Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream SPF 30

3.7

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I've never used a BB or CC cream, but I decided to give this one a try, as my skin is fortunately clear and doesn't really need foundation--just a sheer wash to polish my look.

I love this cream because, as a woman with pale skin, it is rather difficult to find coloured skin creams that aren't too pink or too yellow. This one is amazing. It goes on very smoothly, and matches my skin tone perfectly.

The fact that it is oil-free, contains sunscreen, and has a faint yet pleasant scent (no "sunscreen odour") is a major selling point for me. This just may be my HG CC cream! I will most definitely purchase this one again.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I'm a very pasty-white girl with very cool undertones and I was looking for something that would even out my skin and slight acne scarring without the heft of a real foundation. I'd been using Maybelline's Dream Fresh BB Cream for a few months in the summer before I bought this and I loved it, but Retin-A makes my skin flaky in places so I wanted something more moisturizing. This has worked well - it does sometimes settle in flaky bits, but is movable enough that I can just layer more moisturizer over it and blend it in. Its consistency is easy to blend and I don't have to be as exact as I do with regular foundation because it's light and matches my skin tone perfectly, so I can be as lazy as I want (and am.) I would recommend having a good concealer to use alongside this - the coverage isn't nearly enough for under my eyes - but overall, if I set it with loose powder, it stays in place and looks good most of the day.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Great coverage for cc cream! Oily when you first put on but does turn matte after a few minutes. Would I buy it again no because it is expensive and would rather use foundation.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have mixed feelings about this one.
I had been using this in the summer. And it was brilliant. My skin was somehow hydrated and it felt really good on the skin. But as the weather got colder, this cc cream got worse and worse. First of all, it changes its colour as the day passes and becomes really dark. Secondly, it made my skin super oily. It stays in place almost perfectly, but makes me oily. Thirdly, it caused me breakouts after using for a month. Yes, my skin is very sensitive, but it was created for sensitive skin, as a consultant said to me, so wth.
I would not recommend this cc cream for girls, who have sensitive, acne-prone, oily skin. I would recommend Clarince Skin Illusion ;)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

As a woman with sensitive skin, this product was my perfect daily substitute for foundation. The formula is thicker than a typical CC cream, yet not as heavy as other liquidations. There is a tad shine to the product, so I would suggest using a powder on top as well just counter the effect. The price is a tad steep, but well worth the amount for the SPF and overall natural coverage. I would certainly buy again.

I love this product! It gives me a very fresh look, but stays very natural. It doesn't irritate my sensitive skin, which is another pro.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Just OK - not great, not bad. Light to medium coverage depending on how much you put on

Pros:
-non irritating
-medium, smooth coverage

Cons:
-Clinique foundations all seem to have red undertones to me. My niece was also wearing this one day and she looked like she was reading a mask (you could see the mark along her jawline although the color should have been appropriate for her). I looked at myself more closely and noticed that I looked more bronzy than usual but there was no lighter color in the line
-does not make my dry skin look any dewier so I think this may be a foundation for younger, moister skin types

Okay, so I did a trial of this, hoping it would be moisturising with the added bonus of SPF 30. I've been using Chanel Perfection Lumiere Velvet (which I freaking LOVE, but $101), but the Clinique CC is half the price ($50), and the sales assistant was convincing (and said if i come back to purchase I can get 15% off if I bring my flight itinerary).

Decent coverage, looks fine, but makes my skin feel SO dry, and tight, when I smile in the mirror my laugh lines are prominent. Coverage is medium, decent colour match (Chanel I'm B50, this i'm Medium Deep), even but actually looks unnatural? Not hugely impressed with this, and had high hopes. I feel dry patches around my nose, cheeks, mouth.

Also, smells weird. Sort of paint like. Clinique is supposed to be all fragrance free right, but maybe they should reconsider...

I'm giving it a go, but at this stage i'm going have to use a pretty nourishing moisturiser tonight, feels awful on my skin right now. Ugh, not a fan. I guess Clinique is cheap for a reason.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

really overpriced
it's very oily, but not in a dewy way. it's like an orange coloured thick and gooey suncream (a cheap one at that)
it never blends in and stays oily throughout the day
both my friends swear by it but they have severely dry skin
it broke me out so bad :(

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

this product is the worst. the consistency is way too sticky, its hard to blend. my face get oily very quick, and it doesn't make the face matt, it creases a lot on forehead, nose and under eye area. maybe it will work on dry skin. it is horrible to me, definitely not going to purchase this again.