sephora perk. I had always heard high-end mascaras don't outperform the drugstore by a ton, so I'd never bothered with any of them.

The wand looks like a chunky, curved caterpillar. VERY fat brush, softer bristles. Not my usual favorite style brush, so I wasn't very excited about trying it.

I am absolutely blown away with this. My lashes look FAKE. I'm adding a picture of just my eyes to show off, honestly. I'm in awe. They're fanned out, lengthened beyond belief, and thickened significantly. It's a triple-threat.

This is perfect for people who want DRAMA! As for curl, I don't think this is an amazing "curling" mascara. My lashes still have some curl but they aren't going straight up in the air anymore.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/1/2014 1:48:00 PM More reviews by Sancha82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have to come back and re-review this one. It worked great for the first couple weeks then it got very dry and started to flake,smudge and clump. No matter what technique I used it never again gave me the results I experienced the first couple weeks. For the price I paid I expected a lot more from this Dior product. I definitely wouldn't recommend this to anybody.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/27/2014 12:24:00 AM More reviews by Shelly2015

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I tried this after the beauty consultant recommended it in Myer. (Yeh I'm a sucker !) Anyway after returning yet another tube of Inimitable Waterproof Mascara that had dried out about 2 weeks after I bought it, I thought I needed a change! I wanted a curling, lengthening and volumising Mascara for my puny little lashes, and for the first few weeks this did exactly that! I was excited to have found (or so I thought) my HG of mascaras! I put on my Chanel Beute De Cils Primer and this on top and voila long curly lashes! However after a few weeks I noticed the tube was getting clogged, and I don't know how, but it was building up around the part where the lid closes onto the bottom part of the tube. I took my tube back to Dior and they replaced it immediately. The new tube seems better although it tends to overcoat some lashes, whilst others don't coat very well at all, so I have to go over individual lashes with the tip of the brush. The angled brush is ok, it holds lots of product, but could do with being smaller to make application easier. It also seems to clog right at the end of my lashes too! My whole lash will look great, yet right at the top it will leave a blob of mascara or it will stick lashes together at the tip for a rather strange look! I'm continually combing the ends of my lashes to make them look normal!