Ecotools Deluxe fan brush

4.8

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

The biggest problem with Ecotools:
They do not wash well. One or two washes, and the bristles get pokey and lose their shape. (the brushes get fuzzy with a gentle wash)

Despite that, I picked up this fan brush. I had been looking for a fuller/larger fan brush for a while, something that didn't cost so much. I decided the size was right, and I could use a soft cloth and brush cleaner to spot clean.

The bristles are tapered up the side, so it does a really nice job of picking up product. The actual brush size is somewhat big, so this isn't the best brush for precise application. But it does taper to being fairly thin at the top, so I have found it to be quite versatile.

If you want a larger size, and more dense fan brush, this is a great choice at this price point. I just don't expect it to last very long.

I had wanted a fan brush that wouldn't break the bank, and this brush had a perfect rating, so I bought it online at Ulta. Sorry to ruin the 5 star streak, but I don't love this brush. I was really looking for a typical, precise fan brush that I could use to sweep on a touch of highlighter, or to dust off excess powder. This brush is too dense and clumsy to do that. When I wash it, it becomes even fluffier, and winds up being difficult to control.

Get it. Now. This brush is simply amazing. It is larger and more dense than the regular fan brush, but the sides are tapered so you can still achieve a very precise application. It's a multi-functional brush that applies powder products beautifully. The size is perfect for setting the face with powder, with the shape you can really get it in the cheekbones for contouring/bronzing, it works great for highlighting as well and although it is dense it applies blush softly. I use this brush daily, and I have yet to find any cons to it. Other pros are: The bristles are incredibly soft, it does not shed, cruelty free, eco-conscious and very affordable!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Silver, Straight, Coarse

I owned only one fan brush and it was the Laura Mercier, which is thin, flat and great for applying gossamer layers of whatever you want to gossamer with. From the looks of the photo, I knew the Ecotools was much fuller, but I had no idea it was as thick, wide, and bushy as it is. Wasn't sure at first, but I've grown to love it. I use it to apply WNW Fergie's mattefying powder and my Neutrogena oil control powder. It never occurred to me to use it for blush/bronzer, but I think I'll give it a shot with my WNW Reserve Your Cabana, which is a great non-glittery highlighter for me.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was looking for not only a good price pointe but full not flimsy, fan brush at Kroger & the EcoTools ("ET") was the only one they had wouldntyaknow but I couldn't have asked for a better DS brush! I had never previously owned a fan brush thinking I didn't need 1 but it is so useful for illuminators/highlight all of that shimmery good stuff! Mine was ~USD$6 & I love the they are cruelty free eco friendly would rather buy ET than ebay, Amazon, or aliexpress (just a few examples), & yes they are dupes & I own some but they may look like ET but not cruelty free necessarily guaranteed they are just esthetically similar w wooden handles & gawd-knows-what-bristles. Consumers speak volumes; if u buy cruelty-free then cosmetics companies will cater to us. If I buy a cheap(er) brush chances are I don't want to even know what it's materials composed of I got my brush but at what "cost?" Your dollar speaks! If u skip over that perfectly functional brush for something like ET ur telling the world u won't put up w crap like cruelty. The bristles are so soft the only deterrent for me between the other brands & the ET is purely financial. But the ET is extremely high quality, really outstanding. The softest best quality DS fan brush for a good price & availability is awesome coz my Kroger doesn't have many brushes selection.

Edit 9/18/15: Elf is also cruelty free btw.

great brush for the price

This is a really good brush for applying finishing powder or blending out blush. Super soft and good value.

Love, love, love this brush!! Perfect for highly pigmented blushes (or practically any blush and many powders, it just works the best for highly pigmented blush of any brush I hae tried). Cleans very easily, has no shedding at all, and I've had this a while and use it a lot, and still have not seen a single bristle shedded. Great price point, too. Would definitely re-purchase and would definitely recommend!! I even bought a backup in case they discontinue this!! 5-stars, for sure!!!!

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

One of my newest brushes and Im very delighted to have finally found a FULL fan brush. I already have an angled brush for sculpting but its quite small, and not the best to get along the hairline/forehead area to even furthern sculpt and/or get a real sun touched effect. This is perfect for that:cheekbone sculpting, along the hairline, jawline, and embarssingly enough...breast sculpting. Nothing extreme, but the breasts& chest area can be enhanced with bronzer as well. The size is perfect, it's soft, no shedding, and the price is very agreeable. Im so glad my family came to visit me in Switzerland and bought this for me from my USA wishlist. Unfortunatly my country is very limited to brands so if you are in USA and looking for a sculpting brush, this is the perfect one.

A fan brush that isn't wimpy! I've been wanting one that would actually wipe away the residual eyeshadow from underneath your eyes. This deluxe fan brush is perfect!! I read the other reviews and it didn't cross my mind to use it to apply blush or highlighter. It's definitely a dual purpose tool. I'll keep mine clean and strictly for whisking away eyeshadow fallout. This brush is super soft and very full. It's a fabulous value for the money. Ecotools are fabulous.

Popular Makeup Brushes