October 22, 2014 | 1804 users online

Eye Shadow - Wet 'n' Wild - Going in the Wild palette

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2013 3:02:00 PM More reviews by deadonarrivals

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a good palette and I'm glad I got it. It does have some unique shades that I don't have in my collection like the bright purple, bright sea green and dark green glitter shade. I will say most of the shades are pigmented w/ primer. However, on the purple side, the top two (brownbone - yellow beige & the crease - pinky taupe) aren't that great. Even with primer, these two shades just don't show up on my skin at well. I will say that I'm in love with the green side. I love all the shades on that side and everyone of them are so pretty & vibrant. I experienced no fallout with this palette and the shades really do blend in nicely with each other. I feel this is a useful palette because cool and warm toned people can wer it and it is a nice change from typical neutrals. This is a fun little inexpensive palette form Wet 'n Wild for just under five dollars. I found mine at Rite-Aid. Oh and be careful with the packaging on this palette. I broke a nail trying to open it! Now, I use tweezers to pry it open.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2013 11:08:00 PM More reviews by tricyclesinskirts

This contains a pretty dead-on dupe for MAC's satin taupe (I swatched em to make sure.) you could nitpick the differences, but its a great dupe, and $5 for a whole palette beats the ish out of $15 for one color. Unfortunately, the other shades just don't do it for my NW20 skin--despite looking neutral in the pan. If you don't own satin taupe, I very much recommend this palette. This taupe is even better than NYX iced mocha, which was also supposed to dupe satin taupe. The packaging is a wee bit better, too, which gives me great hope that WnW intends to improve their shoddy packaging. it becomes tiresome to carry about these bulky palettes, and i always forget the "one" shade i like, unless i LOVE it. this one shade is not that fabulous, and the bulk is not worth it. i wouldn't bother.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2013 3:31:00 PM More reviews by evapop

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the 8 pan palettes from WnW and went on a hunt for the spring limited edition Nude Awakenings palette. I couldn't find it anywhere and was just about to give up before seeing a link from the Nouveau Cheap site to an online retailer selling both LE palettes. I begrudgingly got this one too and I am sooooo glad I did. This is a super fun palette! PROS: - great colors - nicely pigmented - very blendable - no fall out - so cheap CONS: - packaging - pigment is not as rich as original 8 pans but the colors are so bold and price so right that using a primer and good brush fixes that problem. This palette is great for those who want to experiment with a little color. It's also shockingly good quality for the price. Skip the Starbucks and get this instead --- less calories and way more fun!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2013 12:23:00 AM More reviews by rainnkenyon

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

These are so pretty! I was lucky enough to find this, and I love it. These are such great Spring time colors. They are the usual wonderful Wet N Wild Color Icon shadow quality. I would buy again if only they were available. If you are lucky enough to find this, grab it. As for the name, if you don't like it, change it. It's like adopting a puppy. You can call it anything you like once you get it home. I call mine "Bob".

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2013 2:17:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I loved the last WnW palettes (ie Comfort Zone) so I was so excited to spot this at CVS. Finally. Alas, these are not as pigmented as the last collection. They barely show up at all sans primer. I tested all the shades and only the darkest one went on nicely on my bare skin. The rest needed primer or concealer to show up well. Another con: all of them are shimmery. Not a single matte. What a dumb name, too: "Going in the Wild." You know what image that conjures up for me? A bear crapping the woods.

Not impressed, but I don't think I'll return it. This was $4.99 which is a reasonable cost.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No