Maybelline Colossal Cat Eyes Waterproof

4.1

on 2/4/2015 10:09:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Looking for a replacement for One By One. My mascara needs to accomplish three things: hold a curl, create volume and not leave me without raccoon eyes. Cat Eyes holds a curl extremely well, but didn't do much in the way of creating volume and it left me with raccoon eyes. Not even close to replacing One By One. Won't repurchase.

on 2/4/2015 6:56:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Racoon eyes = fail. This is a thin mascara that does hold curl but adds no volume. I was hoping it would have been a suitable replacement for my beloved One By One. Nope.

on 1/27/2015 5:26:00 AM

Have used this for the past year, the only one that can actually hold a curl. I have short asian lashes and this has been my lifesaver! Gives great length.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

My favourite mascara, One by One, got discontinued so I decided to try this one. I must say I love this even more!

1) My eyelids are incredibly oily so I need a waterproof mascara. I repeat- it NEEDS to be waterproof! Paired with UD's Primer Potion, I don't get raccoon eyes even after an entire day's wear! I finally found my HG mascara!

2) I like the curved brush because it fits nicely into my eye's shape, although it is a bit more difficult to apply to my lower lashes. It separates lashes and layers very well and even lengthens your lashes a bit when you apply it to the tips.

I've tried a lot of different mascaras and this one actually works. A lot of people commented about how my eyelashes look really long when I used this :)

on 11/20/2014 11:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

The hunger strikes can cease, ladies! I have finally found my Holy Grail mascara. It has its worts. It does get a bit crunchy and hard to remove but that is just the price I have to pay. It holds my curl better than any mascara I have tried and that's saying a lot. I have tried just about every drug store brand and many, many high end brands. Nothing keeps my lashes curled and perky like this one.

I had high hopes for this mascara, considering the first 3 maybelline mascaras (the falsies, waterproof black drama, and one by one) I bought did so well on my lashes, but sadly this was a huge disappointment coz I found it too drying and too harsh on the eyes. It doesn't add volume, and only adds a little bit of length... just enough to make people say - "ohhh, you're wearing a mascara," but nothing special or amazing.On a positive note, it does hold the curl, doesn't flake or smudge, and it's waterproof amidst the humidity and rain for 8 hours.

on 7/29/2014 5:42:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This mascara defines my lashes well and adds length to them. It holds a curl and does not flake.

on 7/15/2014 1:31:00 PM

I decided to pick this up a few months ago when I decided The Rocket just wasn't working for me. The packaging initially caught me eye— the leopard print detail is really cute! I was pleasantly surprised by this mascara's ability to separate and lengthen my lashes almost perfectly. Almost. The curve in the brush coats and separates each lash, but this mascara can become quite clumpy if you let it dry and apply additional coats. As long as you work with it when it's still wet, it looks absolutely amazing, not to mention it holds a curl insanely well. It holds up pretty well against my teary eyes and in warm weather, but I do find it smudges just the slightest bit on my lower lash line at the very end of the day. The ONLY gripe I have with this mascara is that it's so difficult to remove! I feel like I have to really scrub my lashes in every way possible in order to get it off completely, but despite that, this just might be my HG drugstore mascara.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I think this mascara reinforces that I really need to stop buying Maybelline mascaras because they don't agree with my eyelashes...even though their appealing packaging always call out my name!

A little bit of background info: I'm Asian with slightly oily monolids.

First off, I love the wand - curved and petite. The shape of the wand makes it easy to use and grabs ALL my short but fairly voluminous lashes, even the ones in the outer corner. Definitely the best part of the mascara.

Second, the formula - it's slightly wet but it retains a curl fairly well. It provides some lengthening effect, slightly darkens my lashes and adds some volume.

Third the packaging - I love the fact that it's yellow and has little orange spots!

Unfortunately this smudges on my lids and under my eyes like there is no tomorrow and well... I'm binning this. I don't have any use for a mascara that smudges.This mascara will be my last foray into Maybelline mascaras; the waterproof formulas simply don't live up to my standards.

on 5/23/2014 2:30:00 PM

I've been trying to stick to Maybelline mascara, as I don't wear makeup often so it doesn't make a lot of sense to invest in a Dior wand (although, they are all quite nice). I used to only go for fat brushes thinking bigger is better, but what makes this mascara amazing are:

1) the brush is thin, which means the bristles grabs all my lashes, even corner lashes really well. It gives that full look in one swoop
2) the brush is curved, which means I don't need to curl my lashes before, it will give me a more natural lift. I can even turn the brush and swipe my corner lashes with the curved end for even more of a cat eye.

The two downsides of this mascara are:
1) I have to use a primer, otherwise it will easily smudge and transfer pigment to my under eye
2) The product doesn't seem to last. It gets clumpy/dried out after 3 weeks. I find this to be the case with a lot of drugstore brands, but since I don't use it very often it's okay for me.

I either wear this alone or I pair it with Mega Plush to give a soft and demure cat eye look. Very natural and sexy looking, not overdramatic.

Note - this dries quickly, but a few swipes is all you need to get volume.