October 31, 2014 | 1602 users online

Lips - Ellis Faas - L202

rated 3 of 5 on 7/7/2013 3:05:00 AM More reviews by TotesAmaze

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love and hate this product at the same time. The colour looked amazing on the website - and it is...when it's put on so thick you couldn't do anything apart from pose from a photo. Applying a comfortable amount to wear I just don't get the depth of colour I wanted, but it's still a nice enough stain. The milky lips formula I don't love... the consistency is annoying; when you rub you lips together it moves the product and leaves lines. Doesn't run or bleed though which is nice.

Now the pen. Oy, the pen. It looks great. Takes at least 30 turns to dispense the product first time, and it's easy to dispense too much and waste it. Ellis has chosen form over function and it doesn't totally work.

For this price I want a lipstick that blows me away and this doesn't. Tempted to try the Ellis Red in creamy lips though....I'm more attracted to a sponge applicator than this horrid brush.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2013 12:54:00 PM More reviews by GlindaGoodWitch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Gah! This product..... Ok so where to start? I love love lurrrrrrrrve the color. I know that l201 aka Ellis Red is supposed to be the universal red, but I found it slightly too bright for my pale complexion. Then I tried l202 which is 201's naughty darker sister. Hello lover! This shade gives me that classic look without turning goth or vampy. I've literally never been able to pull it off before. I love that the formula can be worn sheer or full force (which in my case might be a little scary) but I digress.... So let's cut to the chase. The click pen. For the love of God, the click pen. Yeah I read the reviews and thought "oh please. I would sell a kidney for the right shade of red. I think I can handle a click pen." Uh no. This delivery system makes me think that Ellis Faas secretly hates us and this is our punishment. You have 2 choices : click a billion times, and count how much product is wasted ($35 divided by giant unusable blob = $2.35 on my counter) OR decide if you think you might want to wear it *tomorrow* click twice and hope for the best. Waaaaaaaaaah! Deal breaker.