April 21, 2014 | 952 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Colossal Cat Eyes Waterproof

rated 3 of 5 on 4/20/2014 7:04:00 PM More reviews by jadefly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I am a huge fan of leopard print, so I LOVE the sassy, cheerful metallic orange on yellow packaging of Colossal Cat Eyes! It lengthens and darkens my eyelashes and makes me feel really glamorous when I first put it on. Unfortunately, I find that not even its waterproof version can avoid smearing from my upper lashes to my undereye area by the end of the day - and not in a sexy smoky-eye kind of way. That aside, it's just a little too showy for my taste: I prefer "natural and pretty" for everyday. I'm going to return this one and stick with my old dependable Maybelline Full 'N Soft for now.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2014 1:40:00 AM More reviews by ishiharaseth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is one of my all-time favorite mascaras. Very little clumping, if any, and the formula really works to define every lash that you brush across. It gives a more natural but still edgy look.

My only complaint is that it seems to dry out VERY quickly.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2014 8:40:00 PM More reviews by sizza911

Another Maybelline mascara that I love. I think I've tried almost every drugstore brand out there and nothing performs for me like Maybelline. I love this one the most I think. My lashes stick straight out so I need to use a waterproof formula if I want them to hold a curl. Non-waterproof mascaras just pull my lashes out straight. I love the curved brush with the short bristles, it makes getting to the base of my lashes and outer corners so easy. Very little clumping on this one. I don't find the formula too wet or too dry-- just right. Two coats dry quickly and I'm good to go. Love it, will definately re-purchase when I'm done.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2014 11:50:00 AM More reviews by mrsCuevash

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

THE BEST!!! BEAUTIFUL LONG LASHES!!! HOLDS CURL ALL DAY!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2014 6:07:00 PM More reviews by ifthe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really love the brush on this. It gets every single lash, doesn't clump, and although I wouldn't call my lashes "colossal", they were full and well defined.
Unfortunately, this "waterproof" formula didn't perform any better than a non waterproof mascara. It did transfer and smudge after around six hours.
What a shame, since the initial effect is so lovely.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2014 9:19:00 AM More reviews by mitzigouenji

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this mascara! I recently started wearing make up 2 months ago and I'm already attached to this mascara, I have really short eyelashes and this works wonders in giving them volume and length, I love how it's waterproof and it lasts all day! Kind of hard removing it though but it shows how much it'll keep its form. It doesn't feel heavy and it's good for women with short eyelashes, it really helps bring them out. The price is a good and I see it as a bargain because it's an excellent mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2014 2:19:00 AM More reviews by rgomez4

I bought this to try it out even though I did not like the regular colossal tube because it flaked. This mascara, however, is amazing! It holds my curl like no other mascara! It lasts all day through workouts and swimming. The only thing I have noticed is that it smudges a bit at the end of my eyes. I'm still not entirely sure if this is due to my eyeliner or the mascara itself. My current tube broke and the brush detached from the top. This was super annoying considering I had just bought the tube. Overall, I love this mascara and it is my current favorite.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2014 2:10:00 PM More reviews by SimpleNSexy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Basically my go-to drugstore mascara.

I really love the Falsies Flared edition as well so I go back an forth between these two.
The formula is pretty much the same for both except that the brush on this one makes your lashes really flare out and gets each lash. Only thing I could do without is the spiky-ness of the bristles.

Wet and goopy like all Maybelline mascaras so leave is uncapped overnight for the perfect consistency :)

rated 2 of 5 on 1/13/2014 1:01:00 AM More reviews by Xexuxa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Black

This formula actually disappointed me. The wand is a brush wand that is firm, fairly small, and curved. You can get an even application with the wand, but the formula fell short for me because it smudged very badly on my brow bone. I have very oily skin, but I do wear an eyeshadow primer. The color was very opaque, and it held the curl well so it wasn't horrible but I prefer other formulas by Maybelline.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2014 10:29:00 PM More reviews by rav2b

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Wow! This is a keeper. I've been on a mascara jag the last few months. Can't believe I didn't wear any for several years, but eye sensitivities had made it seem like russian roulette. Now I don't remember what brought me back, but Merle Norman's lovely Lash Supreme was a good start. Although it holds up rather well otherwise, it isn't waterproof, and I get teary-eyed without warning. I was also hoping to find something I'd use without a lash primer. Tried a bunch (thanks, MUA and Ulta!), but most did nothing, and poking my eye with the new rubber bristle wands hurt. Learning that Benefit had a small size, I thought I'd try They're Real, one of the heavy hitters. OMG. Had no idea all those long lashes had been in hiding! But $23, for the regular size, felt a bit steep. On the other hand, i wouldn't need the primer. Still, $23 is $23. Well, shopping my stash, I came across this one. Didn't remember trying it, but it was out of the package. When I pulled the wand out I remembered that the very curved brush had just looked too scary, since I was already poking myself with straight ones. But I had to try...and...WOW. Second only to They're Real, at a fraction of the cost. And not far behind. Also managed not to poke myself. I'm a very happy camper.