October 30, 2014 | 1816 users online

Loose Powders - Maybelline - Shine Free Oil-Control Loose Powder

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 10/20/2014 5:30:00 PM More reviews by HeartofanElephant

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I enjoyed this loose powder, however, it was completely not the right shade for me. It only comes in two shades which is quite disappointing. I got it in the shade light and it had a strong orange tint that definitely did not compliment my skin tone.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2014 11:51:00 PM More reviews by flashdanzer

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Maybelline do powder foundation very well. This loose powder goes on smoothly to create a flawless finish. It keeps my makeup matte all day. The Medium 02 is great for my neutral/warm undertone and doesn't make me look too pale like some loose powders can. I think this is a great budget powder and I will continue to use it.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2014 2:45:00 AM More reviews by terralynn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

If you're looking for a good, cheap loose setting powder then look no further than Maybelline's Shine Free Oil Control Loose Powder.
Finely milled, this loose powder is a must-have staple for every basic makeup kit. For someone on a budget, the product is a godsend.
It's affordable, and does exactly what it's supposed to without looking cakey. It leaves your skin feeling luxuriously silken when applied with a fluffy brush, and does a fantastic job at further masking redness.
The powder is guaranteed to last all day and is perfect for night time as it doesn't react to flash photography.
The product itself will last a long time; I have had mine for over four months and I am a heavy makeup user.

If you're looking for a matte loose powder but you don't want to bust your budget, then you definitely need to give this product a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2014 9:11:00 PM More reviews by eman00sherif

i love this powder, really controls shine without adding more coverage or cakiness just mattifing effect .
its buff sponge is really good ,sometimes i use large powder brush.
the only bad thing about it is the covering lid oh my god i just hate it, it makes it non travel friendly it will pop out in your purse or if you dropped it,it would be a very powdry explosion :D
other than that it is perfect for my oily t zone and chin also on checks it makes foundation last longer :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2013 1:18:00 PM More reviews by LokaLopez13

Keeps my face literally SHINE FREE al day I have the most oily face too love this i bought this really cheap at walgreens under $7 I use it over my foundation and it is just the best my makeup looks flawless 8+ hours

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2013 9:27:00 PM More reviews by MeghanJoAnna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Lately, I have been experiencing a lot of shine on my face. I would not consider my skin to be oily but definitely a little bit of shine in my t-zone area.
I picked this product up at Wal-mart the other day (around $9) because it is suppose to keep oil and shine under control.
Like I mentioned before, my skin is not oily just a little more shine than it use to. I love this powder! It did take that extra shine away! I bought this power in light. This powder does not offer coverage like a foundation would. I would consider it to be more of a translucent or setting powder. I am actually glad that it does not add any coverage because I like liquid foundation.
My biggest issue with this product would be the applicator that comes with it and the lid. The applicator is slightly difficult to get out because there is no loop and you have to stick your finger under it to pop it out. It is also stiff and just doesn't suit me so I use a brush to apply this powder.
I also detest the lid because it slides on and off. It doesn't twist or clip. I travel a lot and lake to take my makeup with me. I am scared to throw this into my makeup bag because I am scared the top will come off!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2013 11:40:00 PM More reviews by dianelarsenemail

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

-Chalky texture
-provides no coverage
-oily finish
-white residue

rated 1 of 5 on 5/19/2013 1:42:00 PM More reviews by Pixmay

I tried this because I have a really shiny nose ... Not oily , shiny And I thought this might help but after a few hours my nose would be like dripping with oil and it was gross I was better off not wearing any powder at all and apparently it was more noticeable b/c it was mentioned to me by loads of people :(

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2013 3:32:00 PM More reviews by humc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

My skin is acne-prone, extremely oily, and has a bit of uneven redness. I use this powder in "light."

I've been using this powder for years and, while it honestly does not do a great job of controlling oil like I had hoped, it does work fantastic as a setting powder.
I use Estee Lauder double wear foundation and wait a minute or two for it to dry to my skin. Then I set it with this powder. It does a wonderful job at making my foundation look even more flawless and natural.
However, my face will get shiny in about an hour :(
Because of this, I use another oil-control product over it (Mac's blotting pressed powder) that works wonders.

Bottom line: I will continue to purchase this powder because it does a great job at setting my foundation. If you are looking for a powder that will control your oils for hours- this is not for you!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2013 4:40:00 PM More reviews by kaylababin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't know why just about everyone is saying that the packaging is horrible; when I buy it it lasts months looking exactly the same and the lid is tight, so I love the packaging. I use the Light shade and it controls the oil on my skin for around 3-4 hours before needing a touchup. I find this is a really good powder for long days at work, because it lasts a long time on the face without starting to look cakey or orange.

I wear this over Revlon New Complexion foundation in 02, and find that the combination of the two give me a medium coverage while looking very soft and natural. I'd definitely recommend this to anyone with normal, combination or oily skin!!