September 2, 2014 | 942 users online

Moisturizers - Boots - No 7 Beautiful Skin Day Cream for Normal/Oily Skin

rated 2 of 5 on 3/3/2014 3:19:00 AM More reviews by dearambellina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I was so excited to try this product based on the reviews here, but sadly after trying it I'll now be the one to go against the majority.
The cream itself is rather lovely. Lightweight, minimal moisturizer scent. I only needed a pea size amount to cover my face sufficiently and it absorbed into my skin quickly. For the first 8 hours I wore the cream without makeup and was impressed by how mattifying the cream is. Pretty much every cream I try leaves me extra oily, even if it's designed for oily skin, so this was huge! Eventually I applied foundation/powder to go out and continued to be impressed by how not-oily I was!
Then... the next morning. I broke out. I have chronic hormonal acne around my jaw line but I woke up with 2 cystic pimples in the middle of my cheek and I NEVER get pimples there. I was a little upset, but (perhaps foolishly) gave the cream the benefit of a doubt and used it for a second day. The following day I was even more broken out. Le sigh. Off to the swap list it goes.
I'm really sad this cream made me break out because it seemed to do such a great job keeping oil at bay and mattifying the skin without drying it out. If you decide to try it I hope your luck is better than mine.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2013 11:56:00 AM More reviews by alexxandria

I've tried a few mattifying moisturisers (Nivea, Clarins, La Roche Posay) and have found this one to be the best. What I like best about it that it doesn't interfear with your face - it feels clean, refreshing and barely there. Plus it doesn't interfear with make up.. sometimes matte moisturisers feel a bit stiff or chalky and can make your make up look weird. This feels like I have nothing on. It smells exactly how you'd want a moisturiser to smell. It doesn't break me out. It has sun protection in. It actually moisturisers.. and absorbs v well.

The only reason I give it 4/5 rather than 5/5 is because it doesn't completely mattify, I still get a little shiney. But, as said, it's still better than other mattifing moisturisers I've tried.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2013 5:39:00 PM More reviews by akneil

This is a great daily moisturizer. I needed something with SPF in it and picked this up at Shoppers drug mart for 20-something odd dollars. It's smooth, creamy and moisturizing. Blends nicely and you only need a pea-size amount. Great under foundation.

The SDM beauty consultant suggested I buy the normal/oily formula (i was reaching for the normal/dry). She explained the difference between dry skin and dehydrated skin;
Because I use AHA's and Clindoxyl gel, the surface of my skin gets dry. So I don't actually have dry skin, I have dehydrated skin, and the normal/dry formula may have been to rich and may have clogged my pores.
Definitely helpful information, and I do find the normal/oily formula gives a sufficient amount of moisture.

Overall I think it's a great moisturizer and I've had no problems with it!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2013 10:29:00 PM More reviews by CourtL128

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love the Boots No 7 skin care line for normal/oily skin. The day and night creams are so silky and moisturizing without feeling heavy on my oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2013 1:56:00 AM More reviews by ak527ftw

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great everyday moisturizer! The SPF is awesome as well. I haven't used it long enough to notice a huge difference in my skin...but I love that it doesn't make your skin greasy/oily while leaving it plenty soft and moisturized.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2013 8:35:00 PM More reviews by NoirAngelx

A staple in my skincare routine! I have combination skin that is also prone to dehydration and flaky patches. This hydrates my skin without making it greasy, and makes my foundation glide on. It has never broken me out. It also has SPF 15 which is nice a bonus.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2013 10:41:00 PM More reviews by Peridot07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a very nice everyday moisturizer. It hydrates the dry skin around my mouth and leaves a matte finish, making a nice base for foundation. My t-zone still needs blotting throughout the day, but not as often when I use this product. This moisturizer also has SPF 15. All in all, a great skincare basic. Will definitely rebuy!