August 29, 2014 | 1954 users online

Makeup Brushes - Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman - Duo-Fiber Collection

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2014 2:02:00 AM More reviews by izumilove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

These are my first real techniques brushes. While I don't believe these are superb and essential, I have a limited brush collection and needed more designs/types. When buying brushes, costs accumulate quickly so I chose this set. These brushes accommodate my needs and what I was lacking in. I really like how these duo fibres pick up little product and I agree with the review below which describes them as finishing brushes. I use the biggest powder one to very lightly set my makeup with translucent loose powder. I had trouble finding a brush which suited this purpose as I have very dry skin and only want the lightest dusting of powder. Enough to set it and remove any sticky feel left by foundation but not too much that it dries out my skin and removes the dewy finish I love. I also find it works well with NYX matte bronzer, which is very pigmented but easily toned down with it. The contour brush I probably like the least, I find that in this case picking up little product doesn't work too well with contouring at least for me. I do like using it for extremely pigmented brushes to avoid that clown look. I love the smaller brush for setting my under eye concealer and blending eyeshadow. It is quite soft and blends great!I have small asian eyes and this works to blends colors seamlessly together without blending it into nothing or a one big color like other blending brushes tend to do for me. These aren't core essential brushes but they work well for specific needs in my opinion. I am happy.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2014 3:41:00 AM More reviews by nadeska07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got these as a present from my mum who doesn't love makeup nearly as much as I do but she said she did some "research" and bought me these. At first I wasn't sure I'd find a use for them, unlike the other Real Techniques brushes which I love. Happily my doubts were misguided - these are excellent finishing brushes, with any sort of LOOSE POWDER and with HIGHLY PIGMENTED pressed powders. It's a bit silly to complain these don't pick up much product - that's the point! Great for when you're nervous or in a rush.

Face brush - I use this to apply my Elf HD powder. I no longer have to be careful not to over powder and it's great for when I'm in a rush to get a flawless application of powder.

Contour brush - Perfect application of NARS Deep Throat blush and any powdered bronzer since I'm pale and it's so easy to apply too much. This applies and blends so beautifully.

Eye brush - I actually haven't tried this on my eyes. I use it for pigmented highlighter on my cheekbones, brow and cupid's bow. Perfect for pigmented loose powders like MAC Silver Dusk for controlled application.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2014 2:10:00 AM More reviews by Ferrishyn

Everything from Real Techniques I MUST OWN! I love their brushes so much and I had to grab this set before its gone. It's awesome and so nice for applying a light wash of colors or a light application of powder. It picks up just enough without overdoing it. I use this for those days I am just not in the mood to fuss with make-up and need a natural look.

The brushes are HIGH quality as usual and the handles are so easy to grip. Grab this set before its gone.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2014 7:15:00 PM More reviews by decoydream

It's a shame that I really don't like these brushes since I think her other ones are really good. I understand that they are not designed to pick up much product, but it's gotten to the point where I'm struggling to get anything on the brushes to show up on my face. The bristles are almost scratchy and far too sparse, and the contouring brush is too small and prickly to contour either precise areas (around the nose) or for larger areas (cheeks and forehead). I'm struggling to find a use for these but I suppose I'll use the larger one to dust off my face when I accidentally over powder.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2014 5:56:00 AM More reviews by elsiegilmour

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have an obscenely indecent number of make-up brushes and really need not have purchased these. I only bought them because I have found the other Real Techniques brushes to be so effective.

I generally use the Real Techniques brushes only during the working week (and save my ultra luxury brushes - Suqqu, Tom Ford, Hakuhodo, etc - for the weekend, or evenings when I can take my time with makeup application). So, I didn't NEED these brushes, but a blogger I like gave them a good review, so I wanted them.

I haven't used the eye brush yet, for no other reason than I haven't yet had cause to, but I think it will prove to be an excellent blending brush. The other 2 brushes are really great and I have used them everyday. The largest is great for applying a light coating of setting powder, so that the finished effect is not too heavy. I do have the Real Techniques powder brush, but I find that to be too large and gives quite a full coverage of powder - which I do still find occasion to use, but quite infrequently.

The contour brush, I use for blusher, particularly highly pigmented blusher (Sleek, Nars, Kevyn Aucoin, etc). The brush delivers a lovely sheer layer of colour which can, of course be built up, but avoids that annoying clown effect that then needs time to carefully blend out and away.

Overall I'm very pleased with the brushes. The bristles are soft and easy to care for and I definitely find them useful to me on a daily basis. They're not as life changing as the Real Techniques expert face brush, but offer excellent value for money and quality.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2014 6:08:00 PM More reviews by girlgeniuss

Before you purchase this set, it is crucial that you visit the RT site and read their individual purposes. They are not intended for heavy application, this set is specifically for finishing/airbrushing. With that said, it does exactly what it claims! The fibers are so soft and delicate. I use the biggest brush for blending out my powdered contour, the medium brush for applying contour to my cheek bones, and the smallest brush to blend the contour around my nose. This set works wonders with my Anastasia BH Contour Kit.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2014 3:09:00 PM More reviews by Hawko

I do not use e/s so this is for the face & blush brushes only.
These brushes are duo fibers meaning it will definitely pick up less product as compared to other brushes of the same size.
The face brush is useful for a light dusting of powder for days when you just want to set your Do you have blushes that are too "pigmented" ? Although a pretty colour, you are afraid of using them just to avoid looking like a clown. Well, this blush brush comes in handy for this purpose, it will pick up 50% less product that your regular blush brush.
Since this is a LE I have already order a second back up.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/6/2013 10:03:00 AM More reviews by erikanicole76

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I received these in a swap and can't really say that I am impressed.
I love all the other RT brushes but this set didn't really do anything for me. The brushes have thin bristles that aren't very soft on the skin. When trying to pick up product I had to constantly rub the brush into the product several times just to get some color, whereas other RT brushes don't have that issue at all.
I wouldn't repurchase these at all. Not a fan of this particular set.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/22/2013 1:54:00 PM More reviews by poppylove93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

These brushes are okay, somewhat soft, but not the best I've used. I'm comparing this with the ELF Studio one which cost only $3, and this brush performs better, but if compared to Sigma, this brush fail.

Most, if not all, of the real technique brushes are made of Taklon, which is a soft synthetic fibers. It's usually good for liquid or powdery products. I find that using this brush is best on liquidy product. For powder, this brush just doesn't pick up much product. I didn't really like it and glad it's only a limited edition.

I do like the travel kit though. Some RT brushes are hits and some are major misses. I think this one is more towards the middle. Not sure if I will repurchase though...

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2013 4:07:00 PM More reviews by anonyym

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

love the brand.
Loving the blush brush!
I use the big powder brush to apply foundation or to contour softly - and it's awesome!!