August 28, 2014 | 1717 users online

Lip Treatments - Malin & Goetz - mojito lip balm

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2014 9:18:00 PM More reviews by jENNj

I love this lip balm! My lips get extremely chapped and have only responded to the original blistex which makes my lips look white and has a strong medicated smell. This balm works just as well but with the benefit of a clear almost gloss look and a hint of lime smell.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2014 11:08:00 AM More reviews by laurentaylor88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff is AMAZING! I got this as a full-size sample in an Ipsy bag and I've been hooked ever since. I actually just ordered a new one because I'm really close to running out. I let it sit for a few weeks after recieving it because I'm not normally too fond of those liquid-y clear lip balms. However, I was going through a spell where my lips were badly chapped to a point where it was extemely noticable how cracked and red they were, so I was up to try anything. I picked this up and realized it said it catered to lips in that condition, so I figured 'what the heck'. After one day of using it, my lips were much better-looking and feeling. Now I use it every day. It keeps my lips hydrated and they haven't been a cracked and dry mess ever since. Definitely worth it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2014 9:21:00 AM More reviews by carinnemj

Got this through Ipsy. I'm surprised it's marketed as a lip balm because on me, this is a straight-up clear lip gloss with no lip-hydrating ability whatsoever. It's sticky, shiny gel that lasts about as long as your average lip gloss and smells pleasantly of minty lime. I really like it as a clear scented gloss, but it seems mis-marketed as a lip balm.

I would not pay $12 for it, but that's what it costs for a 10g tube.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2014 6:07:00 PM More reviews by BeachBunnieXO

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I have consistently chapped lips, no matter how much water I drink or aquaphor I slather on. I am constantly on the hunt for something to rectify this. That being said, as soon as I put this on my lips, my lips felt smooth, moisturized, plumped even! The consistency is silky, not even slightly sticky, and for me does not resemble a Mac Lipglass at all, so I'm a little surprised by some of these reviews. Maybe the formula has changed? The scent is almost non-existent, and it has a slight sheen to it. A little bit goes a really long way. As for the packaging, I actually like that there's no doefoot. It forces you to use your finger, which if clean is much more sanitary. Overall I am super stoked about this product and am definitely out to find me some more!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2014 9:46:00 PM More reviews by aniejoan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I like this. I opened it up and expected a slanted plastic tip applicator but it was just a small tube opening. Not the biggest fan. I also expected this to be more solid and opaque in color, but instead it's a crystal clear thick jelly-gloss. I hate the scent (lime) but I will deal because I like the way it feels on my lips. It feels very thick but not really sticky.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/15/2014 9:09:00 AM More reviews by spykitty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

tentatively, i would buy this again because it feels great on the lips. totally bizarre lip balm. it looks like personal lubricant coming out of the tube. smells nothing like a mojito, just has a whiff of a lime. not bad. it definitely isn't flavored. scent dissipates quickly on contact with air. ingredients list is entirely frightening if you expect to see items like "sweet almond oil" on your lip balms as this is nothing of the sort. taking a gamble even using it. if i could find a comparable product that were more natural, i'd probably never buy it.

ALL OF THAT SAID:

it moisturizes lips fantastically. i mean, really. i'm not one for buzz words like "fatty acid absorption technology" but i am inclined to think that is why there are tons and tons of chemicals in this stuff. it feels really wonderful and cushiony going on the lips, but only lasts for a little while before fading off. this isn't so bad since i believe a bottle will probably last a long time, and far less than you think will do for an application. despite the rather masculine seeming packaging of malin & goetz, the lip balm itself goes on clear and sticky like a mac lip glass and your dude won't want to share it with you (unfortunate b/c it works wonders.)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2013 6:55:00 AM More reviews by LibertyRose

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The lip balm is the star product from Malin + Goetz, and this exotic permutation deserves its own thread. A perennial favorite among fashion insiders, particularly the men, Malin + Goetz epitomizes pharma-chic but has that deliberate best-kept-secret appeal. I feel I see it featured more frequently in interior design publications than beauty magazines. Which is understandable, because the text-y packaging smartens up any bathroom. I was quite surprised to find out that it is an American brand; I would've guessed Scandinavian. The styles of Malin + Goetz and Kiehl's are undeniably similar, and so are their lip balms. Both are clear gels contained in skinny tubes, though I find Malin + Goetz to be far more tasteful in presentation and scent selection. While Kiehl's chooses somewhat common fruity scents, Malin + Goetz goes with mojito. Who wouldn't want a mojito-scented anything? To be fair, the actual balm is only comparable to the drink in terms of scent, which is minty and refreshing and light. As a moisturizer, it is as good as it gets, getting to the fundamentals and sealing it in with a generous coat of protection. It lasts throughout the night, and during the day you rarely need to re-apply. A mark of high quality, the balm is dense enough that it does not collapse as soon as squeezed out of the tube, and leaves no mess around the opening. The only thing I wish to do away with is the gloss-like shine. As much as some like their lip balm to double as a gloss, I wear matte lipsticks for work. Also, the balm bleeds a bit, so remember to dab the corners of your mouth. These are however not enough to deter me. I love owning a piece of Malin + Goetz, and will definitely repurchase.