Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream SPF 30

3.7

on 4/3/2015 12:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Returned to Sephora.

Does NOT blend. Once placed on the skin, you have 2.3 miliseconds to blend. This is after I put on serum and overnight cream to try and give it something to move over. My skin is NOT dry.

The other weird thing was the color. It looked good when I was inside. My husband said that it looked great. Then we went outside and it changed. He asked if I started using bronzer. Went back inside, back to nice. Weird

It was an ok shiny/luminous texture. but, again, could not blend any makeup on top.

on 4/1/2015 5:36:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I so wanted this to be better than it was. The texture was a tad too thick and not as hydrating as I was expecting.
The colour range was good and I liked the fact it contains an spf too. A little does go a long way .
I'm glad I tried it but I won't be repurchasing it.

on 3/29/2015 4:36:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

I have this product in the shade medium and I think its alright. I have dark Indian skin and it works quite well but I find the price a bit much for the product. But it does last for a long time. I've had mine for a good 5 months and it's still not empty.

The packaging is nice and simple nothing to fancy. Also it does not appear thick on your skin and gives a natural glow. It IS a bit too dewy for me so I just use some matte powder.
It does require a good amount of blending though or it looks whitish.

on 2/28/2015 10:18:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Received this product in a gift pack. I have had zero luck with BB and CC creams as I am fair, combo skin type with mild rosacea. I LOVE this product!! Great for winter months when I have dry patches. Very natural-looking.

on 2/20/2015 8:05:00 PM

I bought this CC cream on an impulse :(. I don't know where to start, but i don't fInd any PROS, so let's talk about the CONS:
BLENDABILITY: First I applied it in all the ways possible (fingers,brush,beauty blender) and the result is the same: Hard to blend.
COLOR: The color Light Medium is horrible! it doesn't match my skintone, this cc cream looks way too dark and unnatural on my NC25, it seems that this have a lot of pink pigments on it which makes me look like i'm wearing a mask lol.
TEXTURE: Awful! it feels very greasy and thick, I prefer CC creams that have a light texture, this foundation doesn't work for me at all! I don't recommend this to anyone...

Also, I forgot to mention that this CC cream smells like rotten eggs.

on 2/15/2015 2:50:00 PM

I like this CC cream, but I don't looooove it. I expected more from a $40 CAD CC cream, to be honest. The coverage is nice, subtle, not too heavy, quite sheer - doesn't feel too heavy on my face. It's kinda sticky though. Am I weird? And not exactly a surge of moisture. I wasn't blown away by the moisture and I need heavy moisture in the Canadian winter! I also found that it oxidized with some cream blushes that I used - seemed better when paired with powder blush. Overall, it is a decent CC cream - once you add concealer on troublesome spots (I deal with some redness) and a nice setting powder. If I want heavier coverage, I wear the CC cream as a base with a medium coverage foundation over top.

on 2/14/2015 2:53:00 AM

This is my first time using a CC cream... I picked this up because I liked texture of the product-it's slightly heavier than ordinary face creams yet still provides coverage to even out your skintone. Hence if you have imperfections, a seperate concealer is required.

It is not scented like most of other Clinique products and comes in SPF30. I tried applying this on top of a moisturiser and found that the finish didnt look as good as worn alone.

I apply this after toner and it gives a natural airbrush look and provides hydration to the skin. Love this product and recommend to anyone looking for an all-in product !

on 1/31/2015 8:08:00 PM

I am on my second tube of this CC cream. I absolutely love it. It provides my face with great coverage while still feeling lightweight, and it gives my skin a dewy glow. I do always moisturize before applying this, this will probably help those who have trouble spreading this product evenly. It is definitely heavier than other CC creams, but it feels light on my face. The woman at the Clinique counter gave me a funny look when I told her I would probably not put foundation on with this, but honestly I don't really feel like I need it when I use this product, I just add concealer where I need to. One other plus is you do not need to use a lot of this product so one tube goes a long way.

on 1/30/2015 5:18:00 PM

I received this in the travel size as a free item and I never really intended to use it since BB and CC creams tend to be low coverage and greasy formulas. I used this one day when I was in a rush and and it surprisingly gave more coverage than I expected. It was also moisturizing and not greasy or shiny. It didn't even need setting powder! Very satisfied.

on 1/23/2015 9:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I was surprised to see how many people hate this product while to me this Clinique Moisture Surge CC cream does great. I think the key for the perfect application of this cream is to have our skin properly moisturized first. When I first bought this cream back in Sept 2013, the beautician at Clinique's counter explained that I would still need to moisturize my skin before applying it, because CC cream isn't a moisturizing product. I was given some sachets of Clinique Moisture Surge moisturizing gel for sample, to apply before the CC cream. The CC cream worked very well since the beginning. I love how it glides smoothly on my skin, and how it evens out my skin tone as well as creates natural shades that looks fresh and dewy. To me the texture is not thick at all. It's very easy to apply and blend on properly moisturized skin. I apply it on my face using my fingertips, as I believe that my body heat helps blending it even more. The beautiful tone stays for hours that I go to work with it and still have my beautiful glowing skin at the end of the day. I don't continue using Clinique's moisturizing gel, though. It's because I prefer using my SK II stempower cream or my dermatologist's morning cream. My skin is picky. It breaks out easily when it gets a wrong product. But with Clinique's CC cream it stays calm and gets even more beautiful. I love it! :)