Nivea Lip Butter Caramel Cream Kiss

3.9

on 5/16/2015 5:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I have this in Caramel Cream Kiss and it just does not work for me. You know how some lip products feel moisturizing when you put them on and you feel the need to reapply because in reality they're drying your lips out? This is that for me.

This Kiss of Smoothness works a lot better.

on 4/23/2015 12:57:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Not a fan of these despite the great reviews that I've seen on YouTube. The only good thing I can say about these is that the scent is amazing to the point that I want to eat it!
But it leaves a white cast and it doesn't sink into my lips, so it's just sitting ontop which isn't flattering. The packaging looks nice and sleek but is a mission to open and I chip my nail every single time I attempt to open it. I can see this working well as a cuticle cream or to moisterise dry elbows etc.

on 2/17/2015 10:14:00 PM

I am not stark, raving, in love with this balm. Not horrible, but not spectacular either. But overall, I like it alright - glad I tried it out. It is moisturizing, but also a little greasy. However, it is a good value. I also like the simplistic, European-esque look of the small tin. This particular flavor/scent is alright. I prefer the macadamia nut one instead.

on 12/18/2014 1:09:00 PM

I really like this Nivea lip butter. I have it in several flavors/scents, and I'm pleased. I love the smell. It smells like Captain Crunch cereal! The texture and consistency is how I like-super smooth and buttery. It glides on my lips easily. I generally don't adore packaging where you got to use your fingers, but this applies so easily. It leaves my lips hydrated and soft. If you don't mind using packaging like this, and like a scent like captain crunch, as well as liking less waxy, smoother balms, give this a go!

on 11/26/2014 12:36:00 AM

I have used almost an entire tin of this; I have not tried the other Nivea tinned lip butters. I generally have fairly "normal" lips that are usually not dry or flaky except during a harsh winter. I can generally get away with lighter formulas, and I personally use lip balm in the morning and nightly to keep them hydrated but I usually do not reapply throughout the day.

This is a tin-style lip butter that applies to the lips and also contains a light but "fake" caramel scent, slightly reminiscent to the caramel syrup with flan. I don't notice the smell once I put it on, and I don't find that this has much of a taste. Personally, I like that the fragrance is on the light-side although it will disappoint if the main appeal of this was for a stronger fragrance/taste.

I actually got this as a free gift with a Nivea lotion, otherwise I wouldn't normally pick this up since I'm not a big fan of this style of packaging. However, I found that the product comes up to the rim of the tin so you could swipe your lips on the balm (like an EOS lip balm) to get some product on and smooth out by pressing your lips. I find the product very moisturizing, albeit in a very similar way to Vaseline given the primary ingredient is petroleum. In fact it practically functions as a slightly nicer textured Vaseline, in that it leaves a moisturizing "layer" on the lips with a slightly shiny finish. The lip butter has a bit too much slip for me to to wear under lipsticks, so I reserve this for nighttime use. I've been using this almost every night since I got it (a few months now), and my lips are considerably more hydrated compared to when I used EOS lip balms for nighttime. As far as living up to its claims of protecting the lips and giving long-lasting nourishment, I found that this certainly does that.

Although I do like the product itself, I personally will not repurchase this product since tin-packaging is usually a deal breaker for me. At $4, I feel that there are better lip balms in the drugstore that can outperform this (even within Nivea's line) since I feel this is like a glorified Vaseline. While Nivea edges out Vaseline slightly (nicer balmier texture, nice scent, cute tin), it would be a much better value just to get a tub of Vaseline since you're not missing out on much. Unless fragrance (and a cute looking tin) is your priority in a lip product, I would personally skip these as you could probably buy some Vaseline AND a better lip balm for the price of one tin. It is still a good product though, if you do happen to be curious about the scents.

on 7/16/2014 7:59:00 AM

i have this in vanilla macadamia. its super hydrating, smells wonderful, and the tin is cute. i actually pucker up and sort of kiss the product rather than applying with my hands. i love it.

on 6/3/2014 2:26:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love the other flavor of this, Vanilla Macadamia nut. This one is ok. I LOVE caramel, but this just isn't doing it. Its the same formula as the vanilla one except i do notice my lips aren't as hydrated? I don't know if I am crazy here but lol, I don't feel them as hydrated as I do with the macadamia one.

on 5/20/2014 10:02:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Overall a very nice product.
It's easy to apply (although a little messy & unhygienic if you've got dirty hands) and gives your lips a natural looking glossy shine.
I've got a wide range of different lip products and definitely think this is one of my favourites, although it's not a quick fix for awfully damaged lips, it's generally a cheap & an effective every day product which will keep your lips smooth & shiny.
I now never leave the house without my lip butter (either caramel cream or Vanilla & macadamia) & it's kept my lips hydrated & crack free even throughout winter, in the wind & cold whilst riding my horse.
Fantastic product which I would definitely buy again.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Would I buy this again: yes
BUT... I don't find this to be a fixer upper.
If you have dry, cracked lips, this will soothe them but not fix them. I have found this to be good on chapped lips but it requires a few applications to be effective. 2 days in my experience. If I usually have chapped lips I use Carmex or Blistex and overnight the flakies and dryness are gone.
My POSITIVES: I would buy this again because it does an amazing job of keeping lips hydrated. I applied this whilst having the flu (when my lips were a flakey dry mess). While it did hydrate my lips, it still didn't really fix them like my other balm (blistex) did. So anyway, after my flu and my lips were nice and normal and smooth, I went back to this Caramel Lip Butter. And BAM! My lips are smooth and staying smooth! This stuff works great for mildly chapped/smooth lips to get them in good condition. Not for really dry chapped lips.
Good scent!
It is so subtle yet yummy and it is so mild that it actually makes you feel like you are putting a mildly flavoured butter on your lips.
It comes in a tin pot.
Which I like, because it looks pretty and it makes it easy to distinguish from my glosses. Yes, it may be unhygienic from a general point of view, but I reckon my tube glosses hold a lot more bacteria around the rim than this one. (Has anyone else gotten gloss or balm with the tiny hole that eventually makes its way up/down the threads of the lid? And bacteria can get to the edges or into the threads of the tube which eventually eases its way to the outside. I'm a balm in bag kinda girl and some of my tubes have picked up bag dust) There is no opportunity for stickiness or leakage from this. Unless you scrape your finger on the side. Aaaargh such a long review but the short of it is:
Smells great
Feels like butter (mmmm:-)
Soothes chapped lips (but...)
Won't fix very chapped lips fast (2-3 days)
Keeps lips soft
Great under lipstick
Great over lipstick
Feels velvety smooth.
Keeps unchapped lips unchapped!

Not good to repair lips in a short time period but amazing for everyday AFTER lips have healed. I have never had such smooth lips for so much amount of time!

on 3/30/2014 7:14:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

I have to say, this product smells so delicious I want to eat it. Buttery consistency, delicious scent, and moisturising effect is great. I only have a little qualm with this, that it comes in a tin and you have to apply the product with your fingers… a little doubt in the hygiene department, other wise I have no complaints about this lip butter. Given it the 3 trials (day, night, lipstick base), and it passed with flying colours. The tin is small and flat so it fits into your purse or travelling bags/cosmetic bags easily, so you can take it everywhere. It has gained a permanent place in my hand bag.

Popular Lip Treatments