Maybelline Colossal Cat Eyes Waterproof

on 6/5/2015 3:41:00 PM

This product gets a 5/5 for its waterproof ability alone. You really do need to use a waterproof make up remover if you want to use this mascara and remove it too. As for application, it doesn't clump and separates lashes beautifully. I'm not surprised to see such a high review for this.

on 5/3/2015 11:13:00 PM

On my lashes: 4/5
Within 1 hour: -5/5

I'm a Southeast Asian with short, sparse, straight (pointing down), hard-to-hold-a-curl lashes. Yeah, I know, I'm blessed in that department.

What I look for in a mascara: length, volume, curl (duration), smudge-proof, waterproof.
I always get waterproof because those formulas hold better curls.

Moving on to this mascara:
Curls: Great! The formula certainly holds my curls quite well. I can often wear it for 8 hours with the curls still intact.
Length: Fairly decent! Not va-va-voom, but visibly and beautifully lengthens my lashes to some extent.
Volume: Fairly decent! Similarly, my lashes are visibly thicker and fuller to some extent.

Waterproof: Never went swimming nor cried while wearing this, so I cannot attest to this quality. But I do believe my curls are well-held because of its waterproof formula. So...probably a yay?

Smudge-proof: NAY!! NAY, NAY, NAY. Like the little girl at Target I overheard saying, "holy lipsticks!" This product is the mother of all mothers of smudging. RACCOON EYES GUARANTEED. EVERY TIME.

I have tried many drugstore mascaras, and there have been some that were quite the smudgy type; but I kid you not when I say that this mascara has some intense smudging power. I've set my under-eyes with powder. I've given sufficient time for the product to dry before I let my lashes touch my under-eyes (from blinking). Nothing worked! I've been persistent though. I'm still using it because I don't want to waste the product. But holy damn. Every single time I get home from school (which is usually just 5 hours!), I look into the mirror. Lo and behold, there it is. Those damn smudges. But I always thought, "maybe it's because I walk a lot and sweat a lot." Well! I went to lunch with some colleagues two days ago. Decided to wear it (because I love everything about it so much -- length, volume, curl), and I figured lunch was only going to be about 2 hours...3 max, walking included. Well, lunch was about 1.5 hours. Then I went to the bathroom and instinctively looked at myself in the mirror. I was appalled. My eyes looked like raccoon eyes.

So, no, I don't think I'll be repurchasing this mascara.

Other info:
Packaging: cute, compact.
Removal: easy. Cleansing oil - with ease. Wipes only - fairly easy.
Color: true to color (ie. "Black" is actually black)
Price: depends where you buy it.

on 4/1/2015 7:18:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This mascara is honestly the best I have EVER used! It leaves absolutely no clumps and literally does it jobs with volumeising and lengthening lashes without making it too obvious that mascara is being worn! Overall, number 1 go to mascara, highly recommend and super affordable!

on 3/14/2015 11:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was looking for a waterproof mascara that could still hold a curl, add volume etc. i have reasonably thick, dark lashes which are blonde on the ends and they are pretty straight. I normally use and love By Terry Terrybly mascara but that's not waterproof. Anyway, I read the mainly positive reviews here and thought it was worth trying. Unfortunately this doesn't work for me. The packaging is cute. The brush is good. The mascara is pretty thin though and doesn't add much volume. It holds a curl with no problem. But the main problems are for me that this mascara manages to smudge under my eyes and it also flakes - getting bits of mascara in my eyes is not my preferred way to spend my time. It's dirt cheap compared to my usual mascara - paid about au$16 at chemist warehouse - but as I can't use it it was still money wasted. The search continues.

on 2/4/2015 10:09:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Looking for a replacement for One By One. My mascara needs to accomplish three things: hold a curl, create volume and not leave me without raccoon eyes. Cat Eyes holds a curl extremely well, but didn't do much in the way of creating volume and it left me with raccoon eyes. Not even close to replacing One By One. Won't repurchase.

on 2/4/2015 6:56:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Racoon eyes = fail. This is a thin mascara that does hold curl but adds no volume. I was hoping it would have been a suitable replacement for my beloved One By One. Nope.

on 1/27/2015 5:26:00 AM

Have used this for the past year, the only one that can actually hold a curl. I have short asian lashes and this has been my lifesaver! Gives great length.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

My favourite mascara, One by One, got discontinued so I decided to try this one. I must say I love this even more!

1) My eyelids are incredibly oily so I need a waterproof mascara. I repeat- it NEEDS to be waterproof! Paired with UD's Primer Potion, I don't get raccoon eyes even after an entire day's wear! I finally found my HG mascara!

2) I like the curved brush because it fits nicely into my eye's shape, although it is a bit more difficult to apply to my lower lashes. It separates lashes and layers very well and even lengthens your lashes a bit when you apply it to the tips.

I've tried a lot of different mascaras and this one actually works. A lot of people commented about how my eyelashes look really long when I used this :)

on 11/20/2014 11:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

The hunger strikes can cease, ladies! I have finally found my Holy Grail mascara. It has its worts. It does get a bit crunchy and hard to remove but that is just the price I have to pay. It holds my curl better than any mascara I have tried and that's saying a lot. I have tried just about every drug store brand and many, many high end brands. Nothing keeps my lashes curled and perky like this one.

I had high hopes for this mascara, considering the first 3 maybelline mascaras (the falsies, waterproof black drama, and one by one) I bought did so well on my lashes, but sadly this was a huge disappointment coz I found it too drying and too harsh on the eyes. It doesn't add volume, and only adds a little bit of length... just enough to make people say - "ohhh, you're wearing a mascara," but nothing special or amazing.On a positive note, it does hold the curl, doesn't flake or smudge, and it's waterproof amidst the humidity and rain for 8 hours.

Popular Mascaras