November 23, 2014 | 1905 users online

Polishes - Bobbi Brown - Roza

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2013 12:39:00 PM More reviews by julia178

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Let me start by saying that I am not a nail polish junkie or expert by any means, I own a mere total of 5 bottles of the usual Essie, Zoya and OPI that I use on my toes, I very rarely wear polish on my finger nails. I sampled the shade Roza on the nail of my pinkie while waiting at the BB counter, only one coat and did not pay too much attention until later that day when I realized that the soft hint of color was really pretty! So I went back to the counter and bought it. A few days later I wanted to get a bottle for a friend of mine but Roza is Limited Edition sold out quickly. Roza is a very natural looking muted grayish pink. On my light, cool toned skin this shade is flattering and gives me a polished my-nails-but-better look. It is quite glossy and shiny, but not metallic or sparkly. This polish, as the previous reviewer noted, is quite thin, so it applies very well but also comes out sheer. With two to three coats it will become nicely opaque. It wears well for me, about a week without chipping. Price: $18, which I personally consider steep, hence my overall rating of four instead of five stars. Would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2013 8:40:00 PM More reviews by MaryEllen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

Let me preface this review by saying it is not fake. I bought this polish at the same time I bought the shadow palette and am very pleased with it. It reminds my of RBL's Grunge, but matte and a bit less girly. It is indeed a pink with a grey undertone, but I find it a refreshing, sophisticated neutral--not nude, not pink, not grey, but a unique shade that looks slightly different in different lighting and looks well on my hands. It would be a great polish for work, yet it's understated and elegant enough for an evening out, and would be wearable year-round. As with all the BB polishes I've had, the quality is great and it holds up a full week with my usual Butter London Flawless Base Coat and Seche Vite Fast Dry topcoat. One caveat--the polish is slightly thin (I think it's because the bottle is so new), so some may prefer to use three coats rather than two. (I can just make out the white of my nail with two coats.) This will join my small collection of favorite, go-to neutral polishes.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2013 10:01:00 AM More reviews by violetmist

This looked appealing in the bottle and it lead me to believe that Bobbi is getting a little hip but on application it is the dullest colour I have ever seen. Looks like an Essie throw-a-away. Rosy nude with a grey undertone that is also rather unflattering. No polish would be better. If you are going to spend a lot of money on polish spend it on Chanel, Dior or Nars and you'll get something worth it. AND LET ME ADD: I am sick of seeing the phony reviews for BB products on this site. They are so obvious coming as they are from the same person and reading like ad copy. Ladies I hope you can spot them too and are not deceived into buying a product because of these reviews.