Rimmel Lasting Finish Matte by Kate Moss - 103

on 7/6/2015 7:45:00 AM

This is the best lipstick in my collection. The colour is Devine, the texture is perfect and it's so cheap! Ignore bad reviews and go grab this if you are looking for a natural lip colours that gives an expensive feel for cheap cheap!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love it. Very cute and subtle pink (almost matches my natural lip color). Very soft and gentle. Recommend for those with dry lips.

on 4/2/2015 6:15:00 AM

I was in Boots the other day and decided to check out the Rimmel stand, since I've heard so many people rave about this brand of make up. I also wanted to check out a new lipstick since i was bored of the shades i had. I found this shade and thought it was so pretty and natural! I wore it for the first time the next day and it stayed on the entire day!! I was extremely shocked because i did not really expect much. My lips didn't even go dry. This is honestly such a great lipstick and the quality is amazing for a drugstore brand! Love it.

on 1/18/2015 9:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

I think if you are going for a barely there look then this is for you. The pigmentation isn't that good at all - for me at least. I am tan skinned. I do not believe this is a matte product, it felt so slippery it literally would barely stay on even with a lip liner. After this I used Half and Half by Mac and now I just wear lip stain. All this stuff comes off way to easily.

on 1/5/2015 2:11:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

On my NW20ish skin tone, the 103 initially shows up as a salmon pink during the day which is not the most flattering color on me (brown eyes, black hair, usually don't get much sun). The color is slightly more acceptable for night but still not great.

Texture wise this applied smoothly and wasn't too drying compared to WnW Megalasts (opaque and long lasting but literally suck the moisture out of my lips). I didn't notice the grainy texture that other reviewers mentioned.

on 11/21/2014 4:27:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I'm surprised at the performance of this lipstick.
I needed a nude-pink matte lip color in my stash and since i'm on a tight budget right now, i went for a drugstore item. I did not have high expectations; matte lipsticks are difficult to formulate right because there are so many problems associated with matte colors - drying formulas leading to cracked lips, color gets trapped within the cracks and lines, etc. it's a mess.

I was lusting after NARS velvet matte lip pencils, but thankfully they did not have the shade i was looking for. Luckily Rimmel did; i knew it was my dream shade the second i grabbed the tester. It applied smoothly on my finger so i bought it. I applied it to my lips and right out of the tube, it had a satin finish. I blotted it and it became matte instantly.

Normally, my lips are not in best condition. I have the habit of biting my lips often when they don't have some product on. So yeah, it's not the perfect base for a matte lipstick. I also don't have the habit of using lip balms (they wear off so easily)

Still, this lipstick felt and looked good. It did make my lips feel a little bit dry but it was bearable. It looks very natural like i actually have rose-colored lips naturally. I cannot count the hours of wear like others, but i can say that it survives drinking with minimal or no transfer on the glass AND some stain was left on my lips after eating, that is impressive. When i feel like the color is gone, i look in the mirror to find out it's still there.

I'm going to check out more colors from this line. It's reasonably priced and i hope other shades work like this one.

Would recommend.

on 9/19/2014 11:09:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Pigmented, peachy mauve, raspberry cream scent. I like the regular Kate line but this this 103 Matte one has a strange grainy texture. I've seen other people mention this problem on youtube and this is the 3rd matte shade that has been grainy so its a widespread problem. I tossed all my matte Kates in the red tubes and will stick to the regular black tube Kates in future. I like the cinnamon frosting scent of those better anyway!

on 7/24/2014 11:10:00 AM

matte my a**. this was a major disappointment to me. its not even pigmented enuf.

on 5/2/2014 2:33:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is a perfect mauve shade on my lips. It has just enough pink to give a little pop of color to my lips. it is slightly drying but nothing lip balm can't take care of. I picked this up recently at CVS since they were having a BOGO 50 % off sale on Rimmel and I couldn't resist. I regret not getting more shades. The formulation could use some work, but the color is there. It also has decent staying power, but you will need to reapply. This is my favorite current shade right now. I can wear it daily and it is not over the top for work.

on 4/29/2014 8:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This is one of the lipsticks I wear the most often. It's very closer to my natural lip color. Most nude lip colors don't look good with my skin, so I like pairing this color with more dramatic eye makeup. It's also nice for when I just don't feel like looking like I spent a lot of time on my makeup. It doesn't smell like anything specific, but it smells good. It isn't too drying, but I usually choose to wear it with a balm. The packaging is very pretty.

It does lose points for a few things. It doesn't last as long as I would normally expect from a matte lipstick. I've worn about half a tube, and it is having some texture issues. I haven't had it for very long, but it has a little bit of grit to it later in the tube.

Recommended for Medium Skin