beautyblender Solid Cleanser

4.4

Sodium Palmate, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Water, Glycerin, Coconut acid, Titanium Dioxide, Palmitic Acid, fragrance, Sodium Chloride, tetrasodium EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice Powder.

on 3/4/2015 4:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I almost hate to write this review because this product is simply great, but the price is simply ridiculous for what it is and it is the only thing that keeps me from purchasing it. I rec'd this as a 100pt Sephora perk. It gets my sponges and brushes cleaner faster than Dawn. I don't have to spend a ridiculous amount of time rinsing out the soap like I do when I use Dawn ( I use barely a 1/2 drop) in the palm of my hand. Now when I say cleaner...I mean like new spotless. I did 2 sponges and 4 or five brushes in less than five minutes, I kid you not. But really....$16.00 for a bar of soap for my makeup sponges/brushes is irritating to me.

on 3/2/2015 10:51:00 AM

This is the only soap that was able to cleanse my beautyblender, so bravo!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I first tried this by receiving a mini size as a 100 point perk from Sephora. Its about the size of a half dollar, maybe slightly larger. Its good amount of product for a mini. I have the beauty blender pro (the black one) and the original pink one. My pink one is older and stained from Revlon Colorstay despite regular cleansing.
One wash with this... and my pink, foundation stained beauty blender came so clean, it looked brand new. I will be honest and I never believe the brand name cleanser was necessary but I've changed my mind completely. It was so much easier to clean my beauty blenders completely and thoroughly, not to mention more quickly.
This mini will last me quite a long time but I will for sure purchase the full sized solid cleanser when this mini runs out. Great product to complement one of my favorite beauty tools. I recommend this to everyone who uses beauty blenders on a regular bases who would like to cut down on washing time.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Love this stuff, everything others have said and more. I own 3 beautyblenders for personal use and just bought a micromini too. I'm able to easily clean all of them in under 5 minutes, which helps me avoid procrastinating.

I used my sponges to apply self tanner to my face and the self tanner stained them, which is when I bought this. It does take some of it off but also removes some of the color, leading to a weathered look.

One caveat that I do have is that the formula is so deep cleansing that it dries out my hands even more than dish soap. I feel like I need to put moisture gloves and a hand mask on afterwards every single time.

on 2/10/2015 11:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I got this as a free Point Perk from Sephora because I've always wanted to try it, but avoided buying it due to the cost. It does work well, but I don't think it's any better than Dr. Bronner's castile soap which is a lot cheaper for way more product. I will use up the sample, but I probably won't buy the full size once it's gone.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This stuff is amazing. I'm a real stickler when it comes to cleaning my brushes. I like them CLEAN. When I got the small solid that came with my beauty blender I ignored it for a few weeks because I thought my previous methods were fine. Well I ran out of what I was using so I whipped this puppy out and cleaned away. Not only was I amazed at how much product came off the brushes I had been using, I was appalled by what had come off the brushes I hadn't even used since washing them last! Also it removed all foundation stains from my beauty blenders new and old. I love this thing and bought the full size immediately.

on 1/17/2015 6:21:00 AM

This soap is amazing! I travel on business a lot and sometimes have very little time to spare for my make up brushes and wow this soap does the job quickly and easily! My brushes get cleaned fast and I think it does much better job than baby shampoo or liquid cleanser. Packaging is also great, the soap is sealed into a plastic container that you can carry with you where ever you go. I am now planning to buy one for travelling and one to keep at home. Highly recommend!

on 12/29/2014 11:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This stuff is incredible for cleansing the beautyblender sponge. I tried the liquid beauty blender cleanser, and not only did it smell awful, it didn't thoroughly clean my sponge. I tried hand soap and other brush cleaners, but they all left behind foundation stains as well, even after lengthy cleansing which took forever to rinse out. I don't know what it is about this formulation, but it WORKS, and fast. Just wet your beauty blender, rub the areas with stains into the solid cleanser, squeeze the sponge to create a lather and rinse. Best of all, this rinses clean quickly (you won't be rinsing suds forever like if you had used hand soap). I will always have this on hand, and will try it on my brushes as well.

This product has changed my life!!! It makes cleaning my brushes and beauty blender fast and easy. It really does its job and isn't at all expensive. Great buy!!!

on 11/6/2014 8:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I do own a beautyblender so my original intention was to use it solely for the beautyblender. When I was checking out, the sales associate as Sephora also told me that she uses it for her brushes and it works amazingly as well, so I decided to try that as well.

As far as it goes for cleaning the beautyblender, I thought it did much better than traditional soap or a traditional brush cleaner. Keep in mind that I don't own the liquid version of this soap so it is in no way a comparison. The first time I used it, I have to admit it was slightly difficult since there are no real instructions and I didn't want to go through it so quickly. It does clean the foundation off very well. It doesn't clean off the stains but I wasn't too worried with that.

As it goes for brushes, I thought it cleaned them very well. I thought it cleaned it very thoroughly. I don't use it for all my brushes, just foundation brushes and ones that are slightly harder to clean. I think it cleans them fairly well but I don't know how quickly it ends up using the soap as I've only done it a few times.

All in all, I do like it. I usually don't like to purchase specific cleaners but I thought that the solid soap was worth the price.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools