November 26, 2014 | 1928 users online

Blush - Estee Lauder - Pure Color Blush - Hot Sienna #06

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2013 12:18:00 PM More reviews by BassKitten808

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite blush that I've tried so far. It's the perfect natural color for me and it's amazing quality as well. It's got the most beautiful substantial packaging, the compact has a nice weight to it so it just looks and feels super expensive. The blush itself is a medium warm reddish, slightly brownish, rose shade. Though it's labeled as a Satin, it has no visible shimmer or sheen. There is a very trivial shimmer if you look for it in the pan but it's very sparse and doesn't show up on your cheeks. Even though I'd consider this more of a matte, it doesn't look at all dull or flat on the skin which is the problem I have with some matte blushes. It's pigmented indefinitely (you only need a couple dabs), but even so it blends out so nicely so I never have problems with over-done blush, or it looking muddy or splotchy. The texture is very smooth and dense so it's not powdery at all. It picks up on my brush really easily without there being a bunch of powder kick up. One of my favorite things about this blush that really makes it stand out to me over other blushes, is that it's the longest lasting blush that I've tried. It out-lasts the Tarte Amazonian Clay blushes, Illamasqua blushes and the Nars blushes on me. I'd say blush is one of the only makeup items that doesn't last on my skin very well, most of them just tend to fade noticably after 4-5 hours, but I can still see this blush on my cheeks after 9 hours which is a long time for me. It's is just perfection, it looks very natural on my NC35-NC40 skintone and it adds to that "sun kissed, beach-goddess" look that I tend to go for. I think this would work on a lot of skintones even on lighter skin if used lightly. But especially if you have medium or tan skin. Though it's a little more on the expensive side, for $28 you get 7 grams of product which is a ton considering a Tarte blush is $26 for 5.6 grams, Illamasqua is $26 for 4.5 grams, and Nars is $29 for 4.8 grams. I'm so happy with this blush, it never fails me. The color, the formula, the packaging and the amount you get, makes it totally HG for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2013 3:12:00 PM More reviews by susiej

HG status for me. I first came across this blush when fiddling around with the Estee Lauder online makeover tool (where you upload your picture and can select products to be digitally "made up"). I liked the result so I made a note of the shade and went to check it out in the shop. My first instincts were that I would never have selected a blush this shade if I hadn't pre-researched it. I am a hopeless shopper in many ways when it comes to blush- I know what I like and I end up buying essentially the same product (peachy pinks) across all the different brands when I should really broaden my horizons!

Hot Sienna is really aptly named. It is a satin finish brown, reddish, deep rose shade- with no shimmer at all. Applied lightly to my olive skin it provides the most wonderful flush of 'hot' colour. This is such a true natural on me because it genuinely reminds me of how I look when I have just lightly caught the sun. I love that it has no shimmer in it. Sparkles are great- but sometimes you really just want to look naturally good in your makeup and in so far as I am aware no one bar fictional vampires twinkles in the heat! Because of this I am also happy to add just a touch of this across the nose and forehead to harmonise everything together.

Formula wise everything is silky smooth. The blush is pigmented without being silly-so, (I hate having to take loads off the brush, feels like such a waste). The packaging has a luxuriant feel about it in gold with a very substantial good quality mirror. I can't actually comment about the brush provided as I always do away with mini brushes and use my own.

It isn't cheap but you get 7g that will most likely last you a long time- and the shade + formula is, in my opinion pretty hard to dupe.

This blush gets the full 5* rating because- asides all the other points covered in detail- it does what I want pretty much all make-up to do for me- enhance my face in a way that looks attractive and natural.