Dior Diorshow Iconic Overcurl

3.6

on 8/19/2015 6:41:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I have very watery eyes sometimes and needed a good quality waterproof mascara. I tried the iconic overcurl mascara in waterproof and I really liked it . It is expensive so that may be an issue for some but I was really happy with it as it didn't end up all over my face if my eyes did water. My lashes looked lengthy and thick with a few coats with no clumpiness. The Dior conditioning serum works well with this mascara if applied beforehand(there may be cheaper alternatives to that which work as well).Drying time is very fast with this mascara so you do have to work quickly but this was good in my view as it didn't transfer when i blinked after application and ruin my eye make up. I was disappointed as I thought mine had dried out just after 5 months of using it but actually I used it every day for those 5 months so it just ran out I guess ! Expensive but I felt it was worth it and I would buy again.

on 7/18/2015 1:24:00 AM

Hair: Other, Other, Medium

Fun to use and doesn't clump or feel heavy! I like the curl it gives but the brush is odd to use.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Pros:
- lashes stay soft, not brittle
- comes off easily with Shiseido oil cleanser or cream cleanser
- no raccoon eyes
- holds curl
- thickens and darkens lashes

Cons:
- thick formula, not runny which I prefer but not a deal breaker
- expensive so two lippies off
- took awhile to learn how to use the curved brush but it actually helped coat most lashes with one swipe

Dark enough for my lashes to be noticeable without looking overdone. Got this as a 100pt gift at Sephora and it is lasting me over three weeks so far. Unlike lipsticks, you don't whip this out often enough to show off so I would not purchase unless I had money to burn.

on 7/2/2015 8:14:00 AM

I am not psyched about this purchase. This mascara has a drier texture which I like but the formula only allows 2 coats before you run the risk of clumping and the tips of your lashes sticking together in a most unattractive way. Something about the brush seems to exacerbate this. If you like to do a light application of mascara you may like this but if you are a 5 coat person then you definitely won't.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I have been using this mascara for the last 2 months on a regular basis. It took some time getting used to the wand. I would say that this is somehow average product for high end mascaras. Yes, it does hold the curl, yes it gives volume, yes the black is black, but... it clumps my lashes after the 1st application. And it smudges quite easy if I am exposed to outdoor heat. Bottom line is that if I would receive this mascara as a gift, I would use it. But I would not repurchase it.

on 6/3/2015 1:16:00 PM

This is my every day mascara and I absolutely love it. Have been using it for years. It curls, lengthens and is very black. Stays all day, doesn't come off on my face. I don't use the waterproof one but it wipes of easily with baby wipes. They have recently put the price up to 25 from 22.50 at boots which I was pretty pissed about as I thought 22.50 was expensive enough. Whenever it runs out I do look around for a cheaper alternative but always end up buying the Dior one again.
Update on this review. I recently purchased this mascara but the waterproof one. Was a total mistake as I never use waterproof mascara but thought I'd try it out. After about an hour of having it on I have black marks all under my eyes, it is an absolute nightmare to get off, even with eye make up remover (I use mac so don't know if there might be a better one out there).
So if you are looking to buy this mascara do not buy the waterproof one. Normal one is amazing, waterproof one is a nightmare.

on 5/28/2015 9:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I have used this mascara a few times over the years, and every time it has failed to live up to my expectations. It does not keep my lashes curled;1 hour after application I notice that my lashes are already starting to go flat. Another big problem is that it will always smudge under my eyes no matter what the weather is or how much mascara I've put on (however, it is easy to wipe away the smudges with my fingers or a tissue). It is also more difficult than other waterproof mascaras I've used to remove at the end of the day, even with makeup remover.

If it weren't so expensive I wouldn't mind this mascara so much, but for the price I expect a lot more. I won't be repurchasing this mascara again.

PROS:

- Good packaging
- Wand has a good shape, coats all lashes easily

CONS:

- Not smudge-proof
- Doesn't hold a curl
- Very difficult to remove at the end of the day
- Clumps if adding more than one layer
- Very expensive

on 5/19/2015 1:06:00 AM

This mascara is not waterproof does hold a curl but I have to curl it again after applying and add a waterproof top coat so it doesn't melt off. I have real long lashes that look like lash extension but unruly hard to stay curled up even with a eyelash curler not even a heated eyelash curler. They are long semi thick dark heavy and grow all different ways from downwards, straight, curled even above the lash line and in the inner corners. Lashes so dark it looks like I'm wearing eyeliner.The ones that grown close to the inner corner sometimes pokes my tear duck or feels like somethings in my eye. The lashes on the outer corner grow the longest downward so it hard to curl without curling the bottom and top together. After I curl my lashes apply mascara lashes just droop back down and even sticks to the bottom lashes when I blink. I don't apply mascara on the bottom. If the formula is too sticky my lashes clumps/sticks together. If I try to curl it again after applying mascara the eyelashes curler will get stuck to the mascara and pull some the mascara including lashes off. The moisturizing non stick mascaras takes to long to dry just weigh he lashes down doesn't keep a curl. Takes to long to apply I usually curl apply curl apply.... to get it curled up and fanned out separated. Some of the mascara just ends up on my lids when I blink or even transfer to the bottom of my eye especially the outer corners. So I usually skip mascara too messy I just give up. Nothing works.

on 5/18/2015 11:52:00 PM

Honestly expensive and I'm not impressed. I have no problem paying money for a GOOD mascara, but this isn't it. I have very straight long eyelashes, and I'm always on the hunt for a curling mascara. This didn't do much for my lashes at all. Kind disappointed by that.

on 5/13/2015 9:04:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Quite a lot comes out of the tube so I find it necessary to wipe the brush down before application. I got the waterproof version because it's the only thing that holds a curl in my straight lashes, but I find that my lashes still droop a little. Other mascaras I've tried, such as illegal lengths in waterproof, don't have this issue. Pigment is excellent, lashes look dark and dramatic. Overall it's a nice mascara but for $52 AU I won't repurchase.