Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream SPF 30

3.7

on 8/28/2015 7:42:00 PM

I honestly think this just might be my Holy Grail Product. I absolutely LOVE this CC cream. It stays on all day and doesn't cake at all. I swear by it when I'm outdoors and it has never let me down, even in sweaty situations it stays put and protects me from the sun. The consistency of the product is just right... not too heavy and not too light. It also evens out my blotchy red cheeks and keeps everything looking one color. I also have very sensitive skin that is prone to breaking out but I've never had any acne from this product. Definitely recommend this CC cream.

on 8/25/2015 3:51:00 AM

I got a sample of this in the medium shade, which is way too dark for my skin tone. I gave it away to someone with a darker skin tone and taught them how to use it. This product is light to medium weight, not too heavy or cakey. The shade itself is very orange though, and requires quite a bit of blending. This is lightly fragranced, but it does not bother me too much. Overall, this was just an okay cc cream, comparable to drugstore brands, and not really worth the price tag.

on 8/24/2015 9:34:00 PM

Omg, I absolutely love this product. Got s sample in med light and decided to just try it. I was getting compliments on my skin and happened to pass a mirror and couldn't believe how even my skin tone looked. I actually looked younger:) I will
Never stop using this product, I don't care how expensive it is!!

on 8/1/2015 8:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Got a 10ml sample of this, thank god I didn't purchase this product. It goes on quite oddly - had to blend for a long time but it set into a satin-like finish.. Also it is definitely not for oily skin - powdered a lot. Didn't like how greasy it felt on the skin.

UPDATE

Tried it for the second time and to be honest, one thing I HATE about this product is the smell - it's so strong, I can't stand it. It made me break out too.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I'm on the fence about this product. I used to use the old formulation of the Clinique Moisture Surge Tinted Moisturiser and I really liked it. When I went to repurchase it was gone and this was available in it's place...but I don't love it.

I don't hate it by any means and I plan to finish it, but I don't like it enough that I would repurchase. Ultimately, I think I can find something better.

Pros:
- SPF 30! This is a product I would use in summer and during the daytime so I love having the high SPF because I burn very easy.
- Good coverage - it's not too heavy and not too light. Gives a lovely even finish and is easy to blend into skin.
- Shade match - I bought Very Light and it's a good match for my skin (for ref. I wear NC15 in MAC)

Cons:
- Transfer - this stuff doesn't seem to fully set and I have noticed it rubs off on clothing and tissues etc. This might be because of the spf?
- Overly dewy - I've got very dry skin and I love a nice dewy finish makeup, but this is too much even for me. On hot days it can make you look greasy even if you set with a power. If you're very oily I would steer clear!

All in all not a terrible product but I will be continuing the hunt for a new HG tinted moisturiser/lightweight everyday base.

on 7/26/2015 7:55:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I started using the Clinique CC Cream because I was looking for something that will moistuize and protect my face from the sun. I chanced upon this and saw that it also helped with fading blemishes and evening out my skin tone so I thought it was definitely worth to try.

As far as moisturizing and sun screen, i think it did it's job. It kept my face hydrated all day. It also really helped in evening out my skin tone by fading blemishes. I noticed that my blemishes (from pimple scaring, I sometimes pick on them, it's a really bad habit) 'disappear' MUCH faster than before.

The only thing I wished it would do is to mattify my face. It's not for really oily people. When I first put it, it makes my face dewy (the good kind) but 2-3 hours later, I would already need to blot my face.

In terms of how long a bottle will last, well, it lasted me for a year since you only need a pea-size for your entire face. I used it almost everyday.

I don't hate it but I don't love it either. The product itself is very easy to apply. I just used the tips of my fingers and it seemed to blend and spread pretty easily. I also like the fact that it has an spf. As for coverage, it's OKAY. I have acne scars and it covered them up pretty nicely but I still found myself having to used a concealer or foundation on some areas of my face for additional coverage. Also, for being a "moisture surge" product, my face feels pretty dry to say the least and that's after already applying regular moisturizer before hand...

on 6/20/2015 8:36:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I do like this product as it does even out my complexion and gives decent coverage, especially for a cc cream, however I have relatively oily skin and even so, this seems the cling to the edges of pimples and make any dryness seem more noticeable. Normally if this happens to me with other foundations or bb creams, the dry patches go away as my face become more oily and my makeup settles but whenever closely inspected, I could still see some flaky dryness which disappoints me as it is quite expensive and I got much the same result from my maybelline pure bb cream.

on 6/6/2015 10:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Gives me beautifully even skin, covers well. Also makes me look like I've dipped my face in a bucket of oil. This is definitely not for someone prone to oily skin.

on 5/31/2015 3:45:00 AM

I love this productI have been using it everyday for around a year, it is highly moisturising, it gives a medium coverage, i use the shade very light and it matches my skin all year round, and most products i have used react with my sensitive skin and this product doesn't it actually improves my skin rather then effect it negatively, i recommend brushes and preferably fingers to apply this product, sponges tend to make it look a little cakey, you also need to warm the product up in your fingers before applying it. my only complaint with this product is that you need to put the lid on straight away or the tube fills with air and you can't really tell how much product you actually have left.