July 31, 2014 | 1746 users online

Treatments (Face) - NuFountain C20 + Lightening

rated 1 of 5 on 1/18/2014 5:14:00 AM More reviews by taxi

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

After seeing so many positives here for this brand, I tried it. Very reasonably priced compared to others, came in a dark blue bottle with a dropper. No stinging & I guess it would be effective with regular use. I really can't tell, because it oxidized & turned orange so quickly that I had to throw away 2/3 of the product.

Never again.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2013 10:13:00 AM More reviews by mixedtape

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I had developed some annoying melasma/hyperpigmentation on my forehead, a few spots on my upper cheekbones and most annoyingly of all, on my upper lip (which I referred to as my "sunstache"). Years of sun exposure, birth control and messy hormones due to pregnancies & miscarriages had left their mark, quite literally, all over my face! I've been using Melalite (hydroquinone 4%) from ADC at night under my RAM but it wasn't giving me great results and it also STINKS. Like, truly reeks. But I put up with it because I was desperate. Makeup couldn't cover what was on my lip, it may made it seem darker & ashy. So, I decided to try this product I read about a few times on the SC board, where the brand was recommended as an inexpensive C serum. I'd dabbled in C serums before, but I was also battling hormonal acne and C serums never found a permanent place in my arsenal of products. Well, spironolactone cleared my acne, so I was free to tackle my next skin problem. I apply this once in the morning (still using the Melalite at night, but will be stopping that soon since you're supposed to do 3 mos on, 3 mos off with hq). At first it would make my skin feel warm, and if I have any irritation it stings for a few seconds. I have been using my bottle for 8 weeks and I have seen a huge improvement in my forehead & lip! The spots on my cheeks are more visible still, but they don't bother me as much. I also follow the serum with the most kick-butt sunscreen I can handle (Bioderma Photoderm Kid Spray SPF 50/PPD 35), which I literally wear every day. Yes, even on rainy days & days I might not be leaving the house. Just in case!

I've ordered a second shipment bc even though I've been storing it on a dark drawer, the formula has started to darken. I still have maybe 1/4 of it left and will keep using it until my fresh bottles arrive (if you order 2 you get the 3rd free). I will keep the extras in the fridge. And this brings me to my first minor complaint...for it to stay fresh longer, it needs to be refrigerated, and this is an annoyance for me. I don't want to have to go downstairs to apply it then back up to finish getting ready. But, I am lazy! My 2nd complaint is that if I use this every day and my RAM at night, I shed like a snake! Lots and lots of peeling. So, it's a delicate dance trying to keep that from happening. I try to do RAM every 3rd night, and if I start to get super peely, I knock the serum back to every other day.

Bottom line, this is an effective & inexpensive serum. Ordering from amazon is probably my preferred method of shopping as it is super easy & I always get great service. I've already repurchased and will continue to until my spots are gone. At that point I will switch to one of their other formulations if I don't need the lightening benefits anymore.