August 1, 2014 | 1317 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Colossal Cat Eyes Waterproof

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2014 5:42:00 PM More reviews by gracie114

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This mascara defines my lashes well and adds length to them. It holds a curl and does not flake.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2014 1:31:00 PM More reviews by transmute

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I decided to pick this up a few months ago when I decided The Rocket just wasn't working for me. The packaging initially caught me eye— the leopard print detail is really cute! I was pleasantly surprised by this mascara's ability to separate and lengthen my lashes almost perfectly. Almost. The curve in the brush coats and separates each lash, but this mascara can become quite clumpy if you let it dry and apply additional coats. As long as you work with it when it's still wet, it looks absolutely amazing, not to mention it holds a curl insanely well. It holds up pretty well against my teary eyes and in warm weather, but I do find it smudges just the slightest bit on my lower lash line at the very end of the day. The ONLY gripe I have with this mascara is that it's so difficult to remove! I feel like I have to really scrub my lashes in every way possible in order to get it off completely, but despite that, this just might be my HG drugstore mascara.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/19/2014 6:34:00 AM More reviews by paralleluniverse

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I think this mascara reinforces that I really need to stop buying Maybelline mascaras because they don't agree with my eyelashes...even though their appealing packaging always call out my name!

A little bit of background info: I'm Asian with slightly oily monolids.

First off, I love the wand - curved and petite. The shape of the wand makes it easy to use and grabs ALL my short but fairly voluminous lashes, even the ones in the outer corner. Definitely the best part of the mascara.

Second, the formula - it's slightly wet but it retains a curl fairly well. It provides some lengthening effect, slightly darkens my lashes and adds some volume.

Third the packaging - I love the fact that it's yellow and has little orange spots!

Unfortunately this smudges on my lids and under my eyes like there is no tomorrow and well... I'm binning this. I don't have any use for a mascara that smudges.This mascara will be my last foray into Maybelline mascaras; the waterproof formulas simply don't live up to my standards.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2014 2:30:00 PM More reviews by s0fa

I've been trying to stick to Maybelline mascara, as I don't wear makeup often so it doesn't make a lot of sense to invest in a Dior wand (although, they are all quite nice). I used to only go for fat brushes thinking bigger is better, but what makes this mascara amazing are:

1) the brush is thin, which means the bristles grabs all my lashes, even corner lashes really well. It gives that full look in one swoop
2) the brush is curved, which means I don't need to curl my lashes before, it will give me a more natural lift. I can even turn the brush and swipe my corner lashes with the curved end for even more of a cat eye.

The two downsides of this mascara are:
1) I have to use a primer, otherwise it will easily smudge and transfer pigment to my under eye
2) The product doesn't seem to last. It gets clumpy/dried out after 3 weeks. I find this to be the case with a lot of drugstore brands, but since I don't use it very often it's okay for me.

I either wear this alone or I pair it with Mega Plush to give a soft and demure cat eye look. Very natural and sexy looking, not overdramatic.

Note - this dries quickly, but a few swipes is all you need to get volume.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/2/2014 2:12:00 PM More reviews by 4ever29

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Gave beautiful lashes, but unfortunately this transferred and smudged on me in an hour. Waterproof it is not. BUT everything smudges on me except Blinc. Also impossible to get off, using an oil based remover I still had smudges of black under my eyes in the morning and some of my lashes were stuck together cause that last little bit just wont come off!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2014 10:20:00 PM More reviews by aznmnkygrl808

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

For reference: Asian with long lashes but they're straight.

Maybelline hands down has the best mascaras in the drugstore.

My HG is the maybelline waterproof full n' soft.

The wand surprised me because I was expecting it to be thicker and fuller but I love it!!! It clings to all my lashes. This mascara doesn't really give a lot of volume but it does separate and lengthen. The curved wand helps cling onto my outer lashes so when I drag them outwards, it really does elongate my eyes, giving them a cat eye effect.

The thin wand is also perfect for lower lashes because it won't make a black mess during application.

Definitely would repurchase!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2014 12:38:00 AM More reviews by graceybaby8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I actually like this mascara. I got it on sale for $6.99 at london drugs. I like how the curved natural brush grabs on to my lashes and really ensures all my lashes are coated with this product. It's a dry formula and you have to work fast or else your lashes will clump. It doesn't lengthen my lashes but it adds noticeable volume. It also holds a curls well but slightly smudges a little. Overall I like this mascara over my maybelline falsies and rocket and all of the cover girl mascaras . I would buy this again if I was in a pickle but I would like to try the original colossal mascara and other maybelline mascaras. I just wish the packagaging wasn't so chubby.

Update: I've noticed this mascara smudges quite a bit after a few hours... Which is a big downside.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2014 7:35:00 PM More reviews by emilymicheleh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I've bought this mascara around 15 times, I'd have to say. I'd consider this my HG mascara due to the fact that I can't find anything better. This holds my curl all day, no flaking and makes them look long and plump. Just to give you and idea of my eyelashes: They are nice in length, light brown, not sparse but not super thick- just in the middle and straight. It is so hard for me to find a mascara to completely satisfy me- even this one I'm not so sure satisfies me 100% but darn near close enough. I love this mascara. It comes in a yellow tube with cheetah print (who could resist that?) and is quite black. My only problem I have that I absolutely can not stand is through out the day I find where the tips of my eyelashes lay against my skin I get black dots from the mascara rubbing off and my eyelids aren't even oily. It's strange. The only way I can prevent it is by using a primer and matte eyeshadow but I don't wear eyeshadow often. I give this 4 out of 5 lippies. Minus one because it doesn't 100% satisfy me (but close) and the black dots. Other than that, LOVE THIS MASCARA.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/21/2014 10:52:00 AM More reviews by allycat7005

Ok so I'll admit, the first time I ever wore this I was so disappointed. I was almost tempted to give this product a 1 , but I decided to give it a couple more tries. I'm very glad that I did.
When I first wore this, I was in a major hurry to go somewhere so I just ripped it out of the package and swiped it on. My lashes were tangled and clumped together, and it was a huge flaky mess. I was very upset, but I used it again. This time I was more careful with the wand and took my time. I was impressed. My eyelashes were thick and long. The curved wand helps get all of the little lashes that are hard to reach, but you have to be careful when applying. I would repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/20/2014 7:04:00 PM More reviews by jadefly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I am a huge fan of leopard print, so I LOVE the sassy, cheerful metallic orange on yellow packaging of Colossal Cat Eyes! It lengthens and darkens my eyelashes and makes me feel really glamorous when I first put it on. Unfortunately, I find that not even its waterproof version can avoid smearing from my upper lashes to my undereye area by the end of the day - and not in a sexy smoky-eye kind of way. That aside, it's just a little too showy for my taste: I prefer "natural and pretty" for everyday. I'm going to return this one and stick with my old dependable Maybelline Full 'N Soft for now.