September 22, 2014 | 1028 users online

Lipstick - Estee Lauder - Signature Rose Honey #08

rated 5.0(1 review)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2013 7:15:00 PM More reviews by susiej

I first saw Rose Honey as a swatch on the Estee Lauder website and made a note to check it out in store- which I did. I thought it was far too orangey and opaque (as compared with the pink peach example on the website) and moved on! But for some reason I couldn't get it out of my head- a few weeks later I went back, swatched again and had the same thoughts but figured what the hell! I am really glad I did. Rose Honey is a really wonderful coral shade caught somewhere between pink/peach and orange. On the lips it acts as a real "pick me up" colour that brings a bit of life to my face. It isn't sheer or opaque but very buildable and wearable. I find the formula a little bit drying (but I find *everything* a little bit drying, so it should be fine for normal people) and wear is pretty standard at a couple of hours.
One thing I don't like is the smell- it is described as vanilla-fig- I just get nasty chemical, catch in the back of your throat smell unfortunately. Something else that I have noticed is a real downturn in the quality of the packaging. My particular copy is very stiff in the casing and feels a bit thin? If anyone has one of these lipsticks from a decade ago they will know what I mean. It used to be much more substantial and luxuriant. I haven't marked it down for that though- just an observation about how quality has changed over the years.

Update: I am upgrading this to the full five. I have become accustomed to the smell- I'd still rather it was even half as intense as it is, but my nose now tolerates it. The big reason I am revising this is because I have had that many positive comments on it- it is very flattering on me. It lasts and fades well and I feel happy and confident wearing it so it had to go up a notch!