August 21, 2014 | 1018 users online

BB Cream - L'Oreal - UV Perfect BB Max

rated 3 of 5 on 3/9/2014 8:16:00 PM More reviews by rubenna

Gave this a rating of 3 cause it's the only BB cream I know of in my country with a high SPF (above 50) and high PA and this is very essential to me. And this is the only reason why I would continue buying this product. But when it comes to coverage, I'll give this a rating of 2 or even 1. I think it doesn't help with coverage at all. It has this strange dull tinted color which is probably more suitable for fair-skinned people. If applied alone, it looks too dry on my face. With a moisturizer, it looks shiny and oily (and applying powder didn't help much either). Not to mention, it's pretty pricey too.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/27/2013 9:57:00 AM More reviews by neverlandforestcat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Pros : Excellent covering, cheap.
Cons : This product make my skin very dry

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2013 5:36:00 AM More reviews by amberxjustinx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This bb cream was my first, so It's quite special to me, I used it for a good couple of months and used up 2 and still have my third, but I got a bit bored due t the fact it would dissolve by the end of the day, I would be at school for 7hours and by the time I tried to wipe it off with my skin wipes its just nothing coming off, which was very disappointing, so I would say this bb cream only lasts about 4-5 hours, which is good if your just going out somewhere but not for a long day. As well as when you first apply it to the skin it comes out orange, this is not a major negative as all you need to do is rub in, like you would with any bb cream thus letting the bb cream dissolve and take away that orange colour, overall this is a good bb cream; it rubs in easily, gives a nice textured covered finish and does cover up spots or blemishes quite easily but the reason it got a four is because it just didn't last long enough for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/12/2013 11:39:00 PM More reviews by Shandy313

What i like about this L'oreal BB cream is the high sun protection factor. Application on the face isn't that heavy as compared to Bio-Essence BB cream (heavy & thick). However, there is little coverage & i've to put a little more than usual to cover my pores before putting my powder. Still, i will repurchase it due to high SPF 50 & it doesn't give that heavy feeling on the face.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/17/2013 11:53:00 AM More reviews by sniffer123

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I liked their sunscreens - but I will give this one a pass.

PROs
- Cheap

CONs
- My face looks grayish, dull
- no moisturizing effect
- no coverage at all. it doesn't even out my skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2013 8:32:00 PM More reviews by apgoh2

So it seems like L'Oreal came up with this hybrid of sunscreen and BB cream. I reckon this is an extension of popular UV Perfect range, but with some properties of BB cream in it.

I remembered reading somewhere that it incorporates 10 significant benefits for the skin, but can't quite remember them (since they're meant to be a gimmick anyway!). This product comes in the packaging of its other UV Perfect range, and has a texture that is similar to a sunscreen. What I liked about this product is that it comes with SPF 50 UVA/UVB +++, which happens to be one of the highest sun protections you can get.

However, I must caution that this product really only suits a rather narrow range of skintones/skin types. Precisely, it's only suitable for people with fair skin tones, and it does not cover up blemishes or scars very well. Another thing that I noticed is it also does not blend very well. If you're expecting this to blend like butter onto the skin, then you'll be up for dissapointment ! If you have dry parches of skin, the streaks will show up. What I do to remedy this is to keep my skin hydrated with an additional serum.

Considering that the iconic Fan Bing Bing is the official brand ambassador for this, I'm not sure if it indirectly implies that you need skin as fair and flawless as hers to be using this product. It provides some brightening effect and does blur imperfections to a small degree, but it you have scars or pimples, a separate concealer is definitely needed.

In a nutshell, BB Max would be for you if you have fair skin and have generally clear skin. The product does not self-adjust to darker skintones (so it may have that grayish-white cast), and does not blend very well so you really need to ensure that your skin is well hydrated.