July 29, 2014 | 902 users online

BB Cream - Clinique - Moisture Surge CC Cream SPF 30

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2014 4:41:00 PM More reviews by antolin1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have super dry skin - to the point where finding the right foundation is a major pain because I need liquid and moisture that will also not accentuate any dry patches. But sometimes I just don't feel like wearing foundation yet I do want some coverage so that I don't frighten the masses with my unpainted face when running errands. My skin is also very red and needs neutralization. Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream solves these issues with ease, as well as additional benefits. [I am NC 30 usually and the light/medium shade works for me].

Pros:
Its thick enough it mimics foundation and spreads and blends easily. I feel it provides light medium coverage, which is great - it covers redness, blemishes, and evens out your entire skintone nicely. It leaves a great dewy look finish which I love and if it gets "too dewy" throughout the day I just blot with a tissue and continue on with my day. It looks very natural, which is great, and layers much better than foundation would/does if you need to touch it up. Its a wonderful moisturizer and leaves the skin feeling really soft. It comes in a tube so no worries re contamination or de-stabilizing of ingredients. Its SPF 30, a major plus.

Cons:
I wouldn't recommend this for oily skin types or those who break out because it is thick and super moisturizing. At $37 bucks a pop, its on the pricey side in comparison to other CC creams and its not a very large tube so if using daily it will run out far quicker than foundation does. There are probably cheaper and comparable CC's out there (I just haven't found any yet). If you are looking for fuller coverage (such as with foundation or BB cream), this isn't the product for you.

I do recommend this for dry skin where a touch of coverage is desired, as well as those who wish to even out skin tones or neutralize any redness.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2014 8:10:00 AM More reviews by spinnaker

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

So I was looking for something to streamline my routine: I wanted SS, moisturizer, primer, a bit of glow, all in one. Thought this would fit the bill. Binned it after a week.

I picked this up at a Shoppers Beauty Boutique for around $35 Cdn. Which is a little steep but if it replaces a $40 primer/illuminator and a $15 SS/moisturizer, it's worth it. And it's Clinique, so the price was middle of the road for them. They do get lippies for the tube. I detest glass bottles and pumps and liked the sleek little, travel friendly tube.

Now I am fair. Like so fair, I don't notice the white cast in SS. The lowest foundation numbers don't fit me fair. And in this CC Cream, I am Light. Not Very Light. I am the second colour in. Total surprise. So for you super fair girls, get colour matched on this one.

Now for the road test: the consistency on this is really thick. I was expecting more spreadability and less spackle. It didn't spread over my face easily and I ended up putting it on like foundation, not like a moisturizer. With that thick consistency came thick coverage. Again, I expected sheer and glowy and what I got felt like foundation.

And looked like foundation. Nice skin in the bathroom, obvious makeup in natural light. That's not a bad thing, but not what I was looking for.

The salesgirl said that because this was from the Moisture Surge line it would be super hydrating. I am 39, with normal skin, not too dry, not too oily. And it is the height of summer, the 2 weeks of the year we get +25* temp. And it was barely moisturizing enough. My skin felt a little tight and I could have used a serum underneath. By Fall/Winter, I would need another layer underneath this. Which negates the whole 'streamlining my routine' thing.

They get lippies for the SPF 30. It worked, I didn't darken down on the days I wore this and I love a nice, high SPF.

Bottom line: fairly pricey, too makeup-ey, not moisturizing enough. Sticking with my Super City Block.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/10/2014 7:22:00 PM More reviews by Susie0205

Horrible! Very hard to blend, the consistency is very thick! I have acne scars and It sits into them and make them visible ever than before!! So patchy!!! I try this 3-4 times and want to love this, but I can not!! Waste 45AUD...

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2014 4:04:00 PM More reviews by antoanto23

Best cc cream ever.full coverage,keep skin soft and huge colour selection.is long lasting too,just the price is a bit...high.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/21/2014 9:24:00 PM More reviews by BrittyBratty0

Magen my face was fine i loved this. it's light coverage so if that's all you need then you'll like it. but i randomly started breaking out bad and i tried to use this and it just made it way worse. this is NOT for damaged broken out skin. it'll only make things worse at least i my case. I can only use this when my skin is calmed down and not so broken out

rated 3 of 5 on 6/21/2014 9:38:00 AM More reviews by nailamaz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Hmm not sure about this , does give you a nice glow , especially if i mix it with my maybelline BB cream but every time i use it i get breakouts on my chin

rated 2 of 5 on 6/11/2014 4:24:00 PM More reviews by harmony7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Other, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this mainly to conceal near my eyes and nose area. I like how it conceals, so I decided to apply it to my whole face.
Although I have it in Deep, it was too light for the rest of my face. It also broke me out on my forehead. It wasn't until afterwards that I realize my skin is too acne-prone for anything that promises to hydrate/moisturize. It sucks that I can't use this all over because it does have SPF 30 and it does provide good coverage. This product is best for those who have dry skin that is not prone to breaking out. The shade range is also limited.
I will use the rest to conceal near my eyes, but I won't be buying this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2014 1:30:00 PM More reviews by justinetindall

PERFECT for my combo oily skin. Coverage is medium, but spreads like cream. Keeps my face matte/satin, and quite flawless. Light reflecting pigments hide my dark circles and redness. Does not irritate or fade for me, even with my oily skin. It just sets and stays. Looks soo pretty.

Love love love.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2014 10:02:00 AM More reviews by bjlt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been looking for the perfect cc or bb cream for a while - i wanted something i could wear on holiday that gives me coverage, but isn't too heavy and doesn't melt as soon as you go in the sun! I've used a few bb creams and found them all too heavy and orange but this cream is near perfect for me - i am very pale and foundations tend to go crusty on my skin, but this cc cream didn't! I use it after i wash and tone, like i would a foundation and find it gives me coverage, without looking like i've got a full face of liquid foundation on! I apply a light bit of powder, too, and love the look it gives! I really recommend it for anyone pale (i use the lightest colour and it isnt orange at all) or for anyone who likes a bit of coverage whilst on holiday as it doesn't melt and stays on all day.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/6/2014 1:35:00 PM More reviews by Lorraine6

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Way too thick, did not spread well nor blend in. Gave a very "made up" look. I washed it off right away and threw out the tube. Fortunately I had received it as a free sample.