Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream SPF 30

3.7

I don't hate it but I don't love it either. The product itself is very easy to apply. I just used the tips of my fingers and it seemed to blend and spread pretty easily. I also like the fact that it has an spf. As for coverage, it's OKAY. I have acne scars and it covered them up pretty nicely but I still found myself having to used a concealer or foundation on some areas of my face for additional coverage. Also, for being a "moisture surge" product, my face feels pretty dry to say the least and that's after already applying regular moisturizer before hand...

on 6/20/2015 8:36:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I do like this product as it does even out my complexion and gives decent coverage, especially for a cc cream, however I have relatively oily skin and even so, this seems the cling to the edges of pimples and make any dryness seem more noticeable. Normally if this happens to me with other foundations or bb creams, the dry patches go away as my face become more oily and my makeup settles but whenever closely inspected, I could still see some flaky dryness which disappoints me as it is quite expensive and I got much the same result from my maybelline pure bb cream.

on 6/6/2015 10:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Gives me beautifully even skin, covers well. Also makes me look like I've dipped my face in a bucket of oil. This is definitely not for someone prone to oily skin.

on 5/31/2015 3:45:00 AM

I love this productI have been using it everyday for around a year, it is highly moisturising, it gives a medium coverage, i use the shade very light and it matches my skin all year round, and most products i have used react with my sensitive skin and this product doesn't it actually improves my skin rather then effect it negatively, i recommend brushes and preferably fingers to apply this product, sponges tend to make it look a little cakey, you also need to warm the product up in your fingers before applying it. my only complaint with this product is that you need to put the lid on straight away or the tube fills with air and you can't really tell how much product you actually have left.

on 5/30/2015 6:39:00 PM

If you have dry, sensitive skin then give this a go. I love this product, I find that it blends beautifully and is very nourishing to my picky complexion. I find that the coverage is light to medium and buildable too. It gives a beautiful glow to the skin and photographs really well. It may not work so well on extremely oily skin types. With a good spf it is a good all round product, I highly recommend.

on 5/24/2015 8:41:00 AM

This CC cream is perfect for someone who has sensitive skin or combination dry skin. Leaves your skin feeling moisturised and natural looking. It also give a beautiful dewy glow without looking too oily. The good thing about this is that it give the right amount of sheer coverage without feeling like you actually have something on.
The only downfall is that all the shades either have a pinky undertone or leaves my skin looking grey. So if just like me, you normally have a warm undertone, this probably isn't going to match your skin too well.

on 5/5/2015 4:32:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I FREAKING LOVE this CC Cream. I got so many compliments from wearing it. It doesn't feel heavy on your skin. It doesn't clog pores. It is just amazing. It also match my skin colour very well, I have olive skin and 'Medium Deep' really suits me. I am in Australia and it costs me $45 here. But I am planning to get the next one from eBay since I already knew my shades. I highly recommend this product to anyone who doesn't like using thick foundation.

on 5/5/2015 2:55:00 AM

I received this in a swap in the shade Light, which I already knew from a previous sample pot from Clinique was my closest color match (typically I'm matched to light/mediums shades, but maybe this product line runs a shade darker than expected as their light/medium was a tad deeper than my skin tone, which is currently NC25). Contains SPF30 with a good list of hybrid physical-chemical active sunscreen ingredients.

I didn't love this product, but I didn't hate it either. The finish is dewy and given I have an oily T-zone, I always blot immediately after applying and then dust it with matte setting powder. The shine comes through in 4-5 hours but this is not intended for shine control, so no surprise there... blot, powder, carry on. The color, which applies semi-sheer, does actually last all day. When applying, I only do one side of my face at a time as this does dry down quickly and can cake (despite being sheer!) if I take too long to blend over. Smells like Play-doh too but that goes away after a short while.

The hardest thing for me to get past when it comes to this product is that it seems to stay sticky throughout the duration of wear. I do have combo-oily skin so this may have been due to my own skin type and the moisturizer I use prior (Neutrogena Naturals Multi-Vitamin Nourishing Moisturizer). The use of a matte powder helps greatly with the sticky finish, but when my oily T-zone starts to show, the product feels stickier again. It's not the best feeling especially for an already oily face. I have to admit though that this is not as sticky as the Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream, which I disliked for the same one reason.

Great product aside from the sticky feeling as the SPF is good, the color matched well and evened out my skin tone without looking unnatural, lasted all day and for the most part did everything I would expect a CC cream to do. But this retails for $38 for 40ml. My favorite BB cream from Japan is $20 for 40ml, but feels much more comfortable and has higher SPF. On its own the Clinique CC is a great everyday product but I'd rather pay the lower price tag for an import product that feels even better and still looks good on my skin.

on 5/5/2015 12:02:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I have sensitive skin and Clinique moisturizers are usually safe, so I figured this would be, too...
PROS: the medium light color is a good match for me and I didn't run into blending problems, as other reviewers have mentioned.
CONS: HEAT RASH. By the time I got home from a day outside& at the gym, i had developed red bumps all over my cheeks. I'm overall more susceptible to it (long time eczema), but I haven't had it to this extent on my face in years. I should mention that I've exercised with a variety of other products on my face, and never gotten a rash. To be fair, I don't know if it was this specific product or all CC creams that are non-comedogenic, but now I know that it's something I may look for. I will probably not be using this again soon unless I'm going to be in a fairly cool environment, which defeats the purpose of it being SPF 30.

on 4/29/2015 5:42:00 AM

This cream can't be blend. what a shame despite a very good ingredients listed. It has a poor coverage and basically does nothing to your face rather than being a tacky sunscreen. Clinique once again has to consider changing its name, it doesnt do color correcting hence named cc cream, well to sum up it basically just an overprice sunscreen with zero coverage.