October 22, 2014 | 2011 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - beautyblender - Solid Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2014 9:31:00 PM More reviews by handfulofgoo

I used to love another brush shampoo until I tried this one on a brush that just wouldn't get clean. This stuff is amazing, and worth every penny. I'll continue to use this for my brushes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2014 6:11:00 AM More reviews by aznmnkygrl808

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this cleanser compared to the liquid version. It is easy to use and gets all the gunk out In my brushes with one wash. Has an herbal scent but it doesn't linger on the brushes once they're dried. Definitely would repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2014 4:54:00 AM More reviews by RachelisGreen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I purchased this solid cleanser along with my beauty blender because A. they were right next to each other lol and B. I knew the beauty blender would be difficult to clean with my regular brush cleanser. I have tried it all - face washes, hand soap, shampoo, `brush cleanser` etc. I typically use the Purity Cleanser by Philosophy to clean my brushes (thats what we used to do when I worked at Sephora). I definitely think using Purity as a make up brush cleanser is a very expensive way to clean your brushes especially if you're cleaning them weekly/monthly. I find that I have to use a lot for my brushes especially my bigger brushes like my foundation/powder brushes. I have the Sigma Brush Cleaning Glove which I absolutely love and it definitely helps cut down the time it takes to wash my brushes but it still is very time consuming so I find myself putting it off. Then make up gunks up and I use very heavy duty long wearing make up.

I will admit, I thought it was a bit absurd to pay 20$ for a super small block of soap and was skeptical. I used it on my beauty blender after it had lots of gunk built up. I use super long wearing foundation and concealer so it is definitely time consuming to get all of the make up out of a brush - so getting it out of a sponge is a whole different story. Much to my surprise this little block of wonder cleaned my BB 12 times faster than my purity cleanser. I don't know what it is about it but i didn't even dent the soap and it got my BB back to pink. There wasn't a trace of foundation left! I was so impressed that I tried it on my Sigma F80 which is a very dense foundation brush. I am not sure if it was because I used my Sigma Brush Cleaning Glove or just the solid cleanser or perhaps a combination of the two but in under a minute my F80 was completely cleaned and it was even white again! I have never had a cleanser EVER get the stain of the foundation out of my MU brushes completely. And in half of the time ! I didnt even dent the soap. It is very potent and I can see this lasting months and months. Best brush/BB cleaner I have ever tried!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2014 4:03:00 PM More reviews by tigirlyly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I wish there was a "maybe repurchase" button.

This solid cleanser does a great job on cleaning my beautyblender, but also cleans my makeup brushes. I love the set up, with the grate dish to use on my brushes. I just find the price steep.

I have use Philosophy Purity to clean my brushes and sponges in the past, with solid works faster.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2014 6:55:00 PM More reviews by goodtiger

Thanks to ToSirWithLove for putting me onto Herban Cowboy Shave Soap ($4/2.9 oz @iHerb.com) Same ingredients but has a patchouli/sandalwood scent! The scent isnt bad and it fades after a while. HC cleans my sponges and brushes (natural hair and synthetic) perfectly! Lathers nicely and rinses squeaky clean. I store it in a little Tupperware thingie to keep it dry.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2014 10:46:00 PM More reviews by SarahLynn21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I purchased this to clean my beauty blender but found it does a great job cleaning all of my other makeup brushes as well. The only downside is the price but the amount of product makes up for that in my opinion as it would take more then a year for me to use it all.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2014 10:03:00 PM More reviews by tigerlily217

Ladies, trust me, I know it seems stupid to buy a cleanser for the beautyblender but nothing cleans it as well as this! Not even the liquid version. I was running low on my Solid cleanser so I was using household products to try and clean it. I've tried shampoo, hand soap, dish soap, etc. Nothing gets the gunk out of the beautyblender better than this! This just gets all traces of makeup off and I'm not even kidding. When I tried any other alternative it wasn't cleaning it as well and it felt like it kind of stayed in the beautyblender despite rinsing it thoroughly.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2014 8:33:00 PM More reviews by prttybrwneyez13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought the solid cleanser during a recent VIB sale at Sephora. Previously, I'd use the Pink Soap Artist brush cleanser to wash my brushes and a Sonia Kashuk sponge spray to clean my sponges, but after using this cleaner tonight, I doubt I'll be going back to those. Just one swirl of my brushes and they get thoroughly cleaned, and my BeautyBlender and Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge look good as new. I'll definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2014 4:47:00 PM More reviews by Nancygia

This (or the liquid cleanser, which is kind of sloppy) is the only thing that completely cleans my beautyblenders. Period. I have 2 each of the naked and pink, and I will not use anything else to clean them because it is a waste of time and effort. I had to laugh at a video in which the vlogger used another cleanser, and said that the "stains" on the beautyblender were okay because they wouldn't come out. The "stains" are just stubborn foundation, and they aren't okay because the beautyblender isn't clean. They will come out with this cleanser without a lot of effort.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2014 2:48:00 PM More reviews by pinkbrush

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

a round bar of soap with a case for $20. yep, I feel I got massively ripped off buying this. To me, it cleans just as well as a bar of soap. I bought this after hearing reviews that it would be gentler on the beautyblender than a regular soap, but it turns the water pink just as much.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No