Nivea Lip Butter Caramel Cream Kiss

3.9

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This product is awesome. I can see why so many people would give it bad reviews, the main reason being packaging. I know most people do not prefer the type of lip balm you have to dip your finger into. However, as long as you use hand sanitizer or wash your hands before application, there's nothing to worry about. Also, as I've seen a few other people on here say, I often just hold up up to my mouth and apply it to my lips that way without dipping my fingers in if I am away from a sink/have no hand sanitizer. Also when it comes to packaging, you don't want to leave this in your pocket because the metal container is likely to dent if you sit on it.

Other than that, you can't beat this lip balm. I used to think the price point was a little high for a lip balm (between 3 and 4 dollars) but after seeing what people spend on high end lip balms, I'd say it's not priced badly at all!

The scent/flavor of caramel cream kiss is one of my favorite out of the line. In my opinion it doesn't taste like cereal at all like some other people have been saying on here... it tastes like a sweet caramel desert.

The hydration factor is awesome. I don't find this overbearing whenever my lips are normal, just really moisturizing. And when my lips are dry/chapped, this fixes them up right away. I have every flavor (scent... whatever the technical term is) and two of the caramel cream kiss.. and I'm not normally a person to do something like that.

This is the only lip balm I use. Trying to use it all up but a tin of this will last you forever!!

on 6/22/2015 12:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

this is an okay lip balm. the packaging is horrid because the product gets all messy. the scent doesn't smell much like caramel cream, it smells like cereal and it isn't very pleasant. the texture and consistency of it is great. it moisturizes fairly, but not that much. the price isn't really worth the hype. i wouldn't go for this one again. :(

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

love this stuff so much, a bit more glossy and not a thick cream when it comes to lip treatments. Tokyo Milk's tins are AWFUL in terms of the lid staying on, this lid stays put. Tokyo Milk's lip cream is much more thick, this has a glide to it. Very pleased with this. Great lip product to put on before bed.

on 5/16/2015 5:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I have this in Caramel Cream Kiss and it just does not work for me. You know how some lip products feel moisturizing when you put them on and you feel the need to reapply because in reality they're drying your lips out? This is that for me.

This Kiss of Smoothness works a lot better.

on 4/23/2015 12:57:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Not a fan of these despite the great reviews that I've seen on YouTube. The only good thing I can say about these is that the scent is amazing to the point that I want to eat it!
But it leaves a white cast and it doesn't sink into my lips, so it's just sitting ontop which isn't flattering. The packaging looks nice and sleek but is a mission to open and I chip my nail every single time I attempt to open it. I can see this working well as a cuticle cream or to moisterise dry elbows etc.

on 2/17/2015 10:14:00 PM

I am not stark, raving, in love with this balm. Not horrible, but not spectacular either. But overall, I like it alright - glad I tried it out. It is moisturizing, but also a little greasy. However, it is a good value. I also like the simplistic, European-esque look of the small tin. This particular flavor/scent is alright. I prefer the macadamia nut one instead.

on 12/18/2014 1:09:00 PM

I really like this Nivea lip butter. I have it in several flavors/scents, and I'm pleased. I love the smell. It smells like Captain Crunch cereal! The texture and consistency is how I like-super smooth and buttery. It glides on my lips easily. I generally don't adore packaging where you got to use your fingers, but this applies so easily. It leaves my lips hydrated and soft. If you don't mind using packaging like this, and like a scent like captain crunch, as well as liking less waxy, smoother balms, give this a go!

on 11/26/2014 12:36:00 AM

I have used almost an entire tin of this; I have not tried the other Nivea tinned lip butters. I generally have fairly "normal" lips that are usually not dry or flaky except during a harsh winter. I can generally get away with lighter formulas, and I personally use lip balm in the morning and nightly to keep them hydrated but I usually do not reapply throughout the day.

This is a tin-style lip butter that applies to the lips and also contains a light but "fake" caramel scent, slightly reminiscent to the caramel syrup with flan. I don't notice the smell once I put it on, and I don't find that this has much of a taste. Personally, I like that the fragrance is on the light-side although it will disappoint if the main appeal of this was for a stronger fragrance/taste.

I actually got this as a free gift with a Nivea lotion, otherwise I wouldn't normally pick this up since I'm not a big fan of this style of packaging. However, I found that the product comes up to the rim of the tin so you could swipe your lips on the balm (like an EOS lip balm) to get some product on and smooth out by pressing your lips. I find the product very moisturizing, albeit in a very similar way to Vaseline given the primary ingredient is petroleum. In fact it practically functions as a slightly nicer textured Vaseline, in that it leaves a moisturizing "layer" on the lips with a slightly shiny finish. The lip butter has a bit too much slip for me to to wear under lipsticks, so I reserve this for nighttime use. I've been using this almost every night since I got it (a few months now), and my lips are considerably more hydrated compared to when I used EOS lip balms for nighttime. As far as living up to its claims of protecting the lips and giving long-lasting nourishment, I found that this certainly does that.

Although I do like the product itself, I personally will not repurchase this product since tin-packaging is usually a deal breaker for me. At $4, I feel that there are better lip balms in the drugstore that can outperform this (even within Nivea's line) since I feel this is like a glorified Vaseline. While Nivea edges out Vaseline slightly (nicer balmier texture, nice scent, cute tin), it would be a much better value just to get a tub of Vaseline since you're not missing out on much. Unless fragrance (and a cute looking tin) is your priority in a lip product, I would personally skip these as you could probably buy some Vaseline AND a better lip balm for the price of one tin. It is still a good product though, if you do happen to be curious about the scents.

on 7/16/2014 7:59:00 AM

i have this in vanilla macadamia. its super hydrating, smells wonderful, and the tin is cute. i actually pucker up and sort of kiss the product rather than applying with my hands. i love it.

on 6/3/2014 2:26:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love the other flavor of this, Vanilla Macadamia nut. This one is ok. I LOVE caramel, but this just isn't doing it. Its the same formula as the vanilla one except i do notice my lips aren't as hydrated? I don't know if I am crazy here but lol, I don't feel them as hydrated as I do with the macadamia one.

Popular Lip Treatments