April 19, 2014 | 1813 users online

Liquid - Cover Girl - 3-in1 Stay Flawless Liquid Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2014 10:21:00 PM More reviews by lipstickjunkky

I have used many foundations, I have a small collection even as of now. My skin has a few flaws that were not there when I was younger. So although I have many I have liked to use in the past I wanted to shop around for what I needed. My daughter told me about this foundation and said it was her favorite. I used Cover Girl in my high school years and never went back after moving on from them. I looked at this foundation in the store and saw it was a 3 in 1 foundation-primer-concealer WITH SPF, well this is what I needed so I purchased Medium-Beige (I am NC25). What an amazing product, I thanked my daughter for her advise. it stayed all day, my pores seem to shrink away, beautiful matte finish, totally flawless. My skin remained this way the entire day without feeling like I was even wearing makeup.. I recomend this. I will definately continue to use this as I already seem to be using this daily. LOVE IT!!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/17/2014 5:56:00 AM More reviews by camcamz223

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I feel like I am the only person who has to bash this foundation, but no matter what I do, I cannot seem to make this work for my skin tone.
I feel like the yellow-based colors are too pale, and the reddish colors are too deep for my skin tone. I've tried about 5-7 different shades in this line and none of them have worked on their own. I get a terrible white cast when I wear this, and the fact that it oxidizes badly on my skin does not help my ratings for it either. Maybe if I could find my right shade, it would be better, but I look grey in every color I wear.
I prefer Revlon Colorstay over this any day, except for the fact that it has no pump
Which they seriously need to fix for those of us that live in the USA.
The Cover Girl does come with a pump, I do LOVE that about it.
Oh, and the oil-control properties are good too, but not better than Colorstay to me

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2014 4:41:00 PM More reviews by jojomua

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

-great coverage,bendable - controls oil for the most part -dosent leave an ashy look -not sticky

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2013 12:06:00 PM More reviews by xmikimagoo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is definitely one of the best foundations I have ever tried. I have very oily skin with redness in the t-zone. I am also very prone to breakouts and clogged pores. This foundation has amazing coverage and staying power. My skin doesn't look like an oil slick even after an 8.5 hour work day. The finish is matte, but it doesn't make your skin look dry or sickly. It hasn't made my skin breakout at all, even after I've fallen asleep with it on (bad, I know!). I also love that it comes with a pump! I used to use Revlon Colorstay, but the packaging was so messy that I couldn't stand it anymore. I love everything about this foundation and I won't be looking for anything else unless they discontinue it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2013 9:31:00 PM More reviews by Shasta333

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation! It covers really well, reminds me of makeup forever mat velvet but even better. It doesn't make me break out, doesn't get greasy, and stays in place all day. I don't even have to wear powder over it, so it doesn't look like I'm wearing a lot of makeup. The pump makes it easy to use, I just use my fingers to apply. This is my new favorite foundation. I get really sweaty at work, and have to wear masks sometimes and I still look good throughout the day.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/1/2013 5:08:00 PM More reviews by bnavarro

I got the shade Buff Beige 825.
I am slightly yellowed toned, classic ivory was too whiteish, the next over which is creamy natural has a pink tone to it. So i grabbed Buff beiged because it doesnt have a pinkish undertone and seemed to match my skin..

It is blendable,dries to a matte finish, does an okay job on covering pores, overall it does not impress me it just looks okay. As for the feel to it, it is extremely drying. My skin felt very very dry. I felt i couldnt even smile. Many people loved this but it did not work for my skin. And I did notice it oxydized a bit. For reference i moisturized with aveno , and also tried my clean and clear and i still had a very drying effect.

I think this is not a bad product because my sister likes it, she is medium toned, but i dont recm for dry skin. the shade range for light skinned people is not that good or natural looking either.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2013 8:38:00 PM More reviews by Robynlesp12

I love this foundation. It is my all time favourite foundation. It feels so light on my face but still gives me a good amount of coverage. Also it has a built in primer so it last all day!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/12/2013 8:47:00 PM More reviews by Maclover202

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I didn't really like this product because even though I am an oily girl this foundation dries a little to matte for my tastes. I have oily and acne prone skin so when im treating break outs my skin can me flakey and the foundation sticks and emphasizes those dry areas which is so unflattering. It has a faint smell but not overpowering and goes away a few minutes after you've applied it. It has a pump with is a HUGE problem for most drugstore foundations don't really know why. It is VERY easy for this product to look cakey and it doesn't look natural enough. The coverage is great though and lasts a good 5-6 hours without me having to retouch it. I can get it for about $9-$10 at walmart or target. I am a nw20 and am in the shade 810 classic ivory.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2013 3:12:00 PM More reviews by dawndie23

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

THIS REVIEW IS FOR THE OUTLAST 2-IN-1 FROM THE COVER GIRL QUEEN COLLECTION. (LOOONG REVIEW!)

Absolutely fantastic!! I've been wearing this foundation for a little over 6 weeks and am so happy with both the coverage and the finish.

First, it was such a wonderful change to have a full range of colors specifically targeted to women of color to choose from at the store. Just as the regular line has 12 shades, the Queen Collection line also has 12 shades from which to choose your best color match.

I purchased 5 shades (I'll break down the variances below) and have worn all of them alone and mixed together.

The coverage is medium, buildable to full. It comes in a glass jar with a pump dispenser (yea!) and one pump is enough for a smooth looking complexion. 2 pumps give me a flawless finish. This foundation dries to a true matte finish and after 4 hours of wear with NO PRIMER OR POWDER, I still do not have shine to touch up! Let me repeat, 4 hours with NO PRIMER OR POWDER on top and I'm still looking like I just left the house!

This has been huge for me because I really don't like to wear a ton of product on my face. When it gets warmer and more humid, I'll probably just need to wear a dash of primer only on my nose with a light dusting of powder on top. This stuff is that good!

I've had no adverse reactions, it applies smoothly and once dry it doesn't transfer! If I apply 2 coats, I don't need to wear concealer. This really does provide great coverage for minor shadows or blemishes. I have worn concealer on top for days I've had darker spots or circles and every brand of concealer I have worn blends seamlessly with this foundation.

I bought this in Spicy Brown, Almond Glow, Golden Honey, Warm Caramel and Soft Copper. If you line these up and only go by the color in the bottle you may think you have bought the same color. But Cover Girl really did a great job at addressing the minute variances in the undertones for women of color.

Spicy Brown is a gorgeous, rich, true brown that is a touch dark for me now, but will be my color for the summer.

Almond Glow and Golden Honey look identical in the jar, but Almond Glow is just a touch darker. These two have warm notes to them.

Warm Caramel and Soft Copper look identical in the jar, but Warm Caramel is a touch darker thank Soft Copper. These two have cool note to them.

So, Almond Glow and Warm Caramel are identical in color but the undertones are distinctly different. Warm and Cool. Same story with Golden Honey and Soft Copper. Colors are identical, but undertones are warm and cool.

Spicy Brown has a warm undertone (more olive/orange than red/yellow).

I have given my daughter Soft Copper and Golden Honey to play with. Once you figure out the best color for your skin tone I recommend keeping one cool and one warm to mix and match to your complexion if needed. I find that Almond Glow is the color that matches me the best overall. I grab it more than any of the others (at least during the winter).

When I mix this with my moisturizer and wear this as a lighter coverage you absolutely cannot tell that I'm wearing any thing. Even in the full sun. You will see some slight dark marks or circles, but they are blurred and overall it just looks like I have great skin.

I truly hope that this line gets the support it deserves. You can find it on sale and use coupons to get a great deal on these. I bought my five bottles online and only paid approx. $36 for all 5 bottles after sales and coupons (and free shipping!).

BTW....I still really love my Revlon Colorstay foundation. I really only tried this one to review for a friend, and was very pleasantly surprised at the quality of this foundation. I think that the Cover Girl (Queen Collection) offers more shade choices for those women who have not been able to find a perfect match in the Colorstay line. I have to mix two colors in Revlon to get my perfect match....I don't mind, but still......Amber Glow in the Queen Collection is already a perfect match for me and I don't think I'll need to mix the Spicy Brown with any other color once my complexion gets darker over the summer.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2013 8:39:00 AM More reviews by prettywoman46

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This review is for the Covergirl Queen Collection All Day Flawless 3-in1 foundation

For those of you looking for a very natural looking foundation that also has good coverage, please run to your closest drugstore, Walmart or Target and purchase this foundation. I picked it up on a whim. I have NEVER worn any CG foundation because I thought they were cheap and targeted towards teenagers. When I was a teenager, CG did not cater to WOC so I generally boycotted the brand. Wow, have times changed! With the Queen Collection, the color selection rivals Fashion Fair, Black Opal, Iman and other brands targeted towards WOC. Now on to the review. First, it is a medium to full coverage foundation. The packaging includes a pump. The finish is skin like natural and stays put for @ 10 hours. I use a primer (even tho you don't have to) and I find that it extends the wearability. I have oily skin and this foundation really controls the oiliness. I have some acne dark spots which I can cover by a targeted second layer of the foundation. When I first started using this foundation, I set it with a finishing powder, but it looks better without the setting powder so now I skip this step. The only con I have about this foundation is while there are lots of shades to choose from, you may have to return a couple of bottles to find your right shade match. This foundation oxidizes to a darker color @ 15 minutes after application. For reference, I am a MAC NC 45 and Butterscotch in Fashion Fair. In this collection, I wear color 810 or Classic Bronze. I mix it with 805 or Amber Glow for an eerily exact match to my skin color. My own daughter could not tell I was wearing foundation. She knew I was wearing something because my dark spots were covered, but she said the foundation looked like my skin. In my opinion, the colors with the even numbers are for more neutral skin tones and the odd numbers are for those with warmer or red undertones. For example, 800 or Sand is in the same color range as 805/Amber Glow. 805 has a definite red undertone. For the Fashion Fair customers that are upset that the "Glo" colors have been removed from their line-up, this line is a great replacement. Price wise, Walgreens sells this for 12.99 and Target sells for less than $10.

Before you purchase, check out some YouTube videos to get an idea of what color you probably wear, especially if you have to order online. I have worn this foundation exclusively since I purchased it about a month ago. I can't get enough of looking at my face when I wear it because my skin looks really perfect. I own Estée Lauder Double Wear and Lancôme 24 Hour Teint Idole (excuse misspelling) and I will wear this drugstore brand long wear foundation over those two any day. It looks like my frickin' skin only better!

UPDATE: I purchased another color in Toffee (Q820). I did a swatch test with Classic Bronze, Brûlée and Toffee. Toffee was a perfect match without any mixing. It did oxidize to a slightly darker color but it still looked like my skin.