January 25, 2015 | 925 users online

Lip Treatments - Malin & Goetz - mojito lip balm

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2015 4:15:00 AM More reviews by Ferrishyn

I received this in my Ipsy bag and love it. It's minty and stays on but its not sticky. It feels nice and it wears through eating, which amazes me.

This is worth your time and money. Especially the mojito one I have, it smells just like a mojito. It does moisturize my lips and feels very nice.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2015 9:47:00 PM More reviews by klocke94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Really hydrating, good as an overnight balm. It is a bit thick and glossy, but I don't find it sticky and I personally think that's why it works so well. Some balms give you a few hours of moisture and then you need to reapply, and you'll find the more you use them to drier your lips become over time. This one is not like that, plus I find the price more reasonable than other "high end" lip balms. I would definitely recommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2015 2:13:00 PM More reviews by isabellayessi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Doesn't taste like mojito that's real deal breaker . It goes on smooth and so far my lips are not looking ash and gross. Used overnight two layers and took me by storm my lips were accurate softer overnight. I am using it on go and plan on buy in future if I run out . I received it in my ipsy bag . No idea on price yet .

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2014 3:24:00 PM More reviews by bikerchick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this balm! I have been loyal to Jack Black lip balm for quite some time but got this Malin + Goetz balm in a Glossybox while ago so I decided to give it a try. It has a really surprising very gel like texture and is completely clear. It is a little thick but I don't find it too sticky. I wear this only at night so the thickness doesn't bother me, in fact I prefer a thick balm and this one stays on forever! I will still have a nice layer on when I wake up in the morning. I don't know if I believe the claims of "fatty acid absorption technology" but I do know that my lips are hydrated, soft and smooth every morning. This is supposed to have a lime scent but it is so faint that I can barely smell it, which is either a good thing or a bad thing depending on personal opinion. The tube dosn't have the typical slanted end like most balms and really is just a basic squeeze tube. This balm has earned a spot on my night stand and I will buy it again in the future.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2014 9:18:00 PM More reviews by jENNj

I love this lip balm! My lips get extremely chapped and have only responded to the original blistex which makes my lips look white and has a strong medicated smell. This balm works just as well but with the benefit of a clear almost gloss look and a hint of lime smell.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2014 11:08:00 AM More reviews by laurentaylor88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff is AMAZING! I got this as a full-size sample in an Ipsy bag and I've been hooked ever since. I actually just ordered a new one because I'm really close to running out. I let it sit for a few weeks after recieving it because I'm not normally too fond of those liquid-y clear lip balms. However, I was going through a spell where my lips were badly chapped to a point where it was extemely noticable how cracked and red they were, so I was up to try anything. I picked this up and realized it said it catered to lips in that condition, so I figured 'what the heck'. After one day of using it, my lips were much better-looking and feeling. Now I use it every day. It keeps my lips hydrated and they haven't been a cracked and dry mess ever since. Definitely worth it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2014 9:21:00 AM More reviews by carinnemj

Got this through Ipsy. I'm surprised it's marketed as a lip balm because on me, this is a straight-up clear lip gloss with no lip-hydrating ability whatsoever. It's sticky, shiny gel that lasts about as long as your average lip gloss and smells pleasantly of minty lime. I really like it as a clear scented gloss, but it seems mis-marketed as a lip balm.

I would not pay $12 for it, but that's what it costs for a 10g tube.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2014 6:07:00 PM More reviews by BeachBunnieXO

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I have consistently chapped lips, no matter how much water I drink or aquaphor I slather on. I am constantly on the hunt for something to rectify this. That being said, as soon as I put this on my lips, my lips felt smooth, moisturized, plumped even! The consistency is silky, not even slightly sticky, and for me does not resemble a Mac Lipglass at all, so I'm a little surprised by some of these reviews. Maybe the formula has changed? The scent is almost non-existent, and it has a slight sheen to it. A little bit goes a really long way. As for the packaging, I actually like that there's no doefoot. It forces you to use your finger, which if clean is much more sanitary. Overall I am super stoked about this product and am definitely out to find me some more!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2014 9:46:00 PM More reviews by aniejoan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I like this. I opened it up and expected a slanted plastic tip applicator but it was just a small tube opening. Not the biggest fan. I also expected this to be more solid and opaque in color, but instead it's a crystal clear thick jelly-gloss. I hate the scent (lime) but I will deal because I like the way it feels on my lips. It feels very thick but not really sticky.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2014 9:09:00 AM More reviews by spykitty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

tentatively, i would buy this again because it feels great on the lips and gives such fantastic results.

bad parts: totally bizarre lip balm. it looks like personal lubricant coming out of the tube. smells nothing like a mojito, just has a whiff of a lime. not bad. it definitely isn't flavored. scent dissipates quickly on contact with air. ingredients list is entirely frightening if you expect to see items like "sweet almond oil" on your lip balms as this is nothing of the sort. taking a gamble even using it. i'm sure "the good guide" has given this at least one "unhealthy" mark, because there is not a single ingredient that you'd recognize unless you're a cosmetic chemist. if i could find a comparable product that were more natural, i'd probably never buy malin & goetz.

ALL OF THAT SAID:

it moisturizes lips fantastically. i mean, really, really, really. i'm not one for buzz words like "fatty acid absorption technology", but i am inclined to believe that they've done SOMETHING good. what i mean is, I THINK IT REALLY DOES SOMETHING SOMEHOW. it feels like your lips get moisturized from the inside, and somehow dry skin just *disappears*. it feels really wonderful and cushiony going on the lips, not waxy but strangely moisturizing. the thickness of it is amazing, but somehow it thins out and keeps on moisturizing long after you think it's gone. this is my favorite thing to put on at night before bed because i wake up with immensely moisturized lips. the price, is a downside, but this isn't so bad since i believe a bottle will probably last a long time. you need VERY LITTLE for it to effectively cover and moisturize your lips, and reapplications aren't super necessary. despite the rather unisex seeming marketing of malin & goetz, the lip balm itself goes on clear and sticky like a mac lip glass and your dude probably won't want to share it with you (unfortunate b/c it works wonders.) however, it isn't NEARLY as reflective as a mac lip glass. i do think the glossiness is overstated, although it is there if you use a thick enough layer. i would actually call this a unisex product, in the end.