August 27, 2014 | 1735 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - beautyblender - Solid Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2014 10:46:00 PM More reviews by SarahLynn21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I purchased this to clean my beauty blender but found it does a great job cleaning all of my other makeup brushes as well. The only downside is the price but the amount of product makes up for that in my opinion as it would take more then a year for me to use it all.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2014 10:03:00 PM More reviews by tigerlily217

Ladies, trust me, I know it seems stupid to buy a cleanser for the beautyblender but nothing cleans it as well as this! Not even the liquid version. I was running low on my Solid cleanser so I was using household products to try and clean it. I've tried shampoo, hand soap, dish soap, etc. Nothing gets the gunk out of the beautyblender better than this! This just gets all traces of makeup off and I'm not even kidding. When I tried any other alternative it wasn't cleaning it as well and it felt like it kind of stayed in the beautyblender despite rinsing it thoroughly.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2014 8:33:00 PM More reviews by prttybrwneyez13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought the solid cleanser during a recent VIB sale at Sephora. Previously, I'd use the Pink Soap Artist brush cleanser to wash my brushes and a Sonia Kashuk sponge spray to clean my sponges, but after using this cleaner tonight, I doubt I'll be going back to those. Just one swirl of my brushes and they get thoroughly cleaned, and my BeautyBlender and Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge look good as new. I'll definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2014 4:47:00 PM More reviews by Nancygia

This (or the liquid cleanser, which is kind of sloppy) is the only thing that completely cleans my beautyblenders. Period. I have 2 each of the naked and pink, and I will not use anything else to clean them because it is a waste of time and effort. I had to laugh at a video in which the vlogger used another cleanser, and said that the "stains" on the beautyblender were okay because they wouldn't come out. The "stains" are just stubborn foundation, and they aren't okay because the beautyblender isn't clean. They will come out with this cleanser without a lot of effort.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2014 2:48:00 PM More reviews by pinkbrush

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

a round bar of soap with a case for $20. yep, I feel I got massively ripped off buying this. To me, it cleans just as well as a bar of soap. I bought this after hearing reviews that it would be gentler on the beautyblender than a regular soap, but it turns the water pink just as much.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2014 7:28:00 PM More reviews by Tovah

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Fantastic! Cleans my Beautyblenders so they look like "new" after every use. Beautyblender's liquid cleaner is useless for me, but this one is amazing.

Quick hint: If you want something similar that works the same way, buy a "Fels Naphtha" or a "Zote" laundry bar, from the laundry section of your grocery store. Zote comes in 14 oz bars! These don't have the added moisturizers, lavender scent, or cute little carrying case, but they clean brushes beautifully.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2014 10:13:00 PM More reviews by seven12

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wrote this product a good review initially (although I was shocked by the tiny size in relation to the price tag)...

I am editing, because I have since learned that Dr. Bronner's bar soap is almost identical to this cleanser, in both ingredients and performance. It's only around $5 and you can get it at Trader Joe's, Walgreens or Target. It's a huge bar for a fraction of the price of the Beauty Blender Cleanser and it does exactly the same thing. I am convinced now more than ever that Beauty Blender is massively ripping people off! Go buy a bar of Dr Bronner's, trust me!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2014 12:30:00 AM More reviews by impact_player

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Amazing! I had read somewhere when I got my very first beauty blender that the cleanser was not that great and therefore, unnecessary. I must have been reading reviews for the liquid cleanser which supposedly does not perform as well as this. I had been using baby shampoo to clean my blender, which seemed to do a sufficient enough job for me. In my mind, I had thought it was expected to have some leftover caked on stains, especially if I didn't wash it right after makeup application. Well, I re-thought things, bought this, used it, and was really happy with the results. Those old stains that I had previously accepted as 'normal over time' washed away and my blender looks pink and happy again :)

How to use: Just wet your blender, rub it into the cleanser bar and rinse the blender. There is a little cage under the bar to drain any water. Empty it out each time. This is supposed to work on brushes as well, but I have yet to try.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2014 10:28:00 PM More reviews by Bubbles98

I love this so much , makes cleaning my sponge and brush way easier and faster, one swirl for my brushes and there perfectly clean. Gets all the stains out of my sponge to, well worth the 20$ here in canada

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2014 9:39:00 AM More reviews by creamdeviolet

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I thought its expensive and you can get away from using just shampoo or sponge cleanser, but this stuff works like magic, I use it to deep clean my brushes as well, when I use any other method to wash the blender there is always foundation mark, this stuff can wash it like a brand new one.