Dior Diorshow Iconic Overcurl

3.6

on 2/21/2015 2:58:00 AM

I needed a new mascara after finishing my Bobbi Brown Everyday Mascara.

I was tossing up between this and the Dior It Lash Mascara, I really couldn't decide and so the sales assistant told me she would give me a trial size Overcurl that she had in a gift pack, and I could but the full size It Lash and that way I can have both at no extra cost.

I AM SO GLAD I DIDNT BUT THE FULL SIZE OVERCURL.

A) it clumps like crazy.
B) two coats gives you spider lashes - and not in a good way.

I was specifically after a mascara that would seperate and lengthen my lashes and the sales assistant was adamant that this would be perfect for me.

It clumped my lashes together and added little spidery fibres to the ends.
Also, did not curl my lashes at all, as the name suggests.

The packaging is nice and it's unscented and easy to clean up if you smudge it.

It didn't flake at all, which is surprising considering the fibres.

Price is ridiculous if you pay full price - $52

on 2/15/2015 11:02:00 PM

I went into Sephora to but my tried and tested favourite Urban Decay Lush Lash mascara that I've been using for years. Sadly it was out of stock. No problem - I'd recently read rave reviews about an Estee Lauder one - discontinued! Argh. I love a good mascara and had absolutely none left in the one tube I had at home. I much prefer to go to Sephora armed with MUA and Paulas Choice reviews up my sleeve but with both my choices unavailable I had no choice but to ask Sephora for advice.

I asked for a non waterproof mascara, preferably to hold a curl. I don't like fake looking lashes so aren't bothered with volume and length - I just like my lashes to look a bit darker than when I'm not wearing mascara and if possible an added bonus is a bit of curl.

I prefer not to try the tester mascaras for health reasons, but at this price I thought I should. I had no mascara on so it looked pretty good with one quick sweep in store.

When I got it home and applied 2 coats it went quite horrible, one decent sweep of application is definitely the way to go. When I apply my Urban Decay Lush Lash I don't have this problem and can reapply at night time if needed, but not with this Dior mascara.

Overall it's fine, it will do until my favourite Urban Decay Lush Lash comes back in stock - and when it does I'm buying 2!! It's definitely not the worst I've tried, but it's by far the best too.

This will end up as a spare in my travelling makeup bag.

on 1/23/2015 4:02:00 PM

It's an okay mascara, but not worth the price. I got it for Christmas and I really wanted to make it work, but it's just not the one for me. I find the brush really hard to use and it's hard to get an even coat on your lashes. But it's fine, but not worth the price.

on 1/15/2015 11:43:00 PM

Bought my first tube of this mascara in August, and since then I've been through two tubes. It lasts 3-4 months before getting a bit dry and/or running out. Though this is expensive ($35 Canadian), it's well worth it. I will never go back to drugstore mascara after trying this - it gives length and volume without getting clumpy, it's super black and it keeps my lashes curled ALL DAY, which is a chore. I have it in waterproof because I live in a rainy city, and while it is definitely water resistant, I wouldn't call it waterproof. Doesn't flake, doesn't fall out, doesn't do anything weird. My holy grail mascara for sure!

on 1/15/2015 2:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I got this as a perk from Sephora's beauty points. I love the wand, it's curved which I like to give me really, really nice length. Curling? It's ok, but I use a lash curler so it looks good. It's a little bit clumpy though. I usually get compliments on my eyes whenever I wear this mascara, but I have a problem with this mascara, so I have to stop using it. It really makes my eyes water. Which is sad because otherwise this is a nice mascara. It's not super fabulous however that would cause me to repurchase. It's too expensive for my budget, but it probably gave my lashes the nicest length out of all my other mascaras. There is no volumizing with this mascara, which would have been nice, but it's ok it does not. I did enjoy my sample however and the packaging is elegant. Chrome and black tube, very classy. Formula is between wet and dry, just right. It is unfortunate I can't continue using this as my eyes are just too sensitive.

on 1/12/2015 9:59:00 PM

The good reviews are on point: this mascara is lengthening, volumizing, and flares out the lashes. As for the curl, I cannot really say seeing as my lashes are naturally curled. The two bad comments I would give this mascara would be 1) the ridiculous price ($35 in Canada) and 2) it does not last as long as any other mascara I've used (lasted me about 2 months until it became very dry and clumpy — and I've used numerous high end mascaras).

on 1/9/2015 4:22:00 PM

An atrocious excuse for a mascara! Paid 25 for terrible clumps and no volume; admittedly, it does hold a little curl, but nothing that couldn't be achieved with a lash curler. The packaging does look pretty, yes, however can attract fingerprints- but if you want to pay almost thirty pounds for a pretty case alone.... The first two weeks the mascara was too wet to use whatever technique I used however had dried out a little and improved a tiny amount by the third. I must emphasise I love dior products, but this didn't do it for me. Save your money, and purchase a mascara elsewhere (even high street ones are better than this!)

on 1/5/2015 8:52:00 PM

This is my favorite mascara. I keep trying others but this is the best. It actually holds curl, doesn't flake or smudge and really extends the lashes.

on 12/28/2014 10:53:00 PM

EDIT: After a month and a half or so opened, it works much better. Two thin layers applied by dragging the wand from roots to tips without zigzagging really lengthens my lashes without clumps. It's a rather thick formula, so I think it's the zigzag motion that makes the eyelashes stick together. It's not the most volumizing mascara, and I've used others that gave the same result at a lower price point, so even if I like it it's still not a product I'd buy again.

This mascara is just okay. It adds a little length and a little volume, but no more curl than any other mascara I've ever tried. It has a tendency to clump badly if one tries to apply more than one layer because it dries very fast, and my tube dried out in about two weeks so that even one layer would look somewhat clumpy. On the plus side, it does not flake and it's rather sweat resistant, so it looked good at the end of the day even if my lashes felt heavy and sticky. The wand is my favorite part: it's curved so it's very easy to apply mascara with it, and it coats most of my lashes easily. Overall, however, it's not a mascara I'd buy again at that price tag since it feels drugstore quality to me.

on 12/12/2014 4:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Let me preface my review with this:
My lashes are relatively long, and decently thick but I've always wished they looked thicker without- grouping them together. Clumpy lashes and flaking mascaras are my ENEMY.

I tried the Diorshow Iconic Overcurl Mascara as a sample from a 100-point Sephora perk. I had always heard high-end mascaras don't outperform the drugstore by a ton, so I'd never bothered with any of them.

The wand looks like a chunky, curved caterpillar. VERY fat brush, softer bristles. Not my usual favorite style brush, so I wasn't very excited about trying it.

I am absolutely blown away with this. My lashes look FAKE. I'm adding a picture of just my eyes to show off, honestly. I'm in awe. They're fanned out, lengthened beyond belief, and thickened significantly. It's a triple-threat.

This is perfect for people who want DRAMA! As for curl, I don't think this is an amazing "curling" mascara. My lashes still have some curl but they aren't going straight up in the air anymore.