January 28, 2015 | 1505 users online

Lipstick - Rimmel - Lasting Finish Matte by Kate Moss - 103

rated 1 of 5 on 1/18/2015 9:48:00 PM More reviews by r8girll

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think if you are going for a barely there look then this is for you. The pigmentation isn't that good at all - for me at least. I am tan skinned. I do not believe this is a matte product, it felt so slippery it literally would barely stay on even with a lip liner. After this I used Half and Half by Mac and now I just wear lip stain. All this stuff comes off way to easily.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/5/2015 2:11:00 AM More reviews by Inuki

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

On my NW20ish skin tone, the 103 initially shows up as a salmon pink during the day which is not the most flattering color on me (brown eyes, black hair, usually don't get much sun). The color is slightly more acceptable for night but still not great.

Texture wise this applied smoothly and wasn't too drying compared to WnW Megalasts (opaque and long lasting but literally suck the moisture out of my lips). I didn't notice the grainy texture that other reviewers mentioned.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2014 4:27:00 AM More reviews by carlablack

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm surprised at the performance of this lipstick.
I needed a nude-pink matte lip color in my stash and since i'm on a tight budget right now, i went for a drugstore item. I did not have high expectations; matte lipsticks are difficult to formulate right because there are so many problems associated with matte colors - drying formulas leading to cracked lips, color gets trapped within the cracks and lines, etc. it's a mess.

I was lusting after NARS velvet matte lip pencils, but thankfully they did not have the shade i was looking for. Luckily Rimmel did; i knew it was my dream shade the second i grabbed the tester. It applied smoothly on my finger so i bought it. I applied it to my lips and right out of the tube, it had a satin finish. I blotted it and it became matte instantly.

Normally, my lips are not in best condition. I have the habit of biting my lips often when they don't have some product on. So yeah, it's not the perfect base for a matte lipstick. I also don't have the habit of using lip balms (they wear off so easily)

Still, this lipstick felt and looked good. It did make my lips feel a little bit dry but it was bearable. It looks very natural like i actually have rose-colored lips naturally. I cannot count the hours of wear like others, but i can say that it survives drinking with minimal or no transfer on the glass AND some stain was left on my lips after eating, that is impressive. When i feel like the color is gone, i look in the mirror to find out it's still there.

I'm going to check out more colors from this line. It's reasonably priced and i hope other shades work like this one.

Would recommend.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2014 11:09:00 AM More reviews by tinkerrbelle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Pigmented, peachy mauve, raspberry cream scent. I like the regular Kate line but this this 103 Matte one has a strange grainy texture. I've seen other people mention this problem on youtube and this is the 3rd matte shade that has been grainy so its a widespread problem. I tossed all my matte Kates in the red tubes and will stick to the regular black tube Kates in future. I like the cinnamon frosting scent of those better anyway!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/24/2014 11:10:00 AM More reviews by kandi28

matte my a**. this was a major disappointment to me. its not even pigmented enuf.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2014 2:33:00 AM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a perfect mauve shade on my lips. It has just enough pink to give a little pop of color to my lips. it is slightly drying but nothing lip balm can't take care of. I picked this up recently at CVS since they were having a BOGO 50 % off sale on Rimmel and I couldn't resist. I regret not getting more shades. The formulation could use some work, but the color is there. It also has decent staying power, but you will need to reapply. This is my favorite current shade right now. I can wear it daily and it is not over the top for work.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2014 8:01:00 PM More reviews by paperdoll66

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is one of the lipsticks I wear the most often. It's very closer to my natural lip color. Most nude lip colors don't look good with my skin, so I like pairing this color with more dramatic eye makeup. It's also nice for when I just don't feel like looking like I spent a lot of time on my makeup. It doesn't smell like anything specific, but it smells good. It isn't too drying, but I usually choose to wear it with a balm. The packaging is very pretty.

It does lose points for a few things. It doesn't last as long as I would normally expect from a matte lipstick. I've worn about half a tube, and it is having some texture issues. I haven't had it for very long, but it has a little bit of grit to it later in the tube.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2014 5:25:00 PM More reviews by popoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i have both 103 and 102. i prefer 103 because 102 is drier and has a weird grain-y feel.
don't get me wrong, 103 is dry as well, but i find that all matte lipsticks are on the drier side. it's inevitable, i suppose.
as for the color difference, 103 is slightly lighter and cooler-toned than 102.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/12/2013 12:28:00 AM More reviews by beckynicole1

This is a great colour for every day use. Close to natural but still a nice pop of colour. On the other hand, I have dry lips and it does tend to emphasize this.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2013 7:36:00 AM More reviews by rachelk94

A definite improvement rimmel. I find this range a lot better than the original black lipstick they tend to feel plasticy and dry out my lips a lot. This is a lovely slightly darker pink than my natural lip colour and is the perfect highlight with a smoky eye. Love this colour really compliments my lips and pale skin tone and looks almost natural looking not like wow lipstick alert. They feel matte but at the same time moisturising and smooth. A lot of matte lipsticks tend to feel to dry for me but this is just right. In terms of staying power it's not a huge time about 3 hours but it does leave a bit of a stain on your lips I wouldn't say it disappears. Great every day lipstick I would definitely repurchase!