October 20, 2014 | 1741 users online

Hair Color - L'Oreal - Feria Wild Ombre

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 10/19/2014 6:53:00 PM More reviews by FemiFatale

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Bought a Blonde Ombre and the Red Ombre from CVS on a whim. I used the Blonde first because I thought that if I messed it up, I could just cover it with the Red. The main problem I came across with the Blonde is that I did NOT realize it was a bleaching kit, or I otherwise wouldn't have gotten it. Bleach fries my hair, and makes it tangled. I was a little let down by that, but I figured I had already spent the money, so I might as well continue. As I was putting the Bleach through my hair, it got gradually harder to run the precision comb through my hair, and it became nothing more than a tool to pull my hair out with each pass through my hair. At the end, I was left on the verge of tears and I really only finished my hair and got in the shower because my scalp was aching and I was becoming more and more frustrated. The Blonde came out yellow in some parts and bleach blonde in the others, and it really doesn't look very natural. Also, there's really no Ombre look, but more of a look of a poor attempt at a dip-dye. No gradiance, just a straight line of an uneven Blonde. I've dyed my hair before, and I think this is one of the worst dye jobs I've ever come out with.

Today, I dyed my hair with the Red Ombre because I'm tired of this hideous Blonde that I've had for about 2 days. On the box, it states that if you have previously dyed your hair, the red color may not be as vibrant as you'd like. I accepted that, but I did not think it would come out a Halloween orange, which it did. I think it has something to do with the shampoo they give you, because my hair WAS a darker shade of red until I washed it out with the shampoo. Ultimately, I'm not satisfied at all with either of these products, and I'm going to run to CVS sometime this week and buy a solid color to cover this mess up. It really looks horrible in my opinion, and its the last time I will attempt to do an Ombre look using these colors. I'm sure you could pull it off using another product that isn't meant for Ombre, but Loreal is really just selling a Bleaching kit with a tool that could yank some people's hair out.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/5/2014 7:39:00 PM More reviews by et3naltwilight

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have short, dark black, and coarse hair strands. Personally, I found my experience with this product okay. Just a note though, that this was my first time dyeing my own hair. I would not advise anyone with short hair to ombre their hair themselves; it's really difficult! I bet dyeing a whole head of hair would be easier because you don't have to worry about gradation and length etc. For me, the colour did show up but just a warning that it can appear a bit brassy for those with black hair. It was a brown-orange shade. Copper tone?
I also realized that you have to apply the product fast. Don't take too long to apply the bleach on certain locks of hair. Otherwise, some locks will turn out a lot lighter than others. I had to do 2 applications to get it right. Overall, this is an okay product for more experienced dyers and those with longer hair. For short haired girls, I recommend going to a salon to get it done. :)

P.S. This product is not good to store. It ended up foaming and overflowing everywhere. I even stored half of it in an empty medicine container, and the whole thing expanded. I thought it was going to explode.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/11/2014 8:21:00 PM More reviews by Louiseyanna

So. first things first i have pretty virgin hair, ive only died it redish blackish before, and was so sick of my boring light brown hair, so picked this up and did it myself, although i liked the comb i found it was hard to get all of the product on your hair as i had a lot of bleach left in the comb! i also did not section my hair as i was being a bit lazy! it turned out really nice and looks great, it is a bit orange and not completely even, but i will be buying the lightest one soon before school and just making the ends a little more blonde. all in all i really liked this product. easy to use. and good price. next time i will try sectioning and see if it works better!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/20/2014 8:22:00 AM More reviews by johnnsmithh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is bad. I used this on my whole head for a bleached look, my hair was ash blonde btw, it turned out orange! Like strawberry blonde! I was extremely dissapointed, I had to dye my hair the next day :( I've seen some really nice outcomes with this but yeah not for my texture of hair

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2014 3:23:00 PM More reviews by kenzoey

this is the first hair coloring box i've ever used on myself, and although everyone else seems to have had a bad experience with this product i really liked it and received many compliments on my hair. i didn't really want my ombre to be blonde, i just wanted it to be a light brown. my technique was to split my hair by section, saturate the bottom of my hair first, and then after 5 minutes or so, i added the rest of the product higher up in my hair so that there is a gradient. the first time i used this i was too scared to make it too light so i left it on for about 35 minutes and it became a rich brown color. the second time i used this i became a little braver left it on longer and came up with a soft brown and a couple of lighter streaks (you can see my hair in the pictures, the girl with glasses lol). during the first couple of days my hair did look brassy BUT ONLY in a certain type of light. but other than that, the hair color blended nicely AND my hair is still nice and soft. i think the damage really just depends on the length of your hair and if its already been fried with other products -- because before i bleached my hair i cut off the split ends so i suggest cutting your hair beforehand if you want to see smooth results. also the technique of how you apply the dye onto your hair is also important -- don't just brush on a straight line across the bottom half of your hair. try varying longer and shorter streaks so that it is nicely blended.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2014 1:32:00 PM More reviews by Beccac88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

For a self dip dye kit I loved this product! I first dip dyed my hair in sept 2012 when this line first came out! I was so apprehensive I thought I'd make such a mess of my hair! Having medium dark brown hair I chose the darkest of the 3 colour choices to which my hair went a little orange, when I say orange I mean it was hideous it just wasn't the colour I wanted but just like the picture of the girl in the front! A couple of days later I used the lightest colour and re dip dyed it and I loved the result, it was a lot brighter and blonder

rated 3 of 5 on 7/13/2014 8:59:00 AM More reviews by Lanibob

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have natural uncoloured dark sandy blonde hair and had never coloured my own hair, thought I'd be brave and give it a try. Bought the lighter of the colour options and then watched quite a few tutorials on utube. Main thing I was really worried about that some people had mentioned was - making sure I didn't create a block colour line, not fry my hair and I didn't want brassy orange hair.
Packaging and instructions are good and easy to follow - I still recommend watching some videos. I was really worried about damaging my hair so from the very first moment I started putting it on I timed till 30 min and took it off, washed and dried hair. I really don't think I left it on long enough, obviously the first bits of hair I did were the lightest but it wasn't as light or noticeable as I wanted ( I staggered putting the dye on to try make more gradual) . Also was a bit coppery gold.
So I prob did a bit a bit of a no no and went again ( like I said I'm a novice at this but I remembered in one video she said if not as light as wanted to go again- so I did).
Thankfully I didn't damage my hair, I did put a nourishing mask on after though. I left it for 30 min again but for all the hair this time.
The result is ok, I'm going to have to def buy a toner tomorrow though just to soften ( I prefer things to look more on natural side) strange that it's still goldy and a little brassy even though I was already medium dark blonde.
So all in all- use the brush vertically to help with blending, put a treatment in after, you will probably need to use a toner.
I'm reasonably happy with it.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/10/2014 3:13:00 PM More reviews by chants10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Used it on my hair, which is pretty dark. Basically brightened it to a very dim ginger.

You receive BARELY any dye in the bottle, probably just about half of the bottle - if that, and While the bottle is teeny. I ended up buying another but brighter L'oreal Ombre Kit to, but made no difference but brightened the ginger...

I also used to bleach my hair for 4-5 years straight constantly, stopped about a year ago. This dried out my hair worse than all those years bleaching combined.

I personally don't recommend it if you're trying to achieve a natural 'blonde' or ash blonde ombre. Not worth the money and time. Totally disgusting results too.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/7/2014 2:02:00 PM More reviews by pickmepinup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

It worked, but there are better ways to do this. I wouldn't re-use this kit for a few specific reasons.

I believe the conditioner has toner in it because it's this honey-glazed color and once my hair was finally brightened from two kits, one after another, the toner did a good job of making it this strange, darker yellow tone. I have no clue why they wouldn't let you know that but I'd trash the conditioner, please don't make the mistake I did and end up wasting your time because of it. I had to spend another half an hour shampooing the toner out.

I needed to use two kits in order for my hair to be lightened enough(I used the medium-blond shade) and still wasn't too happy because it was an off-yellow, borderline "bad dye job." I've seen this work really well on some people and I thought my hair would take to it better since I haven't been dying it for years, but maybe you need 100% virgin hair for it to act properly. I was happy with it, but had to do way too much work to achieve it.

I had no red in my hair so I've no clue why it took to this yellowy, strange shade. I really recommend trying something with diluted bleach a few times until you get to the shade you're looking for because the ombre style itself isn't difficult to achieve and this kit will just hold your hair back from lightening with its weird, additional toner.

I'm not going to repurchase when I need to re-do my dye job next, which will be soon. I've had ombre hair from this kit for about 2 months but it has darkened considerably. Not a terrible product but makes an easy dye job contain too many steps with a weakened result and still a decent helping of to-be-expected after-damage.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/21/2014 5:08:00 PM More reviews by DanseMacabre11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

The Good: This product is easy to use. In order to get a natural look, I recommend pulling up the top layer of your hair. Once that is done, dye about 3/4 inch of the bottom layer of hair. Leave on for 5 minutes. Then continue move up higher little by little. This way you get a much more natural progression rather than a harsh line. I also added a streak in my bangs and a few peek-a-boo balayage highlights (see photo). I loved the way the color turned out.

The Bad: My tips are fried. I needed a hair cut anyway, but now I'm going to have to cut off a good inch more than I wanted :( Plus it means I'm cutting off all of the ombre!

Love the look, but beware the burn!