August 30, 2014 | 1835 users online

Hair Color - L'Oreal - Feria Wild Ombre

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 8/11/2014 8:21:00 PM More reviews by Louiseyanna

So. first things first i have pretty virgin hair, ive only died it redish blackish before, and was so sick of my boring light brown hair, so picked this up and did it myself, although i liked the comb i found it was hard to get all of the product on your hair as i had a lot of bleach left in the comb! i also did not section my hair as i was being a bit lazy! it turned out really nice and looks great, it is a bit orange and not completely even, but i will be buying the lightest one soon before school and just making the ends a little more blonde. all in all i really liked this product. easy to use. and good price. next time i will try sectioning and see if it works better!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/20/2014 8:22:00 AM More reviews by johnnsmithh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is bad. I used this on my whole head for a bleached look, my hair was ash blonde btw, it turned out orange! Like strawberry blonde! I was extremely dissapointed, I had to dye my hair the next day :( I've seen some really nice outcomes with this but yeah not for my texture of hair

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2014 3:23:00 PM More reviews by kenzoey

this is the first hair coloring box i've ever used on myself, and although everyone else seems to have had a bad experience with this product i really liked it and received many compliments on my hair. i didn't really want my ombre to be blonde, i just wanted it to be a light brown. my technique was to split my hair by section, saturate the bottom of my hair first, and then after 5 minutes or so, i added the rest of the product higher up in my hair so that there is a gradient. the first time i used this i was too scared to make it too light so i left it on for about 35 minutes and it became a rich brown color. the second time i used this i became a little braver left it on longer and came up with a soft brown and a couple of lighter streaks (you can see my hair in the pictures, the girl with glasses lol). during the first couple of days my hair did look brassy BUT ONLY in a certain type of light. but other than that, the hair color blended nicely AND my hair is still nice and soft. i think the damage really just depends on the length of your hair and if its already been fried with other products -- because before i bleached my hair i cut off the split ends so i suggest cutting your hair beforehand if you want to see smooth results. also the technique of how you apply the dye onto your hair is also important -- don't just brush on a straight line across the bottom half of your hair. try varying longer and shorter streaks so that it is nicely blended.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2014 1:32:00 PM More reviews by Beccac88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

For a self dip dye kit I loved this product! I first dip dyed my hair in sept 2012 when this line first came out! I was so apprehensive I thought I'd make such a mess of my hair! Having medium dark brown hair I chose the darkest of the 3 colour choices to which my hair went a little orange, when I say orange I mean it was hideous it just wasn't the colour I wanted but just like the picture of the girl in the front! A couple of days later I used the lightest colour and re dip dyed it and I loved the result, it was a lot brighter and blonder

rated 3 of 5 on 7/13/2014 8:59:00 AM More reviews by Lanibob

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have natural uncoloured dark sandy blonde hair and had never coloured my own hair, thought I'd be brave and give it a try. Bought the lighter of the colour options and then watched quite a few tutorials on utube. Main thing I was really worried about that some people had mentioned was - making sure I didn't create a block colour line, not fry my hair and I didn't want brassy orange hair.
Packaging and instructions are good and easy to follow - I still recommend watching some videos. I was really worried about damaging my hair so from the very first moment I started putting it on I timed till 30 min and took it off, washed and dried hair. I really don't think I left it on long enough, obviously the first bits of hair I did were the lightest but it wasn't as light or noticeable as I wanted ( I staggered putting the dye on to try make more gradual) . Also was a bit coppery gold.
So I prob did a bit a bit of a no no and went again ( like I said I'm a novice at this but I remembered in one video she said if not as light as wanted to go again- so I did).
Thankfully I didn't damage my hair, I did put a nourishing mask on after though. I left it for 30 min again but for all the hair this time.
The result is ok, I'm going to have to def buy a toner tomorrow though just to soften ( I prefer things to look more on natural side) strange that it's still goldy and a little brassy even though I was already medium dark blonde.
So all in all- use the brush vertically to help with blending, put a treatment in after, you will probably need to use a toner.
I'm reasonably happy with it.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/10/2014 3:13:00 PM More reviews by chants10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Used it on my hair, which is pretty dark. Basically brightened it to a very dim ginger.

You receive BARELY any dye in the bottle, probably just about half of the bottle - if that, and While the bottle is teeny. I ended up buying another but brighter L'oreal Ombre Kit to, but made no difference but brightened the ginger...

I also used to bleach my hair for 4-5 years straight constantly, stopped about a year ago. This dried out my hair worse than all those years bleaching combined.

I personally don't recommend it if you're trying to achieve a natural 'blonde' or ash blonde ombre. Not worth the money and time. Totally disgusting results too.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/7/2014 2:02:00 PM More reviews by pickmepinup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

It worked, but there are better ways to do this. I wouldn't re-use this kit for a few specific reasons.

I believe the conditioner has toner in it because it's this honey-glazed color and once my hair was finally brightened from two kits, one after another, the toner did a good job of making it this strange, darker yellow tone. I have no clue why they wouldn't let you know that but I'd trash the conditioner, please don't make the mistake I did and end up wasting your time because of it. I had to spend another half an hour shampooing the toner out.

I needed to use two kits in order for my hair to be lightened enough(I used the medium-blond shade) and still wasn't too happy because it was an off-yellow, borderline "bad dye job." I've seen this work really well on some people and I thought my hair would take to it better since I haven't been dying it for years, but maybe you need 100% virgin hair for it to act properly. I was happy with it, but had to do way too much work to achieve it.

I had no red in my hair so I've no clue why it took to this yellowy, strange shade. I really recommend trying something with diluted bleach a few times until you get to the shade you're looking for because the ombre style itself isn't difficult to achieve and this kit will just hold your hair back from lightening with its weird, additional toner.

I'm not going to repurchase when I need to re-do my dye job next, which will be soon. I've had ombre hair from this kit for about 2 months but it has darkened considerably. Not a terrible product but makes an easy dye job contain too many steps with a weakened result and still a decent helping of to-be-expected after-damage.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/21/2014 5:08:00 PM More reviews by DanseMacabre11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

The Good: This product is easy to use. In order to get a natural look, I recommend pulling up the top layer of your hair. Once that is done, dye about 3/4 inch of the bottom layer of hair. Leave on for 5 minutes. Then continue move up higher little by little. This way you get a much more natural progression rather than a harsh line. I also added a streak in my bangs and a few peek-a-boo balayage highlights (see photo). I loved the way the color turned out.

The Bad: My tips are fried. I needed a hair cut anyway, but now I'm going to have to cut off a good inch more than I wanted :( Plus it means I'm cutting off all of the ombre!

Love the look, but beware the burn!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/24/2014 5:24:00 PM More reviews by makeupcara95

I have medium brown hair, but because I've dyed it red toned in the past there are still hints of a red time in my hair.
Using this kit I expected it wouldn't go as blonde as I had had it dip dyed before (before I put red in it), and I was correct, the lighter "blonde" is somewhat copper toned on me. However I did buy a purple shampoo (Pro:Voke touch of silver) which will hopefully sort that out.
I used the kit how the video online explained, applying it to the ends first so they got the blondest then worked it up.. However that didn't really work for me, the colour is the same everywhere
I do really like it though, and for 6 it's really worth it. My ends don't feel dry or horrible, so I would recommend this to someone who wants a slightly lighter colour :)

rated 3 of 5 on 2/14/2014 9:15:00 AM More reviews by Lou22dou08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My hair - Long, dark brunette with natural gold warmth, naturally curly and VERY thick, has been dyed brown plenty of times - had semi permanent red in the past, and has been dyed ombre before, then covered again using permanent John Frieda Foam Precision.
I've been styling my hair for years, I used to let it dry naturally then straighten it, then I blow dried and straightened, no I use the Babyliss Hot Brush and it leave's me with smooth and shiny big curls which last until I wash it. So all in all - a really love/hate relationship!

So... I fancied a change and I knew I would regret cutting my hair short, dying my hair blonde is a no go - too much maintenence and it probably wouldn't suit me. So... I decided to do the ombre thing once more! I picked up the box which is for dark hair and I sectioned my hair in layers from bottom to top, applying it using the applicator brush until half of my hair was covered, then I left the gloves on and kept twisting the ends of my hair whilst the cream did it's work and I left it for the full 45 minutes.

Once washed, I worried my hair had gone ginger... and when it's wet it does look ginger. As soon as it was dry the contrast was quite shocking but luckily I had managed to avoid getting any blunt lines of colour (hurrah!). My housemate was sure it did not look ginger and that it looked really nice...

The next day I did some research and by the sounds of it it is inevitable that a brown to blonde at home colour job would risk 'brassy' tones especially when it has been dyed brown so many times in the past. I'm over a week into the new look now and I've really grown to love it, my hair is a nice caramel tone and there are a little strands coming up higher around my face which look really nice... It doesn't look natural.. cos how could it!? But it looks subtle compared to most other ombre looks I've seen on the street and it's a really nice change to my usual long brunette curls.