beautyblender Solid Cleanser

4.4

Sodium Palmate, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Water, Glycerin, Coconut acid, Titanium Dioxide, Palmitic Acid, fragrance, Sodium Chloride, tetrasodium EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice Powder.

on 7/3/2015 12:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

This product works. It got rid of the built up foundation - I'm guilty of not washing my brushes/sponge every week. It cleaned out all my heavy foundation build up really nicely.

The only con is the price - but I would definitely buy it again since it works way better than any alternative I've tried so far and still seems cost efficient.

on 5/26/2015 4:23:00 PM

I got a sample of the solid cleanser in my BirchBox. In comparison to the liquid, I was really impressed. It got all of the product out of my beautyblender as well as any staining, it was also easier to lather.

My only complaint would be that it seems to take a bit of product to work, you also need to keep adding more if you have a lot of build up in your BB. I could see it running out really quick, I don't know if I can spend that much on what is essentially a bar of soap. I might try a bar of dove and see how it works!

I also wish there was a "Maybe" option beside the if you ran out question, lol

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Love this -- only taking off a lippie cos for not so much product, you're paying a pretty penny.
That being said, brushes are an investment and anything that alleviates some of the anxiety of cleaning a pile of them is worth it!

-pleasant smell
(some may not even notice it - I noticed that it didn't have an obnoxious, migraine-inducing chemical smell that I've experienced with another brush cleaner)
-makes QUICK work of cleaning HOT MESS brushes
(the beautyblender you've waited a week to wash after applying Kardashian amounts of concealer.. or that bronzer brush in the back of the drawer that you justify doesn't need to be washed often 'cos it's only touching your neck and collarbone..)
-removes the "big production" out of the cleaning process
(this one is kinda priceless if you're like me and associate dread with cleaning face brushes)

*Cleaning out under the sink one day, I found a LUSH shampoo bar that I'd been given and never used. The container reminded me of the BB Solid one so I got a wild hair up my you-know-what and decided to see if I could clean some brushes with it. It worked great but I will say that the BB cleanser did the job more quickly and I venture to bet would do the job much more efficiently for heavily soiled brushes. But for brushes that just need a light cleaning, the LUSH bar is another great option.

on 4/17/2015 7:03:00 PM

This product really surprised me. I couldn't imagine it would clean so well and so quickly.
I was able to clean a half dozen brushes in minutes. I wouldn't be without it now. Highly recommend.

on 4/8/2015 12:12:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

i got this in a 100 point perk from sephora and also in my fantastic.four kit i bought. i love this for cleaning both my beautyblender and my brushes. does a great job and definitely cleans them thoroughly and leaves my brushes soft.

I just love this product. I used to wash my brushes with dish soap (like what some YouTube tutorials and Pinterest-ers do) but it doesn't completely wash the residue make up. Then my sister recommended this product and I just love it! It's kinda pricey but I think a little bit goes a long way. What I do is after I rinse the brush, I gently swish it on the soap and work it to a lather kinda like shampooing hair, and then rinse with lukewarm water. My brushes looked so clean like they're new and soft after. It definitely washes the yucky makeup residues off. Again, it is a little pricey for a small bar of soap, but it is definitely worth it esp if you use your brushes everyday.

on 3/15/2015 8:08:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Absolutely love this - I hate cleaning my brushes but this is so simple. I rinse my brushes under the tap, swirl on the cleanser block and rinse again - even with long lasting foundation and creme blush, it rinses clean. The little soap dish is great as it doesn't get sticky or discoloured. Would definitely repurchase

on 3/4/2015 4:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I almost hate to write this review because this product is simply great, but the price is simply ridiculous for what it is and it is the only thing that keeps me from purchasing it. I rec'd this as a 100pt Sephora perk. It gets my sponges and brushes cleaner faster than Dawn. I don't have to spend a ridiculous amount of time rinsing out the soap like I do when I use Dawn ( I use barely a 1/2 drop) in the palm of my hand. Now when I say cleaner...I mean like new spotless. I did 2 sponges and 4 or five brushes in less than five minutes, I kid you not. But really....$16.00 for a bar of soap for my makeup sponges/brushes is irritating to me.

on 3/2/2015 10:51:00 AM

This is the only soap that was able to cleanse my beautyblender, so bravo!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I first tried this by receiving a mini size as a 100 point perk from Sephora. Its about the size of a half dollar, maybe slightly larger. Its good amount of product for a mini. I have the beauty blender pro (the black one) and the original pink one. My pink one is older and stained from Revlon Colorstay despite regular cleansing.
One wash with this... and my pink, foundation stained beauty blender came so clean, it looked brand new. I will be honest and I never believe the brand name cleanser was necessary but I've changed my mind completely. It was so much easier to clean my beauty blenders completely and thoroughly, not to mention more quickly.
This mini will last me quite a long time but I will for sure purchase the full sized solid cleanser when this mini runs out. Great product to complement one of my favorite beauty tools. I recommend this to everyone who uses beauty blenders on a regular bases who would like to cut down on washing time.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools