L'Oreal Feria Wild Ombre

2.8

I purchased this in the box that was targeted to people with dark brown to soft black hair.My intention was to use this kit to add subtle highlights to my dark, virgin hair.

I followed all the directions, sectioned my hair and left it in for 45 mins (the maximum time). I probably added 20-25 half-inch highlights throughout my hair. Once I washed the product out I realized that my hair did not get lighter at all. Overall, my hair is now EXTREMELY dry, brittle and damaged in the sections that I did apply this too. I don't recommend this product for people with dark hair even though that is the target audience that this is marketed to. I have the damage of bleached hair without the color change. Thanks L'Oreal!

I used Loreal Feria Wild Ombre 070 Dark Blonde on my dyed, dark blonde hair.
It is bad, really bad. I left on for about 35 minutes and it barely lightened my hair. Then, because I really wanted some change, I applied it again for another 25 minutes...still, you can barely see the difference between the rest of my hair and the ¨ombre¨bit. Not to mention that the ombre turned out way more reddish that blonde, anyway. Really disappointed with this product, no way I´ll ever buy it again or recommend it to anyone.
Quick mention, it didn´t lighten my hair but it did turn it very dry.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

Used this for my soft black, kinky-curly, 3c/4a hair and it looks pretty good! Since my hair had never been dyed before it didn't turn the ends into a blonde or anything like that, it lightened to about a reddish-brown color that looks pretty nice. It is a bit brassy but not enough for me to to tone it, so I'm fairly happy with the results.

However 1 word of advice: work fast! Since it is bleach, once you put it on your hair the lightening process will immediately start, and if you don't work quickly you'll end up with some parts lighter than others. I didn't realize that, and since I have thick hair I spent too long on the back sections and therefore it looks lighter than the front. Since my hair's longer in the back it doesn't look too bad, but I will touch up the front of my hair in a few weeks so my ombre looks a bit more even. So just keep that in mind. Plus the mixture stinks lol, so make sure you're in a well ventilated area.

But for a first timer, my results look good! So yes, I would recommend.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I have dark brown hair but I used this in #80 because my trusty and adored Revlon Frost and Glow would only take me to the orange stage (20V apparently doesn't cut it anymore since I have layers and layers of brown dye, this kit comes with a 30v developer). The smell is pretty strong but it works and it works fast, like 10-20 minutes and I'm blonde, the shampoo is nice and creamy. I started with ombre but turned into a balyage when I was trying to fix the glowing orange that Revlon gave me. The brush is pretty genius, you can use it sideways or straight up for different effects and it works very well, I'm saving it for quick touch ups, will definitely buy this kit again when it's time to touch up my ombre/balyage. I toned it over the same day with Colorsilk because I don't like the color that hair has with straight up bleach.

Overall, this kit is not bad. It comes with everything you need to give your hair an ombre effect but I just do not like this color on myself. This kit did not damage my hair. The directions were very easy to follow. I do plan to dye my hair red. Check out my youtube video to see the before and after.

I brought this ombre kit because I was bored of my dark hair and I was feeling a little adventurous. I brought this for under $5 and I brought 040 for soft black hair. This kit is pretty much bleach in a box. It came with a plastic brush which you use to apply the bleach and you are not suppose to leave it on for more than 45 minutes. It was very easy to use. I mixed the bleach powder with the developer, shake it up and then used the brush to apply. There are no rules on how to apply, you apply to your liking. I applied on the top layers of my hair.

I don't like the orange tone in my hair but I should have known better after seeing the bleaching powder.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Bought a Blonde Ombre and the Red Ombre from CVS on a whim. I used the Blonde first because I thought that if I messed it up, I could just cover it with the Red. The main problem I came across with the Blonde is that I did NOT realize it was a bleaching kit, or I otherwise wouldn't have gotten it. Bleach fries my hair, and makes it tangled. I was a little let down by that, but I figured I had already spent the money, so I might as well continue. As I was putting the Bleach through my hair, it got gradually harder to run the precision comb through my hair, and it became nothing more than a tool to pull my hair out with each pass through my hair. At the end, I was left on the verge of tears and I really only finished my hair and got in the shower because my scalp was aching and I was becoming more and more frustrated. The Blonde came out yellow in some parts and bleach blonde in the others, and it really doesn't look very natural. Also, there's really no Ombre look, but more of a look of a poor attempt at a dip-dye. No gradiance, just a straight line of an uneven Blonde. I've dyed my hair before, and I think this is one of the worst dye jobs I've ever come out with.

Today, I dyed my hair with the Red Ombre because I'm tired of this hideous Blonde that I've had for about 2 days. On the box, it states that if you have previously dyed your hair, the red color may not be as vibrant as you'd like. I accepted that, but I did not think it would come out a Halloween orange, which it did. I think it has something to do with the shampoo they give you, because my hair WAS a darker shade of red until I washed it out with the shampoo. Ultimately, I'm not satisfied at all with either of these products, and I'm going to run to CVS sometime this week and buy a solid color to cover this mess up. It really looks horrible in my opinion, and its the last time I will attempt to do an Ombre look using these colors. I'm sure you could pull it off using another product that isn't meant for Ombre, but Loreal is really just selling a Bleaching kit with a tool that could yank some people's hair out.

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I have short, dark black, and coarse hair strands. Personally, I found my experience with this product okay. Just a note though, that this was my first time dyeing my own hair. I would not advise anyone with short hair to ombre their hair themselves; it's really difficult! I bet dyeing a whole head of hair would be easier because you don't have to worry about gradation and length etc. For me, the colour did show up but just a warning that it can appear a bit brassy for those with black hair. It was a brown-orange shade. Copper tone?
I also realized that you have to apply the product fast. Don't take too long to apply the bleach on certain locks of hair. Otherwise, some locks will turn out a lot lighter than others. I had to do 2 applications to get it right. Overall, this is an okay product for more experienced dyers and those with longer hair. For short haired girls, I recommend going to a salon to get it done. :)

P.S. This product is not good to store. It ended up foaming and overflowing everywhere. I even stored half of it in an empty medicine container, and the whole thing expanded. I thought it was going to explode.

So. first things first i have pretty virgin hair, ive only died it redish blackish before, and was so sick of my boring light brown hair, so picked this up and did it myself, although i liked the comb i found it was hard to get all of the product on your hair as i had a lot of bleach left in the comb! i also did not section my hair as i was being a bit lazy! it turned out really nice and looks great, it is a bit orange and not completely even, but i will be buying the lightest one soon before school and just making the ends a little more blonde. all in all i really liked this product. easy to use. and good price. next time i will try sectioning and see if it works better!

This is bad. I used this on my whole head for a bleached look, my hair was ash blonde btw, it turned out orange! Like strawberry blonde! I was extremely dissapointed, I had to dye my hair the next day :( I've seen some really nice outcomes with this but yeah not for my texture of hair

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

this is the first hair coloring box i've ever used on myself, and although everyone else seems to have had a bad experience with this product i really liked it and received many compliments on my hair. i didn't really want my ombre to be blonde, i just wanted it to be a light brown. my technique was to split my hair by section, saturate the bottom of my hair first, and then after 5 minutes or so, i added the rest of the product higher up in my hair so that there is a gradient. the first time i used this i was too scared to make it too light so i left it on for about 35 minutes and it became a rich brown color. the second time i used this i became a little braver left it on longer and came up with a soft brown and a couple of lighter streaks (you can see my hair in the pictures, the girl with glasses lol). during the first couple of days my hair did look brassy BUT ONLY in a certain type of light. but other than that, the hair color blended nicely AND my hair is still nice and soft. i think the damage really just depends on the length of your hair and if its already been fried with other products -- because before i bleached my hair i cut off the split ends so i suggest cutting your hair beforehand if you want to see smooth results. also the technique of how you apply the dye onto your hair is also important -- don't just brush on a straight line across the bottom half of your hair. try varying longer and shorter streaks so that it is nicely blended.

Video Reviews & Tutorials