Dior Diorshow Iconic Overcurl

3.6

on 7/2/2015 8:14:00 AM

I am not psyched about this purchase. This mascara has a drier texture which I like but the formula only allows 2 coats before you run the risk of clumping and the tips of your lashes sticking together in a most unattractive way. Something about the brush seems to exacerbate this. If you like to do a light application of mascara you may like this but if you are a 5 coat person then you definitely won't.

on 6/17/2015 11:37:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I was so excited to try this mascara. Last time I treated myself to a luxury mascara was this time last year, when I got a YSL mascara which was amazing. This one is definitely not as great.

This mascara worked pretty well for the first few weeks. It gives me good volume and length with just one coat. My lashes are naturally long and dark so I know a mascara gives a good effect when I definitely notice the difference. With this, I notice the difference and I think it provides a nice glamorous effect while still looking natural (with one coat). The brush is nice and the packaging is luxurious as you would expect from Dior.

However, after a few weeks it got more and more clumpy. I opened the tube about 1 month ago give or take and these days the result of using this mascara are not so great. It clumps quite a bit. Of course I could brush my lashes and stuff, but who has the time for that in the mornings? It also flakes a bit (now, it didn't initially) and it is not the best wearing when it's raining. It doesn't give me panda eyes per se, but it can smudge a little and/or flake off a little.

At the moment the effect I get from this is the same I would get from a drugstore mascara and for that reason I will not buy this mascara again. It was nice initially, but it was never great and being so expensive I would expect it to perform well for 3 months. I got a travel eyeshadow quad with this (bought it as a giftset) but I have not used it yet.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I have been using this mascara for the last 2 months on a regular basis. It took some time getting used to the wand. I would say that this is somehow average product for high end mascaras. Yes, it does hold the curl, yes it gives volume, yes the black is black, but... it clumps my lashes after the 1st application. And it smudges quite easy if I am exposed to outdoor heat. Bottom line is that if I would receive this mascara as a gift, I would use it. But I would not repurchase it.

on 6/3/2015 1:16:00 PM

This is my every day mascara and I absolutely love it. Have been using it for years. It curls, lengthens and is very black. Stays all day, doesn't come off on my face. I don't use the waterproof one but it wipes of easily with baby wipes. They have recently put the price up to 25 from 22.50 at boots which I was pretty pissed about as I thought 22.50 was expensive enough. Whenever it runs out I do look around for a cheaper alternative but always end up buying the Dior one again.
Update on this review. I recently purchased this mascara but the waterproof one. Was a total mistake as I never use waterproof mascara but thought I'd try it out. After about an hour of having it on I have black marks all under my eyes, it is an absolute nightmare to get off, even with eye make up remover (I use mac so don't know if there might be a better one out there).
So if you are looking to buy this mascara do not buy the waterproof one. Normal one is amazing, waterproof one is a nightmare.

on 5/28/2015 9:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I have used this mascara a few times over the years, and every time it has failed to live up to my expectations. It does not keep my lashes curled;1 hour after application I notice that my lashes are already starting to go flat. Another big problem is that it will always smudge under my eyes no matter what the weather is or how much mascara I've put on (however, it is easy to wipe away the smudges with my fingers or a tissue). It is also more difficult than other waterproof mascaras I've used to remove at the end of the day, even with makeup remover.

If it weren't so expensive I wouldn't mind this mascara so much, but for the price I expect a lot more. I won't be repurchasing this mascara again.

PROS:

- Good packaging
- Wand has a good shape, coats all lashes easily

CONS:

- Not smudge-proof
- Doesn't hold a curl
- Very difficult to remove at the end of the day
- Clumps if adding more than one layer
- Very expensive

on 5/19/2015 1:06:00 AM

This mascara is not waterproof does hold a curl but I have to curl it again after applying and add a waterproof top coat so it doesn't melt off. I have real long lashes that look like lash extension but unruly hard to stay curled up even with a eyelash curler not even a heated eyelash curler. They are long semi thick dark heavy and grow all different ways from downwards, straight, curled even above the lash line and in the inner corners. Lashes so dark it looks like I'm wearing eyeliner.The ones that grown close to the inner corner sometimes pokes my tear duck or feels like somethings in my eye. The lashes on the outer corner grow the longest downward so it hard to curl without curling the bottom and top together. After I curl my lashes apply mascara lashes just droop back down and even sticks to the bottom lashes when I blink. I don't apply mascara on the bottom. If the formula is too sticky my lashes clumps/sticks together. If I try to curl it again after applying mascara the eyelashes curler will get stuck to the mascara and pull some the mascara including lashes off. The moisturizing non stick mascaras takes to long to dry just weigh he lashes down doesn't keep a curl. Takes to long to apply I usually curl apply curl apply.... to get it curled up and fanned out separated. Some of the mascara just ends up on my lids when I blink or even transfer to the bottom of my eye especially the outer corners. So I usually skip mascara too messy I just give up. Nothing works.

on 5/18/2015 11:52:00 PM

Honestly expensive and I'm not impressed. I have no problem paying money for a GOOD mascara, but this isn't it. I have very straight long eyelashes, and I'm always on the hunt for a curling mascara. This didn't do much for my lashes at all. Kind disappointed by that.

on 5/13/2015 9:04:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Quite a lot comes out of the tube so I find it necessary to wipe the brush down before application. I got the waterproof version because it's the only thing that holds a curl in my straight lashes, but I find that my lashes still droop a little. Other mascaras I've tried, such as illegal lengths in waterproof, don't have this issue. Pigment is excellent, lashes look dark and dramatic. Overall it's a nice mascara but for $52 AU I won't repurchase.

on 4/6/2015 10:08:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Very disappointing for the money! One of the most expensive that I have purchased. The formula is a bit drier than others and it seems to get drier as time goes on. It has only been 2 months (if it have under 1 month, I would have returned) and I dislike it more as time goes on. While it does curl the lashes up, over the day the curl does not hold! The pigment isn't bad, but I still need like it darker. I dislike it so much for NOT holding the curl, that despite the price I will throw it away because what good is a masara that can't hold the style throughout the day? Do not waste your money on this one! There are drugstore and Sephora mascaras that are better for a lot less cost.

on 3/31/2015 12:17:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

pros:
- the brown shade is a beautiful dark brown, not reddish
- easy to apply with minimal clumping
- actually seems to curl
- you only need one coat
- doesn't feel heavy or uncomfortable when wearing
- doesn't smudge easily,
- longlasting, 1 tube lasts me a year.

cons
- I still need to use an eyelash curler
- the brush is pretty average in my opinion, and very big
- using more than one coat will give you fat clumpy lashes, so you have to be carefully doing your finishing touches.

I'd recommend this to anyone wanting a brown mascara, or someone wanting to add staying power to the curl in their eyelashes after curling.