Dior Diorshow Iconic Overcurl

3.6

on 5/19/2015 1:06:00 AM

This mascara is not waterproof does hold a curl but I have to curl it again after applying and add a waterproof top coat so it doesn't melt off. I have real long lashes that look like lash extension but unruly hard to stay curled up even with a eyelash curler not even a heated eyelash curler. They are long semi thick dark heavy and grow all different ways from downwards, straight, curled even above the lash line and in the inner corners. Lashes so dark it looks like I'm wearing eyeliner.The ones that grown close to the inner corner sometimes pokes my tear duck or feels like somethings in my eye. The lashes on the outer corner grow the longest downward so it hard to curl without curling the bottom and top together. After I curl my lashes apply mascara lashes just droop back down and even sticks to the bottom lashes when I blink. I don't apply mascara on the bottom. If the formula is too sticky my lashes clumps/sticks together. If I try to curl it again after applying mascara the eyelashes curler will get stuck to the mascara a pull some the mascara including lashes off. The moisturizing non stick mascaras takes to long to dry just weigh he lashes down doesn't keep a curl. Takes to long to apply I usually curl apply curl apply.... to get it curled up and fanned out separated. Some of the mascara just ends up on my lids when I blink or even transfer to the bottom of my eye especially the outer corners. So I usually skip mascara too messy I just give up. Nothing works.

on 5/18/2015 11:52:00 PM

Honestly expensive and I'm not impressed. I have no problem paying money for a GOOD mascara, but this isn't it. I have very straight long eyelashes, and I'm always on the hunt for a curling mascara. This didn't do much for my lashes at all. Kind disappointed by that.

on 5/13/2015 9:04:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Quite a lot comes out of the tube so I find it necessary to wipe the brush down before application. I got the waterproof version because it's the only thing that holds a curl in my straight lashes, but I find that my lashes still droop a little. Other mascaras I've tried, such as illegal lengths in waterproof, don't have this issue. Pigment is excellent, lashes look dark and dramatic. Overall it's a nice mascara but for $52 AU I won't repurchase.

on 4/6/2015 10:08:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Very disappointing for the money! One of the most expensive that I have purchased. The formula is a bit drier than others and it seems to get drier as time goes on. It has only been 2 months (if it have under 1 month, I would have returned) and I dislike it more as time goes on. While it does curl the lashes up, over the day the curl does not hold! The pigment isn't bad, but I still need like it darker. I dislike it so much for NOT holding the curl, that despite the price I will throw it away because what good is a masara that can't hold the style throughout the day? Do not waste your money on this one! There are drugstore and Sephora mascaras that are better for a lot less cost.

on 3/31/2015 12:17:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

pros:
- the brown shade is a beautiful dark brown, not reddish
- easy to apply with minimal clumping
- actually seems to curl
- you only need one coat
- doesn't feel heavy or uncomfortable when wearing
- doesn't smudge easily,
- longlasting, 1 tube lasts me a year.

cons
- I still need to use an eyelash curler
- the brush is pretty average in my opinion, and very big
- using more than one coat will give you fat clumpy lashes, so you have to be carefully doing your finishing touches.

I'd recommend this to anyone wanting a brown mascara, or someone wanting to add staying power to the curl in their eyelashes after curling.

on 3/30/2015 8:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

i have this in black. i had first gotten a 100 pt deluxe sample of this from sephora and i loved it so much i had to get the full size. gives me super volumized, black as hell lashes. lengthens really well too. i think of it as a less clumpy version of l'oreal's miss manga, it's definitely a dramatic effect. my go-to every day

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I own this product in "Catwalk Blue". It's highly pigmented and a very nice dark blue. But for me it doesn't curl more as a mascara with a regular wand. It seems to make my lashes more heavy because a lot of product goes on the lashes with every 'strike'. And I had a hard time to remove it in the evening, although I am using UD Melt Down (it always removes even waterproof mascara easily). I'll use it just from time to time to spare my lashes.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This my go to mascara! It doesn't clump, seems to last for a long time, and holds my curl perfectly.

on 3/4/2015 6:22:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This mascara is beautiful, there is no doubt. It gives me beautiful lashes, both volume and length. The brush is lovely. Everything is just lovely about what this mascara does for my lashes!
It is a high-end brand, so of course, this is not cheap. Therefore I took away 2 lippies. I just feel like mascaras are the first thing you run out of, so it's kind of douche to make them so expensive. But, it def stands out from drugstore mascara. This is much better.
Since lashes are so important for your look, I don't mind spending it on a high-end mascara.

The reason why I won't be repurchasing this after I run out is because I would like to try the Lancome Hypnose Dolls mascara :) I am on a mission to find the best mascara! If the Lancome one disappoints, I could def go back to this. This is a great great mascara!

on 2/21/2015 2:58:00 AM

I needed a new mascara after finishing my Bobbi Brown Everyday Mascara.

I was tossing up between this and the Dior It Lash Mascara, I really couldn't decide and so the sales assistant told me she would give me a trial size Overcurl that she had in a gift pack, and I could but the full size It Lash and that way I can have both at no extra cost.

I AM SO GLAD I DIDNT BUT THE FULL SIZE OVERCURL.

A) it clumps like crazy.
B) two coats gives you spider lashes - and not in a good way.

I was specifically after a mascara that would seperate and lengthen my lashes and the sales assistant was adamant that this would be perfect for me.

It clumped my lashes together and added little spidery fibres to the ends.
Also, did not curl my lashes at all, as the name suggests.

The packaging is nice and it's unscented and easy to clean up if you smudge it.

It didn't flake at all, which is surprising considering the fibres.

Price is ridiculous if you pay full price - $52