October 22, 2014 | 1854 users online

Lipstick - Maybelline - Color Sensational Vivids - Neon Red 890

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2014 5:20:00 PM More reviews by allthatcounts

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

(NC25 for reference!)

When I first bought this lipstick, I wasn't sure it would look good on me, as it had coral undertones, and coral isn't a color that really flatters me. But I couldn't resist the adorable packaging on this! The neon orangey-red cover is pretty much the twin of the tube of lipstick inside. So I took the plunge and don't regret it at all.

The first time I wore it, I wore it alone without any lipliner. I didn't do much for my eyes, just winged liner and lots of mascara. My boyfriend loved it. This was the first time he's ever complimented me on my makeup, and I was honestly really surprised because he prefers to see me without any makeup on.

The second time I wore this, I wore it with MAC's Brick lip pencil underneath, and the effect was one I liked much more. I'm the kind of girl who would prefer to wear a bright red over a bright pink. Adding the liner made the lipstick into a very warm-toned red (which I'd never tried prior in fear of yellow teeth) rather than a reddish orange. This time, my boyfriend was afraid to kiss me because he was so scared of ruining my lipstick!

That's how you know this one's a keeper. Will definitely repurchase along with Red Revival.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/8/2014 8:07:00 PM More reviews by elizan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this after having a fail with Lady Danger (love love the color but too dry for me). This is listed as a dupe on Temptalia. I really like the color, as a cool fair (nw20) orange is hard for me to wear and these red oranges seem to be the best. So far I am liking this one a lot for my go to work color.

I only put won't rebuy because this is a summer 2014 trend for me, orange that is, not an on going thing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2013 9:28:00 PM More reviews by sushiomelette

I was very surprised with this drugstore lipstick. It has pigmentation, not loads and loads, mind you, but enough color and shine to really stand out on your lips. Neon red is a warm toned red, slightly more orange based, that is not entirely creamy, but more slippery. The smell is light and vanilla-y, and fades after a while. It didn't bleed on me and I got about 3-4 hours of wear, which it then fades to a nice stain. I'm also glad it doesn't dry out my lips. A great everyday color at a great price.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2013 11:19:00 AM More reviews by greenreed

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A nice summer orange red. Not as long wearing as most of my lipsticks, and the formula is on the soft side, but I love the color and the vanillaish taste.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2013 8:38:00 PM More reviews by missmanic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is everything I wanted it to be. A bright, creamy, pigmented orange based red. It's a little more orange/yellow than your average tomato red. It lays perfectly between an orange lipstick and a red lipstick. These are very comfortable to wear and last well on my lips.