November 27, 2014 | 1383 users online

BB Cream - Clinique - Moisture Surge CC Cream SPF 30

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2014 4:33:00 AM More reviews by minusthegirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wear this cream in the Medium-Deep color, and I absolutely love it. I'm not really big into foundation and at 27, I've just started figuring out how you're supposed to apply the stuff and how it is supposed to look. I have combination skin, but this looks really nice on me. The one area that this CC cream does not do well for is the bridge and tip of my nose. For some reason, I get oily only in that spot, and the CC cream does not stay well in that area. It's very strange, but it's not noticeable on me if I blend well.

At first when I apply this in the morning, I notice that it looks a little bit grey and heavy, but after about an hour, it settles onto my skin and then it looks flawless, leaving me with a very healthy, natural look. This cream also has incredible staying power. It will last all day on me. I fell asleep with my face pressed into my boyfriends neck (I move around in my sleep often too) and this was still on my face when I woke up.

I started off with applying this with a beauty blender, but it does not work well that way at all. I'm not sure why, and I do prefer applying this with a flat brush. I find that it spreads out much better for me that way. It doesn't have a scent and this product has yet to break me out. I wear it over an ELF primer and with nothing else, but I may start using a light bronzer with this as well to make my skin 'glow' a little bit. I don't know about coverage or what people mean when they talk about low, medium or full coverage, but I do like to be able to see my skin/have people not realize I'm wearing foundation. This will do that for me, and for that reason, I absolutely adore this CC cream.

If you have dry areas on your skin, make sure to use a moisturizer beforehand. I made that mistake a few times and it made me look flaky on those days. After that, I ALWAYS used a moisturizer and a primer before applying this. I will definitely repurchase when I run out.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/2/2014 5:00:00 PM More reviews by ak2011

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love clinique products. But this cc cream is not for me. It stings my eyes, not immediately, but like an hour after applying it. I use it on top of clinique eye cream. After a while, the cc cream seems to slowly "flow" into my eyes, and I have to wash it off. I don't have the same problem with clinique city block, which I have used for like over 20 years.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2014 4:43:00 PM More reviews by cathyc1103

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

A friend of mine uses this and I had to ask what it was. Initially, they didn't have a very wide color selection. Last week, at the Clinique counter, a perfect match. I live in a dry state, the moisture and coverage make this my go-to product. A bit of blush, mascara and out the door. I travel all the time, the tube is perfect for my "3oz. or less" life. Highly recommend! Tips- Use sparingly and blend with a brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2014 10:16:00 PM More reviews by maryannemiles

I normally wear a sheer tinted moisturizer for summer, but when the weather cools down and winter sucks the moisture out of my skin this is my go-to foundation. It has a thicker,creamy texture and helps my skin feel hydrated all day. It is buildable to medium coverage and leaves a slightly dewey, natural finish. The color selection is somewhat limited, but this does sheer out some and matches skin tone well...so don't let that scare you. It is very blendable and does not leave streaks. I like to apply this with a makeup sponge. Cream blush works well with this product. A nicely pigmented powder would help give more coverage if needed. This product would be a nightmare for anyone with even slightly oily skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2014 12:07:00 AM More reviews by Vanhusk

I like this product but don't love it. I bought it instead of face sunscreen for my summer holidays as it's SPF30+ I'd tried many BB creams and they were all much much too oily, particularly for summer. This product is nice because it offers a bit more coverage than BB creams. It goes on feeling a bit thick but as it sets upon the face it feels quite weightless and powdery. The real drawback for me is that the shades are so limited I couldn't wear this as a foundation alone without looking a bit grey.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2014 2:57:00 AM More reviews by Skin24

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This CC Cream might surprise you when you see it leaves a glow. Very stunning effect on the skin. Blends well, covers decent.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2014 10:48:00 PM More reviews by lnicole1999

I have this because the lady at ulta recommended it to me when I asked her what to get for dry skin and light coverage. I love it. It is blend able and perfect coverage. I powder it lightly to keep it in place all day because I have 17 hour days as a 9th grader. So I need something to stay and have no problems. I use the wet and wild coverall powder. and the price is pricey but I don't use much of the product and it lasts a long time so yeah:)

rated 2 of 5 on 8/9/2014 7:12:00 PM More reviews by VeroniqueDubois

I have a sample of this which I used on half of my face and compared to Clinique's Even Better SPF 15 foundation. They feel and smell the same. Minimal odor but identically greasy to the touch. The BB just has a bit more shine to it, likely due to the metallic ingredient concentration (pardon my laziness to go look at the tube for exact names) being twice as high in order to make the SPF twice as high. They both truly do work as a pretty good sunscreen. I can walk outside in hot sun for several hours and there will be no indication afterwards of having done that with these on. But I look like a greasy shining butterball face while walking around, especially with the BB.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/1/2014 7:09:00 PM More reviews by addkg777

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

like with all of cliniques foundations/face makeup, this was way way way too pink. i dont understand why they do this. it was last straw with this one. if you have skin the color of a hot dog then you can wear this but it will only work for people with really dry skin.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2014 4:41:00 PM More reviews by antolin1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have super dry skin - to the point where finding the right foundation is a major pain because I need liquid and moisture that will also not accentuate any dry patches. But sometimes I just don't feel like wearing foundation yet I do want some coverage so that I don't frighten the masses with my unpainted face when running errands. My skin is also very red and needs neutralization. Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream solves these issues with ease, as well as additional benefits. [I am NC 30 usually and the light/medium shade works for me].

Pros:
Its thick enough it mimics foundation and spreads and blends easily. I feel it provides light medium coverage, which is great - it covers redness, blemishes, and evens out your entire skintone nicely. It leaves a great dewy look finish which I love and if it gets "too dewy" throughout the day I just blot with a tissue and continue on with my day. It looks very natural, which is great, and layers much better than foundation would/does if you need to touch it up. Its a wonderful moisturizer and leaves the skin feeling really soft. It comes in a tube so no worries re contamination or de-stabilizing of ingredients. Its SPF 30, a major plus.

Cons:
I wouldn't recommend this for oily skin types or those who break out because it is thick and super moisturizing. At $37 bucks a pop, its on the pricey side in comparison to other CC creams and its not a very large tube so if using daily it will run out far quicker than foundation does. There are probably cheaper and comparable CC's out there (I just haven't found any yet). If you are looking for fuller coverage (such as with foundation or BB cream), this isn't the product for you.

I do recommend this for dry skin where a touch of coverage is desired, as well as those who wish to even out skin tones or neutralize any redness.