January 29, 2015 | 1085 users online

BB Cream - Clinique - Moisture Surge CC Cream SPF 30

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2015 9:58:00 PM More reviews by Aforasri

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I was surprised to see how many people hate this product while to me this Clinique Moisture Surge CC cream does great. I think the key for the perfect application of this cream is to have our skin properly moisturized first. When I first bought this cream back in Sept 2013, the beautician at Clinique's counter explained that I would still need to moisturize my skin before applying it, because CC cream isn't a moisturizing product. I was given some sachets of Clinique Moisture Surge moisturizing gel for sample, to apply before the CC cream. The CC cream worked very well since the beginning. I love how it glides smoothly on my skin, and how it evens out my skin tone as well as creates natural shades that looks fresh and dewy. To me the texture is not thick at all. It's very easy to apply and blend on properly moisturized skin. I apply it on my face using my fingertips, as I believe that my body heat helps blending it even more. The beautiful tone stays for hours that I go to work with it and still have my beautiful glowing skin at the end of the day. I don't continue using Clinique's moisturizing gel, though. It's because I prefer using my SK II stempower cream or my dermatologist's morning cream. My skin is picky. It breaks out easily when it gets a wrong product. But with Clinique's CC cream it stays calm and gets even more beautiful. I love it! :)

rated 3 of 5 on 1/22/2015 9:34:00 PM More reviews by purplepickle777

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love Clinique skin care products so when I was looking for a cc cream I saw this one and thought it would be great. I was also super happy that it had SPF 30. But I find that the product is too thick and its hard to spread around my face so when I apply it I have a 1:1 ration of cc cream and moisturizer to thin it out a bit for an easier application. I must say it does match my skin tone well (I have the shade very light and I have fair skin with cool undertones.) Overall I will not be repurchasing because of the consistency.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2015 12:03:00 PM More reviews by stacyXOX

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a solid product, but I feel like the branding is misleading. First off, this "cc" cream goes on more like an actual foundation. It's definitely thicker than many other "cc" or "bb" creams I've used, but on the plus side, it overs more coverage. I apply it with my fingers, working in small areas at a time, as it is a bit hard to blend. I also didn't feel like there was anything particularly moisturizing about it, as the name would indicate. It didn't make my skin dry or flakey, but certainly didn't leave it feeling more moisturized.

Ok, a few things I really like about it:
As I said, it has pretty good coverage. The coverage is more comparable to an actual liquid foundation, but it still feels very light.
I love the amount of SPF in it, as I have very pale skin. Also, the fair tone matches my skin perfectly. I would repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/23/2014 11:38:00 PM More reviews by Gadgeteer

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've been trying this CC cream about once or twice a week since I got it but it doesn't work for my skin tone or texture. As with most BB & CC's the Clinique CC shade range is somewhat limited. I ended up with the darkest because the shade below was too off to wear. In the store it looked okay and it looks alright if I use a lighter setting powder but I cant wear it alone. This is like a lotion and it dries to a dewy finish with light to medium coverage eventually. It's finally time to admit I don't like this. There may be some skin shades and types it works for and my opinion might have been different if I had a better match. I get the result - sin evening and moisturizing - I expected from this by mixing foundation with my moisturizer.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2014 4:04:00 AM More reviews by ellie179

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had a generous sample in light medium. I really wanted to like it but this is another BB/CC that reinforces my dislike for these creams. What I liked: gives a nice glow to your skin. Layered with a light dusting of loose powder like Nars Light Reflecting or Hourglass Ambient Lighting, gives an almost unreal/ethereal quality. High SPF. What I didn't like: gloopy and thick, I hated applying the product as I much prefer a fluid texture. This just reminds me of old fashioned sunblock. Had to rely on a Beauty Blender to blend it in. Even after it's settled in, I could feel it sitting on my skin and my skin just didn't feel nice to touch. Another reason, a few times I was caught out in humid weather and this cream seemed to have migrated and was stinging my eyes, very similar to like when sunscreen seeps into your eyes when you're sweating. Ugh. I want to enjoy putting on my skincare or makeup so needless to say I won't be buying this. I'll stick to my Nars TM for my 'no-foundation but still want some coverage' days.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/10/2014 11:35:00 AM More reviews by blondeattack

this product was horrendous on my dry sensitive skin! Moisture surge my ass! It made me break out terribly along my t-zone with cystic acne (which i never had before!) and caused a rash along my forehead. I have to admit, i have tried other clinique products and they've all made me break out in a rash and spots, they do not use natural ingredients.
When i first applied the CC cream, it felt like i'd razored my skin. The cream sank into my pores and into my flaky spots making me look disgusting and you could see the fine lines of my face from dryness even after moisturising thoroughly. It felt greasy to apply and found my forehead lit up from oil whilst the rest of my face clumped and look disgusting.
Would not recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2014 3:35:00 PM More reviews by luckyerialc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my go-to CC cream on the weekend days or weekdays I don't feel putting on foundtation. It's incredibly moisturizing and gives a nice glow to my skin. It doesn't give heavy coverage but my face looks much more even with it on. I have the light for colder months and light-medium for late spring and summer.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2014 4:33:00 AM More reviews by minusthegirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wear this cream in the Medium-Deep color, and I absolutely love it. I'm not really big into foundation and at 27, I've just started figuring out how you're supposed to apply the stuff and how it is supposed to look. I have combination skin, but this looks really nice on me. The one area that this CC cream does not do well for is the bridge and tip of my nose. For some reason, I get oily only in that spot, and the CC cream does not stay well in that area. It's very strange, but it's not noticeable on me if I blend well.

At first when I apply this in the morning, I notice that it looks a little bit grey and heavy, but after about an hour, it settles onto my skin and then it looks flawless, leaving me with a very healthy, natural look. This cream also has incredible staying power. It will last all day on me. I fell asleep with my face pressed into my boyfriends neck (I move around in my sleep often too) and this was still on my face when I woke up.

I started off with applying this with a beauty blender, but it does not work well that way at all. I'm not sure why, and I do prefer applying this with a flat brush. I find that it spreads out much better for me that way. It doesn't have a scent and this product has yet to break me out. I wear it over an ELF primer and with nothing else, but I may start using a light bronzer with this as well to make my skin 'glow' a little bit. I don't know about coverage or what people mean when they talk about low, medium or full coverage, but I do like to be able to see my skin/have people not realize I'm wearing foundation. This will do that for me, and for that reason, I absolutely adore this CC cream.

If you have dry areas on your skin, make sure to use a moisturizer beforehand. I made that mistake a few times and it made me look flaky on those days. After that, I ALWAYS used a moisturizer and a primer before applying this. I will definitely repurchase when I run out.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/2/2014 5:00:00 PM More reviews by ak2011

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love clinique products. But this cc cream is not for me. It stings my eyes, not immediately, but like an hour after applying it. I use it on top of clinique eye cream. After a while, the cc cream seems to slowly "flow" into my eyes, and I have to wash it off. I don't have the same problem with clinique city block, which I have used for like over 20 years.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2014 4:43:00 PM More reviews by cathyc1103

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

A friend of mine uses this and I had to ask what it was. Initially, they didn't have a very wide color selection. Last week, at the Clinique counter, a perfect match. I live in a dry state, the moisture and coverage make this my go-to product. A bit of blush, mascara and out the door. I travel all the time, the tube is perfect for my "3oz. or less" life. Highly recommend! Tips- Use sparingly and blend with a brush.