August 29, 2014 | 1713 users online

Eye Shadow - Christian Dior - 5 Colour Iridescent Eyeshadow - Crush Glow 659

rated 5.0(1 review)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2013 7:19:00 AM More reviews by Marianthoula

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have this thing for Dior quints, I try to come up with a look that incorporates all five colours, although this is not how Dior proposes to wear them. They have tips for 2- and 3-colour combinations.
Although the colours on the pan appear warm-ish, the combination I did on my eyes was neutral-cool. How 'bout that! Here is my take on this beautiful, GLOWING quint:

1) Lower left colour on the inner 2/3 of the upper lid
2) Lower right on the outer third and crease
3) Diffuse the dark crease with the middle colour, bringing it up towards the brow a notch
4) Highlight with upper right on browbone and tearduct
5) Add upper left as highlight on the middle of the upper lid and blend softly with the other two.

These colours bring out a green I did not know I had in my dark brown eyes. They look hazel-green as in hazel towards the centre and green on the outer of the iris. I just stared at my iris every few minutes!

The keyword here is "glowing". It is an Iridescent quint, meaning the colours shine, but in a very elegant and feminine way. Also, for reference, I estimate I am 15/20 in MAC (I wear Dior's Forever-old formula in 20 and ELDW in Linen).

I have rated the packaging 4 because it is good, safe and I can actually use the included brushes in an emergency (like being in a hotel and see you have forgotten your regular brushes back at home) to get decent results.

The price is a 3 for me. Yes, the original investment is high but these shadows will last a long time because so little is required each time.

The overall rating is a 5. Although not one of my most favourite colour combinations, this quint has consistent great quality in all five colours. They are all buttery-smooth (classic Dior) and apply with good saturated and true-to-pan colour.

Lastly, I do not find this quint to be essential for me since I have many others from Dior that contain more or less same-themed colours, but I am happy with this product and (if I did not have any others) I would be willing to buy again.